Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Kind of a late reply, but I wanted to mention that in real-life poly relationships, it's very common for people to continue having dates and sex one-on-one (as a dyad) sometimes the majority (or even all) of the time, even in a non-hierarchal triad like MC, Josy, and Maya have. Honestly, the fact that the MC continues to do some stuff with just Josy or Maya rather than only doing things all together and having constant threesomes makes it more realistic and believable, and makes the times they all do stuff together more special.

I do think your choices of who to do stuff with will influence things though further down the line, as well as some dialogue choices (for example, there's some dialogue choices where you can pick whether to support Josy/Maya relationship or not). In fact, your choices already have had a bit of an impact. After the Halloween party, when Josy and Maya are talking about their sexual experience with you, if things are roughly even, you get points with both of them, but if you've favored one of them over the other, the other losses points. Dealing with jealousy is a real potential challenge in poly relationships, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's some in-game reflection of that and these decisions become more impactful later on regarding if the triad survives or not.

Also, I think Josy and Maya being a little scared of adding the MC to their relationship is a perfectly justified feeling as well since it's introducing a huge new variable that, if it goes poorly, could severely damage their existing relationship. Frankly, those type of concerns are normal for a big change and the fact they are talking openly about them bodes well.

Lastly, the walkthrough is designed to avoid spoilers as much as possible. Referring to them as a throuple would be a spoiler. In-game, it's not surprising they haven't called themselves a throuple either since 1) they've only really recently started defining their relationship, 2) they aren't public about all being with each other, and 3) if they were to describe their relationship to someone, "the three of us are in a relationship together" is going to be more easily understood by most people than using poly terminology.
The problem for the throuple as always been Josy and Maya they hardly have any alone time in fact only twice from what we seen. While I do agree that always having 3some with them wouldn't be believable and that there should be alone time for each of them the problem is this is massively one sided in mc favor.

I don't believe the throuple is meant to work no what MC does maybe i'm wrong but this is what I think. After this time Josy and Maya's is still very bad they only happy with MC. Maya even admits to feeling more comfortable with MC then Josy a massive problem one I don't think will be fits just because the loan is solve. Josy preferring MC is pretty clear even admits to feelings getting stronger.

Relationship are hard but this doesn't add up to a happy throuple but MC being happy with one of them

• Angry
Reactions: fajiker145

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
The problem for the throuple as always been Josy and Maya they hardly have any alone time in fact only twice from what we seen. While I do agree that always having 3some with them wouldn't be believable and that there should be alone time for each of them the problem is this is massively one sided in mc favor.

I don't believe the throuple is meant to work no what MC does maybe i'm wrong but this is what I think. After this time Josy and Maya's is still very bad they only happy with MC. Maya even admits to feeling more comfortable with MC then Josy a massive problem one I don't think will be fits just because the loan is solve. Josy preferring MC is pretty clear even admits to feelings getting stronger.

Relationship are hard but this doesn't add up to a happy throuple but MC being happy with one of them
I would agree it appears likely, that we will given an option to choose one or the other, but just cause we don't see it doesn't mean they don't have time together. They could be bumping uglies nearly every night and a couple times during the day. Going on romantic picnics, the movies or who knows what else.

Reactions: ModiThorrson

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
I would agree it appears likely, that we will given an option to choose one or the other, but just cause we don't see it doesn't mean they don't have time together. They could be bumping uglies nearly every night and a couple times during the day. Going on romantic picnics, the movies or who knows what else.
I agree, I've always thought the lack of screen time for M-J had more to do with avoiding the anti-ntr extremists than a lack of interaction.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Honestly if Josy and Maya are seeing each other more then the game shows I find that even more of a problem for them because what ever they doing isn't working(y)

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I agree, I've always thought the lack of screen time for M-J had more to do with avoiding the anti-ntr extremists than a lack of interaction.
While that could be the case it feels unlikely to me considering we seen one before game scene and two in game scenes plus in ep10 Josy talk about going down on Maya after the tongue ring. If they had more alone time then what has been seen it would be very easy to put in a line here and there so we know other wise it leads me to believe they haven't

Reactions: ModiThorrson

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
It's not like everyone just stops living when they are not hanging out with MC, they live their lives.

Honestly if Josy and Maya are seeing each other more then the game shows I find that even more of a problem for them because what ever they doing isn't working(y)
I'd agree with that too. They do need to work on their relationship & clearly don't talk to each other properly. But, they must be hanging out and doing things together.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
It's not like everyone just stops living when they are not hanging out with MC, they live their lives.

I'd agree with that too. They do need to work on their relationship & clearly don't talk to each other properly. But, they must be hanging out and doing things together.
apart from ep6 and8 we don't really see them talking now that there no more Patrick to blame it all on them

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
It's heavily implied that they are spending time together doing things that isn't directly shown, though certainly more limited than they would like. The game is from MC's point of view primarily, so unless there's a narrative reason to show it, the dev isn't going to show every scene where Josy and Maya do stuff together without you.

Maya and Josy's relationship does have problems, but personally I think they'll be able to make progress on their issues once the loan issue is solved and they can be more open/public. Having to hide something like that can be a huge burden on a relationship for a myriad of reasons, including limiting the time they are able to spend together (even if they are spending time together we don't see, it still limited by their secrecy) and introducing doubt of if their relationship has a future (due to the external pressure itself).

As for their feelings being imbalanced, that's also frankly realistic in poly relationships. A relationship of 3+ people where everyone likes everyone evenly pretty much doesn't exist. Like in monogamous relationships, those feelings are also going to fluctuate over time. While that certainly can lead to problems if people have unfulfilled relationship needs or expectations, if people are still having their needs met (the extent of which varies from person to person) and communicate if they aren't, it can be perfectly healthy to have stronger feelings for one person in a polycule. That said, I don't know how much DPC is modeling the triad on actual poly relationship dynamics, so any real life correlations should be taken with a grain of salt.

Taken from a game-design, narrative, and even marketing point of view though, I think having the throuple fall apart regardless of what you do would be a very bad decision. It would remove agency from a medium where your choices generally are supposed to matter and be a pretty unsatisfying conclusion to successfully dealing with Maya's loan situation (which has been a major plot point for a very long time). The same however also could be said for having the throuple survive regardless of your choices. That's why I personally think that there will be paths to both outcomes.

Last edited:

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Well, we were all wanting Josy to get a hobby and become more interesting. A delusional stalker named.... maybe Warkden could make an interesting storyline. :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't mind watching the confrontation between Joshy/Maya vs Darkwen/Josy :coffee: :BootyTime: truly legendary fight for hand-holding romantic

Better Cock Spock

Jul 29, 2017
I pull it off her i don't do girls with mustaches gave her ass a good spank before fucking
You're a worse simp than Joshy, he's willing to do unspeakable acts in the name of love, and you can't endure a few whiskers?
1719966131336.png
1719966171577.png
1719966115689.png

Just look at how sweet she is, she'll do anything for you but you can't do the same.... and you have eyes for other girls... very sad, makes me want to cry.... :cry:

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes