Vibes2Good

Apr 17, 2020
After looking at the changelog, i didnt feel like there really was a need to update to 5.1 unless ur nitpicky with the details.

In response to cloves8

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I played the game with 5.0 without problems. (I play without minigames.) Only issue for me was a corrupted picture of the scavenger hunt list where the lines were in the wrong places.

The correct view of the list :

View attachment 705093

To upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 you actually only need a few small files with the new script. See post #69,227
Is it bad if I want to see the Arieth part?

• Haha
Reactions: Bluefox23

murphy88

Apr 14, 2020
Sólo una pregunta entonces. ¿Cómo tradujiste el tutorial fuera del archivo tl?
Para la traducción al frances, tuve que traducir directamente en el principal script.rpy.
De que tutorial hablas exactamente? yo me he encargado de todo el grueso de los dialogos (update5.rpy y todos los freeroam), uno de los admins de erospanish iba a hacer las actualizaciones de todo lo del movil y todo lo demas ya viene de actualizaciones posteriores (muchas cosas han pasado de imagenes a scripts o al propio dialogo como el tutorial del juego de pintar que ahora esta en el propio update5,rpy en vez de en imagen o script), basicamente he continuado el trabajo que ellos empezaron ya que iban un poco atrasados en being a dik por un proyecto personal que tienen ellos en desarrollo, pero yo he hecho el grueso de la traduccion, las cosas sueltas como dialogos de rooster o swyper o alguna cosa añadida de este capitulo lo hace otra persona, si al compilar el parche veo que se han dejado algo ya avise de que iria generando actualizaciones, algunas partes de capitulos anteriores tienen errores propias de la traduccion semiautomatica, y yo la he hecho 100% manual, me gustaria ir repasando capitulos anteriores para solventar eso tambien.

Reactions: Youven

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I don't know what the Arieth path is.
I played 100% (all scenes, all rewards) with 5.0 without problems except for the corrupt view of the list (which is only optical and does not affect gameplay.)
No he just wanted to see Maya and Josy ask Arieth about who had the best dick on campus. It's wishful thinking, the scene doesn't exist.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
I really love this game and dont want to sound impatience because i loved the last episode but is it always gonna be like 5 months in between episodes and if so how long will it go on for because i dont want the story to stop
While the episodes does take quite long to update it's not 5 months. It all depends on the doners and the supporters.
Games not new, Many if not all people know about this game. Its gonna be a bit faster. id say about a max of 3 months each.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
While the episodes does take quite long to update it's not 5 months. It all depends on the doners and the supporters.
Games not new, Many if not all people know about this game. Its gonna be a bit faster. id say about a max of 3 months each.
Has nothing to do with it. DPC is creating this game all by himself. Donors and supporters can kick in financially. However, the bottleneck is renders and animations and how fast DPC can program.

Dec 20, 2019
Is it bad if I want to see the Arieth part?
I don't know what the Arieth path is.
I played 100% (all scenes, all rewards) with 5.0 without problems except for the corrupt view of the list (which is only optical and does not affect gameplay.)
You might likely to get to see it in the future if you confide in Sage about Arieth's crabs? I wonder how that action will affect:
1) Sage's trust towards MC
2) DIKs' trust towards MC

Reactions: Youven

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
You might likely to get to see it in the future if you confide in Sage about Arieth's crabs? I wonder how that action will affect:
I forget which HOT mentions it but the DIK's having crabs is already known. One of them mentions finding the medication for it during one of the parties. Might not be that big of an impact.

Dec 20, 2019
I forget which HOT mentions it but the DIK's having crabs is already known. One of them mentions finding the medication for it during one of the parties. Might not be that big of an impact.
Sarah told Heather and Melanie in the hot tub in Episode 5. Since DPC put that option there, makes me wonder if he put that as a decision placeholder for future use, if he decides to make that decision matter. Jacob did ask MC to not spread the news, see how he reacted to Derek's comment in Sage's movie night cluck in Rooster.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Sarah told Heather and Melanie in the hot tub in Episode 5. Since DPC put that option there, makes me wonder if he put that as a decision placeholder for future use, if he decides to make that decision matter. Jacob did ask MC to not spread the news, see how he reacted to Derek's comment in Sage's movie night cluck in Rooster.
I knew I remembered seeing it somewhere. Oh well if it becomes an issue I know I can always go back and redo it to change a variable. Won't be the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
But remember you’re comparing a finished story to an incomplete one. I agree with you the HoTs being drug dealers and pimps is outlandish. I’ve always had an issue with that plot point, but the whole Leah thing was hardly grounded in reality. No less outlandish than Quinn being a pimp. Actually break it down AL had a boatload of contrivances, but they were tied together by the story and characters. AL took a few dubious plot leaps and murky hand waving explanations, had them all blow up spectacularly in that twist and went forward off the back of how it's characters reacted to it. The actual plot leading up to the choice falls to the wayside and the story ends on how the characters handle it. BaDIK could easily follow suit.

We're currently sitting on half a story and all the heavy shit is yet to come. There's nothing stopping him from writing sincere, grounded reactions to whatever drama bomb is on its way. The tone is undeniably different this time but would it be any less heavy and grounded to see (and this isn't a plot prediction, it's an example of a traumatic event) Maya or Josy forced into prostitution? How they got there might be contrived but he could easily write a realistic reaction to such a revelation. As Stephen King put it.

“Pop culture writing is about ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances. Literature is about extraordinary people in ordinary circumstances.”

We've got our extraordinary situation, we've got our relatively ordinary people... we're just waiting to see how they react.
I would be somewhat surprised by your particular example (outside of a "bad" ending for the two), but I agree with your overall point.

Leah being a serial killer in AL (as opposed to a more mundane obsessive crush) isn't particularly well foreshadowed, and it completely dominates the last quarter of the game. The idea that something really bad couldn't pop out of the woodwork 3-4 episodes from now is just not consistent with how DPC has worked as a writer.

Even if we assume DPC isn't going to kill any of the LIs this time (and simply killing one would still be much less extreme than what happened in AL), there are plenty of bad things that could happen. The simplest is that the LIs will eventually each face a major crisis simultaneously, and the MC will only be able to help one of them through it (maybe Maya and Josy as a combo if DPC truly is feeling sorry for AL).

The other girls will survive, but as scarred survivors who never quite get their lives back on track. Maya is forced to live the life her father expected of her. Bella becomes a reclusive old maid. Josy becomes a jaded dancer at the Pink Rose. Jill settles for marrying Tybalt and being effectively a trophy wife. Sage is caught up in Quinn's drug scandal and spends several years in prison. All of those would be far less tonally jarring than AL's finale was, yet would still seriously suck to play through.

That's what I worry about. I like all of the LIs. Hell, I like most of the characters in this game. I want to see them all get happy ending (or learn the error of their ways for the antagonists), and I remain hopeful that is what will happen. But I absolutely don't think we can take that for granted.

Last edited:

Dec 20, 2019
I would be somewhat surprised by your particular example (outside of a "bad" ending for the two), but I agree with your overall point.

Leah being a serial killer in AL (as opposed to a more mundane obsessive crush) isn't particularly well foreshadowed, and it completely dominates the last quarter of the game. The idea that something really bad couldn't pop out of the woodwork 3-4 episodes from now is just not consistent with how DPC has worked as a writer.

Even if we assume DPC isn't going to kill any of the LIs this time (and simply killing one would still be much less extreme than what happened in AL), there are plenty of bad things that could happen. The simplest is that the LIs will eventually each face a major crisis simultaneously, and the MC will only be able to help one of them through it (maybe Maya and Josy as a combo if DPC truly is feeling sorry for AL).

The other girls will survive, but as scarred survivors who never quite get their lives back on track. Maya is forced to live the life her father expected of her. Bella becomes a reclusive old maid. Josy becomes a jaded dancer at the Pink Rose. Jill settles for marrying Tybalt and being effectively a trophy wife. Sage is caught up in Quinn's drug scandal and spends several years in prison. All of those would be far less tonally jarring than AL's finale was, yet would still seriously suck to play through.

That's what I worry about. I like all of the Lis. Hell, I like most of the characters in this game. I want to see them all get happy ending (or learn the error of their ways for the antagonists), and I remain hopeful that is what will happen. But I absolutely don't think we can take that for granted.
If there is no route where all of them gets a happy ending, then I wish DPC provides me as option to go on a killing spree.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Sage could bring it up without selling the DIKs, though.
What if it's not Arieth? :ROFLMAO: Maybe there's some other common girl they (or we) don't know yet. Crabs only live in people with pubic hair, which excludes 90% of the people we know.

Arieth we want to see your bush :ROFLMAO: .

• Haha
Reactions: Mormont and Canade

Dec 20, 2019
What if it's not Arieth? :ROFLMAO: Maybe there's some other common girl they (or we) don't know yet. Crabs only live in people with pubic hair, which excludes 90% of the people we know.
Danielle? An exchange of tadpoles and crustaceans, end results being parasites.

Last edited:

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Sage could bring it up without selling the DIKs, though.

Arieth we want to see your bush :ROFLMAO: .
Actually you can get "crabs" in facial hair, armpits, eyebrows, and even head hair. If you have crabs and shave your self after the fact they can cling to your skin. The %'s are much lower but still possible. In fact any hair that comes in contact could potentially allow them to cling allowing them to transmit to your body :sick: So even if Arieth has a treasure trail or a 70's jungle bush UH OH!

Reactions: Ilhares

Youven

May 13, 2019
Sooo did anyone post the best girl's special render preview yet?
De que tutorial hablas exactamente? yo me he encargado de todo el grueso de los dialogos (update5.rpy y todos los freeroam), uno de los admins de erospanish iba a hacer las actualizaciones de todo lo del movil y todo lo demas ya viene de actualizaciones posteriores (muchas cosas han pasado de imagenes a scripts o al propio dialogo como el tutorial del juego de pintar que ahora esta en el propio update5,rpy en vez de en imagen o script), basicamente he continuado el trabajo que ellos empezaron ya que iban un poco atrasados en being a dik por un proyecto personal que tienen ellos en desarrollo, pero yo he hecho el grueso de la traduccion, las cosas sueltas como dialogos de rooster o swyper o alguna cosa añadida de este capitulo lo hace otra persona, si al compilar el parche veo que se han dejado algo ya avise de que iria generando actualizaciones, algunas partes de capitulos anteriores tienen errores propias de la traduccion semiautomatica, y yo la he hecho 100% manual, me gustaria ir repasando capitulos anteriores para solventar eso tambien.
Muy bien, gracias por esa respuesta tan detallada.
Cuando hablo del tutorial, es mayormente en el capítulo 1, espera, te lo mostraré:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Como puedes ver, estoy en el guión principal y no en los archivos de traducción.
Los elementos después de "Show text" no existen en la directorio tl y no sé dónde encontrarlos.

Por eso te lo pido. Cómo tradujo el tutorial en la imagen de abajo

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Youven

May 13, 2019
To be honest with you, I have checked on game script about this part and I have found nothing more than =+ 1 with Sage.
No other Boolean variables that could be used in the future. Yeah I know... I'm cheating a lot here.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes