Moni23

Aug 26, 2020
even if she did it with good intention, the result is the same, the betrayal happens. and honestly, that was only so she could clear her own conscience. it's selfish. by that point, she could already feel deep down that she hurt him.
so your best friend stabs you in the back and says "here, i'll kill you because i feel like it, and i 200% believe it's for your own good, ok ? no need to thank me!", do you tell him it's ok and it's not a betrayal ? :D
Of course, I'm not saying Zoey did the right thing. It was a mistake, but one made without malice. The question is whether you are ready to forgive her. Here everyone decides for himself.

Reactions: HiP1

noahsombrero

Aug 9, 2023
I remember one interaction that caught my attention because it sounded too stupid. It was the interaction between MC and Quinn at the Halloween. The one where he explains to Quinn he can't see her because "I got myself a relationship" Who the fuck says that? I speak Italian, French , and English..... not one time have I heard someone say that in either language. Any normal human would say " I can't see you anymore. I am seeing someone else." I started dating someone" I am dating _____" DPC has a lot of positives when it comes to game creation, but writing isn't one of them.

I have a feeling my DPC Retarded Storyline Hall Of Fame will get bigger as of the next episode.

At least DPC isn't anywhere near close to the writer of AOA Academy :
" I Don't know if my tits are big enough for your dick" wtf!?! Who compares tits to dicks?
" Can I kiss?" You're already sitting on his dick
"I need to take my panties off before I soil myself" I don't even know what to say.
If you speak several languages, you know how it goes with usages and idioms. A normal French usage can sound very odd in Italian if translated directly. There is no doubt that Swedish has its peculiarities too.

Follol

Jan 15, 2023
I remember one interaction that caught my attention because it sounded too stupid. It was the interaction between MC and Quinn at the Halloween. The one where he explains to Quinn he can't see her because "I got myself a relationship" Who the fuck says that? I speak Italian, French , and English..... not one time have I heard someone say that in either language. Any normal human would say " I can't see you anymore. I am seeing someone else." I started dating someone" I am dating _____" DPC has a lot of positives when it comes to game creation, but writing isn't one of them.

I have a feeling my DPC Retarded Storyline Hall Of Fame will get bigger as of the next episode.

At least DPC isn't anywhere near close to the writer of AOA Academy :
" I Don't know if my tits are big enough for your dick" wtf!?! Who compares tits to dicks?
" Can I kiss?" You're already sitting on his dick
"I need to take my panties off before I soil myself" I don't even know what to say.
"The alphas are being eye-servants..."

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Maybe my personality differs to much but I don't fully agree but I do get your point. If someone like Zoey came back into my life I would personally be ecstatic as long as she doesn't try to cause any break ups. I personally think it's a bit harsh to write her off and out of your life , if she really is as good as a friend as the MC makes her out to be. I know her ghosting the MC is a shitty thing to do but to cut her out when she returns to me is a bit harsh for someone the MC considered a good friend at least without an explanation. If I was okay with her explanation I would at least trying to go back to being good friends if she was someone I considered a best friend in the past.

Even tho what Zoey did is worst, I don't think the MC is blameless either in the situation. Yeah sure Zoey might be uncomfortable when it comes to her feelings. But the MC didn't fight for her as far as I can recall or tell her his true feeling her being uncomfortable be dammed if she was going to leave. That's why I said it be totally different if they were actually a couple , then yeah fuck her if that was the case.
Our personalities are not too different. I was just suggesting to put yourself in the situation. Personally, I have no problem with Zoey and the MC remaining Friends. I just wanted to clarify so it's not Zoey's decision whether they can be Friends or not. Zoey has lost the right to decide because of her actions.

That's not quite right. In EP9, Maya asked the MC what words the MC and Zoey never exchanged. It wasn't the words "I love you", but the words "Girlfriend" and "Boyfriend".

In Interlude we learn so the MC said to Zoey so he loves her, but Zoey just laughed. You can read that and that's the point. You can argue about whether or not you can say "I love you" during sex, but the fact is, so Zoey knew the MC loved her. Her reaction to this prevented the MC from bringing up the subject to her again and Zoey doesn't like to talk about feelings and didn't bring it up again. This is the reason why the MC said to Maya in EP2 that he doesn't know what love is, why he said to Isabella in EP3 that he had the feeling that he had lost more than his best friend at the time of their parting.

Zoey's reaction to the 3 words scarred and mentally crippled the MC. It is only through his LI that the MC learns what love is.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Dude, you don't use the word "so" correctly. It means "consequently". You meant "that" in all those occurrences.

Now, you're reading way way too much into things. It's more like all you do is watching movies and you only see all those connections... Do you think the movie Troy is the first production to reference ancient greek clothes ?? There are billions of movies, series, books, paintings that depict those.

And what you said about Braveheart simply doesn't make any sense at all... You seriously think throat cutting alone is a reference to another work ?? Okay so there's a connection with the Chinese communist revolution too

The matrix one isn't even intelligible...

I think you're very young and unfamiliar with what is called *tropes* in cinema and tv production. Some kind of archetypes, like the Ice Queen for instance are templates that have been used and reused in many artworks for decades and decades, even centuries for some. Look into it.
No, I'm no longer young, but I'd like to be again. Who wouldn't?

You didn't understand what I was getting at. It's about inspiration. That's not a bad thing and it happens to everyone in this world. Inspiration is usually a source or trigger for a thought, action or other development within us. DPC was inspired by the college movies of the 80s. That's okay too.

You're right, of course, so it's not just the movie "Troy". I cited the movie because it should make it easiest to understand what I was getting at. Greek mythology. We have a Troy, a Spartan, Elena brings the demigod into play, Sally has more or less an original Greek costume on, Neil says it's a Greek thing, Josy says to the MC so he lives up to his costume etc.... The point is not for DPC to want to portray the epics of Homer 1 to 1 into a modern day version, but I imagine so that the "tropes" contained therein, could have served as inspiration. By that I actually mean what Homer's epics reflect, such as heroism and altruism.

I meant the same thing with the Matrix from the movie "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen". The main character is told by the "Primes" that you have to earn the matrix of leadership. It refers more to "leadership" and the Matrix is the symbol of leadership. Think about this. With heroism and altruism, the MC earns his leadership with the DIKs.

The same goes for the movie "Braveheart". What is the core message of the movie? Love and freedom. It was only through love that William Wallace was able to do what he did. EP10 makes this really clear on the JM Branch. Elena says to Josy to give her more power. What power? Have the MC go to Josy in EP10 and Josy suggests to the MC that he should do everything necessary for Maya, the MC remembers this and acts accordingly and out of love. If you play well, then everyone in Auto sings "Set us free". The "tropes" of love and freedom, through the MC's "Brave Heart". Mr. Wallace to Stephen Burke. You have to get your hands dirty sometimes.

Yes, these are "tropes", I know that myself. I don't know if DPC has seen such literature or movies, but I think DPC uses those tropes. Maybe not from the movies listed in the post you're responding to. For me, I only recognized the "tropes" that DPC uses in BaDIK in those movies.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkwen

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
...In Interlude we learn so the MC said to Zoey so he loves her, but Zoey just laughed. You can read that and that's the point. You can argue about whether or not you can say "I love you" during sex, but the fact is, so Zoey knew the MC loved her. Her reaction to this prevented the MC from bringing up the subject to her again and Zoey doesn't like to talk about feelings and didn't bring it up again. This is the reason why the MC said to Maya in EP2 that he doesn't know what love is, why he said to Isabella in EP3 that he had the feeling that he had lost more than his best friend at the time of their parting.

Zoey's reaction to the 3 words scarred and mentally crippled the MC. It is only through his LI that the MC learns what love is...
When in the Interlude did the mc tell Zoey he loved her? Are you talking about this exchange:

Zoey: "Now, where's my moan?"​
mc: "*Moan*"​
Zoey: "Haha, ok, you don't have to moan."​
mc: "Hey, I'm trying here."​
Zoey: "I know you are, baby. How about if you talk dirty to me instead?"​
mc: "Um..."​
Zoey: "What's wrong?"​
mc: "Nothing."​
Zoey: "It's not about last time, is it?"​
mc: "You laughed at me; that leaves scars."​
Zoey: "I didn't laugh at you. It just took me by surprise."​
Zoey: "I think it's so hot that you finally say what you like in bed. That's what a girl wants to hear, you know?"​
Zoey: "We want you to tell us what you like and take charge."​
mc: "It's just embarrassing."​
Zoey: "Embarrassing? We're both completely nude. And look at yourself. You don't have anything to be embarrassed about."​
Zoey: "I swear you could rule the world with this thing if you just grew some bigger balls to go with it."​
mc: "Haha! Ok, I'll try to do better."​
Zoey: "You're always doing great; just talk more to me."​

Because it's all in the context of her wanting him to be more assertive during sex. Straight after she said he took her by surprise, she follows up with that she thinks it's hot that he's finally saying what he likes during sex.

He never said "I love you" in that context.

On a side note, it's good to see the mc's dirty talk has evolved since back then.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

HTC211

Nov 22, 2021
In Interlude we learn so the MC said to Zoey so he loves her, but Zoey just laughed.
Although it was obvious to me long before Interlude was released, I don't remember such a scene. Can you remind me this? Any screenshots?

UrFriend

Aug 30, 2022
Nah the best one was was when Jill caught him with the watermelon as if I recall didn't Jill kick him in the balls?
When the music suddenly stopped and there was just absolute silence. Funniest moment in the game so far in my opinion.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
You forgot an important point. When Zoey decided to stop communicating, she thought it would be better for the MC. Of course, this is stupidity, but something else is important. Zoey believed she was doing what was best and made a mistake. She did not betray the MC.
The MC is partially responsible for their breakup. He didn’t fight for her, didn’t say anything at the station and didn’t try to reconnect. If my girlfriend stopped communicating with me for no apparent reason, I would at least find her and ask her why. The MC didn't need it. I would say that in this whole situation there is 70% Zoye’s fault and 30% the MC fault.
I always considered Derek to be a bad friend, someone I would never hang out with in real life. First of all, he's an idiot. I think there is no need to explain why I think so. Secondly, he cannot be trusted with any secrets.
I remember their first conversation. "Dude, why don't you beat that guy up? Then we'll get accepted into DIKS together!" And that's what Derek is all about. Throughout the game, the presenter constantly owes him. Must help him join the DIKS, must cover up his idiotic antics, must help Maya (whom I don’t care about), must solve their family problems. What should Derek do? Nothing, he's busy buying lottery tickets and flying with a fire extinguisher.
People like different characters, and that's fine, but personally, I'll choose Zoey over Josy, Maya, and Derek in 10 out of 10 playthroughs.
I didn't write that Zoey betrayed the MC. But now that I think about it, she actually did in a way. Was it stupid to listen to Bret? Absolutely. The betrayal is actually that she has known the MC for years and knows how he is emotionally. She's ignoring years of experience with the MC, who is her best friend, for advice from a guy she just met. In a way, that's a betrayal of friendship. But that's a subjective way of looking at it on my part.

The MC is not partly responsible for the breakup. To one he told Zoey to love her, only Zoey reacted shit to it. This left the MC confused and subsequently not knowing what love is. In EP10, the MC himself says to Zoey that he later realized what he had, because before he thought it was just the best friendship + sex. Zoey's reaction in the past is to blame for that. He did what a best friend should do. He let her go to San Diego so she could realize her dream.

Furthermore, we read so Zoey stopped responding to messages from the MC. The MC kept messaging Zoey and Zoey actively chose not to reply to the MC, her supposed best friend. The MC fought and wanted to maintain the friendship with Zoey at this distance. It doesn't matter what Zoey's motive was, you don't do that with your best friend. With that in mind, it's no wonder the MC said to Derek in EP9 that it felt like she threw him away. It's Zoey's fault because she's actually known the MC for years and knows how emotional he is.

Zoey runs away when things get tough, but Derek stays and helps. Neither of them are perfect. But I prefer friends who are loyal to the MC, even when things get tough. That's what makes a friendship in my eye.

Reactions: dav3knight

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
When in the Interlude did the mc tell Zoey he loved her? Are you talking about this exchange:

Zoey: "Now, where's my moan?"​
mc: "*Moan*"​
Zoey: "Haha, ok, you don't have to moan."​
mc: "Hey, I'm trying here."​
Zoey: "I know you are, baby. How about if you talk dirty to me instead?"​
mc: "Um..."​
Zoey: "What's wrong?"​
mc: "Nothing."​
Zoey: "It's not about last time, is it?"​
mc: "You laughed at me; that leaves scars."​
Zoey: "I didn't laugh at you. It just took me by surprise."​
Zoey: "I think it's so hot that you finally say what you like in bed. That's what a girl wants to hear, you know?"​
Zoey: "We want you to tell us what you like and take charge."​
mc: "It's just embarrassing."​
Zoey: "Embarrassing? We're both completely nude. And look at yourself. You don't have anything to be embarrassed about."​
Zoey: "I swear you could rule the world with this thing if you just grew some bigger balls to go with it."​
mc: "Haha! Ok, I'll try to do better."​
Zoey: "You're always doing great; just talk more to me."​

Because it's all in the context of her wanting him to be more assertive during sex. Straight after she said he took her by surprise, she follows up with that she thinks it's hot that he's finally saying what he likes during sex.

He never said "I love you" in that context.

On a side note, it's good to see the mc's dirty talk has evolved since back then.

Three words. The MC says "I love you" and Zoey laughs. But Zoey apologizes in her notebook for hurting the MC's feelings. Zoey wanted to hear the MC say the dirty words "Ride me, Zoey!".

MC: "We were never official. I mean... We did things that you do as a couple, I guess. But we never said the words."
Maya: "The "I love you" words?" (That's Maya's question)
MC: "No, the girlfriend, boyfriend words." (No is the MC's answer to Maya's question. Ergo, the words "I love you" were said. Girlfriend and boyfriend is just the explanation of which words were not said.

But this note from Zoey will stay with her for the rest of her life.
"I will always remeber this Night"
Zoey made her biggest mistake that one night because she didn't take those words "I love you" from the MC seriously. Zoey's first memory of that night is during and after the conversation with the MC at the DIK BBQ. She realized that she should have taken those words seriously that particular night.

Last edited:
Reactions: dav3knight

shazba jnr

Feb 3, 2024
Three words. The MC says "I love you" and Zoey laughs. But Zoey apologizes in her notebook for hurting the MC's feelings. Zoey wanted to hear the MC say the dirty words "Ride me, Zoey!".

MC: "We were never official. I mean... We did things that you do as a couple, I guess. But we never said the words."
Maya: "The "I love you" words?" (That's Maya's question)
MC: "No, the girlfriend, boyfriend words." (No is the MC's answer to Maya's question. Ergo, the words "I love you" were said. Girlfriend and boyfriend is just the explanation of which words were not said.

View attachment 3509179
"Those three words" are what are in the balloon. She was coaxing the mc to be more assertive during sex and he said, "Ride me Zoey!" It was so out of character for him she laughed her head off. But she was sorry, so the next time she promises to ride him. He never said "I love you"...

Reactions: HiP1 and FRVN

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
"Those three words" are what are in the balloon. She was coaxing the mc to be more assertive during sex and he said, "Ride me Zoey!" It was so out of character for him she laughed her head off. But she was sorry, so the next time she promises to ride him. He never said "I love you"...
Wrong. You forget the heart (I love you) that Zoey heard from the MC and what is painted next to the words of what Zoey wanted to hear. :rolleyes:

HTC211

Nov 22, 2021
My mix of a Celtic name and a Slavic soul has landed me in difficult discussions more than once here, on Reddit and Discord. And the reason was that in my culture not everything has to be said out loud, written down or have a witness in the form of a lawyer to be obvious.

The fact that MC loved Zoey is known from EP3 when he was talking to Bella.
Then this is confirmed in the way he talks about her, and in a conversation with Jamie (EP8), all doubts are dispelled when he uses the word girlfriend (ex-girlfriend to be precise).

Blaming Zoey for losing contact while she was in San Diego is also quite a stretch. This is not how friends communicate, where only one calls or writes to the other. MC was also obliged to maintain contacts with Zoey, but the depression after the breakup overwhelmed him and then, as he usually does: he told himself the rest when he saw the photo from the beach.

Zoey finally realizes that MC is more than just a friend to her, but after her return and the scene in the park (EP9), what matters most to her is that MC still wants to be friends with her.
These are difficult moments when you meet someone so close to you after a long time.
So much has happened and you have so many stories to tell, but they all seem unworthy of mention at this point. So the scene is tense and they are both far from comfortable.

Does Zoey love MC? Or does Zoey want to be loved by MC?

Her reaction during the picnic and her escape from it are ambiguous.
Maybe she was overwhelmed by MC's confession (finally!) or she was angry that MC was deciding whether or not Jacob could try a relationship with Zoey

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes