Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
From a story construction standpoint, I'm inclined to think the content of that letter will be an end-of-Season 2 cliffhanger at this point and lead to a new character arc in Season 3.

Ye old "hero's" journey arc:

Season 1: MC is bottom of the pile just doing as he is told. Doing pranks and getting into trouble.
This phase has ended, as emphasised in several scenes, the most important marker being the talk with Derek:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Immediately following which, the MC decides to be step up and be a problem solver and heads to Cathy, resulting in the look of incredulity on the faces of Bella and Jill seeing a new facet of the former maggot.

Season 2: MC Steps up as more of a leader and is seen by others as problem solver on campus - and not just by the DIKs
The transition to this phase of the "Hero's Journey" was also marked by several scenes; some obvious such as the speech on the DIK stairs, Sage's comments etc. plus, importantly;
There's a lot of Season 2 left to go before the letter potentially triggers the next stage in the "Hero's journey" methinks.

Season 3: MC is potentially rich? Comes to a fork in the road between integrity and social climbing? We'll see.
You have a strong point and i agree with everything so far. I always was thinking about this things, MCs mother was rich but when she died MCs father lost that kind of potential money. Not like he had any from the first place. The father of MCs mother is his uncle right? I feel like later in the story MC and his uncle will get in contact. We see the obvious but the story can swift in many directions depending on the actions he makes. The story so far is him finishing school and helping his father and building the house. Now, my view on the letter. MC didn't make trouble or even enough connections for anyone to send him a letter. I believe that letter has to be from MCs family from his mothers side. I fail to see anything else, either about his mother or mothers family. If anyone has a different view on this topic i'm more than happy to hear it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Darkmetal

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
You have a strong point and i agree with everything so far. I always was thinking about this things, MCs mother was rich but when she died MCs father lost that kind of potential money. Not like he had any from the first place. The father of MCs mother is his uncle right? I feel like later in the story MC and his uncle will get in contact. We see the obvious but the story can swift in many directions depending on the actions he makes. The story so far is him finishing school and helping his father and building the house. Now, my view on the letter. MC didn't make trouble or even enough connections for anyone to send him a letter. I believe that letter has to be from MCs family from his mothers side. I fail to see anything else, either about his mother or mothers family. If anyone has a different view on this topic i'm more than happy to hear it.
Unless this story is set in Alabama, then the father of the MC's Mom would be his grandfather, not his uncle. As for the issue of the money, I don't believe the Mom had any access to the family wealth when she was with Neil due to her running away and essentially choosing him over her family, so her death wouldn't have resulted in lost access as that was likely lost beforehand.

I feel like it's highly likely this is his rich family reaching out to him, possibly due to him gaining some notoriety at the college after the Chad incident and this caused him to get on the family's radar as they might have an influence/powerful position within the college hierarchy, possibly on the board of trustees. It's likely they want to offer him money and this will test the MC's resolve to either take it and become another trust fund kid, or turn it down and maintain his integrity with regards to his view of making your own way in the world and not relying on others to pay your way for you.

ratttta

Jun 8, 2018
Yeah, I don´t dislike Tommy, quite the opposite. Sure, he´s a brat in the ending of ep.5 and an asshole to everyone but like
Hugh G. Rection said, he has his moments and makes me laugh quite often. But what do I know. I did everything to be a good son :LOL: . I really hope we get his side of the story instead of making him the big villain. Maybe we can have him as a temporary enemy and then pull him back to our side.

DatFatFrog

May 3, 2017
Unless this story is set in Alabama, then the father of the MC's Mom would be his grandfather, not his uncle. As for the issue of the money, I don't believe the Mom had any access to the family wealth when she was with Neil due to her running away and essentially choosing him over her family, so her death wouldn't have resulted in lost access as that was likely lost beforehand.

I feel like it's highly likely this is his rich family reaching out to him, possibly due to him gaining some notoriety at the college after the Chad incident and this caused him to get on the family's radar as they might have an influence/powerful position within the college hierarchy, possibly on the board of trustees. It's likely they want to offer him money and this will test the MC's resolve to either take it and become another trust fund kid, or turn it down and maintain his integrity with regards to his view of making your own way in the world and not relying on others to pay your way for you.
I must say that this is a very interesting theory. If that happens, and the choice is left to us, it will have a big impact on the future of the game and how the DIK will resurface.

Reactions: Noor Oneal

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

How would something like that even work though? Through one significant/Major choice or a sum of choices you've made throughout the game after having some time to think about an offer that will impact the kind of ending your MC gets?

Reactions: Noor Oneal

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
I must say that this is a very interesting theory. If that happens, and the choice is left to us, it will have a big impact on the future of the game and how the DIK will resurface.
Very interesting indeed, But like i said the story can swift in multiple directions depending on MCs actions. If the rich family were to get in contact witch it has to, there is no other answer. If they were to offer money, And we chose to take it MC will rebuild the DIK house along other things, But it will have a huge impact on the story afterwards. If we chose not to take any offer then MC has only the option to work for the constructions and be independent.

Reactions: DatFatFrog

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Very interesting indeed, But like i said the story can swift in multiple directions depending on MCs actions. If the rich family were to get in contact witch it has to, there is no other answer. If they were to offer money, And we chose to take it MC will rebuild the DIK house along other things, But it will have a huge impact on the story afterwards. If we chose not to take any offer then MC has only the option to work for the constructions and be independent.
Or it could be just an illusion of choice. Just like during the start of Ep2 when asked if you want to rise up as a DIK. If you say no they test you anyway. The money may end up being the same thing. Offered money? No. Tough sheet it's already in an account with your name on it. Use it or don't but its still there.

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
Or it could be just an illusion of choice. Just like during the start of Ep2 when asked if you want to rise up as a DIK. If you say no they test you anyway. The money may end up being the same thing. Offered money? No. Tough sheet it's already in an account with your name on it. Use it or don't but its still there.
The thing with the DIKs was forced. And the issue with money can be forced too but why would it. If the rich family were to give money to the MC the family would want something back. Or they can just give him money and see what he can accomplish with it.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
The thing with the DIKs was forced. And the issue with money can be forced too but why would it. If the rich family were to give money to the MC the family would want something back. Or they can just give him money and see what he can accomplish with it.
Because its a HUGE potential branching path. DPC would have to create 3 new paths for everything. #1 Took Money and used it, #2 Took money but didn't use it, and #3 Refused money. He would then have to create story for all of those plus all the branches with the girls. It would probably just be easier for him to force it to cut down on the branches he has to create for. We are getting to the point where the potential branches are going to get exponentially huge. Starting to get a lot of potential variables in here.

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
Because its a HUGE potential branching path. DPC would have to create 3 new paths for everything. #1 Took Money and used it, #2 Took money but didn't use it, and #3 Refused money. He would then have to create story for all of those plus all the branches with the girls. It would probably just be easier for him to force it to cut down on the branches he has to create for. We are getting to the point where the potential branches are going to get exponentially huge. Starting to get a lot of potential variables in here.
That's true it would make more work for pinkcake. He has barely enough resources to make a episode, let alone 3 paths lmao.
fair point

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
That's true it would make more work for pinkcake. He has barely enough resources to make a episode, let alone 3 paths lmao.
fair point
It get's even more complicated when you start to look at those 3 choices in depth. Does the money, if he takes it, change the MC? Does he become a Tybalt, Rusty, or somewhere in between. Those would have serious implications for the game. Might be more than DPC wants to bite off.

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
It get's even more complicated when you start to look at those 3 choices in depth. Does the money, if he takes it, change the MC? Does he become a Tybalt, Rusty, or somewhere in between. Those would have serious implications for the game. Might be more than DPC wants to bite off.
True, It would seem that what ever is in the letter has to be forced. And i still highly believe it's the rich family.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I beg to differ on Tommy. He is the biggest cunt in the frat, yes, and he is the VP - biggest cunt running shit. I personally like him a great deal, his Ep 5 meltdown notwithstanding, because he fulfills his role of the tribal asshole mentor figure so freakin well. Everything you mentioned where Tommy flings MC a shit sandwich is part of that role. He is a cunt to most everyone in the game xD

You also have to consider that Ep 5 was filled with events that shook Tommy's foundations - Quinn and HOTs betrayal, DIK mansion sacked, MC outshining him admittedly as well. Tommy is already low on agreeability as it is, is it any wonder he would be bitter after having all the above served to him in one evening?

Do we ever see Tommy treat MC with anything but hostility? YES, we absolutely do. And the fact that these events are sparse does not make them any less significant as you put it. They are evidence of Tommy's true character, in tandem with his default asshole demeanor.

The thing about Tommy is that while he is definitely an asshole, it seems pretty clear there's nothing personal about it. Unlike Chad or Tybalt (who have an axe to grind with the MC in particular), Tommy is just a self-centered jerk in general. The only reason the MC seems to get more of it is because Tommy is in a position of power over him, and Tommy enjoys power whenever he can get it (hence why he sticks so close to Rusty).

So Tommy enjoyed making the MC suffer as part of Hell Week, simply because he could. But he'd also treat the MC with respect when he thought it. was merited (such as when he thinks he's hitting on Sage), and he never tried to kick the MC out. Even his epic whine at the end of Episode 5 is about how Rusty should make their problems vanish, not about the MC for suggesting they fix the problems themselves.

So I do think it's possible Tommy could seem a lot more pleasant to be around now that the MC is a DIK. His opposition to the MC's plan to rebuild the mansion is likely to be nothing more than Tommy bitching a lot about how long it's taking.

Now if Rusty is removed and Tommy takes over the DIKs, that might change things. Tommy would once again be in a position of authority, and would expect all the perks that come with it (while ranting over any shred of responsibility, naturally). Since the MC claims he's done with blindly executing stupid orders, that seems certain to end in conflict.

But would that be enough to make things personal with Tommy? Maybe. Consider Quinn. Her antics with Josy were specifically intended to piss off Tommy, and it clearly worked. Yet he still considered her his closest friend and confidant until she actually backed out of the deal with him and left then DIKs hanging. That was what it took to make things personal.

So my guess is that if the MC opposes Tommy, Tommy will be furious and take that anger out on the MC. But he will probably only cross the line if the MC actually disobeys direct orders, or tries to persuade other DIKs to do so. Then Tommy would do everything he could to remove the MC from the DIKs.

tl;dr Tommy will enthusiastically yell at the MC, but he will not take action against the MC unless he replaces Rusty as the president of the DIKs and the MC refuses to obey him.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
How would something like that even work though? Through one significant/Major choice or a sum of choices you've made throughout the game after having some time to think about an offer that will impact the kind of ending your MC gets?
If something like that were to happen, I'd imagine it would either be that the MC is given time to decide on what to do, i.e. until the end of the game, or he will simply be granted access to the money without any choice but can later decide (at the end) whether to keep it or shun it. Having it branch within the story would probably be too much as it would create two separate paths, but a few different renders and lines of dialogue with each of the LI endings would not likely be as much work.

In either case, whether he's given it automatically or has to decide what to do, having the people at the college find out about it would be interesting for the story as he could get both advice and pressure about what to do and it would be interesting to see how others react to it and what their attitudes are to both it and him when they find out.

Noor Oneal

Oct 26, 2019
If something like that were to happen, I'd imagine it would either be that the MC is given time to decide on what to do, i.e. until the end of the game, or he will simply be granted access to the money without any choice but can later decide (at the end) whether to keep it or shun it. Having it branch within the story would probably be too much as it would create two separate paths, but a few different renders and lines of dialogue with each of the LI endings would not likely be as much work.

In either case, whether he's given it automatically or has to decide what to do, having the people at the college find out about it would be interesting for the story as he could get both advice and pressure about what to do and it would be interesting to see how others react to it and what their attitudes are to both it and him when they find out.
It indeed would be fun, The letter has to be the next big thing to push the story further.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes