Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
The last three(?) episodes have had multiple Madame "scenes", all of which if examined are a maybe 20-30 second looping animation while having good substantive content for everyone else.

So really don't get your IMO bizarre pessimism over having maybe a minute of animation left to do when it's the area people were worried would drag the next episode out for months.
ah didn't get they were quick animations. I thought they were normal length animations, I thought you saying be quick scenes was more reference to the background / environment is already done. Then if it's a few 30 second looping then I do see your point. I actually skipped her content just ctrl skipped through it for the gallery so I forget the length of them.

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
The last three(?) episodes have had multiple Madame "scenes", all of which if examined are a maybe 20-30 second looping animation while having good substantive content for everyone else.

So really don't get your IMO bizarre pessimism over having maybe a minute of animation left to do when it's the area people were worried would drag the next episode out for months.
False, the interlude & EP 9 had no Madame scenes.

Also, as much as I despise them, the 3 Madame scenes in EP 10 were extremely short, less than 60s of animation in all of them (all 30fps).

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
ah didn't get they were quick animations. I thought they were normal length animations, I thought you saying be quick scenes was more reference to the background / environment is already done. Then if it's a few 30 second looping then I do see your point. I actually skipped her content just ctrl skipped through it for the gallery so I forget the length of them.
Yeah, the Madame stuff is likely substantially faster to do than pretty much every other piece of content given it's nearly 100% asset re-use, barely any writing, and is just a new very short animation that loops.

Reactions: KaiserST

jd8097619

Aug 27, 2019
False, the interlude & EP 9 had no Madame scenes.

Also, as much as I despise them, the 3 Madame scenes in EP 10 were extremely short, less than 60s of animation in all of them (all 30fps).
Ah ok. I wasn't counting Interlude anyway (and is by far the biggest waste of time in the entire history of BaDIK). Either way though, yeah I really don't get the amount of hatred the Madame scenes get when they probably take a day or two at most to do.

Reactions: KaiserST

Hahn1900

Formerly 'Hahn81'
Jan 3, 2021
In terms of spoiling... its even a spoiler in DPCs mind if we can see what weather it is outside.

There is this Episode 11 picture with snow all over the place... but its obvious not a ingame scene, just a teaser for the episode to come.

But we dont know WHEN there will be snow, it very well could be at the very end. Or throughout the whole episode, that might be a thing DPC doesnt want us to see yet.

So he has to choose a render where there is nothing to see of the outside and the clothes dont give away a thing either. That is already not an easy task.

Renders out of a partylocation isnt possible either... we would see in an instant that its about a party and where. And so on and on. Sure we wouldnt really care for a little spoiler like this, but DPC does. But what should i say... we all know too that DPC has a really weird mind anyways.

Back to the topic at hand. The DEV report...

over 2000 render done and working heavy at the animation queue. That is a good sign. 2000 renders arent that much at this time... but he can put out that number in 1 month if he wants to. He concentrated very much on holding up the animation queue which is key for a faster release than the last 2 episodes and he realized that. Lets say he is aiming for about 5000 renders again, that could be done in june. Of course he cant focus solely on static renders... writing takes way more time, but its a task he can check off very fast if everything else is out of the way. That he was able to make 2000 static renders already which is a task that is not very high in the priority list (1. animations 2. writing 3. coding and than we might have static renders) shows us that everything else runs pretty good.

It doesnt really help to predict a release date... but at least it shows us that its not gonna be the same like the last episode where he was doing a lot of animations in the last 2 months of development and everythign else was done already. I remember a DEV report out of october last year where he told us he is more or less done with development and just waiting now for 80 animations to be rendered... and everybody with a big sigh in this thread: "oh god 10 weeks just waiting on pointless animations to see something spinning or walking"
It seems that he will not make this mistake again.

Iam still on the November-December train though... but it could very well be earlier.

Mar 18, 2019
Even with over 2000 renders produced, it's tricky to post previews because I don't want to spoil what I've been working hard on
He's the Dev so his rules but I suspect you can go back through any episode and pick a shit load of renders that look great and give away F all regarding spoilers.

4.80 star(s) 1,503 Votes