ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah, I find it interesting that all she offers Rich is weed. No coke, meth, morphine etc. While what she's been selling the jocks (Birth Control pills or sugar masquerading as them) is also kind of weak sauce.

In terms of addiction, I think both Tommy and Riona are in deeper than Quinn. So if DPC has anyone ODing in the game (and I am not saying there will be any at all), it'll be between those two methinks.
Maybe, but I think Quinn is pretty hooked. She is clearly using some fairly hard stuff, harder than anything we've seen Riona use. Based on the scene at the start of Episode 2, she had to talk Tommy into using whatever they injected. She can say it isn't addictive, but I wouldn't trust her word on that when she was sober, much less when she was high!

On top of that, Quinn's actions are, IMHO, the most unhinged of the known drug users. Sure, Tommy is a complete jackass freeloading off others, but that feels more like entitlement than addiction. And even he realized her plan to ditch the DIKs was doomed to failure. Riona has been calling out Quinn's idiocy since we first learned there was a problem.

Quinn, meanwhile, thought she could solve the problem of telling Tommy by avoiding him. She tried to sell drugs to Tybalt, and was only saved from her own stupidity by the fact Tybalt pawned her off on Rich. She is, to all appearances, trying to bring Ashley and Maya into her prostitution ring, and based on how she handled Mona's defection, doesn't have much of a plan if they spill the beans.

People will often do irrational things, so it could just be that Quinn is headstrong and unable to face consequences. But that doesn't mean the drugs aren't playing a part, too. It certainly wouldn't surprise me to learn the root of her shortage is that Quinn has been using more and more drugs to cope with all the problems coming up.

The drug arc is only just getting started, so we'll see where it goes. But I don't think it's coincidence that Quinn is at its center.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Did John Boy hear Rusty and his Dad's conversation? He doesn't know anything, all he knows is that Rusty said his Dad won't pay to fix it this time. They don't know anything about anything other than for the immediate future because Rusty didn't say anything about later. Dude you are literally turning an immediate conversation into a permanent fact of life.

No the MC's conversation is all about this is the time we are supposed to grow up and become adults, how can we do this if we depend on others. How are we ever going to become self reliant if we rely on others. It has absolutely nothing to do with OMG Rusty is NEVER going to get ANY money EVER again as long as he lives so we are now screwed.

No it wouldn't be meaningless if the MC gets the DIk's to support themselves rather than rely on others. That's called growing up, it's a coming of age story. Just because I became an adult, it didn't mean my parent's cut me off. It meant that I chose to try to support myself rather than rely on other people. Not that I couldn't have called home or asked my parent's for help if I REALLY needed it. I chose not to, to try to stand on my own two feet.

Maybe that's what Rusty's Dad is trying to do as well. He thinks maybe if I make them struggle "this" time they will realize that they need to grow up and support themselves. Maybe Rusty's Dad thinks they need to get out of the bubble as well. That in no way implies that Rusty is cutoff. It's called growing up dude and we all have to do it at some point or we will always be little spoiled brats crying for mommy and daddy to save us from the cold, cruel world.
The DIKs are cut off from Rusty's Dad's money, that's what this is about. They have to start operating like a proper frat house from now on by working to support it themselves if they don't want the frat to go under. This doesn't mean that Rusty personally has no money, it just means that the DIKs can no longer rely on Rusty's Dad to support them as he has been doing.

Rusty's Dad bought the DIK mansion, he will have likely also paid for all the furnishings, and will have been paying all the bills and providing money to Rusty to help pay for their parties and other expenses. He was basically the DIK bank account, and now he isn't and probably won't be again because he's probably sick of paying for it all.

Yes, this will probably be a lesson for Rusty and all the other DIKs to learn to stand on their own two feet, but once they learn that lesson and become more self-sufficient, Rusty's Dad isn't going to start funding them again. This will be it for the DIKs from now on; to operate like every other frat and sorority by supporting themselves rather than being supported by someone with deep pockets.

ThatGuyWho

Jun 8, 2020
The DIKs are cut off from Rusty's Dad's money, that's what this is about. They have to start operating like a proper frat house from now on by working to support it themselves if they don't want the frat to go under. This doesn't mean that Rusty personally has no money, it just means that the DIKs can no longer rely on Rusty's Dad to support them as he has been doing.

Rusty's Dad bought the DIK mansion, he will have likely also paid for all the furnishings, and will have been paying all the bills and providing money to Rusty to help pay for their parties and other expenses. He was basically the DIK bank account, and now he isn't and probably won't be again because he's probably sick of paying for it all.

Yes, this will probably be a lesson for Rusty and all the other DIKs to learn to stand on their own two feet, but once they learn that lesson and become more self-sufficient, Rusty's Dad isn't going to start funding them again. This will be it for the DIKs from now on; to operate like every other frat and sorority by supporting themselves rather than being supported by someone with deep pockets.
That's exactly what happened. I don't know what all this speech analysis was about, it's a simple matter.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017

You do realize we are arguing the same point only you said Rusty got cut off and I say he didn't, right?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
No we are literally arguing the exact same point except Holy Bacchus seems to think Rusty got cut off permanently and I don't think he did.
I don't think that, I just said "Rusty" when I mean "the DIKs". When I said "Rusty is cut off", I meant in terms of being cut off from the funding to support the DIKs, not from his own money.

I think we just got some wires crossed here.

You do realize we are arguing the same point only you said Rusty got cut off and I say he didn't, right?
I do now. Just thought that when I said "Rusty" in this context, it would be known what I meant.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
Aka instant gratification vs long-term rewards. Yes, right Dik is the better choice if you want sex but I expect that to turn around later in development.

It's why I have mulitiple saves.
You don't need multiple saves. Just edit you score using DIK = XXX or CHICK = XXX

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Maybe, but I think Quinn is pretty hooked. She is clearly using some fairly hard stuff, harder than anything we've seen Riona use. Based on the scene at the start of Episode 2, she had to talk Tommy into using whatever they injected. She can say it isn't addictive, but I wouldn't trust her word on that when she was sober, much less when she was high!

On top of that, Quinn's actions are, IMHO, the most unhinged of the known drug users. Sure, Tommy is a complete jackass freeloading off others, but that feels more like entitlement than addiction. And even he realized her plan to ditch the DIKs was doomed to failure. Riona has been calling out Quinn's idiocy since we first learned there was a problem.

Quinn, meanwhile, thought she could solve the problem of telling Tommy by avoiding him. She tried to sell drugs to Tybalt, and was only saved from her own stupidity by the fact Tybalt pawned her off on Rich. She is, to all appearances, trying to bring Ashley and Maya into her prostitution ring, and based on how she handled Mona's defection, doesn't have much of a plan if they spill the beans.

People will often do irrational things, so it could just be that Quinn is headstrong and unable to face consequences. But that doesn't mean the drugs aren't playing a part, too. It certainly wouldn't surprise me to learn the root of her shortage is that Quinn has been using more and more drugs to cope with all the problems coming up.

The drug arc is only just getting started, so we'll see where it goes. But I don't think it's coincidence that Quinn is at its center.
There could be things we're not seeing in the drug arc. I'm not so sure Quinn's unhinged or using but rather trying to paddle as fast as she can out of vortex that may be of someone else's making. (Think there's too much weirdness going on in terms of finances for it merely to be personal use causing issues)

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I can only understand what you type. You said Rusty not the DIK's
I know, this is why I sometimes don't like non-verbal communication because it's hard to know what a person really means at times.

Anyway, sorry for getting worked up about all that. Hope we're still good? :giggle:

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
If choices of the MC are going to matter, then at some stage life has to go on for the LIs not chosen along a different path.
In the real world, sure. In fiction, I disagree.

In the real world, all these characters have their own lives that continue with or without MC. But in fiction, they don't. In fiction, characters are only relevant to the story being told. The story of MC. Anyone who exists outside of that story, essentially, doesn't exist at all.

Which brings me to...

In the case of Sage, if MC does not pursue her, does it mean she will stay with Chad indefinitely instead or will that breakup still occur regardless, making whatever the MC does or doesn't do largely inconsequential?
What happens to Sage and Chad if your MC doesn't get involved? Nothing. You, the player, have made the choice not to bring them into your story. As such, whatever path their theoretical lives may take is of no relevance to your MC. You have chosen to omit them from your story.

Making the Sage/Chad story continue without MC would, I agree, make his choices inconsequential. Making the story simply go away, unfinished, because MC has no reason to be invested and thus neither do we as the player, makes MC's actions of paramount importance, as it literally determines which characters get a place in the story at all. DPC doesn't need to write versions where characters' lives go when MC isn't involved, because it's MC's story. If MC isn't involved, they don't matter.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I know, this is why I sometimes don't like non-verbal communication because it's hard to know what a person really means at times.

Anyway, sorry for getting worked up about all that. Hope we're still good? :giggle:
I never hate anyone. Not worth the energy consumption. I'm an old school raver dude. "PLUR" is my life motto. "Peace, Love, Unity, Respect" We're still good.

Edit - Yeah can't read tone.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I never hate anyone. Not worth the energy consumption. I'm an old school raver dude. "PLUR" is my life motto. "Peace, Love, Unity, Respect" We're still good.

Edit - Yeah can't read tone.
To be fair, it's not just tone, I should have been clearer in what I wrote so the blame's all on me. Probably would have avoided all those long rants if I had been. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to help her on the Dik or that the type of help should equate to a chick choice.
I agree. I think a lot of people conflate Affinity with morality, which doesn't have to be the case at all.

Who else fucks every every girl he can and is more than happy to get into a fist fight with anyone from Kingons to Gorns?
Captain James T Kirk = DIK
Who never got laid in 7 seasons and prefers diplomacy over fights whenever possible?
Captain Jean Luc Picard = CHICK

It's a difference in personality and attitude, not about making "good" vs "evil" choices.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
To be fair, it's not just tone, I should have been clearer in what I wrote so the blame's all on me. Probably would have avoided all those long rants if I had been. :ROFLMAO:
Meh I do it too. I realized like our 2nd or 3rd message in that we were arguing almost the same thing

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes