ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
In the real world, sure. In fiction, I disagree.

In the real world, all these characters have their own lives that continue with or without MC. But in fiction, they don't. In fiction, characters are only relevant to the story being told. The story of MC. Anyone who exists outside of that story, essentially, doesn't exist at all.

Which brings me to...

What happens to Sage and Chad if your MC doesn't get involved? Nothing. You, the player, have made the choice not to bring them into your story. As such, whatever path their theoretical lives may take is of no relevance to your MC. You have chosen to omit them from your story.

Making the Sage/Chad story continue without MC would, I agree, make his choices inconsequential. Making the story simply go away, unfinished, because MC has no reason to be invested and thus neither do we as the player, makes MC's actions of paramount importance, as it literally determines which characters get a place in the story at all. DPC doesn't need to write versions where characters' lives go when MC isn't involved, because it's MC's story. If MC isn't involved, they don't matter.
I disagree. Everything in a story ultimately happens at the whim of the author, but that doesn't mean the story need not concern itself with anything that happens beyond sight of the player. Attending to the actions of those off-screen, or following up on the consequences of actions previously taken, is part of building up the world the story takes place in.

Yes, an MC might choose not to become Sage's fuck buddy. But that doesn't mean the MC can't have other interactions with Sage, and it certainly doesn't mean the player isn't interested in what happens to her.

Making the Sage/Chad story continue without the MC only obviates our choices if the story plays out the same way in each case. If it plays out differently (say, either Sage becomes our girlfriend in one version, and Chad becomes a decent boyfriend to Sage in the other), that not only preserves the value of our choice, it also gives us more insight into the characters and ties up loose ends the player might otherwise wonder about.

If the whole Sage/Chad drama is dropped without any explanation for those who don't pursue Sage, it wastes all the time spent building it up in the first place. Better to give it some sort of resolution, even if it turns out not to be a primary focus.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I agree. I think a lot of people conflate Affinity with morality, which doesn't have to be the case at all.

Who else fucks every every girl he can and is more than happy to get into a fist fight with anyone from Kingons to Gorns?
Captain James T Kirk = DIK
Who never got laid in 7 seasons and prefers diplomacy over fights whenever possible?
Captain Jean Luc Picard = CHICK

It's a difference in personality and attitude, not about making "good" vs "evil" choices.
You sir are a genius with that analogy. I bow to you and your superior intellect. Both of them still do good but one certainly has a lot more "Style".

Edit - I want to be Kirk :cool:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I agree. I think a lot of people conflate Affinity with morality, which doesn't have to be the case at all.

Who else fucks every every girl he can and is more than happy to get into a fist fight with anyone from Kingons to Gorns?
Captain James T Kirk = DIK
Who never got laid in 7 seasons and prefers diplomacy over fights whenever possible?
Captain Jean Luc Picard = CHICK

It's a difference in personality and attitude, not about making "good" vs "evil" choices.
Hang on, you seriously expect me to believe Picard didn't get laid in Lessons? Ridiculous!

Good point otherwise. :p

Reactions: Darkmetal

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
After finishing my Maya & Josy route playthrough I find it fucking hilarious how their tasks not including the sexual ones are pretty much just a shopping list for Quinn lmao she's such a scumbag. I hope she doesn't come to my MC for any sort of help because she isn't getting shit. When she inevitably gets her self in deep shit she'll be on her own.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Till the next debate, you just had :LOL: this game seems to bring out the fiercest of debates in us sometimes we will be right or wrong and things get lost in translation.
That's cause most of it is all just wild speculation that we can't back up because none of us know how or where this is going. Hell I pissed off 2 people the other day with 2 of my theories, bad enough to get mass slammed with "facepalm emoji's"x19 in like less than 5 minutes. Meh its all part of the game :giggle:

Last edited:

AshramAscendant

Apr 28, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers

I know i am a little bit late on replying to this message, but GD that scene fucked me up. You gave me the feels in a bad way.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
those are great pal ! Will ask for a signature from you, that's for sure haha

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lusikun

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Meh I do it too. I realized like our 2nd or 3rd message in that we were arguing almost the same thing
So, since we realise we're now on the same page, do you think we might get some kind of classic montage scene where the DIKs clean and fix up the mansion in an upcoming episode? Every time I think of something like that I get this tune in my head - .

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes