felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The problem with Josy and Maya is their now a package deal. Josy already had barely any screen time and know she has to share it with Maya and her character development is also now tied in with Maya as well. Most side girls have more screentime and development than Josy in my opinion.
I also believe that the current situation, with triangle or not, is very dangerous. one of the 3 will come out badly, and the odds are absolutely against MC for many reasons:
1) it becomes difficult to believe Josy dumps Maya, I already hear the whining ...
2) the opposite is even more unlikely
3) moreover MC is the one with other love interests, which could be reproached at any moment

it is a triangle where one of the 3 vertices, Maya, is always in difficulty, in need of help, and the other 2 hardly turn their backs on her (MC could do it, but this is not in the character)

only a big event can change the situation, at this moment there are no possible developments, everything will continue by inertia otherwise

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I also believe that the current situation, with triangle or not, is very dangerous. one of the 3 will come out badly, and the odds are absolutely against MC for many reasons:
1) it becomes difficult to believe Josy dumps Maya, I already hear the whining ...
2) the opposite is even more unlikely
3) moreover MC is the one with other love interests, which could be reproached at any moment

it is a triangle where one of the 3 vertices, Maya, is always in difficulty, in need of help, and the other 2 hardly turn their backs on her (MC could do it, but this is not in the character)

only a big event can change the situation, at this moment there are no possible developments, everything will continue by inertia otherwise
Yeah I agree I think that relationship will eventually break down and I think Maya's dad will be the main reason for it. I think the MC will have to help them deal with it regardless whether he is in a relationship with them or not I think they will break up.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
But I have a speculation that MC's mother might be a Royce. That would be a massive twist if you pursue Jill. I don't know whether that would be an interesting one or just straight up lazy and creepy.
If anything, she'll turn out to be a Burgmeister making the MC and Rusty cousins, but she certainly won't be a Royce.

First and last time I talk about those two but I wanted to say this: for me DPC completely ruined two main girls just to put his plot twist there and piss off literally every player. How much better would have it been if they didn't know each other? Think about it, Josy arrives at B&R and is assigned to Maya's dorm, they become very good friends just like Mona and Camila and decide to join the HOTs together, while the MC keeps on screwing around with both of them separately and with the other girls too. At some point they understand that they both like the MC, they start becoming jealous at each other and late in the game you must choose one of them, breaking the other's heart, or reject both of them for another main girl, why not. Add some more drama on the way that spices things a bit more and you have a story which makes actually sense.

But no, he had to put his plot twist and a stupid and unnatural threesome that no one needed and no one is invested in, or an absurdly awkward friendship. Now Josy and Maya are two characters that not only are depressing and boring with all their problems, and frustrating with their lack of clarity with you and with each other, but unreliable too since they could cheat on you with the first coworker/roommate they stumble upon with, if they would ever feel 'alone' again. Maya herself at 18/19 years old doesn't even know whether she's bi or lesbian, what a joke lmao.

That said, all of this is pretty sad because Maya and Josy were nice and actually fun to pursue when they were alone and had strong fanbases before the revelation, why destroying everything that way and that early in the game? It's not surprising they are the least favourite main girls now. I hope that DPC will save them in some way, but I see it very hard at this point.
Them being in a relationship could have worked better if they hadn't gotten over everything so quickly in ep 4. That's what I feel was so grating about the whole thing, not the fact that they were in a relationship.

When the MC confronted them and the whole situation in ep 4, they shouldn't have so easily forgiven and forgotten everything, not just the cheating with the MC but also all the arguments and harsh words they'd clearly been exchanging with each other before that. They should have expressed uncertainty about their feelings for each other, their feelings for the MC, and about what to do next. Then they could have their moment with the MC where he says his piece about what he's feeling and the "friendship" path would have had them all be friends and the "something more" path would have felt better as it would make the MC feel the centrepiece of the throuple rather than the 3rd wheel.

Having them in a relationship is fine, DPC just didn't stick the landing very well.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:love::love: Gorgeous.
We got pretty good idea what drama with the other girls will involve but Sage one is yet to be revealed. The only hint we had was when she got mad over Quinn suggestion to go back home for sponsorship. Another runaway ?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
And ironically, popular side girls (Camila, Riona, Quinn, Lily, Envy...) are actually all single :(

As for Sage and Chad, their relationship is a pivotal point of the story. The MC initially didn't give a shit about Dik and Alpha's feud, until he interfered with Chad and Sage's argument (even he doesn't interfere, Chad still believes he was trying to make a move on Sage). Chad and Dawe started to act hostile toward the MC which make his rivalry with Alpha far more personal. Thanks to the confrontation, the Diks considered the MC as a potential pledge.

If Sage wasn't Chad's girlfriend, she wouldn't have used the MC as a spy. Chad wouldn't have suspected him to be his blackmailer. He wouldn't have attacked him, he wouldn't have been suspended, The MC Wouldn't have spent the night with Jill, the Alphas wouldn't have stop ordering pill, Quinn wouldn't have lost a source a profit. In short, lots of indirect consequences.

But yes, given what we know so far the relationship doesn't make much sense due Chad's complete lack of interest for Sage. Ep5 flashback implied they have been together for at least one year. It's hard to believe the relationship lasted so long if he can't even kiss her.

My main problem so far is love triangle. Josy and Maya were more enjoyable individually, the drama was unnecessary and too forced. I fear a similar path with Jill and Bella. They already seem to have personal issues with their past. It would be horribly redundant if they were effectively romantically involved in the past.
There is a certain logic to making the side girls single. DPC loves cranking up the drama, and giving the main girls preexisting relationships insures drama a plenty (forced though it may be). But the side girls are mostly there for world building and gratuitous sex scenes. Keeping them single makes it relatively easy to bang them while the drama remains centered on the main girls.

As for the Maya/Josy tangle, if the end goal is to provide a happy threesome ending, I think this was a good way to do it. If the two of them only got together because they were both dating the MC, it would have felt extremely simplistic and opened up questions about why we couldn't get a proper harem ending (for those who want one). By making the two a couple in their own right, adding the MC to the mix feel like a more natural way to end up in a poly relationship: each of the trio has an independent relationship with the other two. At least in theory.

Obviously, the execution needed more work. I agree their combined relationship thus far has not looked too healthy, in large part because it needs to maintain the ability of the MC to participate in the rest of the game. But by the same token, the fact that there's so much game left means we will have the chance to fix that.

If the main M&J drama for the rest of the game is about slowly building up this tricky relationship into a lasting success, then I think the twist will be a net positive for the game. We will have effectively earned our happy ending with the two. But if the relationship remains open and casual until near the end, or worse yet if it is ultimately doomed no matter what we do, then I think making Maya and Josy a couple was a mistake.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There is a certain logic to making the side girls single. DPC loves cranking up the drama, and giving the main girls preexisting relationships insures drama a plenty (forced though it may be). But the side girls are mostly there for world building and gratuitous sex scenes. Keeping them single makes it relatively easy to bang them while the drama remains centered on the main girls.

As for the Maya/Josy tangle, if the end goal is to provide a happy threesome ending, I think this was a good way to do it. If the two of them only got together because they were both dating the MC, it would have felt extremely simplistic and opened up questions about why we couldn't get a proper harem ending (for those who want one). By making the two a couple in their own right, adding the MC to the mix feel like a more natural way to end up in a poly relationship: each of the trio has an independent relationship with the other two. At least in theory.

Obviously, the execution needed more work. I agree their combined relationship thus far has not looked too healthy, in large part because it needs to maintain the ability of the MC to participate in the rest of the game. But by the same token, the fact that there's so much game left means we will have the chance to fix that.

If the main M&J drama for the rest of the game is about slowly building up this tricky relationship into a lasting success, then I think the twist will be a next positive for the game. We will have effectively earned our happy ending with the two. But if the relationship remains open and casual until near the end, or worse yet if it is ultimately doomed no matter what we do, then I think making Maya and Josy a couple was a mistake.
the relationship is not open

only MC is allowed to attend others, there is no sign that Maya and Josy want to do the same. and MC is given this freedom to push him into another "normal" relationship

for this it is a big trap, the two girl are the starting pair and MC is the reserve

if this little harem has any chance of success, MC has to cut off almost every other relationship, maybe he could carry on some very clandestine (Sage's fuck buddy for example), surely not Jill. is it worth it?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
the relationship is not open

only MC is allowed to attend others, there is no sign that Maya and Josy want to do the same. and MC is given this freedom to push him into another "normal" relationship

for this it is a big trap, the two girl are the starting pair and MC is the reserve

if this little harem has any chance of success, MC has to cut off almost every other relationship, maybe he could carry on some very clandestine (Sage's fuck buddy for example), surely not Jill. is it worth it?
contrast_maya.jpg
Maya explicitly says there are no strings for anyone. I agree it seems very unlikely Maya or Josy will fool around with someone else, but that's what the three agree to. It would probably have be better to call it a casual relationship rather than an open one, but they are deliberately asking for no commitments at this point.

Now I agree that if the MC keeps fooling around with other girls it will eventually doom his relationship with Maya and Josy. I'm just hoping there will ultimately be a way to make it work if the MC does behave hismelf.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Now I agree that if the MC keeps fooling around with other girls it will eventually doom his relationship with Maya and Josy.
I wouldn't say that it will "doom" their relationship, only that it will likely force the eventual choice. Josy at least knows that he had a date with Jill and, much like her, she probably doesn't like the idea of there being competition for the MC's affections, but both her and Maya know what they're signing up for and if they find out that he's continuing to see Jill and seeing Sage then that's just something they have to deal with. All they can really do is spend time with him as well and hope that he picks them, but I don't think that them knowing about who else he is dating is going to cause their relationship with him to end.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
View attachment 717900
Maya explicitly says there are no strings for anyone. I agree it seems very unlikely Maya or Josy will fool around with someone else, but that's what the three agree to. It would probably have be better to call it a casual relationship rather than an open one, but they are deliberately asking for no commitments at this point.

Now I agree that if the MC keeps fooling around with other girls it will eventually doom his relationship with Maya and Josy. I'm just hoping there will ultimately be a way to make it work if the MC does behave hismelf.
the dynamics of their dialogue seems quite evident to me.

MC, who is a suicidal aspirant, is ready to end his other relationships / dating, Maya tells him to continue as well.
Maya replies to MC, MC promises loyalty, Maya refuses

the relationship between Maya and Josy is never questioned, it is not open, it is not casual, even when MC ran away after Josy's surprise the relationship was already official.
then MC blessed it in the library of the DIKs, but it was an unnecessary passage.

there is a tiny possibility that this could lead to unexpected developments: for example if Josy was having an affair with someone else (I can't imagine who) nobody could complain ...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I wouldn't say that it will "doom" their relationship, only that it will likely force the eventual choice. Josy at least knows that he had a date with Jill and, much like her, she probably doesn't like the idea of there being competition for the MC's affections, but both her and Maya know what they're signing up for and if they find out that he's continuing to see Jill and seeing Sage then that's just something they have to deal with. All they can really do is spend time with him as well and hope that he picks them, but I don't think that them knowing about who else he is dating is going to cause their relationship with him to end.
this would be true if MC didn't want to give up his "sexual" freedom, but it's not like that

he is ready, he declares it in front of both

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
the dynamics of their dialogue seems quite evident to me.

MC, who is a suicidal aspirant, is ready to end his other relationships / dating, Maya tells him to continue as well.
Maya replies to MC, MC promises loyalty, Maya refuses

the relationship between Maya and Josy is never questioned, it is not open, it is not casual, even when MC ran away after Josy's surprise the relationship was already official.
then MC blessed it in the library of the DIKs, but it was an unnecessary passage.

there is a tiny possibility that this could lead to unexpected developments: for example if Josy was having an affair with someone else (I can't imagine who) nobody could complain ...
I see it differently.

The MC seems very reluctant to give up dating other girls. He mentions that he's dating others several times prior to the picnic (especially if he's interested in Jill, rather than just pissing Tybalt off). To me, his comment at the picnic sounds like he is only bringing the subject up because he expects M&J will want him to stop. When Maya says he can keep dating others, he is very quick to agree.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I see it differently.

The MC seems very reluctant to give up dating other girls. He mentions that he's dating others several times prior to the picnic (especially if he's interested in Jill, rather than just pissing Tybalt off). To me, his comment at the picnic sounds like he is only bringing the subject up because he expects M&J will want him to stop. When Maya says he can keep dating others, he is very quick to agree.
I do not believe

but the situation doesn't change much. in your opinion MC would officially ask for permission to date others, and Maya replied that all of them can do it (in this case it would be even more evident that this freedom is only valid for MC).

for MC there is always an open door, but the exit door

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't mean they will be upset that the MC did what they told him he could. I mean that at some point in the future, if the MC keeps pursuing other girls, M&J will conclude his feelings for them aren't really love and one or both will call the relationship off. In other words, you can't get a harem ending; you'll eventually need to choose M&J instead of the others.

In the meantime I think they will indeed accept the MC dating others, though it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually start to feel jealous or sad about it. We will probably have to pay close attention to how they react to different events so that we can nip that problem in the bud if and when it happens.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't mean they will be upset that the MC did what they told him he could. I mean that at some point in the future, if the MC keeps pursuing other girls, M&J will conclude his feelings for them aren't really love and one or both will call the relationship off. In other words, you can't get a harem ending; you'll eventually need to choose M&J instead of the others.
If their relationship crosses over into boyfriend and girlfriends, then yes, him continuing to date others will have an affect, but if it's all still just dating then I don't see them calling what they have off.

In the meantime I think they will indeed accept the MC dating others, though it wouldn't surprise me if they eventually start to feel jealous or sad about it. We will probably have to pay close attention to how they react to different events so that we can nip that problem in the bud if and when it happens.
I doubt we'll have to pay such close attention to their reactions to certain things as that would be just a bit too in-depth for something like this if we're having to observe their words, actions, or other small details like that. If anything it will probably just come down to the choices we make, like if there's a choice between a M&J event or a Sage event and not doing the M&J event will affect the realtionship with them. Also, if there's a moment where the L-word gets dropped and the MC has the option to say it back, saying it and still dating others may have an impact as would not saying it.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes