Triaxe

Mar 16, 2019
Don't know about the rest of you folk but I don't mind the mini-games - apart from Brawler and the in-game scenes that are based on it. Used to be happy when you could use the RenPy console to cheat & skip past it but that seemed to stop working at one point.
I actually feel the same way. I initially played without the mini-games but after trying a playthrough with them on, I thought they were pretty pleasant. The brawler mini-game is challenging at first but once you get over the initial hurdle it becomes a breeze. Winning mini-games and taking notes for the nerds meant I never had to worry about money again too. So that's nice.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Is Bella really a good choice for love interest?

There is this foreshadowing comment by mc (DPC) after kissing Bella in the library (Hell week, wednesday night) :

Isabella : No! No... I ... can't ... I can't.
mc : But ... you want to!
Isabella : But I can't! I can't.

mc :
At the time I couldn't understand Bella.
The attraction was there, but for her it felt so wrong.
I remember feeling bad about kissing a married woman.
I figured she felt the same since she was being infaithful to her husband ... which, of course, is a very big deal.
But if I had known the real reasons to her tears ... and to her persona ...
I wouldn't have kissed her that night. I would have called out for help.

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
Is Bella really a good choice for love interest?

There is this foreshadowing comment by mc (DPC) after kissing Bella in the library (Hell week, wednesday night) :

Isabella : No! No... I ... can't ... I can't.
mc : But ... you want to!
Isabella : But I can't! I can't.

mc :
At the time I couldn't understand Bella.
The attraction was there, but for her it felt so wrong.
I remember feeling bad about kissing a married woman.
I figured she felt the same since she was being infaithful to her husband ... which, of course, is a very big deal.
But if I had known the real reasons to her tears ... and to her persona ...
I wouldn't have kissed her that night. I would have called out for help.
One of the biggest draws on Bella's route is the sensation of impeding doom that permeates it. I won't even get mad if the entire route culminates into a bad, or at best a bittersweet ending.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
You are right on some points. Most of the moments when the MC looks deadly happy are in fact when he's fucking without compromise, be it Sage, his teachers or the other HOT thots. But man... my compradre needs more than pussy, having some love wouldn't be bad
Many games solve this problem by allowing a "harem". The mc progresses with a girl by collecting RP points, doing quests or choices and is rewarded with special scenes which might also be romantic. The other girls completely ignore mc's progress with other girls. So mc can progress with all the girls he is interested in and build a harem of love interests.

In a game with love and romance, dating one girl and falling in love with her would close all other parts, since having sex with other girls while in a relationship is cheating. This would split the game into a handful visual novels with separated fixed paths to get just one girl which is not really fun regarded how much time you spend playing through the game and how many sexual offers you would have to turn down.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
One of the biggest draws on Bella's route is the sensation of impeding doom that permeates it. I won't even get mad if the entire route culminates into a bad, or at best a bittersweet ending.
It's doubtful that it will be anything bittersweet at least not on the level of AL I think we will help Bella get over this situation with her husband but it won't be some sort of quick fix the pool scene was probably quite the big step for her. My worry is that she may regret doing that with the MC so we may have to work away on her again and win her over.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Many games solve this problem by allowing a "harem". The mc progresses with a girl by collecting RP points, doing quests or choices and is rewarded with special scenes which might also be romantic. The other girls completely ignore mc's progress with other girls. So mc can progress with all the girls he is interested in and build a harem of love interests.

In a game with love and romance, dating one girl and falling in love with her would close all other parts, since having sex with other girls while in a relationship is cheating. This would split the game into a handful visual novels with separated fixed paths to get just one girl which is not really fun regarded how much time you spend playing through the game and how many sexual offers you would have to turn down.
It's a matter of taste. Some people find the harem route unfun since it requires that all the girls be the sort who would accept a harem (limiting their personalty options), or winds up overwriting their expected preferences to make a harem happen anyway (undercutting our emotional connection to them).

Moreover, turning down sexual offers isn't necessarily unsatisfying, if doing so leads to a sex offer you really want; it might make that final offer feel more important and rare. Plus, it can add value to repeated playthroughs when different choices show different scenes.

I also think you overstate the problem. Just because the MC has the option to turn down sex, that doesn't mean he will instantly forfeit all other girls if he chooses to have sex. The game already spends a lot of time in the hazy divide that separates "dating casually" and "committed relationship." It's also possible for a relationship to hit a temporary snag (it's not often talked about, but something like this happened with Maya and Josy in Episode 4). Add in dealing with the consequences of infidelity, drunken experimentation, and girls up for open relationships, and I think there is plenty of room for sexy-fun-times without going full harem.

Lastly, keep in mind that turning down sex can still lead to scenes that are funny and/or sexy; consider losing the CUM-petition or wearing the dildo helmet when spending the night with Jill.

Reactions: Ace_X

aarbei23

Jan 14, 2018
Don't know about the rest of you folk but I don't mind the mini-games - apart from Brawler and the in-game scenes that are based on it. Used to be happy when you could use the RenPy console to cheat & skip past it but that seemed to stop working at one point.
The games are fine, except for the math one. Having me do math when thinking about Cathy makes my DIK confused.
I am not joining the raccoon knights lol … I am standing firm beside Sage … And my glorious jacket :ROFLMAO:
I'd rather stand behind Sage... or under Sage, or on top of Sage, or inside of Sage.

Ace_X

Creator of Ace X Game Studios
Game Developer
Apr 23, 2018
It's a matter of taste. Some people find the harem route unfun since it requires that all the girls be the sort who would accept a harem (limiting their personalty options), or winds up overwriting their expected preferences to make a harem happen anyway (undercutting our emotional connection to them).

Moreover, turning down sexual offers isn't necessarily unsatisfying, if doing so leads to a sex offer you really want; it might make that final offer feel more important and rare. Plus, it can add value to repeated playthroughs when different choices show different scenes.

I also think you overstate the problem. Just because the MC has the option to turn down sex, that doesn't mean he will instantly forfeit all other girls if he chooses to have sex. The game already spends a lot of time in the hazy divide that separates "dating casually" and "committed relationship." It's also possible for a relationship to hit a temporary snag (it's not often talked about, but something like this happened with Maya and Josy in Episode 4). Add in dealing with the consequences of infidelity, drunken experimentation, and girls up for open relationships, and I think there is plenty of room for sexy-fun-times without going full harem.

Lastly, keep in mind that turning down sex can still lead to scenes that are funny and/or sexy; consider losing the CUM-petition or wearing the dildo helmet when spending the night with Jill.
Totally agree with this. This game has a lot better replayability when there is no harem route and the choices actually matter! If there was a harem route to get all the sex scenes, then everyone would just want to know what choices to click to get all the girls... I think it's a much better game when a choice has consequences.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
He's not talking about them though.
What do you mean? Don't you know Maya is the answer to everything? :KEK:
Guys, Jill took MC to their first date, so he needs to man up and ask her on a second one, right? So, where should he take her?
Maybe dinner in a fancy restaurant and after pancakes at Bella's :)

Or...?
Your turn :)
Just putting this here, they'll go to a park or some quiet secluded place. MC will play the song that he got the notes of from Jill. If you studied the notes or not will play a role as it's stated on Jill's ending report.
She'd rather avoid fancy stuff imo, seems like a girl got tired of that luxury life and wants to be in ordinary environment.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Guys, Jill took MC to their first date, so he needs to man up and ask her on a second one, right? So, where should he take her?
Maybe dinner in a fancy restaurant and after pancakes at Bella's :)

Or...?
Your turn :)
Before that I've always assumed Jill will have that concert/talent show first and MC will be be there to show his support and cheer her on.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I am anticipating a date after the concert. Moreover, she may have to make a choice between Tybalt and MC. I do not think Tybalt will give up easily.
Tyballs is done for already, he lost his self esteem. A lowly freshmen took Jill to a date in 2 weeks, literally. Meanwhile he was working for that for at least 1 year or maybe 2 years. Next, he'll try to play dirty and it'll backfire on him even bigger time xD

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes