Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
Wow, this is stunning.

Also... Quinn actually looks... semi-normal in this. It's... oddly attractive. Kinda makes you wonder if, in another life, she could've been someone other than the "bad girl".

Excellent artwork.
The great thing about Quinn is that she's a such well-written character. I mean, she could be "the bad of the movie" and that's it, but she isn't an intrinsecal bad type of character. She's so grey. And, in my opinion, she's really fun. In a crooked way, but I still remember some of her replies in Rooster that made me laugh so hard.

Dumitas

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019
question: does being a chick with quinn do anything other than get berated? like...does the scene change when you try to kiss her in her room instead of being quiet while she jacks you off?

...i was hoping there was at least a modicum of changes (when you're a chick with her)---i would love me some tsundere... because I want N88 to kill me slowly
No, not ever, that's Quinn you talking about, you have to like her for what she is and not for what she may-be, but if you want a submissive girl just go for Maya, or a nice girl then go for Jill. There is no "I want" with Quinn, only "She wants". :WeSmart:

Wow, this is stunning.

Also... Quinn actually looks... semi-normal in this. It's... oddly attractive. Kinda makes you wonder if, in another life, she could've been someone other than the "bad girl".

Excellent artwork.
Quinn IS incredibly attractive, the reason you're looking at her and find more normal (she is) it's because she is "posing" like for a picture, the type of picture you find in a social network, and not in her natural self. That's pretty common with all humans, not just her or a game, people usually look more attractive if they are posing for the picture. But she is and always will be a badass beautiful girl.
And thank you!

HyperNinja7

Oct 10, 2017
As per DPC’s Patreon, it seems Being A DIK is moving towards being a patched game rather than new binaries for each update as shown by v0.4.2’s release today which is available as a patch

hopefully on here the OP will give us the option to update the game through the patches or if some people want they can still download the game through the binary which would probably be 8GB+

personally I think this is a smart move from DPC as it should make the transitions between episodes/seasons more smooth

(not sure how this affects modded/extracted game versions though, hopefully there is a workaround as it might mess up the patch)

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

Only use this patch with a full game with the Patreon version v0.4.0 or v0.4.1!

Your game cannot be modified or the patch will not work!

If you have modified the game or used a software to extract images, scripts etc., you need to delete those extra folders for the patch to work.

Please note, downloading this patch REQUIRES you to have the full game downloaded already. You are not downloading the entire game, you're just downloading a small patch that upgrades your game and fixes bugs.

Patch instructions

PC/Linux

1. Download and extract the patch.

2. Copy the content of the "patch" folder into the "game" folder of your Being a DIK game.

3. Overwrite files when prompted. Very important

4. Launch the game. The main menu will show v0.4.2, if you did it correctly.

macOS

1. Download and extract the patch.

2. Drag the folder named "Contents" to the BeingADIK.app, this should merge the folder structure.

3. Overwrite files when prompted. Very important

4. Launch the game. The main menu will show v0.4.2, if you did it correctly.

If it didn't work:

Make sure that the .rpa files you copied are pasted with the other .rpa files.

For PC/Linux, check the "game" folder and make sure you put the files there.

For macOS, the full path to the .rpa files is "BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game"

-- Changelog v0.4.2 --
  • Fixed a bug where a wrong render would show when buying from Derek, during his free-roam event in episode 4.
  • Fixed a bug in episode 1 where the chat with Josy wouldn't trigger a dialogue prompt during the date in certain cases.
  • Adjusted the difficulty setting for Brawler.
  • Added 2 unused animation to a lewd scene (rooftop , episode 4).
  • Fixed a bug that caused cheating to fail on the English test in Episode 4.
  • Fixed a cosmetic bug with Brawler with text messages after winning a fight multiple times and getting no reward.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash at the Save/Load screen if special characters were used to comment the save.
  • Fixed a bug with the phone that displayed your current affinity incorrectly.
  • Corrected typos
  • Re-processed an animation in Episode 3 that caused GPU spikes for a subset of GPUs.
  • Added two songs to the main menu music list
  • Fixed a bug where music didn't play when replaying a lewd scene in Episode 4.
  • Added a tutorial for the tennis mini-game

An uploader will update the op in a bit.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
Forgot to post this

I have some important information regarding the future of the Patreon version of Being a DIK.

The best way to go forward with the game is by uploading patches as well as a full game, including all episodes. The old idea of keeping multiple binaries on Patreon will make my workload much bigger since it makes it too different from how the Steam version is being handled.

Patches are still small files and they will enable faster download of new content, which was problem I wanted to solve to begin with.

An example of how it would work
When episode 5 is released I will release the following:

1. One big game file with Episodes 1-5 (v0.5.0), approximately 8 GB

2. One smaller patch with just Episode 5 (v0.5.0), approximately 2 GB

If you have the previous version installed (v0.4.0, v0.4.1 or v0.4.2), you can just download option number 2 and patch the game.

If you don't have the previous version, you'll need to download option number 1.

What do you need to do now?
Nothing! Absolutely nothing.

Your saves from episode 4 will work without any extra steps required on your end.

Please note, Steam saves aren't compatible with the Patreon version.

Patch v0.4.2
If you want the latest bug fixes, today I have uploaded:

1. One big game file with Episodes 1-4 (v0.4.2)

2. One smaller patch that can be used on v0.4.0 or v0.4.1 to upgrade your game to v0.4.2. Until episode 5 is released, as thanks for reaching 4000 patrons this patch will be available for free to all patrons.

The upside to all of this is that you can keep all content in one single game and patches will be fast to download.

The biggest con to this is that I can only release patches to the $5 tier, because the big file with all episodes must be kept in the $10 tier because of the Steam release. You will still be able to play the new updates with the patch. But you do have to save the previous version between updates to make this work.

Another con is that if you have modified the game or used a software to extract images, scripts etc., you need to delete those extra folders for the patch to work.

I'm deeply sorry for backpeddling on this and I'm sorry for all the confusion. It's better to make this change early on, than realizing that I screwed this up in a bigger way later. If you have any questions about this, please post a comment and I will answer as best as I can.

Best regards

Dr PinkCake

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
Just a Bug Fix, what a pity, see ya in 6 months again for the next update/fix

The biggest con to this is that I can only release patches to the $5 tier, because the big file with all episodes must be kept in the $10 tier because of the Steam release. You will still be able to play the new updates with the patch. But you do have to save the previous version between updates to make this work.

So Steam gets priority now, time to stop my support......

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
What I like about this game is that I honestly can't pick any girl as my favorite, I have top chicks and low tier ones, but even those are hot in my book, the only reason they're down there is either because they lack class or a strong perosnality (hence the very high rank of Quinn in my classification despite her trashy behavior..Something about that vixen makes my DIK happy).

The use of music is the closest to perfection I've seen, it works as a narrator and not just some simple noise in the background, if any game deserves a harem path I think it's this one, though I don't know how it can logically be inserted into the story without breaking too many hearts or going rogue with the general narrative.

Reactions: Iruna.

tg

May 1, 2017
I thought the idea was to make 1-4 Season 1, and then the others would be under the Season 2 umbrella. Did that change with this latest "patches" approach?

• Thinking Face
  • Angry
Reactions: BaasB and Englen

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
I thought the idea was to make 1-4 Season 1, and then the others would be under the Season 2 umbrella. Did that change with this latest "patches" approach?
this update is just bug fixes this isnt episode 5 so its still season 1.

chaf

Oct 10, 2017
the patch i dowloaded (4.2) the files in it are RPA extension but the files in my game are RPY extension so the patch isn't working and i still have version 4.1 in the game should i change the name files extension of the patch to RPY?

Potoum

Apr 28, 2018
Update only (0.4.0-0.4.2) <-- I've version 0.4.1 does this mean I've to re-download the whole game? Can I apply this patch to the version 0.4.1 I currently have?

gamer1111

Jan 8, 2020
Another dev that went the Steam sellout route...at least it's not hard to tell who's doing it for the money anymore.
I'm not familiar, what does this mean? What is sellout about going on steam? does it make the game worse or something?

Nov 24, 2017
This game has been amazing, even though I haven't played the 4th chapter yet I know it will end amazing. Just hope it doesn't get ruined as Acting Lessons did...

Reactions: BaasB
4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes