lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah I wouldn't be that excited if I were you. I'm saying this cause when I played the chick m&j path, It did nothing but piss me off and you might realise what I'm tryna say when Josy doesn't let you touch her phone and pulls up with the "would you let me go through your phone?" Thats just absurd. Like bitch I just want to check out your playlist but fine be a secretive cunt. And don't even get me started on Maya :rolleyes: how are you gonna be in a relationship when a bitch is this stingy over a fucking soda?? Huh?? Okay we get it it's your favourite soda but you don't gotta feed it to me to make sure I don't take much:cautious:.....stingy ass. Hey I don't have anything against these two girls but I don't see a future with both of them together, to me that scene was just pointless and made me not like them more.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If my memory on this classic serves me correct, Joey is a self-centered, selfish prick right? Also they are friends, MC and Maya should be "more than friends" :ROFLMAO: But the fact that someone shares and some people doesn't is universally true.
He was from a large Italian American family, had a dad who worked in a low income job and a stay-at-home mum living in the most expensive city in the world. I imagine there frequently wasn't much food available growing up.

LordDiabl0

Feb 19, 2019
Is there going to be a harem path so that the Mc can get all the girls or you can only choose one girl? Because I prefer much the harem path but if I had to choose betwwen all girls I would choose the librarian girl or the rich girl.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Is there going to be a harem path so that the Mc can get all the girls or you can only choose one girl?
No harem path, the Maya/Josy route may be a possible end game state and some players suspect there may be something similar with Jill and Bella (maybe an open relationship) but you will have to make choices

Marauder_00

Jul 5, 2020
The resolution to the Maya/Josy crisis in the library has been much discussed here. Some people hate it, and even those who like it generally agree it was rushed and did a poor job of addressing the core issues. Episode 5 seems to spend a little time retroactively trying to smooth over some of the roughest edges, so I suspect we aren't the only ones unhappy with it. There's even some indication that it might be possible to rekindle a relationship with one of the girls if you go the friendship route. We don't know for certain, but I know some people are hoping for it.

For myself, I understand what the twist was going for and I'm willing to go along with it because I think Maya and Josy make a cute couple. But I do miss the days of romancing Maya alone. My first playthrough was similar to yours, avoiding the other girls to focus exclusively on Maya. (Somewhat ironically, at the time I had wished for the option to spend the night just talking with Josy rather than sleeping with her. What headaches that might have saved!)

I was surprised by the reveal at the end of Episode 3, but it made enough sense I found the MC's reaction a little overboard. As I said, I was willing to try the triangle because I would feel terrible breaking up M&J, but I do think the game lost something in the transition.

The early days with Maya really are the best example of the MC bonding with any of the girls. The two click together very naturally and Maya's hesitant flirtation is endearing. So far, it hasn't really translated all that well into the three-way relationship. But as I was saying last night, hope springs eternal.
I used to think this, and if it was me actually in the story I’d feel this way but something Ive started to remind myself since playing this through again recently is the MC isn’t me, he is as much a character in this as Maya or Josy. We make choices for
him but how he feels and how he sees the girls are his opinions, Not ours.

He was never “faithful” to Maya regardless of your choices because the MC doesn’t consider them in a relationship. You as a player can be faithful to her but the MC as a character doesn’t see her that way. He was never forgoing sex with other characters for Maya. You might have chosen for that reason but the MC doesn’t have that motivation. You’re assigning weight to those decisions the MC as a character never has. By not fucking Sage the MC doesn’t fall in love with Maya. He feels the same for her regardless of how many girls he bangs.

He says quite a few times in the story how casual his relationships are. At the end of the day he’s known Maya for less than two weeks (Prior to Ep4 it was just over a week). It’s not absurd he didn’t think there was anything of substance between them. The story makes much more sense if you consider Maya nothing more than a crush and take the MC at his word about why he was upset in Ep4. The lying, not any sort of worry the girls cheated on him.

Maya/Josy don’t help things by being borderline bunny boilers but if you treat this as MC having at best a crush on them, being annoyed they lied but in Ep4 deciding to forgive them for lying and try dating (or just be friends) the story flows much better.

Ep5 changes things with much more emotional attachment (being hamstrung with the whole no strings thing) but between Ep1 and the twist in Ep3 the MC is very casual about his relationships with them. They’re not in relationships, they’re just people who met and were attracted to one another... and occasionally had casual sex.

Again, if I was in MC’s position I would feel as you do. I’d have stormed out that room and so on... but the MC isn’t me, he’s much more casual about all this.
Thanks for the insights, guys. I can't help feeling invested and really putting myself on the shoes of the protagonist, and I do understand that not always the MC would do the same things that I do or feel the same as I do.
Personally, I just can't shake the feeling that the best course of action for the game would be without this whole relationship between them. I think the "conflict" would be more interesting (and not as unbelievable) if it was just "now the two girls I have feelings for are here" instead of the whole mess we got ourselves into. But for that to happen Maya's relationship probably shouldn't have progressed so fast, since we're not even halfway through the game if we are really getting ~20 episodes (personally I don't think we'll have so many, since that would put the end of the game at about 2025 at the current release pace).
Still, like was said, I'm hoping for the best (i.e. Maya only route).

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
This one will be definitely my choice.
It's a good choice but remember it's purely hypothetical at this point.

It is however consistent with my hypothesis that, since the Dik/Chick metre is divided into 7 groups of 4 blocks and whittled down by major choices, the MC's end state will make him compatible with just 1 of the 5 LIs (the other 2 levels being reserved for the poly and hypothetical open relationship routes) and if we, the players, haven't built up sufficient RP with that LI then we get a sad ending.

Karl Franz 77

Dec 21, 2017
It's a good choice but remember it's purely hypothetical at this point.

It is however consistent with my hypothesis that, since the Dik/Chick metre is divided into 7 groups of 4 blocks and whittled down by major choices, the MC's end state will make him compatible with just 1 of the 5 LIs (the other 2 levels being reserved for the poly and hypothetical open relationship routes) and if we, the players, haven't built up sufficient RP with that LI then we get a sad ending.
I know, we will have to wait 2-3 years to see the ending. But i don't care.

Anxiaus

May 24, 2020
Does anyone else have a problem starting the newest patch. I have .5.1 in the corner but when i go to my save and try to continue it keeps saying that ive reached the end.

Karl Franz 77

Dec 21, 2017
Does anyone else have a problem starting the newest patch. I have .5.1 in the corner but when i go to my save and try to continue it keeps saying that ive reached the end.
Did you play the 5.0 chapter before downlowading the patch or is the 4?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If you're starting from 0.5 then you're alreasdy reached the end of the content since 0.51 is just a bugfix.

If you're playing from 0.4 then roll back 5 or 6 screens and try again, renpy sometimes fails to register the new version of the game from the final screen.

Reactions: Karl Franz 77

RadioSW

Nov 7, 2019
DPC has stated, no Harem, No Incest
But I have a speculation that MC's mother might be a Royce. That would be a massive twist if you pursue Jill. I don't know whether that would be an interesting one or just straight up lazy and creepy.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018

RadioSW

Nov 7, 2019

Chimchong83

Jun 26, 2020
Is there a save with all scenes/renders unlocked up to 0.5.x? I just finished my first playthrough and didn't have enough CHICK points to reconcile the Maya/Josy relationship and it's literally making me depressed.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes