Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
A few people here think that MC's mother might have been a Burgmeister however that wouldn't make much sense since I'm sure his dad would have told him that. Even more so if he was a Royce. DPC would (theoritically) be treading on a mighty thin incest line since Jill is also a Royce.

I'm hoping it's different/more prominent family his Mother hails from.
NO INCEST! FINAL!

screenshot0015 1.png

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Why would he though? If her family completely disowned her for running off with a lowly guy like him, that would sting pretty deeply and cause both parties, the Mom and her parents, to not want to have anything to do with each other anymore. The Mom might therefore have not wanted the MC to know of his lineage because she wanted to keep him as far away from that world as possible.

By not telling him, Neil would be honouring her wish to not let the MC know about his lineage, and yes, this would mean that Neil is fully aware his son is attending the college that is part of that lineage, but he probably never thought that they'd find out about him going there. The so-called "bad memory" his Dad seems to have might not be that at all but could be him deliberately acting forgetful when speaking of the Mom's family so as to both tell not the MC and also a way to make him to stop asking.
Your first point is just an assumption of her not wanting anything to do with her family. We know that she choose Neil over them however how do you know that she hates her family and wouldn't want her kid to know about them?

Your second point falls flat in that Neil directly tells MC that his mother is from a rich family, if your theory stood true he could have simply lied to MC and stated that she came a normal middle class family or whatever and just passed away without going into too much detail instead he does the opposite and goes into details regarding the circumstances of how they met.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
He doesn't have a crush on her or anything like that but he does secretly care for her I believe. Her joining the HOT's and getting involved in all the BS and drama that's about to unfold is exactly the reason he didn't want her there at B&R imo. The whole ruining my fun thing seems like a half truth half lie cover.
Caring for her might be slightly overstating it, but I do think Tommy feels a certain responsibility to look out for his little (step) sister.

As we've seen, Tommy does not handle responsibility gracefully. So it's no surprise he is unhappy to have her around and expresses that unhappiness by lashing out at anyone within lashing distance.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Your first point is just an assumption of her not wanting anything to do with her family. We know that she choose Neil over them however how do you know that she hates her family and wouldn't want her kid to know about them?

Your second point falls flat in that Neil directly tells MC that his mother is from a rich family, if your theory stood true he could have simply lied to MC and stated that she came a normal middle class family or whatever and just passed away without going into too much detail instead he does the opposite and goes into details regarding the circumstances of how they met.
Seems pretty reasonable that someone who is spurned by their family for following their heart to be with the person they love might bear them some ill-will and therefore not want anything to do with them. Happens all the time in the real world where parents fall out with their kids, and vice-versa, for a variety of different of reasons and all contact is severed between both parties, and I've experienced that first-hand.

As for Neil's story, it doesn't haven't quite the same impact if he says she was from an ordinary middle-class family and the fact that she was from such a wealthy family and chose to be with him could be something he holds very dearly to himself and cherishes, so he wants his son to know this inspiring story of love overcoming such big obstacles but he simply flubs some of the details.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

It seems like Neil hasn't tried to hide Lynette's family from the MC, so I agree it would be an odd omission if the MC winds up being a Burgmeister.

That said, what if it's the opposite? What if Lynette wasn't from a wealthy family and that was just a story Neil invented when the MC was very young and has kept up since then?

We know from the MC's intro narration that Neil's stories tend to change a bit with each telling, and "princess who ran away from home for true love" is a common fantasy. There's certainly no proof it's true beyond Neil's word. Maybe the letter is from her actual family and now it's finally time for Neil to come clean.

Admittedly, it feels like this idea closes off more story hooks than it opens. We lose the chance for the MC to gain an inheritance (and be tempted by the money side of the Force), to become an "important" person, and any built-in connection to the existing story (being a Burgmeister, other wealthy donor, or a family hoping to marry into the Royce fortune). In exchange, the only obvious hooks we add are a chance to meet a bunch of new extraneous characters, and the possibility of a rift forming between the MC and Neil the the MC realizes his father lied about something so important to the MC's sense of identity.

Still, that last one could be pretty weighty, so it's food for thought. It would definitely explain why Neil didn't want to discuss it by text.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I don't know about Americans or French or Algerians but, does Tommy have a secret crush on Josy or he just hate her guts? I'm getting the secret crush vibe because he cannot stand her being in HOTs and he cannot stand her playing that spin the dildo game. What he told Quinn might just be an excuse, unless he really is a brat and kept a grudge for the nail polish incident.
He doesn't have a crush on her or anything like that but he does secretly care for her I believe. Her joining the HOT's and getting involved in all the BS and drama that's about to unfold is exactly the reason he didn't want her there at B&R imo. The whole ruining my fun thing seems like a half truth half lie cover.
Caring for her might be slightly overstating it, but I do think Tommy feels a certain responsibility to look out for his little (step) sister.

As we've seen, Tommy does not handle responsibility gracefully. So it's no surprise he is unhappy to have her around and expresses that unhappiness by lashing out at anyone within lashing distance.
I'd agree, not seeing much to suggest Tommy has a crush on Josy.

You folks are a bit more gracious toward Tommy than I though - he comes across as very self-centered to me.

In which case it would seem perfectly reasonable for Tommy not to want Josy around because it'll cramp his style and there's a genuine risk Josy will learn of his shady dealings and nark on him to the parents, potentially getting Tommy pulled out of college etc.

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
I don't know about Americans or French or Algerians but, does Tommy have a secret crush on Josy or he just hate her guts? I'm getting the secret crush vibe because he cannot stand her being in HOTs and he cannot stand her playing that spin the dildo game. What he told Quinn might just be an excuse, unless he really is a brat and kept a grudge for the nail polish incident.
She's part of his family. Even if some people here seem to have a strange interest for incest :WaitWhat: most people usually don't sexualize their siblings. It's understandable seeing Josy performing erotic stuff is enough to make him uncomfortable. He doesn't see a sexy chick but his step-sister. Derek didn't really enjoy seeing Josy and Maya kissed either.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
She's part of his family. Even if some people here seem to have a strange interest for incest :WaitWhat: most people usually don't sexualize their siblings. It's understandable seeing Josy performing erotic stuff is enough to make him uncomfortable. He doesn't see a sexy chick but his step-sister. Derek didn't really enjoy seeing Josy and Maya kissed either.
Agreed besides its been ovious from the offset he has a thing for blondes anyway not just with his girlfriend but his lust for the blonde stripper whose name escapes me at the moment lol. Im getting zero vibes from a sexual nature but yeah he is very self centred and all of a sudden his way of life has come under risk as not only is he being made uncomfortable with a sibling being around his sexiest of surroundings (and potentially partaking in them like the spin the bottle game) but I very much doubt he can trust her not to sell him out to their parents should she discover his love of drugs as they are not the closest, not by a very long shot. Besides Josey is a very lady leaning Bi - the MC is the exception to her lesbian rule not unlike it is with Maya and that being extended to the step brother who she openly dislikes and enjoys teasing so much would be too big of a stretch for even the good Dr to write into being a believable scenario. Her bond with her dad is beyond question, she loves him tremendiously from what we saw of their reunion so I think nothing but sincerity in her commentary regarding Tommy and his mother and how much she loathes them. There is no way there is any romance in the making on either Tommy or Josey front with one another.

Dec 20, 2019
From where I'm from, which is Malaysia, you often or not see news on newspaper about father raping daughters (and in worse scenario, younger male relatives). We actually have a Samaritan on Facebook who go around helping families with such issues and would/dare/can not make police reports. Sometimes the mother knew about it but just asked the kids (note here: male AND female) to let it go. The theory was that because the girls normally wrap themselves with " " that the father cannot control himself, always blame the female for enticing rather than the male for no self control.

Edit: I myself am not into incest (unless it's fictional with hot chicks in games, see girl in second signature) but different culture different vibes, I cannot help but see such scenarios with the shit I am exposed to.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Seems pretty reasonable that someone who is spurned by their family for following their heart to be with the person they love might bear them some ill-will and therefore not want anything to do with them. Happens all the time in the real world where parents fall out with their kids, and vice-versa, for a variety of different of reasons and all contact is severed between both parties, and I've experienced that first-hand.

As for Neil's story, it doesn't haven't quite the same impact if he says she was from an ordinary middle-class family and the fact that she was from such a wealthy family and chose to be with him could be something he holds very dearly to himself and cherishes, so he wants his son to know this inspiring story of love overcoming such big obstacles but he simply flubs some of the details.
In that case why not just tell him that he's a Burgmeister? He already knows about his mothers rich family it just wouldn't make sense to not let him know.

My other point that I forgot to bring up was that we already know 2 characters from the cast that MC regularly talks to that are B&R. I see no reason why he should suddenly be related to Rusty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meushi

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
In that case why not just tell him that he's a Burgmeister? He already knows about his mothers family it just wouldn't make sense to not let him know.

My other point that I forgot to bring up was that we already know 2 characters from the cast that MC regularly talks to that are B&R. I see no reason why he should suddenly be related to Rusty.
And what would you do if you were told when you were growing up that you were actually from a very rich family? Would you want to meet them? Would you wonder why your family doesn't have money like they do? Would you resent your parents for living a poor life rather than a rich life? Would you brag about it at school? Would you develop a sense of entitlement from knowing what your lineage is? And what if you reached out to the family only to be rejected by them? Or what if they accepted you and gave you access to the lavish, elitist lifestyle your parents didn't want for you to grow up in?

These are some of the things that his Mom and Dad probably wanted to shield him from because they didn't want him to be part of that world and to have a silver spoon in his mouth. In this regard, they were doing what they felt was best for him and that's something parents typically do. As a result, the MC seems to have a fairly good moral fibre in most respects, and that is reflected in his speech at the end of episode 5 as it shows an attitude towards life and work that has been forged by not being someone who has a sense of privilege and entitlement and knows the value of hard work.

Him being from the Burgmeister clan would be a particularly powerful shift in power dynamics as this person who seeemed like nobody is now somebody. It could cause all sorts of friction and drama that would be perfect for this story, like seeing how Rusty reacts to finding out they're cousins, or how both Tommy and Quinn would treat the MC particularly if he has access to money, and if Jill would see him any differently as she seems to like the fact that he isn't from an elite family and is just an ordinary guy. It's a perfect "drama bomb" to drop on the story as there are so many angles to it that you just wouldn't get if he was the grandson of some other random wealthy family.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
And what would you do if you were told when you were growing up that you were actually from a very rich family? Would you want to meet them? Would you wonder why your family doesn't have money like they do? Would you resent your parents for living a poor life rather than a rich life? Would you brag about it at school? Would you develop a sense of entitlement from knowing what your lineage is? And what if you reached out to the family only to be rejected by them? Or what if they accepted you and gave you access to the lavish, elitist lifestyle your parents didn't want for you to grow up in?

These are some of the things that his Mom and Dad probably wanted to shield him from because they didn't want him to be part of that world and to have a silver spoon in his mouth. In this regard, they were doing what they felt was best for him and that's something parents typically do. As a result, the MC seems to have a fairly good moral fibre in most respects, and that is reflected in his speech at the end of episode 5 as it shows an attitude towards life and work that has been forged by not being someone who has a sense of privilege and entitlement and knows the value of hard work.

Him being from the Burgmeister clan would be a particularly powerful shift in power dynamics as this person who seeemed like nobody is now somebody. It could cause all sorts of friction and drama that would be perfect for this story, like seeing how Rusty reacts to finding out they're cousins, or how both Tommy and Quinn would treat the MC particularly if he has access to money, and if Jill would see him any differently as she seems to like the fact that he isn't from an elite family and is just an ordinary guy. It's a perfect "drama bomb" to drop on the story as there are so many angles to it that you just wouldn't get if he was the grandson of some other random wealthy family.
I strongly disagree, all that could be achieved without MC being a B and instead coming from a different wealthy family, what if his Mom's family is more prominent than the B's and R's and people found out about his lineage? That would have an even greater affect than MC just being another B. I just don't get why you want MC and Rusty to be related so badly.

Reactions: Darkmetal
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes