Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Fair enough, but if one of those options leads to a scene like this, I'm totally picking it. Quinn't not a bad person, and I for one will not see any harm come to her.
MC has enough on his plate to deal with, I've no interest in having him involve himself into whatever shitty situation Quinn has gotten herself into which based off what we know so far is entirely her fault.

Also I find it interesting how you don't think she's a bad person considering what she's trying to do to Maya.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I’m hoping to step in & help her, stopping any downfall.
I'd like to be optimistic but I think her time is running out but sure she'll have something else planned but judging by this episode I think she is going to be very desperate by the time we get to ep6
MC has enough on his plate to deal with, I've no interest in having him involve himself into whatever shitty situation Quinn has gotten herself into which based off what we know so far is entirely her fault.

Also I find it interesting how you don't think she's a bad person considering what she's trying to do to Maya.
I doubt we will be able to help her I think DPC will let it play out as it is for the story. She's the antagonist I just hope we don't get one of the cliche bad becomes good story.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I won't say that I approve of what she does, because I don't, but I know that not everyone who gets involved in this kind of thing is a bad person. There are some who are totally immoral, amoral, husks of human beings wth no compassion or compunction for who they hurt and how, but I don't see Quinn as someone like that. I see her as someone who's making a lot of short-sighted mistakes because she's young and isn't properly thinking through the consequences of her actions. She thought she could make a quick buck selling the 2 things that are a staple of college life; sex and drugs. But deep down, I think she knows that it isn't good, that it isn't what she should be doing, but it's all she knows and she needs to be shown that there's another way.

I don't have anger or hatred or contempt towards her, I want to know how to help, how to get her out of that lifestyle and make her see that it's dangerous and she's better than that. That's the kind of person I am, and I'm not mad at her for trying to drag Maya into it because if it wasn't her, she'd try it with somebody else. I can see the struggle within Quinn and want to help her, and I hope we'll be able to. Even if she drags the MC down first, I'll still want to help her.

Inb4 we get forced into it
Spoiler...we will get forced into it. :devilish:

Last edited:
Reactions: 311 and xsssssssss

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I'd like to be optimistic but I think her time is running out but sure she'll have something else planned but judging by this episode I think she is going to be very desperate by the time we get to ep6

I doubt we will be able to help her I think DPC will let it play out as it is for the story. She's the antagonist I just hope we don't get one of the cliche bad becomes good story.
I’ll be annoyed if we have to stand idly by while it plays out
She’s clearly got her agenda gong on but she’s not the antagonist of the story imo.

Reactions: 311

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I am sorry I don't mean to irritate or piss people off (Stark9999999). I just have a very logical orientated mind and little things like that drive me CRAZY! I realize that it's a story but make it work, don't go all magical soundless breaking glass, or pictures taken from impossible angles, or just straight up stupid ways/things that happen. That's just bad writing and a lack of creativity. It's a weakness that can be corrected not just "hand wave" away.
I understand you. You can't choose not to pay attention to those details. It can be frustrating sometimes.

I don't think this game has huge plot holes, though. Lazy writing at times... Maybe.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
She’s clearly got her agenda gong on but she’s not the antagonist of the story imo.
This is Quinn's story and we're all just living it. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, I still think we're going to see her do something that ends up dragging the MC down with her and that this was the "plan B" she pointed out to Riona in ep 4. We'll then have to build the MC back up again, possibly clear his name if he's been accused of something, and the relationships he's cultivated will play a huge part in helping with this. We'll also probably have some unavoidable Quinn interactions with some + and - DIK point moments along the way culminating in a major choice that will see her either be redeemed or not.

I see Quinn as being like the first bad guy that shows up in "24"; they're the one you see in all the trailers and adverts and you think they're the "big bad", but then once you get about halfway through the season you find out that they actually work for someone much bigger and way, way worse. In this case, that would be Quinn's supplier who's the real "big bad" of the story.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I understand you. You can't choose not to pay attention to those details. It can be frustrating sometimes.

I don't think this game has huge plot holes, though. Lazy writing at times... Maybe.
I think we will have to just agree to disagree. I think it has both and no maybe about it. I understand creative license when it comes to changing minor things to make the story work. However, IMO he has created magical/miracle solutions to problems just to make his story work. That's both of the above. Meh, my issue.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I won't say that I approve of what she does, because I don't, but I know that not everyone who gets involved in this kind of thing is a bad person. There are some who are totally immoral, amoral, husks of human beings wth no compassion or compunction for who they hurt and how, but I don't see Quinn as someone like that. I see her as someone who's making a lot of short-sighted mistakes because she's young and isn't properly thinking through the consequences of her actions. She thought she could make a quick buck selling the 2 things that are a staple of college life; sex and drugs. But deep down, I think she knows that it isn't good, that it isn't what she should be doing, but it's all she knows and she needs to be shown that there's another way.

I don't have anger or hatred or contempt towards her, I want to know how to help, how to get her out of that lifestyle and make her see that it's dangerous and she's better than that. That's the kind of person I am, and I'm not mad at her for trying to drag Maya into it because if it wasn't her, she'd try it with somebody else. I can see the struggle within Quinn and want to help her, and I hope we'll be able to. Even if she drags the MC down first, I'll still want to help her.

Spoiler...we will get forced into it. :devilish:
Forcing MC to help Quinn with whatever she's going through would would ruin the game for me and other players I would imagine. It was bad enough all players got forced into the Maya/Josy romance triangle drama but to do something like that again would be off putting imo

Alexis_1

Jun 11, 2018
I play the version without mini-games. An event with Riona at the beginning of v.0.5. Correctly I understand, that in this variant (without mini-games) I can’t get money anywhere to give them to Riona and get a scene with her?

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
If Quinn was the main girl then I'd understand that choice to help her but we know most of the focus will be on the Li's of the game, I think so too if anything it's most likely to be the dealer or Burke who will play a bigger role of antagonist.

Reactions: yngve and ename144

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I think we will have to just agree to disagree. I think it has both and no maybe about it. I understand creative license when it comes to changing minor things to make the story work. However, IMO he has created magical/miracle solutions to problems just to make his story work. That's both of the above. Meh, my issue.
Like what? Serious question.

I think a plot hole is something bigger or central to the story, like Melanie being Chad's girl and her being in the gym at the same time. Something of that scale. I don't think there are any of those.

Reactions: Real Kreten

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
If Quinn was the main girl then I'd understand that choice to help her but we know most of the focus will be on the Li's of the game, I think so too if anything it's most likely to be the dealer or Burke who will play a bigger role of antagonist.
I don’t see why choices should be restricted to only the main 5 women.

Reactions: 311 and TundraLupus

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Like what? Serious question.

I think a plot hole is something bigger or central to the story, like Melanie being Chad's girl and her being in the gym at the same time. Something of that scale. I don't think there are any of those.
I already did this earlier today. I'll pass on round 2

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Forcing MC to help Quinn with whatever she's going through would would ruin the game for me and other players I would imagine. It was bad enough all players got forced into the Maya/Josy romance triangle drama but to do something like that again would be off putting imo
I don't see why because, at the end of the day, there's always going to be forced elements in a VN. Pretty much every VN out there is forcing you to do stuff in order to get from point A to point B in the story. The level of autonomy is minimal and whatever choices there are only creates the illusion that you're truly in control of the story.

All you can really do is occasionally choose what events happen on that journey from point A to point B. It's like riding along a train track and at certain points you can move into a siding, but then you eventually end up back on the main track. Like in ep 2 where you can choose to stay with Sage, go back to Maya, or go to Sarah, you'll still end up in Maya's dorm saying goodbye to her as you go on your predetermined, unavoidable date with Josy. That scene is part of the main track because it was a key part to the story and if there will be Quinn scenes that are part of the main track for the same reason, then there's not a thing wrong with that.

There is still a story happening here underneath all the the relationship drama and frat rivarly, and what we've seen so far is potentially just the filler while the main story starts to build up steam in the background. It's just like a serialised TV show where a continuous plot unfolds throughout the season, but we also get a few smaller story arcs that can span a few episodes or just one. This is what the game feels like to me, that story threads like M&J, Bella, Hell Week, etc, are the smaller arcs, and Quinn's business is the continuous plot that will eventually ensnare the MC.

Reactions: 311 and Lord_V

Dec 20, 2019
I just had an epiphany. I'm telling you now, the reason why the campus security did not show up during the fights and the break-in was because he was the one who did it. He dropped those pictures off to Chad, he broke into the DIK's mansion and trashed it. When Chad fought with MC and Jill helped MC, he stood at the side watching with glee. Why? Because he has had it with those kids. He wanted to see both of them all gone, so he started instigating. Who knows maybe he's the one who helped Rusty smuggled alcohol into the campus and sold Quinn the drugs. He's the Leah of the game.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I just had an epiphany. I'm telling you now, the reason why the campus security did not show up during the fights and the break-in was because he was the one who did it. He dropped those pictures off to Chad, he broke into the DIK's mansion and trashed it. When Chad fought with MC and Jill helped MC, he stood at the side watching with glee. Why? Because he has had it with those kids. He wanted to see both of them all gone, so he started instigating. Who knows maybe he's the one who helped Rusty smuggled alcohol into the campus and sold Quinn the drugs. He's the Leah of the game.
Scooby Doo Ending - And he would have got away with it too if it hadn't been for those meddling kids.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
But does she really bully Maya out of pure sadism or just to get the MC's attention ? :WeSmart:

It's kind of twisted game between her and the MC. The whole Barbie and Ken dolls thing is a perfect allegory of their dynamic. Each time Quinn mocks Maya, Maya never dares fight back or protest but each time The MC has the opportunity to act as the shiny white knight and Tell Quinn to fuck off. Even Derek isn't so protective. Each time Quinn posts means comments on the cluck, The MC has either the opportunity to roast her or to support Maya. In both cases, Quinn automatically responds and mocks the MC's protective attitude.

It's never really about Maya but about the MC's reactions. She likes teasing him and on the roof even admitted comebacks are the best part about teasing him. She even enjoyed MC's anger issues. Maya is just a tool to play with him. When she scolded Maya after the cumpetition, she's surprised and confused if the MC chooses to let her continue, indicating she clearly expected a reaction.

1.PNG 2.PNG

She's so twisted, she can't handle her attraction for the MC like a normal girl would. If he tries to be sweet with her, she either gets angry or troubled. So bullying Maya is a sick way for her to make a connection with the MC and get his attention. She's more twisted and deranged than bad. That's part of her charm :sneaky:

Dec 20, 2019
Scooby Doo Ending - And he would have got away with it too if it hadn't been for those meddling kids.
Yup! In this case, meddling MC and him stumbling around trying to create his own harem.

Sometimes there's no point applying logic in everything in the game. If logic prevails, then Derek is actually a genius, because he sells cheats, meaning he can actually hack the brawler game to give it skill points and indirectly buffing the MC, and hack the shuffle game so that MC can solve it 3 moves in advance. And by installing those 2 games into my mobile, at my age I can be the richest person in the world, and slide across a room to my target, create a flash, and next thing you know my target lies on the floor, dead, after gaining all the skill points from all the fighting games that I played.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: yngve
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes