Cheems

Jul 26, 2017
I think a release date on May 29th is possible, I think is either that or June 5th, but you never know, I don't mind waiting 1 month more if that is what DPC needs.

Red469

May 18, 2018
Sageneers for life... Or in my case: Harem.
Cant be Sage and Harem... that puts you in the camp of the coon knights... Ye are aware?
There is no in between... Sage camp or The Knights... But wait you want both... not gonna happen :)

Totally agree with this. This game has a lot better replayability when there is no harem route and the choices actually matter! If there was a harem route to get all the sex scenes, then everyone would just want to know what choices to click to get all the girls... I think it's a much better game when a choice has consequences.
TOTALLY agree... choices should always matta.

Before that I've always assumed Jill will have that concert/talent show first and MC will be be there to show his support and cheer her on.
Ya thats what a BF would do... Only Natural.

I am anticipating a date after the concert. Moreover, she may have to make a choice between Tybalt and MC. I do not think Tybalt will give up easily.
Date after concert might happen at the prep house... right under tybalz nose LOL
A wonderful quiet night spent with the woman you love, do a jam session together with mc all within earshot of the watermellon poker lol...

Have dinner together and share a bed... Damn...

Tyballs is done for already, he lost his self esteem. A lowly freshmen took Jill to a date in 2 weeks, literally. Meanwhile he was working for that for at least 1 year or maybe 2 years. Next, he'll try to play dirty and it'll backfire on him even bigger time xD
Jill already caught em in a lie so it wont be hard for her to spot the Bitch

Tybalt is just like Dawe both there for the comic relief and often end up in situations which will backfire on them. My only worry with Tybalt is he could do something rash if Jill was to outright say she wants nothing to do with him, I mean here is a guy who sneaks in her room and steals her panties and has a ring for her guys like that don't take rejection easily and will no doubt go to some extreme and creepy lengths just to get her.
Well there is always that, BUT... by her own words... :I really cannot tell what the motives are of those wanting to date me.
She has already made up her mind to give em the flick so lets see it happen :D

Tybalt may as well go fuck a cactus.
Would a watermelon do?

This part of the game has been bugging me and I don't know how much it's been discussed. The MC knows something bad will happen to Bella. I hope DPC doesn't kick us in the balls AL style when we least expect it.
Well if we go by AL... All was well till maybe the final 2 updates... Time will tell I suppose
That being said... No should mean No...

He does? Perhaps some crazy reveal about her husband but I'm not sure what else could really happen to her. He won't go down the AL route twice.
Are you sure about this? There is a plethora of ways to create a fire scenario without an actual fire...

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Am I the only one who just loves this rooster thing? The characters, especially those side ones, feel even more real like this, as if they really had a life of their own when they are not appearing in the scenes and you as the MC feel part of the social life of the college.
Imo this is just one of the hundreds of things that make this game truly special
yup it's amazing and no other games has this if I'm not wrong.. on the other side bro, you are never the only one, this goes for every single thing hehe

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
So with this update the game will be considered complete and done? Had no idea the ending was so imminent but was a hell of a journey and one of the funniest ive ever played. Hopefully the wait will not be too long now, I tend to recommend this game as the one they should try if they are interested in trying an adult game as its got appeal that hits practically anyone with its insane comedy moments, great art and engaging characters. Honestly there is little I can say I want improved on it and itll be a shame when its completed in many ways and other projects get started instead.

Anthony11553

Feb 9, 2020
So with this update the game will be considered complete and done? Had no idea the ending was so imminent but was a hell of a journey and one of the funniest ive ever played. Hopefully the wait will not be too long now, I tend to recommend this game as the one they should try if they are interested in trying an adult game as its got appeal that hits practically anyone with its insane comedy moments, great art and engaging characters. Honestly there is little I can say I want improved on it and itll be a shame when its completed in many ways and other projects get started instead.
wait what?

Triaxe

Mar 16, 2019
Well, good news for you, the game is nowhere near done. There'll be quite a few more updates in the future!

Reactions: Darkmetal and Skode

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Well, good news for you, the game is nowhere near done. There'll be quite a few more updates in the future!
Awesome! I was confused and clearly over thought the terminology PinkCake was using as he was refering to the upcoming work as being a full game episodes 1-5 8gb download. Full game to me usually means well... full game, im glad I was completely off the mark here and it continues for a long time to come. Thanks for the clarification.

D

Deleted member 2282431

Still don't get why MC is pissed at Josy & Maya? That is like guaranteed daily 3-way heaven... We already know that he has deep feelings for Josy and is developing deep feelings for Maya and honestly what guy would get pissed that they are a couple and both like him too?

HyperNinja7

Oct 10, 2017
Do you guys think we are getting a release date tomorrow?
I think we’re getting the changelog at least which is something to see the scale of the update at least. It was mentioned in last week’s status update that we’d get the changelog this week.

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
everyone pls help everytime i download and play Being a Dik this error shows up
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png'>:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpy", line 156, in <module>
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpyc", line 156, in script
�y��,���G��uP���)qs�C�ao����V�q�93�7��:yu�FW�g��4xS�ĕ@�
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 247, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 154, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 763, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Exception: Could not load image u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png': error('Failed to decode WEBP',)

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Are you sure about this? There is a plethora of ways to create a fire scenario without an actual fire...
Well let's say he does make a sort of AL scenario in this would you be happy about it? I really hope we avoid anything bad that happened from the previous game. All I expect is a few twists in the story but nothing as dark.

everyone pls help everytime i download and play Being a Dik this error shows up
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/classes/math101/math_cheat.png'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/classes/english101/english_test1.rpyc", line 156, in script
�y��,���G��uP���)qs�C�ao����V�q�93�7��:yu�FW�g��4xS�ĕ@�
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 3191, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\core.py", line 2091, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 546, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 763, in render
rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 584, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\im.py", line 629, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "D:\HARSTYLE MUSIC\GAMES\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc-compressed\renpy\display\pgrender.py", line 162, in load_image
raise Exception("Could not load image {!r}: {!r}".format(filename, e))
Use the fix here https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-4-2-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-2874159

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Awesome! I was confused and clearly over thought the terminology PinkCake was using as he was refering to the upcoming work as being a full game episodes 1-5 8gb download. Full game to me usually means well... full game, im glad I was completely off the mark here and it continues for a long time to come. Thanks for the clarification.
I think you're like the 2nd or 3rd person in recent days to ask if this game is done and I'm not sure why that is, but this game is far from done. Eps 1-4 were simply the first season, and the game will be 10-20 episodes long, with the likely minimum being 12 episodes and 3 seasons.

What DPC was talking about with regards to game size is that those who already have the game will be able to download a small 2GB patch for it and that will add on ep 5 to the main game, but those who do not have the game will have to download the full version which will be 8GB. This also applies to people who have the game but have applied mods to it, because you need a clean version for the patch to work and if you don't re-download the 6GB 0.4.2 version of the game before the update, then you'll have to get the 8GB 0.5 version.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

I promised a preliminary changelog for Episode 5 this week and here it is.
Please note, that it is subject to change after further testing.

Changelog v0.5.0
Added Episode 5 that includes

• 2456 renders
  • 157 animations
  • 25 songs
  • 18 sound effects
  • Added an icon to indicate if a Cluck in Rooster is new.
  • Fixed a bug where you could repeatedly play guitar in Isabella's home during her free-roam event in Episode 4.
  • You can now use whitespace (space) in the save names.
  • Updated the Chat and Swyper apps chat interface.
  • When you unlock new gallery pictures in Swyper, the main menu of Swyper will show indicators for it.
  • Swapped the end credits for a code-based variant.
  • Changed the backend calculation of unlocked renders.
  • Corrected typos
Beta testing and proofreading will likely start sometime next week and it will take a while. I'm waiting for one final animation to render and I have a bit of polishing left before beta can start. When I get a grasp of how long it will take, I will have a release date ready for you.

Have a nice weekend
Dr PinkCake

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Still don't get why MC is pissed at Josy & Maya? That is like guaranteed daily 3-way heaven... We already know that he has deep feelings for Josy and is developing deep feelings for Maya and honestly what guy would get pissed that they are a couple and both like him too?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
P.S. Keep any responses in spoiler tags so that those who are tired of this topic don't have to see it. ;)

Reactions: Carnagie
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes