Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I was just saying, who would want to go to college being a submissive wimp. You can be a nice guy and stand your ground at the same time! You can be assertive and not be a asshole at the same time..
Yeah, I don't see any reason why my CHICK status MC couldn't have asked Camila and Mona to get into the bathroom stall so he can fuck them, or why he wouldn't have the brass cojones to ask a hot milf stripper for anal.

The apparent telepathy of NPCs you've been nice to treating you as a DIK is presumably because people gossip, so even if you're nice to them they know the MC does a lot of DIK stuff elsewhere?

As I said, eliminating affinity wouldn't fix this, DIK points twice CHICK points would do the same thing. The issue here is where DPC chooses to lock players out of content rather than the affinity mechanic.
So M&J know that the MC took Quinn's number to order off her menu? They know that he left Steve alone to cry in a cupboard? They know that he let Jade give him a handjob? :WaitWhat: Yeah, I don't think so.

There is absolutely zero reason they should reject him if he's been nothing but good to them if the MC made nothing but positive choices in favour of them, just like there is absolutely zero reason why he can't get Quinn to give him a little more when he has her pinned to the bed in ep 4, and absolutely no reason why he and Jill can't shower at the same time.

The affinity system is flawed because it creates a two-tiered system that doesn't properly connect with itself and creates great inconsistencies in the MC's character and actions when he can have an affinity in one direction and status in another.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
The game is all about doing stupid shit to get into the DIKS!!!!! Why would anyone play to be a WUSS?? Ilove the game but shit... I can't bring myself to play that way to get more content. I tried 3 times before and was gonna start a new save tonight but I know I can't do it... Start off all Seasme Street but end up 40 shades of Grey
Whatever happened to you, I am so sorry it did. Walking away from a fight you cannot win is common sense. Walking away from a fight you know you can easily win is wisdom. Getting into a fight you know you could walk away from is being a punk-ass bitch and as for getting into a fight you know you can't win, well, there a whole lot of words to describe someone who would do that, all of them derogatory.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
I just don't like how, using your analogy, I can start all sesame street with my main choices but literally make all the little DIK choices and people still think I'm a nice guy or vis versa.
As I said... You can be nice to a point then you can't let it go no more.. Plus a quite guy that everyone picks on ain't getting no chicks.... LOL That's life

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
She don't care that you are with another girl at B&R and neither do Maya cares about you being with Josy. So why would they care if you are being an asshole with other assholes?
They do care, none of the LIs will put up with the MC screwing around on them in the long term.

But screwing around isn't what puts you into DIK/CHICK affinity, it's beating up Troy, doing drugs etc. In DPC world 'nice' girls don't want to be with guys who behave DIKish around town.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
They do care, none of the LIs will put up with the MC screwing around on them in the long term.

But screwing around isn't what puts you into DIK/CHICK affinity, it's beating up Troy, doing drugs etc. In DPC world 'nice' girls don't want to be with guys who behave DIKish around town.
On long term yes, but i'm talking about the particular fact that you can't be a DIK and have Maya&Josy, even if they were being even BIGGER DIKs by fucking the MC while being on a relationship with each other.

For God's sake, even Sage didn't imediatelly jump on MC's dick like Josy did and she knew that she was being cheated on. So yeah, they aren't exactly 'nice' girls.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017

Sounds like an assumption on your part. Were 5 episodes in and so far all the girls are ok with me screwing others.

I know LOTS of nice girl's who like bad boys. Were not going to church to pick them up..... JS

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Whatever happened to you, I am so sorry it did. Walking away from a fight you cannot win is common sense. Walking away from a fight you know you can easily win is wisdom. Getting into a fight you know you could walk away from is being a punk-ass bitch and as for getting into a fight you know you can't win, well, there a whole lot of words to describe someone who would do that, all of them derogatory.
My MC won all fights(except after he got suckerpunched at the locker room) And no I'm not a fighter but ya can't just hide all the time either

DrunkLuka

Sep 1, 2018
Yeah, I don't see any reason why my CHICK status MC couldn't have asked Camila and Mona to get into the bathroom stall so he can fuck them, or why he wouldn't have the brass cojones to ask a hot milf stripper for anal.

So M&J know that the MC took Quinn's number to order off her menu? They know that he left Steve alone to cry in a cupboard? They know that he let Jade give him a handjob? :WaitWhat: Yeah, I don't think so.

There is absolutely zero reason they should reject him if he's been nothing but good to them if the MC made nothing but positive choices in favour of them, just like there is absolutely zero reason why he can't get Quinn to give him a little more when he has her pinned to the bed in ep 4, and absolutely no reason why he and Jill can't shower at the same time.

The affinity system is flawed because it creates a two-tiered system that doesn't properly connect with itself and creates great inconsistencies in the MC's character and actions when he can have an affinity in one direction and status in another.
I don't think the affinity system is really well thought out or at least executed because of how the story ends up being. It would've made a lot more sense if the MC actually get to choose which house he'd aligned himself with but I guess that's too much work for a game in this format.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think the affinity system is really well thought out or at least executed because of how the story ends up being. It would've made a lot more sense if the MC actually get to choose which house he'd aligned himself with but I guess that's too much work for a game in this format.
Plus, the game wouldn't be called Being a DIK.

jackofshadows

May 24, 2018
since I've screenshots posted here that show people are still able to Massive DIK status despite having lost all those nodules.
You're probably referring to screen with 3 missing points, not 4. After losing 4 cap applies to opposite status's side. It's just confusing due to manual where it says "permanent penalty" whilst it doesn't apply right away how it should. It also the reason for some weird examples like you and others have listed (before getting the cap). System should be work better later on.
But this is the problem with the affinity system. You can make all the major DIK choices by fighting Troy, accepting Quinn's phone number, not being nice to Steve, fighting the Jocks, partying without limits at the Pink Rose, allowing Jade's advances, and smoking weed with Quinn, but you can also do absolutely everything with Maya (say you like her, say you'll help her in ep 2, go back to her after the party, say you'll help her again in ep 3, and have half-sex with her), and do everything with Josy including almost have sex with her, and be super nice to both of them all the time, but then they reject you because you have DIK affinity.

So why, if you do everything with them and are super nice to them, would they reject you? It doesn't seem in any way reasonable that they should reject the MC because he has been nothing but good to them. None of those other choices should really have any bearing on how they view him.

It's not a great system, and while I understand DPC wanting to implement a system where choices have consequences, this is far froma a prefect one that they have in this game and it's quite deeply flawed in many respects.
Yeah, it's a big downside, however a) it's arguable even here (something like "their guts telling them that MC is not actually sincere when saying all thouse nice things") and b) I might be wrong but pretty sure that most players are tending to one line of behaviour or the other which is making narrative more consistant for them to a degree.

Although sometimes consistency is definitely far from perfect, my favorite example is when after literally fucking Sage's face MC few lines later tells her something like "I'm here for you" (w/o any choice) - I had a laugh.
If your theory holds true then my take is that it has to be Riona, for impact reasons. I mean, does anybody really care if Tommy bites the dust? :unsure:
I, for one. Despite my utter dissapointment regarding him in a recent episode I think there's still hope for Tommy in the future. Similiar to Sage, it's possible to unfold hidden depth, something like he's helping Quinn later discarding what he said to her "don't worth shit to me" or, more likely, something Josy-related - accepting some significant choice of her, or fixing some stuff he already did somehow. It highly unllikely though, he'd be rather brainless cheap drama/overall mess generator on par with Quinn and then plot will dispose of them .

Reactions: RonnieBoi

DrunkLuka

Sep 1, 2018
My MC won all fights(except after he got suckerpunched at the locker room) And no I'm not a fighter but ya can't just hide all the time either
Don't understand why he had to turn it into a physical alteration from the get-go, making the non-fighting options feel like jokes.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
You're probably referring to screen with 3 missing points, not 4. After losing 4 cap applies to opposite status's side. It's just confusing due to manual where it says "permanent penalty" whilst it doesn't apply right away how it should. It also the reason for some weird examples like you and others have listed (before getting the cap). System should be work better later on.

Yeah, it's a big downside, however a) it's arguable even here (something like "their guts telling them that MC is not actually sincere when saying all thouse nice things") and b) I might be wrong but pretty sure that most players are tending to one line of behaviour or the other which is making narrative more consistant for them to a degree.

Although sometimes consistency is definitely far from perfect, my favorite example is when after literally fucking Sage's face MC few lines later tells her something like "I'm here for you" (w/o any choice) - I had a laugh.

I, for one. Despite my utter dissapointment regarding him in a recent episode I think there's still hope for Tommy in the future. Similiar to Sage, it's possible to unfold hidden depth, something like he's helping Quinn later discarding what he said to her "don't worth shit to me" or, more likely, something Josy-related - accepting some significant choice of her, or fixing some stuff he already did somehow. It highly unllikely though, he'd be rather brainless cheap drama/overall mess generator on par with Quinn and then plot will dispose of them .
I really like Tommy's character, he holds a lot of potential.

But he didn't mature in any way since joining the DIKs different from Rusty, as was show in the flashback. He acts pretty much the same: short fuse, hasty decisions, bad personality, jealous and childsh. Add drugs to that and we got a time bomb waiting to send everything to Hell.

So yeah, unless he calm down or someone makes him see reason, his future is pretty grim.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017

I still disagree with this. According to you a Full DIK run has to be insincere when he says nice things, right? So assholes can't ever be nice and Nice guys can't ever be assholes? Or if they do their lying? To black and white. It doesn't work that way, the world has never worked that way

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
You seem to be implying that the MC's character is like a light switch. On or off no in between

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I still disagree with this. According to you a Full DIK run has to be insincere when he says nice things, right? So assholes can't ever be nice and Nice guys can't ever be assholes? Or if they do their lying? To black and white. It doesn't work that way, the world has never worked that way
Arseholes can be nice and nice guys can be arseholes, congratulations, you have identified a different problem from the one being discussed. The real issue is that the LI's who favour the Chick version of the MC will hear about his Dik choices. The fact that he is a Chick in his heart and mind is of no consequence since they aren't psychic; they are forced to judge him by his actions and they're right to do so.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
A prime example of how this system is surreal:
I have 12 points in DIK and have DIK affinity by choosing to smoke. I get rejected by Maya&Josy.

I still have 12 points in DIK and have NEUTRAL affinity by choosing not to smoke. Maya&Josy accept me.

If you can't see how this is too surreal, them i don't know how to explain.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Hey again guys,
Here are the signatures that i made in the past 3 days.
Sweet jebus, I'm still over 10 pages behind. I dare to hope you've got more of these around with the other characters. Riona, Camila, etc. These are outstanding.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lusikun
4.80 star(s) 1,516 Votes