Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
The whole Quinn drug issue she strikes me as more of a casual user and not a heavy addict unless of course that comes into play in future updates which could be an interesting take with the MC trying to help her in some way.
Boss she's uses a hypodermic needle to "main line" a drug. That's not casual. That's potentially lethal if you screw it up. One little air bubble can kill you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilhares

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I can't seem to find a light bugfix-only patch in the OP to update 5.0 to 5.1 :(
All I can see is the whole 2.1 GB patch that can be applied to update v. 4.0.
That's because the whole 2.1 GB patch is all that's been shared (or at least reported as being shared). You can apply the patch to v0.5.0 if you encountered any bugs.

Reactions: Aristos

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
I understand why there's so many people obsessed with this game.

6 months for another update is gonna suck.

Last edited:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
It is 3-4 months from when now? Jeez, this game is so damn good.
Based on how long there was between previous releases. Early one were arond 3 months, the increased complication created by the branching paths mean this release took 4 and that is a trend that it's hard to imagine won't continue.

liquid74

Apr 3, 2020
All in all I'm just going to enjoy the update. It could be abandoned so stop bitching people. Enjoy it and move on.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Oh I'm not doubting she uses a strong drug but she's not like Tommy so deperate for that next hit.
I think Tommy has issues. He wants to float through life with no responsibilities, no worries. He wants to be like Rusty. I don't think Tommy has "friends", he's a user, looks at people for what they can give him and nothing else. The more I see him and the more I learn about him, the more I think Tommy is the problem with almost everything.

Stark9999999

Dec 4, 2017
Oh I'm not doubting she uses a strong drug but she's not like Tommy so deperate for that next hit.
I tend to get this feeling too but I'm also not sure how much of a handle DPC has on the drugs aspect of the story so could go either way. It's fairly odd that Quinn doesn't have access to coke, which I would think is the drug you'd be preparing to sell people like Rich, yet seems to have a large amount of injectable drugs.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
i don't really see no strings money as a particularly interesting choice or an ethical conumdrum.
It would be an ethical conundrum for the MC because whilst having that kind of money would be great for him in terms of helping his Dad, helping the DIKs, helping Maya, etc, he just made this grandiose speech about not relying on others to pay your way and working hard to earn it for yourself.

So it would be a decision between sticking to his principles about hard work and earning your own living, or being a hypocrite by accepting that money and relying on it to solve all his problems.

Rusty's not cut off, he's just tapped out. I'm sure his dad will give him money again in the future, but it won't be soon enough to give the DIKs a place to live (and party) in the meantime.

Hence the MC's speech. They can salvage what they need in the short term, then slowly rebuild into something that works for them over time. If they get more money fine, but they shouldn't be relying on it.
I call that "cherry picking" where you reach in and grab part of a conversation to support something but ignore everything else that doesn't. We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

No where in there does it say that Rusty's Dad cut off Rusty. Rusty doesn't make some speech about how now he's poor because his dad said eff you no more money. He doesn't say that he won't help in the future. He tells Rusty to use the "buffer money" in the safe. However, he doesn't know Rusty spent that.

I still think the speech by the MC was inspired by Sage's living in a bubble conversation and the MC's upbringing by his Dad who never had a lot of money. So the MC is already trying to be semi-self sufficient. Rusty is a spoiled little rich guy who is used to Daddy saving him. However, the MC wants to grow up and be an adult. That's what his speech is about not OMG NO MORE MONEY
What exactly is there to ignore? Rusty says his Dad told him, "Enough is enough", with regards to helping him out, John Boy asks, "Is this it for us"?, and Rusty says, "I don't have enough money to fix this and to continue to run the frat the way we've done."

The DIKs are all thinking it's over for them, so if this was just about Rusty's Dad not paying for the repairs but still paying for everything else, why would would they think that? Why does Rusty say that he can't "continue to run the frat the way we've done", if his Dad would still be paying for everything? Answer: because he isn't, and that's the point. Rusty's line is pretty much confirming that the money they have in the safe is not just all the money they have right now, but it's all they money will ever have because his Dad is not going to be funding the DIKs anymore.

This moment directly correlates with the earlier conversation with Sage because it was basically a foreshadowing of what's to come and it's what makes the MC realise and understand what needs to change with the DIKs and gives him the drive to be that agent of change for them.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I think Tommy has issues. He wants to float through life with no responsibilities, no worries. He wants to be like Rusty. I don't think Tommy has "friends", he's a user, looks at people for what they can give him and nothing else. The more I see him and the more I learn about him, the more I think Tommy is the problem with almost everything.
Look's like his biggest problem is going to be the MC but seriously the way he has acted makes me care less about him I thought it was all going to change when we spoke to him in ep4 at the Pink Rose but it seems that will not be the case.

I tend to get this feeling too but I'm also not sure how much of a handle DPC has on the drugs aspect of the story so could go either way. It's fairly odd that Quinn doesn't have access to coke, which I would think is the drug you'd be preparing to sell people like Rich, yet seems to have a large amount of injectable drugs.
I was surprised at the lack of choices she has and giving the Jocks sugar pills I wasn't expecting that whatsoever.

Is there an update from v0.5.0 to v0.5.1? I don't want to download 5Gb again :(
It's just some bug fixes.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Yeah, I find it interesting that all she offers Rich is weed. No coke, meth, morphine etc. While what she's been selling the jocks (Birth Control pills or sugar masquerading as them) is also kind of weak sauce.

In terms of addiction, I think both Tommy and Riona are in deeper than Quinn. So if DPC has anyone ODing in the game (and I am not saying there will be any at all), it'll be between those two methinks.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Why is it that whenever these threads contain compressed links, it always sends me to the last page and last post rather than the post containing the link. Does anyone have any idea what page the compressed link is on?
You have probably increased "posts per page" to more than 20. The "Compressed" link includes the page nr, which is not optimal now that users can change the posts per page.
So set posts per page to 20 and the link will work for you.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PandaLulz

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
The whole Quinn drug issue she strikes me as more of a casual user and not a heavy addict unless of course that comes into play in future updates which could be an interesting take with the MC trying to help her in some way.
If Quinn needs helps(pls give us option to be able to if that's the case) my guess it'll be less over the use of drugs given she doesn't display particular addict behaviour(and given many of MC's will be pot users) but helping out regarding problems she has with her dealer financially or freeing her from whatever hold they are exerting over her. I'm curious about the situation as to who the dealer is, whether it might be an unpleasant ex of hers or someone we've met.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes