Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
(y)
It's why there are so many issues with that whole part ideally it could have been handled better but it's just the way it is no going nack now and it's been discussed to death we get on with it and await the next update hopefully with some better outcomes this time.
A conversation. That's all it would take. A conversation with Maya and Josy, individually, where the MC can get more out of them about what they really felt for him and each other during this time, and what they're feeling now. That could be enough to clear things up and maybe retcon this a bit.

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
People just fell way too hard for Maya without really understanding her character. The warning signs are there from the very start, but since she's an adorable blonde girl who is friendly towards the MC at a stage in the story where he doesn't really have any friends people completely missed that part of her personality. She's simply a very self-absorbed girl and all of her actions have selfish motivations.

All of this is totally realistic, lots of people are like this and lots of people fall for people like this and only realize way later once they have caught major feelings. I actually think Maya's character is written beautifully, but a lot of people were blindsided by seeing this side of her get exposed.

Both Maya and Josy are obviously going to feature significantly in the game going forward regardless of what happened at the end of Episode Four, they are both central characters to the story, and I would be surprised if there wasn't a redemption path for either of them even if things seem bleak for some players at this stage.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
This game shouldn't have the twins tag, to be honest. Unless there are real identical twins that we don't know of yet. That could be quite the twist, imagine a twin of Jill who is a polar opposite of her, kind of a bitch :ROFLMAO: .
So you're saying Quinn dyes her hair?

The pieces are all starting to come together...

• Haha
Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
People just fell way too hard for Maya without really understanding her character. The warning signs are there from the very start, but since she's an adorable blonde girl who is friendly towards the MC at a stage in the story where he doesn't really have any friends people completely missed that part of her personality. She's simply a very self-absorbed girl and all of her actions have selfish motivations.

All of this is totally realistic, lots of people are like this and lots of people fall for people like this and only realize way later once they have caught major feelings. I actually think Maya's character is written beautifully, but a lot of people were blindsided by seeing this side of her get exposed.

Both Maya and Josy are obviously going to feature significantly in the game going forward regardless of what happened at the end of Episode Four, they are both central characters to the story, and I would be surprised if there wasn't a redemption path for either of them even if things seem bleak for some players at this stage.
Man, you just hit the nail in the head for me with Maya. Nowadays i'm noticing that she is a love or hate character, but i just couldn't care about her, be it in the Episode 2 and 3 times, when i was a lurker and her fandom was really powerful, or now in post-episode 4 times were there is a divide. The reason is because i know a Maya in Real Life, there was another post, about how she doesn't like conflicts and can or will even lie to avoid them, that and your post just made me realize this. I know a girl like Maya in Real Life, and her life is one constant trainwreck, maybe i recognized the signs subconsciously or something. She is written perfectly for the kind of person she is, and i guess that's why like Quinn she is a character that i love to watch, but wouldn't really be my favorite LI.

I hope she doesn't have that much screentime in episode 5, because i want more of other LIs, but both her and Josy are very important and i guess i'm waiting to see what paths will open for them. Probably four, one solo for each girl, one for both with the MC and another just the two of them. It requires more work, but imagine the replayability.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
After 31 hours I got all my saves ready for episode 5, and like 90 percent of the achievements theres one or two I can't unlock

Dik route - Sage, Jade
Neutral - Josy + Maya "Try for something more" instead of "just friendship" and the two said yes
Chick route - Bella, Jill

But, as I've said already in this thread, Camila best girl.

And for my 2 cents with Maya, she's such a tease bros, tells you not to get attracted to her but she's in thongs and short skirts all day everyday.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
And for my 2 cents with Maya, she's such a tease bros, tells you not to get attracted to her but she's in thongs and short skirts all day everyday.
Eh, I tend to grade clothes on a curve in these sorts of games; even Jill seems remarkably happy in her undies around the MC. (That said, I do wish Maya would wear her jacket more; we almost never see her in it and I thought it looked really good on her.)

As far as Maya being a tease, I think it's hard to judge at the moment. When the MC suggests explaining she's not into boys to the HOTs she's pretty emphatic she's never revealing that "again." There's also her diatribe about being judged.

If whatever drove Maya and Josy apart is both believable and harsh, I think it can sell Maya as a well-meaning but introverted young woman scared of losing the only good thing to happen to her in months.

If the backstory falls flat though, it will paint Maya as either a self-absorbed tease or a gormless youth unwilling to take responsibility for her life.

That's the risk with the 'shocking twist' style of story telling.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I guess we can also add "repulsive" to the group of adjectives that are unfairly used to describe Maya.

Signed,
"The other one" ;):p
Oh wow is there still people using wink emoji to feel cool about themselves? omegalul. Forgot it for a minute yet thankfully you reminded me of it, how can I use an adjective other than "unimaginably perfect godess can't do anything wrong, savior of lowlife commoners"? It's obviously unfair to describe Maya. Maybe if we live to see it, she will die for our sins too.

• Haha
Reactions: Iruna. and KoolMe

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
ename144 What's your take on Jill? forgive me if you've already posted it but with Jill I find that she's naive? like in the shower scene when the MC grabs her boob she's like why is he grabbing my boob? like who wouldnt grab her boobs amirite

And the mom stuff, like going to kiss MC good night but getting poked by the dildo helmet

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
ename144 What's your take on Jill? forgive me if you've already posted it but with Jill I find that she's naive? like in the shower scene when the MC grabs her boob she's like why is he grabbing my boob? like who wouldnt grab her boobs amirite

And the mom stuff, like going to kiss MC good night but getting poked by the dildo helmet
I only just finished the game this weekend, so I haven't had that much time to think about the characters; Josy stood out to me because my impression of her changed a lot on a second playthrough.

I've liked all the major characters so far and Jill is no exception, although we still don't know a lot about her. I think she's clearly intended to fill the 'naive innocent' niche in the game, but she's sort of an interesting take on it.

She's obviously got the standard rich-and-isolated tropes going for her. She is easily flustered at times (as when the MC grabs her breast in the shower). Reporting Chad for bullying is definitely implied to be an overly simplistic approach to the matter. And naturally she has the least sexual experience of the bunch.

On the other hand, the way she handles Tybalt when needed, the way she takes Josy under her wing, the way she calmly addresses the MC's girl troubles before their date, and the way she talks about drawing strength from her sister's death all imply that Jill actually has a good deal of experience under her belt. She just has varying degrees of success applying that experience to different situations. It makes it feel like 'naive' is an aspect of her character, rather than just the sum total of her archetype.

I think if I was to summarize Jill it wouldn't be naive, it would be earnest. She seems to wear her heart on her sleeve, speak her mind when she feels its necessary, and accept advice if she thinks she made a mistake. She defers to Bella's judgement, but isn't blind to Bella's potential faults. It's a nice balance, and I hope they will continue to develop the dichotomy between her experience and inexperience going forward.

It's pretty clear there's still more to come with her. The parallels between Jill and the MC's mom are obvious. The backstory with her sister and Bella pretty much demand some further exploration. We know her family is significant, so it's likely she will have to make some decisions about them eventually. Also, given her dislike of bullying, her friendship with Josy might well play into the main plot at a later date; Josy and Maya have clearly suffered for being in a lesbian romance, and that suffering seems like the sort of thing Jill wouldn't tolerate.

Lastly, I would say Jill gets some of my personal favorite scenes in the game. The brief Dungeons and Gremlins game was a hoot (especially if the MC dies trying to defend her elf). And her look if you kiss her in the shower is downright adorable.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
ename144 Once again you knocked it out of the park. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

When I went the Dik route it was hard telling her off after the meeting with the teachers about Chad.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Hey, I said Jill got some of my favorite scenes, not all of them!

The interactions with Sage when you first ask to stay in her room and at breakfast are great stuff.
yeah, i loved that breakfast scene :)

when she said: sorry i'm taken, you know that..., i was like Sage, babe, even you don't believe what you just said :D
and all things that happend after that, man... even that call MC made in the middle of the party to say to her that he misses her, awww so cute :giggle:
Yeah Sage, we get it, you are taken, Chad is the love of your life......... NOT! :LOL:

Mar 16, 2020
yeah, i loved that breakfast scene :)

when she said: sorry i'm taken, you know that..., i was like Sage, babe, even you don't believe what you just said :D
and all things that happend after that, man... even that call MC made in the middle of the party to say to her that he misses her, awww so cute :giggle:
Yeah Sage, we get it, you are taken, Chad is the love of your life......... NOT! :LOL:
If u look that breakfast scenes u actually can see that Quinn will become mayor character in the game with her own point rate. If u notice there is 2 girls with chick route who is mayor characters, 2 for neutral and only one for dik route. In my opinion Quinn will mayor part in the future of the game at least for DIK route.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes