Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
It's heavily implied that they are spending time together doing things that isn't directly shown, though certainly more limited than they would like. The game is from MC's point of view primarily, so unless there's a narrative reason to show it, the dev isn't going to show every scene where Josy and Maya do stuff together without you.

Maya and Josy's relationship does have problems, but personally I think they'll be able to make progress on their issues once the loan issue is solved and they can be more open/public. Having to hide something like that can be a huge burden on a relationship for a myriad of reasons, including limiting the time they are able to spend together and introducing doubt of if their relationship has a future (due to the external pressure itself).

As for their feelings being imbalanced, that's also frankly realistic in poly relationships. A relationship of 3+ people where everyone likes everyone evenly pretty much doesn't exist. While that certainly can lead to problems if people have unfulfilled relationship needs or expectations, if people are still having their needs met (the extent of which varies from person to person) and communicate if they aren't, it can be perfectly healthy to have stronger feelings for one person in a polycule. That said, I don't know how much DPC is modeling the triad on actual poly relationship dynamics, so any real life correlations should be taken with a grain of salt.

Taken from a game-design and narrative point of view though, I think having the throuple fall apart regardless of what you do would be a very bad decision. It would remove agency from a medium where your choices generally are supposed to matter. The same however also could be said for having the throuple survive regardless of your choices. That's why I personally think that there will be paths to both outcomes.
I would like to know to see where this is impiled to me it seems very clear they aren't and if they are then why hasn't there relationship improve any. Isn't odd the two that know each other the longest are the most imbalance it should be the other way around. To me it strongly seems like it is mc holding things together as bad as Patrick is there less external pressure on them then Maya acts like

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
You're a worse simp than Joshy, he's willing to do unspeakable acts in the name of love, and you can't endure a few whiskers?
View attachment 3793493
View attachment 3793495
View attachment 3793491

Just look at how sweet she is, she'll do anything for you but you can't do the same.... and you have eyes for other girls... very sad, makes me want to cry.... :cry:
I would do anything for Josy even jump off a building for her
If you look back you will find post of me saying Josy doesn't fart and if she did it would smell like strawberries and sunshine Joshy got nothing on me :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :cool:

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
I would like to know to see where this is impiled to me it seems very clear they aren't and if they are then why hasn't there relationship improve any. Isn't odd the two that know each other the longest are the most imbalance it should be the other way around. To me it strongly seems like it is mc holding things together as bad as Patrick is there less external pressure on them then Maya acts like
I agree that it isn't mentioned enough, but off the top of my head, in the ep10 Maya hangout she'll mention josy, and i believe depending on your dialogue choice MC will ask/say something to the effect of "you and Josy have plenty of alone time, why shouldn't you and I"

Reactions: Milton749

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I agree that it isn't mentioned enough, but off the top of my head, in the ep10 Maya hangout she'll mention josy, and i believe depending on your dialogue choice MC will ask/say something to the effect of "you and Josy have plenty of alone time, why shouldn't you and I"
right but is she just saying that? It very troubling to me if they are having plenty alone time and Maya still more comfortable with MC then Josy
to me the more comfortable the deeper the connection or bond leading to stronger the love

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
I would like to know to see where this is impiled to me it seems very clear they aren't and if they are then why hasn't there relationship improve any.
The fact that we see them doing stuff together at all means the opportunity is there for more to occur that we don't see. Maya still has her room to herself, so really nothing is stopping them if they're discrete and don't do it too frequently to around suspicion. Moreover, even though not romantic in nature, they have the opportunity to spend a lot of time together as HOTs.

As for a specific example:

1719967995611.png
1719967728681.png

There's probably others, but I don't feel like digging more.

Isn't odd the two that know each other the longest are the most imbalance it should be the other way around.
Feelings in newer relationships often can be more powerful than in established ones. Ask anyone that's been married for a long time. :p

Moreover, people that have been in relationships for years can still have new issues come up that need to be worked out.

To me it strongly seems like it is mc holding things together as bad as Patrick is there less external pressure on them then Maya acts like
I do actually agree the MC is helping hold things together, depending on your decisions obviously. I see it more like MC is acting as like... a bandage holding together a wound long enough for it to heal.

Reactions: ModiThorrson
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes