Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
What exactly is there to ignore? Rusty says his Dad told him, "Enough is enough", with regards to helping him out, John Boy asks, "Is this it for us"?, and Rusty says, "
How about the rest of the sentence. "Enough is enough he said. He wont pay for it this time."
"I don't have enough money to fix this and to continue to run the frat the way we've done." The whole way he says that is all about right now or how they did it in the past. No mention of in the future. Rusty is thinking about present tense not future. Rusty is literally talking about immediate needs, not a single mention of what their going to do later. RIGHT NOW!

Again I think your reading into it to much.

Reactions: ThePresident451

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Look's like his biggest problem is going to be the MC but seriously the way he has acted makes me care less about him I thought it was all going to change when we spoke to him in ep4 at the Pink Rose but it seems that will not be the case.
Nope Tommy needs to wake up and stop using other people. He wants to get it all and not have to work for it. Here's Rusty growing up and Tommy realizes the free ride is over and what's he do? Walks away like a bitch.

Stark9999999

Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, I find it interesting that all she offers Rich is weed. No coke, meth, morphine etc. While what she's been selling the jocks (Birth Control pills or sugar masquerading as them) is also kind of weak sauce.

In terms of addiction, I think both Tommy and Riona are in deeper than Quinn. So if DPC has anyone ODing in the game (and I am not saying there will be any at all), it'll be between those two methinks.
Agreed but you seem to have left out the potential serious consequences from Dawe's sugar withdrawal. Now that Quinn is no longer providing him with those sugar pills we're looking at the worlds largest sugar crash, tantrum and nap cycle. May not hear any more of Dawe's incredible thoughts for multiple episodes.

Teflonmike

Jul 15, 2019
I downloaded the patch from 4.0 to 5.1 but the game won't update. According to the info in the patch file it won't work if the game has been modded, I was using the scrappy mod but I have no idea which file/s to remove. I think it's probably best to reinstall the entire game. Doe's anyone have a save file from the end of the 4.0 update?

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Agreed but you seem to have left out the potential serious consequences from Dawe's sugar withdrawal. Now that Quinn is no longer providing him with those sugar pills we're looking at the worlds largest sugar crash, tantrum and nap cycle. May not hear any more of Dawe's incredible thoughts for multiple episodes.
Nah mate, the most important info we got is that Dawe's straw dick problem has got nothing to do with steroids after all since he's only taking sugar. He just has a straw dick, period. :LOL:

Note: Re the money debate. Getting "cut off" is not the same as Rusty's dad not paying for the Frat. His dad is still paying his tuition, clothing, car, lifestyle etc. just not any more for the Frat (for now). Rusty is not "cut off."

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
How about the rest of the sentence. "Enough is enough he said. He wont pay for it this time."
"I don't have enough money to fix this and to continue to run the frat the way we've done." The whole way he says that is all about right now or how they did it in the past. No mention of in the future. Rusty is thinking about present tense not future. Rusty is literally talking about immediate needs, not a single mention of what their going to do later. RIGHT NOW!

Again I think your reading into it to much.
Then why does John Boy say, "Is this it for us?", if this is only a temporary problem? Sure, they don't have enough money to make the repairs and continue to have parties in the immediate future and now they have to choose which one is the priority, but if they know that they'll still get funding after repairing the house with the money they have, why are they so despondent? Why are they acting like it's the end of the DIKs if it's only a temporary problem?

It would also completely undercut the point of the MC's speech if he was basically just saying, "let's support ourselves temporarily so we can fix the house and then go back to having Rusty's Dad pay for everything". The MC's speech was about him telling them that this is not the way things should be and that they should be supporting themselves through their own hard work rather than have someone else support them.

This is meant to be a sea change moment for the DIKs, where they stop living the easy life and "getting everything for free" by working to pay their own way and to support each other and their frat. It would be absolutely meaningless if Rusty's Dad simply isn't paying for the repairs but will still continue to fund the DIKs. That's why Tommy storms out, because he doesn't want to do any work, he just wants it all handed to him but what he's become accustomed to has now changed for good and he won't accept it.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
If Quinn needs helps(pls give us option to be able to if that's the case) my guess it'll be less over the use of drugs given she doesn't display particular addict behaviour(and given many of MC's will be pot users) but helping out regarding problems she has with her dealer financially or freeing her from whatever hold they are exerting over her. I'm curious about the situation as to who the dealer is, whether it might be an unpleasant ex of hers or someone we've met.
It's certainly a possibility I'd imagine more so on the dik route and we've done all the scenes with Quinn the texting she and the MC had was very interesting it felt like she wanted to reach out more to the MC but stopped herself now that has me the most intrigued about her will that go further and will she ask us for help? I think it's been said that Vinny might be the dealer.

galora

Cute as a button
Donor
Oct 15, 2019
Oh thank god thought it was more than a bugfix... Oh man first reaction was SHIT an 8GB game I can't pass on has come out... how am I going to make space, and I'll need to wait for hours. :WutFace:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
That's because the whole 2.1 GB patch is all that's been shared (or at least reported as being shared). You can apply the patch to v0.5.0 if you encountered any bugs.
Yes, I read about that after writing that post.
Thanks for your efforts uploading stuff ;)

Reactions: fauxplayer

ThatGuyWho

Jun 8, 2020
If, in the future, we get the opportunity to help Quinn, please make it be a Chick decision. It would be stupid to lock a good deed behind a jerk route.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Then why does John Boy say, "Is this it for us?", if this is only a temporary problem? Sure, they don't have enough money to make the repairs and continue to have parties in the immediate future and now they have to choose which one is the priority, but if they know that they'll still get funding after repairing the house with the money they have, why are they so despondent? Why are they acting like it's the end of the DIKs if it's only a temporary problem?

It would also completely undercut the point of the MC's speech if he was basically just saying, "let's support ourselves temporarily so we can fix the house and then go back to having Rusty's Dad pay for everything". The MC's speech was about him telling them that this is not the way things should be and that they should be supporting themselves through their own hard work themselves rather than have someone else support them.

This is meant to be a sea change moment for the DIKs, where they stop living the easy life and "getting everything for free" by working to pay their own way and to support each other and their frat. It would be absolutely meaningless if Rusty's Dad simply isn't paying for the repairs but will still pay for everything else. That's why Tommy storms out, because he doesn't want to do any work, he just wants it all handed to him but what he's become accustomed to has now changed for good and he won't accept it.
Did John Boy hear Rusty and his Dad's conversation? He doesn't know anything, all he knows is that Rusty said his Dad won't pay to fix it this time. They don't know anything about anything other than for the immediate future because Rusty didn't say anything about later. Dude you are literally turning an immediate conversation into a permanent fact of life.

No the MC's conversation is all about this is the time we are supposed to grow up and become adults, how can we do this if we depend on others. How are we ever going to become self reliant if we rely on others. It has absolutely nothing to do with OMG Rusty is NEVER going to get ANY money EVER again as long as he lives so we are now screwed.

No it wouldn't be meaningless if the MC gets the DIk's to support themselves rather than rely on others. That's called growing up, it's a coming of age story. Just because I became an adult, it didn't mean my parent's cut me off. It meant that I chose to try to support myself rather than rely on other people. Not that I couldn't have called home or asked my parent's for help if I REALLY needed it. I chose not to, to try to stand on my own two feet.

Maybe that's what Rusty's Dad is trying to do as well. He thinks maybe if I make them struggle "this" time they will realize that they need to grow up and support themselves. Maybe Rusty's Dad thinks they need to get out of the bubble as well. That in no way implies that Rusty is cutoff. It's called growing up dude and we all have to do it at some point or we will always be little spoiled brats crying for mommy and daddy to save us from the cold, cruel world.

Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
If, in the future, we get the opportunity to help Quinn, please make it be a Chick decision. It would be stupid to lock a good deed behind a jerk route.
I think we'll get both; a DIK choice to not help her, and a CHICK choice to help her. It all depends on what happens between now and then and what she possibly might end up doing to him and those around him. She might end up doing something that negatively impacts him, either directly or indirectly, or does something that negatively impacts someone close to him. In this instance, the MC can either choose to forgive and help her (CHICK), or not help her because of what she's done (DIK).

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ThatGuyWho

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I downloaded the patch from 4.0 to 5.1 but the game won't update. According to the info in the patch file it won't work if the game has been modded, I was using the scrappy mod but I have no idea which file/s to remove. I think it's probably best to reinstall the entire game. Doe's anyone have a save file from the end of the 4.0 update?
Download 'Detected mod error fix' from the first post

ThatGuyWho

Jun 8, 2020
I think we'll get both; a DIK choice to not help her, and a CHICK choice to not help her. It all depends on what happens between now and then and what she possibly might end up doing to him and those around him. She might end up doing something that negatively impacts him, either directly or indirectly, or does something that negatively impacts someone close to him. In this instance, the MC can either choose to forgive and help her (CHICK), or not help her because of what she's done (DIK).
This is probably what is going to happen.

The way I imagined it going the wrong way is that we can't help her because we didn't pursue any relationship with her prior to the choice.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Fuck Everything CHICK!! Straight DIK route!!!!
Aka instant gratification vs long-term rewards. Yes, right Dik is the better choice if you want sex but I expect that to turn around later in development.

It's why I have mulitiple saves.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes