Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
For me a real CHICK must really be oriented towards a single relation limiting all the others on the other hand the title of the game is called "being a dik" anyway so it would be a little contradictory to develop a path less than the other. On top of that, for the moment, I believe that there is as much sex scene as a DIK as as a CHICK

EDIT : We also tend to forget the NEUTRAL affiliation
That's cause at this point Neutral doesn't have any specific girls. Bella and Josy (individual path if there is one) maybe. Sage DIK Jill Chick Maya Chick Bella ? Josy ?

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
On the dik side i’m More interested in the repeated encounters with existing hot side girls rather than girls we haven’t slept with.
Lol don't you jinx my KRJ and real world spanking session with Sandy :LOL: In all fairness I'm sure there will be plenty of repeats Melanie/Sarah/Riona keep popping up, Heather maybe on the horizon

• Haha
Reactions: DatFatFrog

DatFatFrog

May 3, 2017
That's cause at this point Neutral doesn't have any specific girls. Bella and Josy (individual path if there is one) maybe. Sage DIK Jill Chick Maya Chick Bella ? Josy ?
I think that in NEUTRAL the relationship with Maya and Josy does not change, need a confirmation for that

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I don't think there is going to be less just more balanced. The casual sex is still going to be available. Think of all the girls we haven't slept with. KRJ, Sandy, etc. etc. I think the Chick side is going to be more heavy with possible permanent relationships vs Dik side of Sage and casual encounters.
I feel like we kind of said the same thing, more or less. In LIs it seems to be 4 to 1 in favour of CHICK (or if my intuition is right there might be a Josy solo path for DIKs).

Speaking of sex scenes we had almost all the content imaginable with Sage already, I don't see what future scenes with her can do that we haven't already seen. There can be more girls, of course, but they would probably be more one night stands. It could be enough to compensate. (That makes me think of something which I don't know why DPA isn't doing right now. He could present three girls in Swyper in one version, and then run a poll on them to meet them in person in the following episode, something like that. It feels underused right now).

But speaking of relationships it's still 1 to 4 (or 1+1 to 4 if I'm right with Josy). As much as I want to have some background to some girls (Camila, Riona, Quinn, Sarah, Nicole... (KRJ :love:, and I haven't forgotten about Beth either :ROFLMAO: ) it would still be very one sided. You can't possibly develop all of those women.
For me a real CHICK must really be oriented towards a single relation limiting all the others on the other hand the title of the game is called "being a dik" anyway so it would be a little contradictory to develop a path less than the other. On top of that, for the moment, I believe that there is as much sex scene as a DIK as as a CHICK

EDIT : We also tend to forget the NEUTRAL affiliation
I agree with that, but it's still CHICK content, even if you need more than one playthrough for each one.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I think that in NEUTRAL the relationship with Maya and Josy does not change, need a confirmation for that
Nope it works in Neut. as well. I just meant Maya seems more Chick than Josy who has shown in the past that she likes Dik actions.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks that Heather has a facial problem, I mean compared to a lot of other characters her face makes me uncomfortable
Lol Sage before he reworked her made me cringe a little face wise so I can relate.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Callin it right now. The secret behind Bella's locked door is that her husband's decomposing body is sitting upright in his office chair. And ofc my evil queen was the one to kill him. Bella has simply convinced herself that he went AWOL on her. Psychopath Bella is canon :cool:

if Bella killed him, he deserved it :mad:

Playstorepers

May 24, 2020
I am pretty sure I will just state the obvious, but:

All this "forced romance" is a necessary evil. Implementation of the story in other ways would simply not be possible. So complaining about it seems just plain stupid to me ("I dont want to date Josy" "I tried my best to avoid Maya and we still kissed" "I tried my best to piss off Jill and we still went on a date" "That's not how it should be - Stupid Illusion of choice" yadayadayada).
Forced Romance as in: Kissing Maya, Date with Josy, Date with Jill etc.
It is absolutely impossible to avoid those scenarios, due to the plot and how it's driven.

You can ignore Bella and/or Sage during chapter 4 but in the end Sage and Bella will befriend you back in Chapter 5. Same with Josy and Maya. That's cause all of those characters are important for the plot.
And tbh that's how it should be.

DPC crafted a very interesting story, where everything does happen in a fixed way. Your choices technically only affect which H-scenes you can and will see. But the overall plot demands every single Love Interest to be present and that's the best decision DPC could make to create such a good game.

I am pretty sure that the ending will be an accumulation of your choices and different endings will be available, but knowing DPC I am quite positive, that most choices in this game do not matter for the overall plot (THAT'S how it should be btw, lest you want to program/write a 1TB Renpy game).

I am still mad when people complain about the affection system, the dating system and whatnot after they played the game 5 times and gamed the system. It's not really meant to be gamed. If you look at it with a more experienced/gamified viewpoint with DIK points/Relationship points, of course the game falls apart.

But playing the game for the first time and making decisions on a very personal level with the feedback at the end of each chapter how much Chick/Dik you are: Wonderful decision by DPC. Kudos to such a great design.

And yes. That forced romance was a big reason why I did not like Acting lessons that much. It really dragged down my experience being forced into a relationship with Megan, while not being interested in any of those girls. Still... I enjoyed the game and I knew that it was a necessary sacrifice DPC made.

TLDR: Dont complain about forced romance and/or the point/affinity system, unless they are blowing it WAY out of proportion/context. If you do I can't help myself rolling my eyes at you.

Last edited:

HellCrusherz

Apr 5, 2018
Unofficial patch to update Being a DIK from v0.5.0 or v0.5.1 to v0.5.2.

This is a bugfix patch, only containing files altered in v0.5.1 or v0.5.2.

Windows/Linux (4.3 MB): MEGA -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: 20200627 - Update files packed in RPA.
Thank you its working!!

Reactions: Meushi

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Sorry i'm french i didn't think about that :ROFLMAO:
The word can mean both things, you're good. That was me being an ass :ROFLMAO: . Just a bit of wordplay.
I her defense I think it was more a surprise thing. Add in the fact that she wasn't involved and I can understand.
Yeah, I think she may have pretended to be offended. I'm not sure if she's that prude as she was in that scene or she just had to be. I don't know if she's curious but doesn't want to cheat or what.

4.80 star(s) 1,521 Votes