HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Maybe my personality differs to much but I don't fully agree but I do get your point. If someone like Zoey came back into my life I would personally be ecstatic as long as she doesn't try to cause any break ups. I personally think it's a bit harsh to write her off and out of your life , if she really is as good as a friend as the MC makes her out to be. I know her ghosting the MC is a shitty thing to do but to cut her out when she returns to me is a bit harsh for someone the MC considered a good friend at least without an explanation. If I was okay with her explanation I would at least trying to go back to being good friends if she was someone I considered a best friend in the past.

Even tho what Zoey did is worst, I don't think the MC is blameless either in the situation. Yeah sure Zoey might be uncomfortable when it comes to her feelings. But the MC didn't fight for her as far as I can recall or tell her his true feeling her being uncomfortable be dammed if she was going to leave. That's why I said it be totally different if they were actually a couple , then yeah fuck her if that was the case.
so her cutting MC out of her life is ok, but MC cutting her out of his life is not ok ? :D double standard right there. coming back without consequences only invites the same behavior to return.
MC can be friendly, as a matter of principle, but he doesn't owe her anything. certainly doesn't owe her her previous spot in his life.
MC respected her decision to leave, as a true friend and lover. fighting to keep her would be counterproductive. Zoey didn't second guessed herself in that decision, never paused even once to ponder what it would do to her best friend and their relationship, sure she was in full grief over her grandma, but still it would mean losing the other only meaningful person in her life... she didn't fight for their relationship either, she didn't fight to keep him. why should it fall only on MC's shoulders ? she even did the opposite, she cut him off.

Reactions: jimbro and znar25

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
personally i like Zoey alot, so i have a save with her name on it in the others path. was hoping she would stay the night with him after the halloween party and had a larger role in ep. 10.
however, it seems DPC wants her as a side girl and not a main LI.
i think personally that it's not such a bad thing to add her as a main LI at some point on the others path. MC still has strong feelings for her, and i think at the end of ep. 10 she runs off because she realizes she is in love with him. she should have stayed and had more scenes with him there where she confesses her feelings and he takes her to his tent and they fuck like rabbits.
that's how i would have done it anyway.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
He asked her to wait for him to graduate so they could go together, it was a matter of a few months. she didn't wait for him. the heavy atmosphere at the train station says it all. she was young, so she doesn't realize the real consequences of her choice, sure, but it is still a betrayal, whether she realizes it or not. they were best friends for years, and still she didn't realize how miserable he really was. she sacrificed the love of her life to pursue her own dream. she is entitled to do that, like everyone else, but there is always a price to pay for every decision. and she came back with nothing, she lost her dream, she lost her best friend, she lost her lover, very little hope for her future left.
it doesn't erase all the good things they shared before for years, but that was a very clear turning point. a decision devastating for everyone, particularly for their relationship.
ah I see I forgot about that detail of the MC asking her to wait. I still don't personally see it as a betrayal. I see it more of her being selfish and not thinking about the MC or her feeling towards him.

so her cutting MC out of her life is ok, but MC cutting her out of his life is not ok ? :D double standard right there. coming back without consequences only invites the same behavior to return.
MC can be friendly, as a matter of principle, but he doesn't owe her anything. certainly doesn't owe her her previous spot in his life.
MC respected her decision to leave, as a true friend and lover. fighting to keep her would be counterproductive. Zoey didn't second guessed herself in that decision, never paused even once to ponder what it would do to her best friend and their relationship, sure she was in full grief over her grandma, but still it would mean losing the other only meaningful person in her life... she didn't fight for their relationship either, she didn't fight to keep him. why should it fall only on MC's shoulders ? she even did the opposite, she cut him off.
well yeah it's not entirely on the MC either. Sure more of the blame is on Zoey 100%. I was just saying I dont think the MC is blameless since he didnt fight or let her know his true feelings. Tho I dont think the MC should of fought to keep her from leaving but rather just let her know his true feeling. Yeah might be a bit of a double standard take but that's just cause of my personality being more forgiving and understanding than most people. That I wouldn't cut ties that easily if it was someone like Zoey would I once considered a best friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: HiP1

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
But I have noticed so BaDIK parallels several movies
[...]
it's quite possible so he was inspired
[...]
Even Neil said so it was a Greek thing
[...]
I figure so DPC got inspired by several movies
Dude, you don't use the word "so" correctly. It means "consequently". You meant "that" in all those occurrences.

Now, you're reading way way too much into things. It's more like all you do is watching movies and you only see all those connections... Do you think the movie Troy is the first production to reference ancient greek clothes ?? There are billions of movies, series, books, paintings that depict those.

And what you said about Braveheart simply doesn't make any sense at all... You seriously think throat cutting alone is a reference to another work ?? Okay so there's a connection with the Chinese communist revolution too

The matrix one isn't even intelligible...

I think you're very young and unfamiliar with what is called *tropes* in cinema and tv production. Some kind of archetypes, like the Ice Queen for instance are templates that have been used and reused in many artworks for decades and decades, even centuries for some. Look into it.

• Thinking Face
  • Haha
Reactions: jimbro and dalli_x

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
ah I see I forgot about that detail of the MC asking her to wait. I still don't personally see it as a betrayal. I see it more of her being selfish and not thinking about the MC or her feeling towards him.

well yeah it's not entirely on the MC either. Sure more of the blame is on Zoey 100%. I was just saying I dont think the MC is blameless since he didnt fight or let her know his true feelings. Tho I dont think the MC should of fought to keep her from leaving but rather just let her know his true feeling. Yeah might be a bit of a double standard take but that's just cause of my personality being more forgiving and understanding than most people. That I wouldn't cut ties that easily if it was someone like Zoey would I once considered a best friend.
I don't think MC's true feelings really matter. even if he wasn't in love with her at the time, it doesn't change the fact that they are best friends. they spent every second of their free time together for years.
abandoning your best friend, cutting him out of your life suddenly without warning, not even waiting a few months to be able to leave together, it is a betrayal of their friendship.

they don't have the boyfriend/girlfriend label to their relationship, "only" best friends, so as a real friend, MC supporting her decision as much as he can makes sense, as it is about her dream and her grief over her grandmother. he can only ask her to wait for him. he cannot fight for her as "just a friend".

and then she comes back without any warning, showing up on his door step, as if nothing happened, wanting just to "unpause" the relationship.

i am also of the forgiving type, and i always leave the door open for people to come back. it doesn't mean that things will be the same when they come back. you can be friendly but something is always lost. especially if ties are cut off for a long time.
like someone said earlier, she should feel very lucky that MC invites her to parties and to hang out at all.

Reactions: dalli_x

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I don't think MC's true feelings really matter. even if he wasn't in love with her at the time, it doesn't change the fact that they are best friends. they spent every second of their free time together for years.
abandoning your best friend, cutting him out of your life suddenly without warning, not even waiting a few months to be able to leave together, it is a betrayal of their friendship.

they don't have the boyfriend/girlfriend label to their relationship, "only" best friends, so as a real friend, MC supporting her decision as much as he can makes sense, as it is about her dream and her grief over her grandmother. he can only ask her to wait for him. he cannot fight for her as "just a friend".

and then she comes back without any warning, showing up on his door step, as if nothing happened, wanting just to "unpause" the relationship.

i am also of the forgiving type, and i always leave the door open for people to come back. it doesn't mean that things will be the same when they come back. you can be friendly but something is always lost. especially if ties are cut off for a long time.
like someone said earlier, she should feel very lucky that MC invites her to parties and to hang out at all.
I can see how it's a betrayal from that point of view now especially considering it's the last few months before the MC would of gone to college, so she should of wanted to spend time with him and then leave.

One thing I will say I will give Zoey the benefit of doubt about just showing up out of the blue acting like nothing happened. As I swore I recall she did try to call him or text him but the MC changed his number and never told her. So that's why she just showed up.

Yeah Zoey knowing his true feeling probably just wishful thinking on my part and thinking it would of stopped her from ghosting him. But actually would of made it alot worst if she did ghost him still.

Reactions: HiP1

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I can see how it's a betrayal from that point of view now especially considering it's the last few months before the MC would of gone to college, so she should of wanted to spend time with him and then leave.

One thing I will say I will give Zoey the benefit of doubt about just showing up out of the blue acting like nothing happened. As I swore I recall she did try to call him or text him but the MC changed his number and never told her. So that's why she just showed up.

Yeah Zoey knowing his true feeling probably just wishful thinking on my part and thinking it would of stopped her from ghosting him. But actually would of made it alot worst if she did ghost him still.
not only spend time with him and leave, but leave together. Mc wanted to follow her and watch over her while she lives her dream, and maybe even go to college in San Diego. so just a few months, and she could have it all... :D

you're right, she called him, while MC blocked her number after he decided to move on instead of waiting forever for a message that would never come because she decided for him that it would be best to cut him off. :D
in my opinion, it would have been best for her to understand that MC blocked her. the little white lie from Neil was only to preserve her, but it delayed the realization of what she had done, and what she really lost.

and i agree, if we add the true feelings of MC on top (and her true feelings too), it makes it all much worse.

she literally sacrificed the love of her life to gain nothing, and wasted her inheritance. that's the reason why, in my playthroughs, I never choose to have MC be mad at her. her character comes of as cool and laid back, but her life and story are pitiable and pathetic. she needs MC to survive.

• Angry
Reactions: jimbro and dalli_x

Moni23

Aug 26, 2020
Zoey feels uncomfortable when she has to talk about her feelings. The MC knows this and that's why he's avoided talking about feelings with Zoey. Bret gave Zoey an example of how things went with him and Emma. Zoey made the decision to stop communicating with the MC on her own. Zoey cut off contact. Zoey screwed up, not the MC. Zoey should have just kept in touch.

Ask yourselves what you would do if your girl left, reduced contact, then stopped contact altogether and you found out via a social media platform that she had a new boyfriend. What would you do in the MC's place?

In my opinion, Zoey has forfeited her right to the MC. She can be happy if the MC invites her to the parties and perhaps wants to remain a friend of hers. But Zoey can't claim anything. Also, what happened in EP10 is labeled. The MC asks Zoey if she would have stayed if he had told her what he told her when he left the station. Zoey's answer was "...". Zoey doesn't realize she loves the MC until it's too late, when the MC is seen sitting around the campfire with his LI.

That's the difference between Zoey and Derek. It gets hard and Zoey leaves. She doesn't answer the MC again at the end of EP10. That's where Derek is different and there's a reason for that. I think so that Derek never had a real best friend in the past.

Zoey gave up on her best friend just like that. It's not that she went to San Diego, it's that she stopped seeing him. The MC says yes in EP9 so it felt like Zoey just threw him away. So Zoey gave up what she had. Derek probably didn't have a best friend before, that's why he's fighting for the friendship with the MC because he's not going to give up his best friend.
You forgot an important point. When Zoey decided to stop communicating, she thought it would be better for the MC. Of course, this is stupidity, but something else is important. Zoey believed she was doing what was best and made a mistake. She did not betray the MC.
The MC is partially responsible for their breakup. He didn’t fight for her, didn’t say anything at the station and didn’t try to reconnect. If my girlfriend stopped communicating with me for no apparent reason, I would at least find her and ask her why. The MC didn't need it. I would say that in this whole situation there is 70% Zoye’s fault and 30% the MC fault.
I always considered Derek to be a bad friend, someone I would never hang out with in real life. First of all, he's an idiot. I think there is no need to explain why I think so. Secondly, he cannot be trusted with any secrets.
I remember their first conversation. "Dude, why don't you beat that guy up? Then we'll get accepted into DIKS together!" And that's what Derek is all about. Throughout the game, the presenter constantly owes him. Must help him join the DIKS, must cover up his idiotic antics, must help Maya (whom I don’t care about), must solve their family problems. What should Derek do? Nothing, he's busy buying lottery tickets and flying with a fire extinguisher.
People like different characters, and that's fine, but personally, I'll choose Zoey over Josy, Maya, and Derek in 10 out of 10 playthroughs.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
You forgot an important point. When Zoey decided to stop communicating, she thought it would be better for the MC. Of course, this is stupidity, but something else is important. Zoey believed she was doing what was best and made a mistake. She did not betray the MC.
The MC is partially responsible for their breakup. He didn’t fight for her, didn’t say anything at the station and didn’t try to reconnect.
Dude has been gaslit by a fictional character... :WutFace:
c'mon bruv you really think MC could have changed Zoey's mind back then knowing what you know now?

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
Since you didn't specify just BADIK, I have to say, HELL NO! Derek isn't even the best bro created by DPC. That throne belongs to Liam.
Nah, while I did not finished AL, liam cant compete with Derek.He was literyl written like bump first 5 second of the game here is your best friend. He is you best friend deal with it.oh, he also get cancer so feel sorry for him :ROFLMAO:
whether we like it or not at least Derek and MC relationship develop, we see them how they become friends and in the ned this moment feels earned.
BeingADIK 2024-04-04 03-13-29-48.jpg
although I do wonder what will happen to our friendship once I throw Maya's ass out of our relationship with Josy:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: dalli_x

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Nah, while I did not finished AL, liam cant compete with Derek.He was literyl written like bump first 5 second of the game here is your best friend. He is you best friend deal with it.oh, he also get cancer so feel sorry for him :ROFLMAO:
whether we like it or not at least Derek and MC relationship develop, we see them how they become friends and in the ned this moment feels earned.
View attachment 3508441
although I do wonder what will happen to our friendship once I throw Maya's ass out of our relationship with Josy:unsure::ROFLMAO:
Derek will be fine just set him up with Zoey he'll be all for it bet he would beg to be best man when I marry Josy

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
The MC is partially responsible for their breakup. He didn’t fight for her, didn’t say anything at the station and didn’t try to reconnect. If my girlfriend stopped communicating with me for no apparent reason, I would at least find her and ask her why. The MC didn't need it. I would say that in this whole situation there is 70% Zoye’s fault and 30% the MC fault.
I always considered Derek to be a bad friend, someone I would never hang out with in real life. First of all, he's an idiot. I think there is no need to explain why I think so. Secondly, he cannot be trusted with any secrets.
I remember their first conversation. "Dude, why don't you beat that guy up? Then we'll get accepted into DIKS together!" And that's what Derek is all about. Throughout the game, the presenter constantly owes him. Must help him join the DIKS, must cover up his idiotic antics, must help Maya (whom I don’t care about), must solve their family problems. What should Derek do? Nothing, he's busy buying lottery tickets and flying with a fire extinguisher.
People like different characters, and that's fine, but personally, I'll choose Zoey over Josy, Maya, and Derek in 10 out of 10 playthroughs.
even if she did it with good intention, the result is the same, the betrayal happens. and honestly, that was only so she could clear her own conscience. it's selfish. by that point, she could already feel deep down that she hurt him.
so your best friend stabs you in the back and says "here, i'll kill you because i feel like it, and i 200% believe it's for your own good, ok ? no need to thank me!", do you tell him it's ok and it's not a betrayal ? :D

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
View attachment 3508441
you should finish it then. in one of the endings, Liam demonstrates how much he is willing to do for the AL MC. honestly, Derek can't match that at this point in the story. but we can easily speculate that the bond between MC and Derek will grow as much as the one with Liam and AL MC. Liam is the template for Derek is more ways than none.

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
I remember one interaction that caught my attention because it sounded too stupid. It was the interaction between MC and Quinn at the Halloween. The one where he explains to Quinn he can't see her because "I got myself a relationship" Who the fuck says that? I speak Italian, French , and English..... not one time have I heard someone say that in either language. Any normal human would say " I can't see you anymore. I am seeing someone else." I started dating someone" I am dating _____" DPC has a lot of positives when it comes to game creation, but writing isn't one of them.

I have a feeling my DPC Retarded Storyline Hall Of Fame will get bigger as of the next episode.

At least DPC isn't anywhere near close to the writer of AOA Academy :
" I Don't know if my tits are big enough for your dick" wtf!?! Who compares tits to dicks?
" Can I kiss?" You're already sitting on his dick
"I need to take my panties off before I soil myself" I don't even know what to say.
I'm not sure how you recall it that way, it went like this:

Quinn: "So... Have you turned gay or what?"​
mc: "What?"​
Quinn: "You're usually a pervert around me and now you're not even looking at my tits."​
mc: "I want to, but..."​
mc: "I'm kind of seeing someone else, so..."​
Quinn: "Hold up... You got a relationship?"​
mc: "Yeah. Sage and I are dating; I guess you could say."​
Quinn: "Whatever."​

The mc said exactly what you suggested he should have said. It was Quinn's response that was, "Hold up... You got a relationship?". It would have sounded more natural if she said, "Hold up... You're in a relationship?" But I didn't think it was jarring or anything.

As much as I'm getting tired of the unnecessary shit that DPC keeps jamming into his game, and the excruciating time between updates, the one thing I like more than anything else is the writing. And by that I mean the dialogue (which is almost 100% of the writing in BaDIK, there is hardly any narrative). I find his dialogue flows well and it's a pleasure to read. I feel the characters come across individual and consistent (mostly). It never feels like I'm reading one man pretending to be many characters (like so many games here where the writers personality is obvious in all of the characters).

I'm able to play the game again and even though I know what's coming, reading the dialogue is still entertaining. The only thing that I found a little off putting at one point was the number of characters who finish their sentences with ", no?" Like a lot of them do it: mc, Heather, Jamie, Leon, Neil, Christian, Derek, Riona, Josy, Sage, Maya, Buddie, Madame Rose. I really started to notice it and it became annoying.

But a least none of them say "welp"! Was just playing Artemis and too many characters say "welp" (mc, Kindra, June, Reina, Katey, Paige). The same goes for Pale Carnations, we have the mc, Killian, Hana, Mina, and Veronica all saying it! I fucking hate that term, and for so many characters to be saying it...

When multiple characters start saying stupid shit like that, you know it's the writers persona bleeding into them... The only character in BaDIK that could say it would be Tybalt, because it would just make him more detestable.

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
I'm not sure how you recall it that way, it went like this:

Quinn: "So... Have you turned gay or what?"​
mc: "What?"​
Quinn: "You're usually a pervert around me and now you're not even looking at my tits."​
mc: "I want to, but..."​
mc: "I'm kind of seeing someone else, so..."​
Quinn: "Hold up... You got a relationship?"​
mc: "Yeah. Sage and I are dating; I guess you could say."​
Quinn: "Whatever."​

The mc said exactly what you suggested he should have said. It was Quinn's response that was, "Hold up... You got a relationship?". It would have sounded more natural if she said, "Hold up... You're in a relationship?" But I didn't think it was jarring or anything.

As much as I'm getting tired of the unnecessary shit that DPC keeps jamming into his game, and the excruciating time between updates, the one thing I like more than anything else is the writing. And by that I mean the dialogue (which is almost 100% of the writing in BaDIK, there is hardly any narrative). I find his dialogue flows well and it's a pleasure to read. I feel the characters come across individual and consistent (mostly). It never feels like I'm reading one man pretending to be many characters (like so many games here where the writers personality is obvious in all of the characters).

I'm able to play the game again and even though I know what's coming, reading the dialogue is still entertaining. The only thing that I found a little off putting at one point was the number of characters who finish their sentences with ", no?" Like a lot of them do it: mc, Heather, Jamie, Leon, Neil, Christian, Derek, Riona, Josy, Sage, Maya, Buddie, Madame Rose. I really started to notice it and it became annoying.

But a least none of them say "welp"! Was just playing Artemis and too many characters say "welp" (mc, Kindra, June, Reina, Katey, Paige). The same goes for Pale Carnations, we have the mc, Killian, Hana, Mina, and Veronica all saying it! I fucking hate that term, and for so many characters to be saying it...

When multiple characters start saying stupid shit like that, you know it's the writers persona bleeding into them... The only character in BaDIK that could say it would be Tybalt, because it would just make him more detestable.
I may have forgotten who said what, but I wasn't far off. "I got myself a relationship" or "You got a relationship" isn't to far off and, yet just as stupid as I recalled. Again, I never heard one person say something like that in the three languages I speak. No one speaks like that. "You're seeing someone?" "You're dating someone?" "You're in a relationship?" Sounds natural.

If you like the writing, more power to you. I love his comedic side, but he has too many retarded storylines and interactions for me to consider him a good writer.

I can't give my opinion on Artemis. I have yet to play it. If I have read "welp" every few seconds, I'd probably "welp" my monitor out the window.

Last edited:

TREXrg

Jun 26, 2022
i dislike derek too and i don't trust him but hopefully DPC will not go the AL route but i think he sets it up already

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
I've noticed that a ton of times too. They all end their sentences with ", no?" or ", huh?". While the latter one actually should be somewhat frequently used by different characters, DPC has somehow managed to make it overused as fuck in the game.

Reactions: shazba jnr
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes