ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Hi guys! I recently did the playthrough multiple times for BaDIK and I have loads of inquiries I hope some of you can help with. I did browse through several of this thread's pages but seeing as there are literally thousands of them I wouldn't even know where exactly to look to see if some of my questions have already been discussed.

So foremost, of all the women in the game, I am the most intrigued by Isabella and I'm wondering if you could share some of your theories concerning her and her super mysterious background? At first I was thinking there might possibly be a relationship connection between her and the MC because they share very similar striking facial features (eyebrows, eye color, shapes of their lips, cut of their cheekbones etc) but I'm not sure I still think that even though it would fit with the teasing foreshadowing the MC announces after their library makeout session. Then I realized that Josy and Bella share an identical birthmark on their upper lips and Josy's eyes are also similar to Bella's but unless Josy's mom or dad have a previously unmentioned/unknown sibling, that also wouldn't fit very well.
Also that room that's always locked in Bella's house? Does she have her dead husband in there? Or maybe a husband on life support who has been in a coma for three years? I find it interesting that the MC doesn't get to look at any of the photographs in Bella's house and also that he never asks Bella ANYTHING about her husband.
The MC tends to let important issues go unaddressed when addressing them would screw up future plot twists. At least in this case it's likely Isabella would just glare at him if he asked directly.

I don't see much solid evidence to go off of, so any speculation about Bella's backstory is probably going to be wrong. Here's the information I can think of:

Isabella mentions wondering if 'James' will come back to her, implies he has been gone a long time, wonders if he would blame her for fooling around with the MC, and says that she has forgiven him. She mentions married women shouldn't fool around with friends, but that she put a stop to that. She says her teenage self only found one man to fall for.

Also, the dialog between Jade and Stephen imply they tried to do something sexual with Isabella in the semi-recent past (though it did not involve actual sex between Stephen and Isabella), but it does not seem to have been considered a success. Bella seems to have a negative opinion of Jade.

Lastly, there is the ominous narration if you kiss Bella in the library.

The simplest explanation to connect all those dots is that younger Bella did something to drive her husband away but has since tried to reform and behave properly. The more extreme explanations is that her husband is actually dead (or was never her actual husband, or is outright fictitious), and Bella is so messed up she either does not recognize it or cannot accept it.

The latter explanation is a better fit for the narration, but seems too outlandish to me. Given that people like Jill know Isabella well, it unlikely Bella could be that delusional and not attract more attention. Thus the answer is probably some variant of the simple explanation where some aspect of the story is blown out of proportion by Bella's own psychological issues.

There remains much that I'm still wondering about Bella but my next query is about Sage, who exactly are her family, there's something about her and her family that has Quinn plotting and I wanna know why. Is Cathy single? Has she had children?
I think Cathy is definitely single; she seems to have been on several 'legitimate' dating sites prior to trying Swyper.

I don't see any hard evidence of who Sage's family might be. The only speculation I can offer is that she is Jade/Stephen's daughter. The 'evidence' for this is that Quinn/Riona could be pointing to Jade when discussing the next move after Sage. Also, there is a third portrait we don't see in the scene where Jade is throwing things at Stephen, and she does mention multiple kids if the MC has an affair with her.

The evidence against this is that Sage has no family resemblance to Jade, Stephen or Tybalt; then again, she could be adopted.

What's Quinn's deal with being obsessed with the MC? Does it all have to do with powerplays?
I assume it's just Quinn's obsession with pushing people's buttons.

Quinn wants to use and abuse Maya, because Maya is the sort of person who disapproves of what Quinn does and Quinn suddenly has power over her. Quinn can see there's something going on between the MC and Maya. So to Quinn, either the MC is a potentially helpful tool, or he's an obstacle that needs to be removed.

There are other factors that might come in based on the player's choices (the MC sexual prowess, the way he tricks her during the CUM-petition, his advice to Maya, etc), but I think the heart of it is just Quinn trying to exploit Maya.

Why do the majority of the HOTS only give you the time of day only if you become a full on DIK? (aka asshole).
It seems like the HOTs are mostly just party girls, with a long history of dating 'cool' boys (first jocks, now the DIKs). Ashley even says she assumed she wouldn't fit in with the HOTs until she saw Maya pledge.

So most of them aren't looking for long-term partners and soul mates, they just want hot guy to have fun with short term.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Wolfkins and Casmyr

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Really need to level up our dungeons and gremlins character. Can't just be going through college as a low level brute the whole time. Going to need a long private session with Sally to get some xp.
As I long time gamer myself, I am always eager to defend our hobby and help people understand it. That said, I don't think Magnar is the sort of gamemaster we should be picking as our ambassador to the outside world.

He asks the MC to pick any type of fantasy character, then mocks him for picking an *effective* characters, assigns him a 0-level schlub with no abilities or equipment, and ignominiously kills said character off within 10 minutes of starting the game.

Even I can't blame the MC for dismissing gaming after that. Hopefully Sally will be a much better GM and our hero can have a more successful run in her campaign later on!

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I think Cathy is definitely single; she seems to have been on several 'legitimate' dating sites prior to trying Swyper.
It's been mentioned she was single.

Quinn wants to use and abuse Maya
Use yes but abuse? No chance Quinn has her rules for when it comes to clients using her girls. But in what way is she going to abuse Maya? that would just be stupid on Quinns part and give the game up.

Andolomir

Jul 9, 2018
Use yes but abuse? No chance Quinn has her rules for when it comes to clients using her girls. But in what way is she going to abuse Maya? that would just be stupid on Quinns part and give the game up.
Tries to break her and make her more submissive, i guess. After all Maya wants a Free Tuition? And isn´t into boys... Lots of work...

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'd consider Quinn's rules abuse in and of themselves. Even ignoring the morality of pimps, Riona strongly suggests she'd be punished by Quinn for going off script.

I agree it would be stupid of Quinn to treat Maya that way, but it sure seems like that's her goal. She's constantly trying to push Maya's limits, and she openly speculates how far her control could go when Maya kisses Josy in Spin the Dildo. Also, Riona flat out calls Quinn a "fucking idiot" for trying to recruit Mona and Maya.

I don't think we can take the fact it would be a bad idea as an automatic disqualification to Quinn.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Neutral and CHICK appear to be the way to go
Sage is pretty much Dik, if you are chick or neutral is almost impossible to bang her and go live with her. So i dont think you need to be chick to romance the girls and have something serious except for Maya and Josy. Bella and Jill are more towards chick too, but you can be neutral and dik too.

She has taken a shine to him Sage pretty much confirmed that in 0.4 and it's not really a surprise that she has they are pretty much always bumping into one another she has some sort of infatuation with him a bit like someone in here does with me
What!! I'm head over heels in love with you too ...:p

FOTM characters
you mean foot of the mountain? i dont remember any easter egg to that in Dik.

Last edited:

Wolfkins

Apr 10, 2020
Thanks so much already for all the replies that I've garnered on my questions, I appreciate having well versed people to discuss this game with. One thing I didn't mention but that struck me as incredibly hilarious were the Easter Egg cameos to FOTM characters, not sure how many other people picked up on them but they made me laugh really hard. Kinda surprised there weren't any cameos for Big Brother characters as well, I've found them in a few other CG V/N games and they also make me laugh.

TheAnalSissy

Mar 23, 2019
Hi all, man, was trying to finish chapter 4 for so long. Playing for way more hours than I would ever think I would. Then today I stopped when they were getting set off on the cinema room to the Dik judgment and went to prepare a long big coffee for the next playing hours. And then like 2 screens later the chapter ended. I wasn't ever expecting it to end there. Awww. Man.

After playing Dreams of Desires and waiting so long for a new update on Midnight Paradise. I read trough a lot of MidPar tread and found out about several good games that "were doing better with the same amount of time" and other just good games to start. Being a Dik was the first one that I tried. And this was just like hitting JACKPOT man. Even the "this isn't a pretty story" thing was wrong with me. This drama was exactly something that was missing on other games. This one has proper character. It's really unique and has a hearth. It really makes you fall in love and try to help some of the in game characters.

Also the choice of wearing or not wearing the dick helmet for each day is the best interactive choice that I've seen on all Renpy games so far. A real treat. It really makes you wonder how it would have went have you chosen the other choice. This is one game that I wanna replay at least 2 times. After just playing along, now going for the dick option and for the pussy option. And probably some more for after every girl that would be nice to go for. Damn, just when you have to choose a new home, all 3 options seems worth playing around....

Can't wait for the next update, any news on when does is comes out?

Last edited:
Reactions: Casmyr and scalvi

Ghost_Gamer

Mar 17, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong but when Josy says that she is going to move away and start anew doesn't the MC later find out from Maya or Josy that Josy was actually going to go be with Maya and try to work things out while telling people that she is moving far away?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong but when Josy says that she is going to move away and start anew doesn't the MC later find out from Maya or Josy that Josy was actually going to go be with Maya and try to work things out while telling people that she is moving far away?
No, that didn't happen.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
She was ready to leave I think if she hadn't been accepted in she'd have followed through and have left leaving both the MC and Maya.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes