Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I agree with this, and it doesn't even necessarily conflict with my own observation 2 posts before it.

With DIK decisions representing impulsive, reckless, emotionally unregulated, etc choices, it's really not surprising if some of them come back and bite you in the ass, even if not all of them have consequences. At the same time, a little impulsiveness in the form of romantic spontaneity can be a good thing for certain romantic partners, so long as you remain aware of where you should reel things back.

I will say that since the game is only partially complete, we can't really say for sure that Maya/Josy or even Isabella don't care about how far DIK you go after starting with them. I pretty much guarantee that all the main LI paths will face some relationship crisis (or more than one) before the game ends, and it might turn out that if you're too much of a DIK, they break things off. Structurally speaking, it wouldn't surprise me if we have something coming up in Episode 11, since it would set up Episode 12 for a resolution of a crisis before end of this Season arc, and it would serve as a good first "test" of our relationship since committing to exclusivity a few Episodes before.
Immature, impulsive, daring, but in many ways more fun decisions. The DIK character is simply more fun to play. Even the dialogue is different and positions Tremolo as a more decisive and assertive guy. I would compare DIK and Chick to Dean and Sam Winchester or Tony Stark/Steve Rogers. Both are positive characters, but they have different personalities.

And here the main thing is to learn to understand which DIK solutions are safe and just for fun, and which ones can be a problem, I agree. In my "golden canon" run with Sage, in addition to the above, I avoid Quinn's restaurant and choose a nursing home. But I always fight with alphas, Tommy gets paid for being an asshole, smoke weed with Quinn, get revenge on a nerd (paybacks are fun), go full party in Pink Rose, that is, get the maximum college experience without serious consequences. I also try to avoid mushrooms on LIs routes, leaving them for Others.
I see that crises with LIs will depend not on the MCs affinity points, but on the mines that DPC has laid for each route. Jade drama with Sage, imbalance of attention in Throuple, where you devote more time to one of the girls or even provoke to ignore the other partner, hinting at Maya or Josy to go solo. Create a Jill/Bella love triangle, as well as the most fresh innovation - cheating points if your MC can't keep his dick in his pants. And we also have Zoey. Overall, it looks like it'll be fun.

Reactions: Rehwyn

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
Oh I went after everyone that was possible (so everyone but Quinn pretty much), so just had to dump Bella, Sage, Jill and all the others...
Bella I'll miss... the others eh, and besides what happens later, sort of sad about Rio and her OCD :D
Hah, I have a run like that too, but decided on my M+J run to play MC more as the "interested in something long-term" guy, so didn't do much casual stuff or playing around, especially after starting things with them in Episode 4.

Reactions: Ricthequick

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
Immature, impulsive, daring, but in many ways more fun decisions. The DIK character is simply more fun to play. Even the dialogue is different and positions Tremolo as a more decisive and assertive guy. I would compare DIK and Chick to Dean and Sam Winchester or Tony Stark/Steve Rogers. Both are positive characters, but they have different personalities.

And here the main thing is to learn to understand which DIK solutions are safe and just for fun, and which ones can be a problem, I agree. In my "golden canon" run with Sage, in addition to the above, I avoid Quinn's restaurant and choose a nursing home. But I always fight with alphas, Tommy gets paid for being an asshole, smoke weed with Quinn, get revenge on a nerd (paybacks are fun), go full party in Pink Rose, that is, get the maximum college experience without serious consequences. I also try to avoid mushrooms on LIs routes, leaving them for Others.
I see that crises with LIs will depend not on the MCs affinity points, but on the mines that DPC has laid for each route. Jade drama with Sage, imbalance of attention in Throuple, where you devote more time to one of the girls or even provoke to ignore the other partner, hinting at Maya or Josy to go solo. Create a Jill/Bella love triangle, as well as the most fresh innovation - cheating points if your MC can't keep his dick in his pants. And we also have Zoey. Overall, it looks like it'll be fun.
Overall I still think (and I'm being picky I know) being all on DIK could have been handled a bit better, in example no matter what this is what happens
poorMC.jpg

And if you have been "DIKing" everyone on the face of earth, makes relatively no sense.

Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
to play MC more as the "interested in something long-term" guy, so didn't do much casual stuff or playing around, especially after starting things with them in Episode 4.
Yeah those are my main saves I don't like playing the field in these games at least once I decided on a LI so I typically make a save for every LI now days that I like haven't played a manslut save in months in any AVN. Which is also why I dislike Sage's FWB path I will only get with Sage come Chapter 7 at the Hot's party and not have sex with anyone else on my Sage saves.

I do still need to do others branch and Bella for Season 3. I got to burnt out when the last update dropped redoing all my saves and haven't went back yet. Not even sure if I will play Bella's path till the end of the Season to be honest I found her path a chore to get past as it was to awkward for me

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Overall I still think (and I'm being picky I know) being all on DIK could have been handled a bit better, in example no matter what this is what happens
View attachment 3809287

And if you have been "DIKing" everyone on the face of earth, makes relatively no sense.
It was weird for me too. This "fixed point in time" is not what I expected. I expected DIK to be more confident. But of course, you can come up with an excuse that “For MC she is a very important person (that’s right, the most important after his father) and he couldn't contain his emotions, that all his DIK-insolence as a facade disappeared at this moment and we can all get our weak ones moments, even the coolest of us"
This is understandable. DPC wanted to show Tremolo's emotional closeness to Zoey, as he didn't do much of that in Interlude, spending most of his screen time on the California tattoo parlor junkies instead of focusing on Zoey/MC relationship.
But I would have preferred the variability in this moment, which many others have, but that's just me.

Reactions: KaiserST

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024

Generally agree with this as well. My first playthrough I went with a mix of DIK and CHICK major choices as well, but I've also made some with almost (if not entirely) full CHICK Major decisions.

For the anticipated relationship crises, I agree there will be other factors like those you mentioned as well. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a combo of both major affinity choices and other "mines" that affect outcomes though.

It also wouldn't surprise me if some of the DIK major choices that don't yet have consequences end up having them in the future. For example, if you smoke weed and have sex with Quinn, there's currently no consequences on the MJ throuple, but if they ever learned of that, I could easily see Maya in particular being very unhappy with you (especially if you had warned her to stay away from Quinn and then go fuck her). It also won't surprise me if something happens in the future where you need to at least temporarily ally with the alphas for a positive resolution, and that might become harder or impossible if you've fought them at every opportunity. Same with the preps and nerds. Remember how many episodes it took before we learned the consequences of even just getting a handjob from Jade?

Long story short, I fully expect some of the major decisions in more recent episodes not to explode in our face for a while, even if they seem "safe" for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geralt From Rivia

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Generally agree with this as well. My first playthrough I went with a mix of DIK and CHICK major choices as well, but I've also made some with almost (if not entirely) full CHICK Major decisions.

For the anticipated relationship crises, I agree there will be other factors like those you mentioned as well. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a combo of both major affinity choices and other "mines" that affect outcomes though.

It also wouldn't surprise me if some of the DIK major choices that don't yet have consequences end up having them in the future. For example, if you smoke weed and have sex with Quinn, there's currently no consequences on the MJ throuple, but if they ever learned of that, I could easily see Maya in particular being very unhappy with you (especially if you had warned her to stay away from Quinn and then go fuck her). It also won't surprise me if something happens in the future where you need to at least temporarily ally with the alphas for a positive resolution, and that might become harder or impossible if you've fought them at every opportunity. Same with the preps. Remember how many episodes it took before we learned the consequences of even just getting a handjob from Jade?

Long story short, I fully expect some of the major decisions in more recent episodes not to explode in our face for a while, even if they seem "safe" for now.
I remember Acting Lessons, the consequences came in Endgame, think so that in BaDIK the main storm is also reserved for Season 4.
But waiting for Jade drama in Ep.11, in one runs on mine Stephen will take 90% of the goods in divorce case thanks to MC. :KEK:

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
It was weird for me too. This "fixed point in time" is not what I expected. I expected DIK to be more confident. But of course, you can come up with an excuse that “For MC she is a very important person (that’s right, the most important after his father) and he couldn't contain his emotions, that all his DIK-insolence as a facade disappeared at this moment and we can all get our weak ones moments, even the coolest of us"
This is understandable. DPC wanted to show Tremolo's emotional closeness to Zoey, as he didn't do much of that in Interlude, spending most of his screen time on the California tattoo parlor junkies instead of focusing on Zoey/MC relationship.
But I would have preferred the variability in this moment, which many others have, but that's just me.
Yep totally, not saying it doesn't work, it actually works for most of the paths, it beocmes a bit weird when you went down on every single LI, Quinn's restaurant, MILF professor and so on...

Me being me, in every single run I gave her the cold shoulder (as much as possible) and then told Jacob NOT to proceed with her, you know... just to mess her up a bit. :devilish:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Yep totally, not saying it doesn't work, it actually works for most of the paths, it beocmes a bit weird when you went down on every single LI, Quinn's restaurant, MILF professor and so on...

Me being me, in every single run I gave her the cold shoulder (as much as possible) and then told Jacob NOT to proceed with her, you know... just to mess her up a bit. :devilish:
That's cruel, and you have the balls to tell that to a dude with Zoey profile pic, but...you do you, it's your game and your choices.
All I can say it's recommend to try the other run with different choices towards her, after all game worth it.
And I don't mind her to find her happiness with someone if I already chosen my path, just not with Jacob. He just wanna do another body count.

• Haha
Reactions: Ricthequick

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
That's cruel, and you have the balls to tell that to a dude with Zoey profile pic, but...you do you, it's your game and your choices.
All I can say it's recommend to try the other run with different choices towards her, after all game worth it.
I'll eventually try a bit of everything, but also depending on how it develops the only way I can see it being "consistent" in my very personal head canon is that IF the MC really feels so strong... he'd be avoiding everyone until that point.

Also any idea if the prelude choices actually affect her in any capacity? And I mean in her behaviour more than in possibly open new scenes.

As for her finding her own happiness, sure, but not in "my" face... like she becomes BBF with all the girls and starts hanging out with Tommy/Derek/Quinn/Whoever.

I already wrote it some pages ago, IF she really scarred the MC so badly... he should do everything to stay away from her, what happens once, usually happens again.

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
I'll eventually try a bit of everything, but also depending on how it develops the only way I can see it being "consistent" in my very personal head canon is that IF the MC really feels so strong... he'd be avoiding everyone until that point.

Also any idea if the prelude choices actually affect her in any capacity? And I mean in her behaviour more than in possibly open new scenes.
Zoey essentially has a DIK or CHICK affinity based on your interlude choices and it affects her personality and dialogue, from what I understand.

Ricthequick

Jun 28, 2024
Zoey essentially has a DIK or CHICK affinity based on your interlude choices and it affects her personality and dialogue, from what I understand.
That was also my understanding, but I didn't notice too many differences (if any), it might come into play later on mind you...

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
And I don't mind her to find her happiness with someone if I already chosen my path, just not with Jacob. He just wanna do another body count.
I actually gave Jacob my blessing in my CHICK MJ throuple run. In that one, MC is very happily committed to the throuple and while thrown for a bit of a loop by Zoey's return has decidedly moved on. In my head canon, MC sees Jacob as a pretty chill guy and can tell he's vibing with her with their shared art passion, so why not? Zoey's her own person.

P.S. Zoey turns him down anyways. :p

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022

As for her finding her own happiness, sure, but not in "my" face... like she becomes BBF with all the girls and starts hanging out with Tommy/Derek/Quinn/Whoever.

I already wrote it some pages ago, IF she really scarred the MC so badly... he should do everything to stay away from her, what happens once, usually happens again.
Yes, DIK/Chick Zoey is different. DIK version is tougher. She hits the balls of the fireman on the dance floor who is harassing her, she has different dialogues, she is less judgmental for beating Oscar, she doesn't cry when MC reads his mother’s diary to her.
I actually have Jacob my blessing in my CHICK MJ throuple run. In that one, MC is very happily committed to the throuple and while thrown for a bit of a loop by Zoey's return has decidedly moved on. In my head canon, MC sees Jacob as a pretty chill guy and can tell he's vibing with her with their shared art passion, so why not? Zoey's her own person.

P.S. Zoey turns him down anyways. :p
Ofc she turns him down, or some group of patrons will start a crusade :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,531 Votes