Buttsmarnnn

Sep 18, 2019
A huge thank you to Arcanjo_Fel for creating such amazing Fan Art and an even bigger thank you for allowing me to post this Sig! As I told Arcanjo I'm not experienced with WallPaper Engine. So really it's his amazing work that is doing all the work! So make sure you check out his Fan Art they are quality!

BaDIKJillTemple.gif
Don't use this version
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Josie and Maya are such shitty characters in all meanings. I throw up as soon as they show up... I don't understand why Pinkcake made them as main characters. Why not Rhiona or Lily??
Right now for the drama that they both bring into the MC life. But again it's the side girls that stand out the most for some which does say a lot.

faxalag

Jan 30, 2020
Why was the voice acting removed from the latest version? I remember playing the Ep.1 demo with Jill, Bella voices. Although I was not a fan of Bella's tone, I liked Jill's voice.

Am I missing something or have they been disabled?

Edit: After extracting the .rpa files using unren, I can see the voice files for Jill, Bella (Ep.1 only) and also the Jill intro. So, any idea why they are not being played in the game?

Last edited:
Reactions: -JuNioR-

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Why was the voice acting removed from the latest version? I remember playing the Ep.1 demo with Jill, Bella voices. Although I was not a fan of Bella's tone, I liked Jill's voice.

Am I missing something or have they been disabled?

Edit: After extracting the .rpa files using unren, I can see the voice files for Jill, Bella (Ep.1 only) and also the Jill intro. So, any idea why they are not playing in game?
Think it was down to costs but he has said if he makes enough money he'll add voices to the game when it's completed.

Tr4visT

Aug 27, 2019
Hey, new here and to the game.
Installed last night and played up to the first test in college than a traceback error posts right before it begins.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png'>:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 156, in <module>
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Hey, new here and to the game.
Installed last night and played up to the first test in college than a traceback error posts right before it begins.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png'>:
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpyc", line 156, in script
�S7h�{�9y�����x�͝|E�� �%�]��p��PB
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 763, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\TT\Desktop\BeingADIK-0.4.1-pc\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.4.1
Tue Feb 11 11:52:19 2020
There are fix files here https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-4-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-2874159

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Right now for the drama that they both bring into the MC life. But again it's the side girls that stand out the most for some which does say a lot.
Agree. And I think what a lot of people don't stop to realize is that if Josy and Maya were made side girls instead, and some of the most popular side girls were main LIs, then DPC would figure out a way for them to somehow screw up the MC's world for the sake of a compelling story, which would probably push a lot of people to wish for Josy or Maya routes. Grass is greener, and all that.

Ryder-Wilson

Aug 29, 2017
20 episodes would require more than 3 seasons...
If he will make 10 episodes mean that the third season would have just 2 episodes. If he will make 20 episodes, we will have 5 season, so the game would end in 2025. Now, i love the idea but that is absolutely crazy and hard, economically speaking. I think that he will find a compromise with 3 season and 12 episodes in total and that is perfectly fine.

TomPhan

Jan 1, 2019
Just a thought...

In AL, the darkness started to reveal itself at the end of Ep4...

In BADIK, we get hints of things not going well at the end of Ep4...

Coincidence? Can we expect things to start getting less comical and more emotionally heavy in Season 2? After all, there is a big fat warning that if you are in a tough period of your life, this game is not for you.
Maybe that's just me, but I'd say
Either way, I doubt DPC would aim for (at least) two more seasons of "Being a DIK" if he didn't plan for us to, well, be a DIK. ;)

Jan 23, 2020
Thing is how long does he keep this game going for? Sometimes it can be a good thing if it keeps on going but could also fall prey to running out of steam.
I like this setting so much that I wish he could go on with new seasons even after this story arc will be over.
I wouldn't mind to play as a whole new freshman in the future and maybe meet some of the old characters: old MC (now married with Bella and father of two), some of the girls (the ones who survived), future Derek working as a teacher... :ROFLMAO:
The setting is so good that I feel he could easily keep some chars and add some new chars and people would still play it.

Monetauro

Nov 18, 2019

I would like to use this opportunity to spread love for our Goddess cause she's the best :love:
Ya'll have the honor to look at this beauty :love:
turn the sound on and enjoy
jokes aside hope ya'll like it lol first time editing a video like this :KEK:

Omg dude you're fucking amazing :love:
Give this man some sort of award already
View attachment 548794
Don't use this version
Look at these two!
You two!

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes