JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
That always make me troubled...the affinity thing. The minor choices don't seen to matter much in the big picture DPC is painting, only the major choices. It's strange that you can be a fucking asshole and have CHICK affinity.
Oh Ok It's only the major ones that really matter then! Cool

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Same here. It is to black and white. The implication is that, sooner or later, DIK's cant say/do nice things and Chicks cant occasionally be an asshole. The world doesn't work that way
A good way to balance that would be to not remove the bars that are limiting our choices and whatnot. Just change the way people act towards you, but not the way you act... it makes every choice seen so final when irl is not like that.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Just get rid of the major choices bar. Make a major choice add/subtract Dik/Chick points at a much higher number. The way the Major choices bar currently works is that it makes it so people can never change no matter what past a certain point.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
did dr.pinkcake say how many episodes he has planned?
I've read on here that it was going to be 12, however, Hell Week was supposed to take place within a single update and instead got stretched over 2 updates which suggests that number may have increased.

Reactions: jackkane

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I've read on here that it was going to be 12, however, Hell Week was supposed to take place within a single update and instead got stretched over 2 updates which suggests that number may have increased.
Yeah I have a feeling it's going to get bloated quite a bit. Some of this stuff is going to be kind of hard to tie off in reasonably acceptable solution and were only 5 episodes in. Imagine all the drama we still have coming

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Just get rid of the major choices bar. Make a major choice add/subtract Dik/Chick points at a much higher number. The way the Major choices bar currently works is that it makes it so people can never change no matter what past a certain point.
Yeah, i thought that we had reached middle way that point with Maya&Josy, but after watching their interections with the MC in ep5... it kind of shoves you their way.
Not that i'm against it, it makes sense that feelings won't disappear like that. And while i'm speaking of that, i felt that the MC acts more cold towards their relationship than Maya or Josy does, like his feelings kind of disappeared (especially in comparison with Maya). I may be speaking bullshit, but i only played ep5 once so far, didn't quite get everything.

Edit1: I get that he made his bed with his choices, but still... it was just a feeling.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah I have a feeling it's going to get bloated quite a bit. Some of this stuff is going to be kind of hard to tie off in reasonably acceptable solution and were only 5 episodes in. Imagine all the drama we still have coming
And that's really going to suck for the single route players when they realise the consequences of rejecting certain LIs. Imagine waiting 4 months to download a 5GB update and only seeing 40 renders and 80 lines of dialogue because you've picked a lane and stuck rigidly to it, rejecting the alternate paths for 2 years :ROFLMAO:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I think the Major Choices are fine in terms of possibly coming back to bite the MC later, like fighting with Troy and not going further with Jade, but off chunks from the status bar was kind of an odd choice especially since I've screenshots posted here that show people are still able to Massive DIK status despite having lost all those nodules.

Instead, those Major Choices simply could have been for a separate counter that adds on pieces for each choice in either direction rather than take pieces off another counter.

People are hoping it's 12 because then we'd be done in just 2 more years and 3 seasons feels like a good enough number.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Instead, those Major Choices simply could have been for a separate counter that adds on pieces for each choice in either direction rather than take pieces off another counter.
I agree with that idea. We could've started with smaller bars and each choice made us have more options towards that particular way of acting, plus changing how other characters see us.

• Angry
Reactions: lonerboner

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
DPC won't change the gameplay at this point, so everyone will need to wrap their heads around it. DPC likes to herd players into discrete paths apparently.

Don't see the problem with the affinity mechanic personally.

If your major decisions involve fighting, drugs, prostitution etc. the 'nice' people think you're an ass and don't want to associate with the MC (some CHICK options become unavailable).

If your major decisions avoid partying and laddish behaviour, the 'party' people think you're boring and don't want to hang with the MC (some DIK options become unavailable).

Changing the mechanic to only CHICK/DIK points wouldn't change the results anyway (mostly DIK choices leading to being locked out of CHICK events and vice versa).

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Yep. Probably didn't need both since it causes a whole lot of confusion and can put the MC on 2 entirely different spectrums at the same time.
And considering the vast ammount of people saying they didn't get Jill's shower scene tells me that's pretty common, people having DIK affinity and CHICK status.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes