Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
The MC is at that stage where everything is a new experience for him sure he's not the brightest but it's probably a lot for him to take in. At least he's not at Dawe or Anthony levels :LOL:
True, or worse still Arieth. :confused:

He certainly scores plenty despite bumbling around clueless, so who am I to argue with his methods. :)

Reactions: Mormont

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Replaying from the start. Anybody knows where the fuck is Camila's 6th special render? Pic related 43242.jpg

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Check the walkthrough, it tells you where exactly.
Yeah, I've checked. Got the Heather scene on the first free roam in EP4 on the Sage path, but no render unlock. It's no biggie, I'm just checking if is there something else that's not specificially mentioned in the walkthrough that needs doing.

Dec 20, 2019
Yeah, I've checked. Got the Heather scene on the first free roam in EP4 on the Sage path, but no render unlock. It's no biggie, I'm just checking if is there something else that's not specificially mentioned in the walkthrough that needs doing.
You are in the Sage path? It's on the floor behind the "table?" on the left hand side outside the sauna. I missed it too and it's a bit hard to click on. Page 137 of the official walkthrough.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I don't view Quinn as a criminal mastermind. To me she's just a petty criminal who thinks she's a big fish. She's no Stringer Bell (or even Avon Barksdale), she just controls a corner (in this case the campus). She has a modicum of control over her runners, her hoes and some of her clients, but that's it. I'm not saying she's gotten dillusions of grandeur, but it has made her bite off more than she can chew and every attempt to spin things back tighter into her control so far is back-firing. It's quite entertaining to watch.

Remplier

Jun 16, 2018
I don't view Quinn as a criminal mastermind. To me she's just a petty criminal who thinks she's a big fish. She's no Stringer Bell (or even Avon Barksdale), she just controls a corner (in this case the campus). She has a modicum of control over her runners, her hoes and some of her clients, but that's it. I'm not saying she's gotten dillusions of grandeur, but it has made her bite off more than she can chew and every attempt to spin things back tighter into her control so far is back-firing. It's quite entertaining to watch.
I definitely agree... and in episode 4 she opens up to the MC, which shows vulnerability on her part, regardless of whether it's too late for her to change her ways (and that probably depends, to some extent, on the MC's actions). She is definitely not as big a threat as Tommy. If we had to compare her to another female character, at this stage I'd be more wary of the Women's Studies professor, because we know far less about her.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
During his way from straightening the goods to the shelf, MC more or less antagonized the following people:

Steve, Troy, Chad, Dawe, Quinn, Tommy and Tybald.
(I do not count optional content, only main story).

There will be others in time. We can expect that some of them become closer with MC when we get to know them better. We have already had some turn with Steve. I see the possibility of change in relation dynamic with Troy, Chad, Tommy and Quinn, for whom we have clear hints that we are missing some information. Which of them will remain the antagonist and who will be our friend?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -VQueS-

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I definitely agree... and in episode 4 she opens up to the MC, which shows vulnerability on her part, regardless of whether it's too late for her to change her ways (and that probably depends, to some extent, on the MC's actions). She is definitely not as big a threat as Tommy. If we had to compare her to another female character, at this stage I'd be more wary of the Women's Studies professor, because we know far less about her.
Not sure if I personally want to go so far as to redeem her. It might have become apparent that I'm not the world's biggest Quinn fan and if the story takes us to "she did the crime, now she'll do the time" this is one player who won't shed a tear.

However it is quite clear that there are one or more tiers of criminal above her, and if in future episodes it is revealed she was as manipulated as she is manipulative, I might be persuaded to change my mind. As for who might be the one pulling her strings, the further a story moves along, the less likely (but not impossible) it is that it is an as-of-yet unintroduced character. There's already been a lot of speculation (and that's all we have right now, speculation). I'd be surprised if it was any of the students, some of them might seem to have a loose standard of morals, but they also seem to lack a certain ruthlessness and lack of intelligence to be behind this pending shitstorm. So that leaves the faculty.

I'm inclined to dismiss Jade though. She never struck me as more than a character in a broken, loveless marriage who's looking for some adventure/payback for her husband's affairs. She's also quite volatile when her emotions come to the surface. Her husband (whom, BTW, I deem a Fucking Dumbass for cheating on Jade) seems to be motivated only by his dick. Cathy seems the more calculating and in-control type if we are comparing faculty. And we know less of her than we know of Jade.

Of course, this game could throw me a curveball and make Bella the mastermind. And leave me absolutely heartbroken. I wouldn't put it past DPC at this point....

Remplier

Jun 16, 2018
Not sure if I personally want to go so far as to redeem her. It might have become apparent that I'm not the world's biggest Quinn fan and if the story takes us to "she did the crime, now she'll do the time" this is one player who won't shed a tear.

However it is quite clear that there are one or more tiers of criminal above her, and if in future episodes it is revealed she was as manipulated as she is manipulative, I might be persuaded to change my mind. As for who might be the one pulling her strings, the further a story moves along, the less likely (but not impossible) it is that it is an as-of-yet unintroduced character. There's already been a lot of speculation (and that's all we have right now, speculation). I'd be surprised if it was any of the students, some of them might seem to have a loose standard of morals, but they also seem to lack a certain ruthlessness and lack of intelligence to be behind this pending shitstorm. So that leaves the faculty.

I'm inclined to dismiss Jade though. She never struck me as more than a character in a broken, loveless marriage who's looking for some adventure/payback for her husband's affairs. She's also quite volatile when her emotions come to the surface. Her husband (whom, BTW, I deem a Fucking Dumbass for cheating on Jade) seems to be motivated only by his dick. Cathy seems the more calculating and in-control type if we are comparing faculty. And we know less of her than we know of Jade.

Of course, this game could throw me a curveball and make Bella the mastermind. And leave me absolutely heartbroken. I wouldn't put it past DPC at this point....
Completely on point, dude. It is easy to forget that there are still a lot of unknowns, and that includes characters we haven't met yet, so I agree that this threat hanging over the MC goes wellll beyond Tommy, Quinn, and the likes of them. And I am also not feeling a lot of sympathy for her, considering how manipulative and duplicitous she has been, but that also depends on her actions in future episodes.

Reactions: KinkierThanThou

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Regarding Stephen, I would say he is motivated by greed as a whole. Jade talks about how he seeks to earn money long after they are rich, and for all his cheating he doesn't seem to want Jade out of his life.

I think he's just a guy who always wants more: more money, more authority, more sex. Sure, he married a hottie like Jade, but even better to bang a few young girls on the side too, right? (This does not mean he isn't also a dumbass, of course.)

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Regarding Stephen, I would say he is motivated by greed as a whole. Jade talks about how he seeks to earn money long after they are rich, and for all his cheating he doesn't seem to want Jade out of his life.

I think he's just a guy who always wants more: more money, more authority, more sex. Sure, he married a hottie like Jade, but even better to bang a few young girls on the side too, right? (This does not mean he isn't also a dumbass, of course.)
That's quite a good point. And he wouldn't be the first villain for whom Greed proved to be his downfall. But on the other hand, to me he is not written very interestingly. So I kind of dismiss him, because even Chad, or the head NERD is more interesting than Mr. Jade.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Well, I for one would like to see a redemptive arc for Quinn because I like the whole "bad-girl-gone-good" thing, and I'm also quite partial to those aloof, punk looking girls as well. :love:

To me, it feels like she just went with the easy option in financing the HOTs (drugs and sex), and maybe she already had some connections with people who could set her up with drugs to supply to people in the college. It's impulsive, brazen, and doomed to fail, but she thinks she has a handle on it and the arrogance will be her downfall. But deep down I think she knows she's getting in too deep, especially since she looks shit scared during that scene with Riona when they're discussing the order for the Jocks.

Quinn needs a good (metaphorical) kick up the ass to set her straight, and having some serious repurcussions for her actions would do just that. If the Cathy pic causes serious problems for the DIKs and this in turn causes problems for her businesses, it could land her in trouble with her supplier(s) and then, whether by hook or by crook, she enlists the help of the MC and over the course of these events she learns valuable lessons, makes amends, and becomes a better character.

This is something I'd really like to see for Quinn, and even though she could still be a spunky spitfire at the end, she'd be a better spunky spitfire who doesn't use people anymore or gets in deep with bad people and illicit ventures.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
That's quite a good point. And he wouldn't be the first villain for whom Greed proved to be his downfall. But on the other hand, to me he is not written very interestingly. So I kind of dismiss him, because even Chad, or the head NERD is more interesting than Mr. Jade.
He's been written to look spineless which he is but looking from the outside of Jade's relationship she is clearly the one that wears the trousers in that relationship :LOL:

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Well, I for one would like to see a redemptive arc for Quinn because I like the whole "bad-girl-gone-good" thing, and I'm also quite partial to those aloof, punk looking girls as well. :love:

To me, it feels like she just went with the easy option in financing the HOTs (drugs and sex), and maybe she already had some connections with people who could set her up with drugs to supply to people in the college. It's impulsive, brazen, and doomed to fail, but she thinks she has a handle on it and the arrogance will be her downfall. But deep down I think she knows she's getting in too deep, especially since she looks shit scared during that scene with Riona when they're discussing the order for the Jocks.

Quinn needs a good (metaphorical) kick up the ass to set her straight, and having some serious repurcussions for her actions would do just that. If the Cathy pic causes serious problems for the DIKs and this in turn causes problems for her businesses, it could land her in trouble with her supplier(s) and then, whether by hook or by crook, she enlists the help of the MC and over the course of these events she learns valuable lessons, makes amends, and becomes a better character.

This is something I'd really like to see for Quinn, and even though she could still be a spunky spitfire at the end, she'd be a better spunky spitfire who doesn't use people anymore or gets in deep with bad people and illicit ventures.
If that's the way the story goes then I'd be more than okay with it. I'm still not sticking my dick into her though. To me, she's not one of the main 5, so I'm interested to see how it plays out, but not invested if that makes sense.

4.80 star(s) 1,525 Votes