Aug 29, 2023
Have you ever thought that her path is utter crap and that the game would have benefitted from her NOT being a main LI? that DrPinkCake made a Bella path just because the game must had a milf as a main girl?
You mean cougar; it’s not yet established that Isabella was a mother, and therefore a MILF. Jade and Nicole are definitely MILFs.

But since it’s a game set in a college, DPC is going for the usual sexy college archetypes: The preppy girl (Jill), the student-leadership girl (Sage), the studious introvert (Maya), the friendly party girl (Josy), the hot librarian (Isabella), the criminal (Quinn), the worldly girl (Lily), the metalhead skater (Zoey), the goth-lite girl (Riona), the angry nerd (Sally), the horny teachers, and the strippers with hearts of gold. (He forgot the athletes, which is who I dated in college, but he may not know how to write em. Look at how all the jocks but Anthony are angry meatheads. I’m guessing he didn’t have many jock friends in school.) Bella’s just a type. But any of the other types could be made a main LI.

And arguably all of the main LI paths are horseshit. God knows how much has been shouted about Maya’s tuition troubles. (I do think she’s a very realistic portrayal of depression though.) I have my beefs about Sage’s ridiculously misplaced trust in Chad, Quinn, Stephen, Sarah and Mel—more than half the people in her life. (My girl, who’s a redhead herself, really hates the angry-redhead stereotype foisted on her.) I also think Josy’s seriously underwritten, Jill is unrealistically naive, all the mystery around Bella would probably be cleared up in a 15-minute conversation, and Derek is not a good person.

The side girls are a bit better, but maybe that’s because their stories are simpler. Riona was intriguing till she pulled that immature flirting-with-the-bros crap in episode 10 which made me entirely lose interest in her. Quinn… nah, I like where Quinn’s story is going. And Lily’s, Nicole’s, Jade’s, Cathy’s, and Zoey’s. Of course, put more weight on them and they might collapse like a card table.

Looking.jpg

Complaints aside, it’s still better than most of the AVNs out there.

Aug 29, 2023
the only thing that extends developement cycles and the time is the growing arcs of decisions.

The Minigames are relativelky easy made, since they are straigfht forward and really not much of a challenge to make , I guess, they are maybe even pre made in some way and custiomizable.

Branching out on Stories and decisions and trying toi keep track of everything , and keep spelling of code and dialogues in shape, is the hard part. Then of course there are the renders and pictures, I noticed, that in Season 3 was a noticeable graphical upgrade to video scenes and image quality.

And I really like the minigames, doesnt matter how often I play this game from a new start.
As I said , especially the jill route, remembers me on my time back then.
How much experience have you had with coding? The minigames are most definitely the biggest challenge to make. Dr. PinkCake has to come up with the idea for the game (or adapt an existing idea to the Being a DIK theme), write the Python code from scratch, and test it till he’s certain there are no bugs.

Writing the story, with all the branches? Also hard, but nowhere near the same mental challenge. Proofreading is easy, compared to bug-hunting.

Reactions: HiP1
Aug 29, 2023
I agreed right up until this moment. Derek was a dick to Penny, but other than that he's good friend, why do you think he is a bad person?
Derek is a dick to every woman unless he wants to fuck her. He’s sexist as hell, yet somehow thinks he’s progressive. His T-shirts basically shout “Asshole” to everyone in the women’s studies class.

Exceptions are obviously made to his mom and sister, and you’d think that exception would extend to Josy as his sister’s girlfriend, but no; he’s a dick to Josy too. (The “JoJo filter” is an obvious example.)

He’s a loyal friend to the MC… well, unless he’s cockblocking him with Maya, sometimes for good reason, sometimes not. But let’s not let his loyalty blind us to the fact of how shitty he is to half the population of the world.

Murgus

May 17, 2018
How much experience have you had with coding? The minigames are most definitely the biggest challenge to make. Dr. PinkCake has to come up with the idea for the game (or adapt an existing idea to the Being a DIK theme), write the Python code from scratch, and test it till he’s certain there are no bugs.

Writing the story, with all the branches? Also hard, but nowhere near the same mental challenge. Proofreading is easy, compared to bug-hunting.
I'm a software engineer. I could code those minigames relatively easily and there are plenty of testing frameworks that are straightforward to use, e.g. pytest. To make it properly it might take some time but it's not that mentally challenging.

But writing the story, characters, dialogue and especially creating models and renders. That would be very challenging, at least to me.

ChipLecsap

Forum Fanatic
Aug 4, 2019
last time I played the mansion mini game I do believe I earn the diks $55 proud Mary :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::p
so you don't have enough money to buy the window?!:p:ROFLMAO: , if I remember right it was $65 :whistle::ROFLMAO::coffee:

anyway, it's kind the suck that all that extra money in the end did not matter at all, if I knew it would not matter I would have not focused too much on gaining them.
god I'm so happy the mansion mini game is over:ROFLMAO:

Darkwen

Engaged Member
Nov 10, 2020
so you don't have enough money to buy the window?!:p:ROFLMAO: , if I remember right it was $65 :whistle::ROFLMAO::coffee:

anyway, it's kind the suck that all that extra money in the end did not matter at all, if I knew it would not matter I would have not focused too much on gaining them.
god I'm so happy the mansion mini game is over:ROFLMAO:
After buying the window do try to keep up :ROFLMAO:, it is odd that so far the money earned hasn't matter there isn't a point in keeping track of it if it wasn't going to mean anything, it would had been cool if the amount earned determined what you can do for parties then DPC could really fuck those that don't play them he such a LMMF :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 29, 2023
Dude was adopted. As hard as he might ever try, he has never been, and will never get, in there.
For all Jade’s “mommy” talk I’m entirely sure she doesn’t want to fuck her son.

Now, once it finally gets out Tybalt’s biological mom is Madame Rose, that’s gonna create one hell of a kerfuffle.

Reactions: Lightaces

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
The minigames are most definitely the biggest challenge to make. Dr. PinkCake has to come up with the idea for the game (or adapt an existing idea to the Being a DIK theme), write the Python code from scratch, and test it till he’s certain there are no bugs.
That's right, but no one asked for it. Sure, I really like the mansion game and the party planner. But let's be honest, the games are in there to increase the play time. The mini games are way over the point of annoyment right now. I don't like to play AVN with mods and cheating, but DPC managed to make me use URM when playing his game. I fail the class games and set the variables to "perfect", because I would win them anyway. It just spares me time for the very same outcome. When it comes to mansion game and party planner I play them serious without cheating, but the rest... fuck it. All my hate for english, math, brawler, beer pong.

Little Penguin

Nov 15, 2023
That's right, but no one asked for it. Sure, I really like the mansion game and the party planner. But let's be honest, the games are in there to increase the play time. The mini games are way over the point of annoyment right now. I don't like to play AVN with mods and cheating, but DPC managed to make me use URM when playing his game. I fail the class games and set the variables to "perfect", because I would win them anyway. It just spares me time for the very same outcome. When it comes to mansion game and party planner I play them serious without cheating, but the rest... fuck it. All my hate for english, math, brawler, beer pong.
Something similar happens to me, I enjoy the party planning games and the one about restoring the mansion (which are not difficult for me but I enjoy them), however the exams tests or games of moving the mouse without getting out of line... Well, better cheating than playing a boring game that I can complete without problems and does not challenge me.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Quinn and Lily are not exclusive yet, I played Quinn route as my blind playthrough this update and chose to roll with Lily, outisde of some interactions in the morning at Nicole, none important, everything plays just the same, with the added benefit of seeing Quinn be jelous every time Lily would throw herself at Fuckface. The HOTS, or Vixens ending just 2, or 3 lines of dialogue different, I think Mel winks at you if you slept at the HOTS, lol.

Its more Nicole vs Quinn the Other variations. Which reminds me this episode sucked in terms of branches and acknowledging past choices.

• The difference between dating Bella, or not dating Bella on my Jill saves was literally just 1 render in Yoga where Bella looks back at you and Jill.

If you dated Jill but picked Bella the only difference is Jill smiling at Bella for helping them in the Avengers Assemble Part 1 in the library.

• Bianca fucking ignores your existence on every route, including Jill's unless you told her the truth about Matthew cheating on her, lol.

Idk, maybe its just me, maybe I should commend the Doctor for trying 'to reel the routes in' but to me this was the least rewarding episode in terms of acknowledging and respecting my choices. Don't even get me started on Quinn's route where being a pathetic guilt tripping simp is the only way to play her route, no choice in how to react, or push her path. You get made a fool early, you can tell her you are out, if she keeps trying to keep you in the dark of her deals and by the end of it you still turn into Naruto and swear to bring her back to the village. :Kappa:

Anyways, the only route I have left is finishing Nicole's, but still not feel like replaying.
A doubt occurred to me, but if we leave Bella in favour of Jill, the latter knows nothing about it, why should she react differently?

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
A doubt occurred to me, but if we leave Bella in favour of Jill, the latter knows nothing about it, why should she react differently?
Yeah, but I didn't say anything about that case, I just mentioned what changes in ep10 if Jill sees you on the dinner table and picking Bella, or how Bella reacts if you pick Jill.

4.80 star(s) 1,500 Votes