Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
The problem here is that MC is overly good to them even after friendzoning them. After kicking them to the curb, he's giving them the wrong impression and signal that he still cares, thus confusing them.

As I told someone before, there is no such thing as regarding a female as "friend" for a male, especially attractive ones. For a male to befriend a female, the female has to attract the male first for him to even consider it.

I am not sure about the culture in this game, but the relationship development from first met -> attracted -> sex -> break up -> get back together -> make up sex -> threesome in 2 weeks in warp speed in my books.
I don't see how the MC is confusing them. Depending on the choices made in the library and after that you have very little interaction with Maya and Josy until the ANO party. Depending on the MC's choices you could have just said "Just friends" turned around and left. How is that confusing? Maya and Josy start the interaction in the ANO house not the MC. It could potentially be "Hey I know we told you your not worth it for us but could you please come with me to see my Dad?" Doesn't fly Brotha. The game makes no distinction between which path your on. So far our choices have eliminated what we do or don't see but they don't affect the story at all.

Wow you don't think much of "men" do you? I have female friends that I don't want to fuck or even be more than friends with. Absolute stereotypes will always get you in trouble. Trust me their are exceptions for everything in life.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
New survey about Jill's outfit. View attachment 718471
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit: FYI The top 3 outfits will enter a new poll on Friday. Then all patrons who spend $10 or more can vote to choose the winner.
4...ala Emma Peel The Avengers. ...And that's the old searies from the 60s not the other one!!

Last edited:

Alfagrem

Aug 23, 2017
Having just done the '-RP' route, I wouldn't say that the choices you make preclude the LI having some kind of feelings for you.

When you turn down sex with Josy at her home you're doing so for a valid & honest reason. You're not calling her a slut, telling her she's physically repulsive, stupid or anything else which might lead you to question why she might still want you further down the line.

The only relationship forcing the DPK does on the MC is when you kiss Isabella (when drunk) and Maya in the park other then that it's generally the LI that force the interaction on the MC - Jill on the couch, Sage after the Chad fight, Maya grinding.

Reactions: JohnDelfino

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Having just done the '-RP' route, I wouldn't say that the choices you make preclude the LI having some kind of feelings for you.

When you turn down sex with Josy at her home you're doing so for a valid & honest reason. You're not calling her a slut, telling her she's physically repulsive, stupid or anything else which might lead you to question why she might still want you further down the line.

The only relationship forcing the DPK does on the MC is when you kiss Isabella (when drunk) and Maya in the park other then that it's generally the LI that force the interaction on the MC - Jill on the couch, Sage after the Chad fight, Maya grinding.
Of course they can develope feelings for you even when you are not really interested on them, those things happen all the time. But the MC have like 6 obvious LI and me as a player expect some agency on chosing who am I interested in. I just want to end things with Josy and make every choice available to avoid any kind of love relationship with her, but in the end not only she's still interested on me (as I said, this can happen) but I have to read the MC (me!) having doubts about it and trapping himself in an emotional trap that I just want to avoid and that could be easily avoided just by having an honest conversation with her. I mean, I just want to be able to tell her politely to fuck off, but I can't because it's the main story of the game. OK, if the game were exclusively about that relationship I wouldn't mind and I would try to live with it and act accordingly (as I did in AL when I saw Megan relationship was kind of mandatory), but when I have plenty of other options available I just can't stand being forced into one of them.

Edit.- TL;DR: probably my main issue is not that some situations aren't avoidable, but that the way they are written makes me feel I'm not really controlling the MC. I'm behaving in a certain way to avoid a certain relationship, I'm constantly choosing to ignore a certain character, but the very own MC seems to be oblivious of why I'm doing that, although it should be quite obvious that I'm not interested in her

Last edited:
Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Of course they can develope feelings for you even when you are not really interested on them, those things happen all the time. But the MC have like 6 obvious LI and me as a player expect some agency on chosing who am I interested in. I just want to end things with Josy and make every choice available to avoid any kind of love relationship with her, but in the end not only she's still interested on me (as I said, this can happen) but I have to read the MC (me!) having doubts about it and trapping himself in an emotional trap that I just want to avoid and that could be easily avoided just by having an honest conversation with her. I mean, I just want to be able to tell her politely to fuck off, but I can't because it's the main story of the game. OK, if the game were exclusively about that relationship I wouldn't mind and I would try to live with it and act accordingly (as I did in AL when I saw Megan relationship was kind of mandatory), but when I have plenty of other options available I just can't stand being forced into one of them.

Edit.- TL;DR: probably my main issue is not that some situations aren't avoidable, but that the way they are written makes me feel I'm not really controlling the MC. I'm behaving in a certain way to avoid a certain relationship, I'm constantly choosing to ignore a certain character, but the very own MC seems to be oblivious of why I'm doing that, although it should be quite obvious that I'm not interested in her
To me it seems like he has created what should have been a KN rather than a VN. Our choices are to see/not to see content but the overall story keeps on rolling along with us being dragged along with our illusion of choice along for the ride.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Dec 20, 2019
I don't see how the MC is confusing them. Depending on the choices made in the library and after that you have very little interaction with Maya and Josy until the ANO party. Depending on the MC's choices you could have just said "Just friends" turned around and left. How is that confusing? Maya and Josy start the interaction in the ANO house not the MC. It could potentially be "Hey I know we told you your not worth it for us but could you please come with me to see my Dad?" Doesn't fly Brotha. The game makes no distinction between which path your on. So far our choices have eliminated what we do or don't see but they don't affect the story at all.
Sometimes people can get confused just by getting the wrong impression. It's something my wife is dealing with now, in the sense that she cares too much about others and gets frustrated even though the other party is not aware of the shit they are doing. Likewise MC can be strutting and says my conscience is clear but the way he handle things can make others confused about what he really wants.

Look at the choices we make in the game. Some of us are striving for harem route (me included), doesn't it make all the LIs we're fucking around with wonder WTF is he doing going around sleeping with others when he wants to date me? Granted they do not know about the escapades YET (except for Josy and Maya), but when they find out, there will be hell to pay. Don't you often sees situations (in game or real life) where the girl is teasing the guy but friendzones and blueballs him? Doesn't that make the guy confused about WTF the girl actually wants? Holy Bacchus in some post eons ago highlighted the difference in conversations for both routes, especially on how Maya felt, cried and asked why MC cares about her after telling them he just want to be friends.

Another situation is if you tell Josy and Maya you want to be more than friends, then you are forced to choose one of them outside the campus when Josy's dad dropped off the luggage, that decision might come back and bite you since Josy found you in bed with Maya (even though if you choose Josy, Maya might or might not find out but you still left her crying alone without comforting her).

Just saying that it might be a straight-forward game, but if we really psycho analyze them, you will notice all these and get brain orgasm.
Wow you don't think much of "men" do you? I have female friends that I don't want to fuck or even be more than friends with. Absolute stereotypes will always get you in trouble. Trust me their are exceptions for everything in life.
Sorry brotha that's how I'm viewing most men. A huge cleansing is needed. Although I agree that there are a few decent people out there, my view of this world is warped and that Covid-19 should have wiped a lot of people away (except for the people here, because you guys are cool! And the game developers so that I still get to play my games), just like how this game is warping my view on colleges right now.

Edit: PS. No offense to anyone who lost someone to Covid. I'm just waiting for Armageddon to hit this shitty world.

Reactions: Karl Franz 77

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
To me it seems like he has created what should have been a KN rather than a VN. Our choices are to see/not to see content but the overall story keeps on rolling along with us being dragged along with our illusion of choice along for the ride.
Well, I get the overall story need to keep on rolling, what I'm wondering is if that story really needs us to be in a full dramatic love relationship with those girls. I can feel for my friends too while having fun with others, and I think that's a path DPC doesn't want to explore (or doesn't know how to do it).

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Sometimes people can get confused just by getting the wrong impression. It's something my wife is dealing with now, in the sense that she cares too much about others and gets frustrated even though the other party is not aware of the shit they are doing. Likewise MC can be strutting and says my conscience is clear but the way he handle things can make others confused about what he really wants.

Look at the choices we make in the game. Some of us are striving for harem route (me included), doesn't it make all the LIs we're fucking around with wonder WTF is he doing going around sleeping with others when he wants to date me? Granted they do not know about the escapades YET (except for Josy and Maya), but when they find out, there will be hell to pay. Don't you often sees situations (in game or real life) where the girl is teasing the guy but friendzones and blueballs him? Doesn't that make the guy confused about WTF the girl actually wants? Holy Bacchus in some post eons ago highlighted the difference in conversations for both routes, especially on how Maya felt, cried and asked why MC cares about her after telling them he just want to be friends.

Another situation is if you tell Josy and Maya you want to be more than friends, then you are forced to choose one of them outside the campus when Josy's dad dropped off the luggage, that decision might come back and bite you since Josy found you in bed with Maya (even though if you choose Josy, Maya might or might not find out but you still left her crying alone without comforting her).

Just saying that it might be a straight-forward game, but if we really psycho analyze them, you will notice all these and get brain orgasm.

Sorry brotha that's how I'm viewing most men. A huge cleansing is needed. Although I agree that there are a few decent people out there, my view of this world is warped and that Covid-19 should have wiped a lot of people away (except for the people here, because you guys are cool! And the game developers so that I still get to play my games), just like how this game is warping my view on colleges right now.

Edit: PS. No offense to anyone who lost someone to Covid. I'm just waiting for Armageddon to hit this shitty world.
Don't let a game warp your view of reality. People suck plain and simple. Games/movies have a (mostly) happy ending.

Reactions: Manuka

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Well, I get the overall story need to keep on rolling, what I'm wondering is if that story really needs us to be in a full dramatic love relationship with those girls. I can feel for my friends too while having fun with others, and I think that's a path DPC doesn't want to explore (or doesn't know how to do it).
We will know at the end but I would be willing to bet that the story doesn't work without all the "full dramatic love relationship". Where would all the drama go if we could honestly just say Go Fuck Yourself to the LI's and have them go poof like most games? I may not like all the forced interactions but I would lay money on the fact that the story won't work without them.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Dec 20, 2019
We will know at the end but I would be willing to bet that the story doesn't work without all the "full dramatic love relationship". Where would all the drama go if we could honestly just say Go Fuck Yourself to the LI's and have them go poof like most games? I may not like all the forced interactions but I would lay money on the fact that the story won't work without them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
We'll see, but why we can't remain friends with Josy and Maya, forgetting all that happened between us because now I'm pursuing other girl/girls, and still support them on her sorority thing and maybe be involved in a hipothetical "life changing" moment with them? There's no need for them to go poof, they can be around and be my friends. But why my MC keeps thinking about something I've made clear with my words and actions that I don't want? Again, the problem is that at this point any functional person could be easily in love with any other character and would have cut romantic ties with the rest, and this doesn't mean we can't still be close and caring friends with them. If something bad happens to any of my friends, I feel miserable too, I don't need a romantic love to feel that. I want that option and I'm just not getting it

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Reading between the lines, and applying a degree of somewhat related personal experience, I see the MC who is going through his early teenage development at age 18.

We know he was bullied and had no friends save for Zoe and we can infer from his conversation that he was necver open with her. We can further infer that his date with Josy right before he left for college was the first time he let himself be vunerable with a girl and that, whereas before he's been closed off, now he's opened the floodgates. He does say that he's getting a lot of crushes lately which is 13-14yo behaviour when everything is so much more dramatic than it even 4 years later.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Reading between the lines, and applying a degree of somewhat related personal experience, I see the MC who is going through his early teenage development at age 18.

We know he was bullied and had no friends save for Zoe and we can infer from his conversation that he was necver open with her. We can further infer that his date with Josy right before he left for college was the first time he let himself be vunerable with a girl and that, whereas before he's been closed off, now he's opened the floodgates. He does say that he's getting a lot of crushes lately which is 13-14yo behaviour when everything is so much more dramatic than it even 4 years later.
Yeah, OK, maybe I forgot that characterization. From that point of view, some MC's reactions could be more understable. Let's see how things turns out in the end

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017

Yeah, OK, maybe I forgot that characterization. From that point of view, some MC's reactions could be more understable. Let's see how things turns out in the end
The problem I see is that I'm willing to bet that most of us don't have a lot in common with the MC at least as far as present day. We probably aren't (almost) 19, on our own for the first time, and coming out of our shells and learning who we are. So when I make a decision and the MC changes it due to story direction/needs it affects my immersion which only makes it harder to get into it.

Reactions: Karl Franz 77

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If I wasn't an idiot and hadn't overwritten by Chick save I wouldn't have remembered either.

___________________ More of a general comment not aimed at you _________________________

Reading the comments over the last couple of pages it seems like the complaints are from people who are actively trying to make the game not work. If that's what you want to do then fine but to complain about things not working afterwards come across as shitty to me. This isn't an RPG with the player as a blank canvas, he has a history and personality which has been defined by it. He's not yet the finished article (who is at 18?) so we the players can install some mods but we can't rewrite the source code, metaphorically speaking.

As a player I am remembering that if your partner is 1 in 1,000,000 then there are 3,500 people just like them. I am therefore playing with the assumption that the Affinity metre works as a compatability metre so that the best final girl is the one who is alligned with the MC once it's been whittled down to a single point; it's then up to the player whether you choose to be with them or not and that's your happy or sad ending.

In summary, I believe that playing for a particular girl is a flawed strategy, you should instead play as close to yourself as the story allows and get whoever turns out to be the best girl for your version of the MC.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
In summary, I believe that playing for a particular girl is a flawed strategy, you should instead play as close to yourself as the story allows and get whoever turns out to be the best girl for your version of the MC.
But that's what I did and that's the reason why the game leaves me a poor impresion narrativewise! You just told me to take into account who the MC is, and then to play as myself. Well, that's what I try to do in every game I play but in BaDIK it's just not working for me, the closest MC to myself is a conflicted 'dramaqueen' that don't let me get rid of a potentially toxic relationship with Maya&Josy (and I feel bad because I really liked Maya, but as for now I can't have anything exclusive with her). That's the weakest point of this game, which otherwise is technically superb.

I've never posted on this thread before (submitted a 4star rating last month, though) but today I took a look and found several comments that more or less expressed my own concerns, so I decided to come along. I want to emphasize that I wish this game and his dev a long, successful and prosper life, and from this last pages I don't get that feeling of people wanting the game to 'not work' (I don't think that's even possible considering its numbers and the general praise it's getting). We're just expressing some issues we have with the storytelling and agency

Reactions: flippityflop

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I’m curious as to how the ending time period will be handled. We are seeing an 18 year old’s first year of college. Personally it would be very jarring to jump massively forward to some marriage and kids epilogue. Will it jump forward to graduation day instead.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
If I wasn't an idiot and hadn't overwritten by Chick save I wouldn't have remembered either.

___________________ More of a general comment not aimed at you _________________________

Reading the comments over the last couple of pages it seems like the complaints are from people who are actively trying to make the game not work. If that's what you want to do then fine but to complain about things not working afterwards come across as shitty to me. This isn't an RPG with the player as a blank canvas, he has a history and personality which has been defined by it. He's not yet the finished article (who is at 18?) so we the players can install some mods but we can't rewrite the source code, metaphorically speaking.

As a player I am remembering that if your partner is 1 in 1,000,000 then there are 3,500 people just like them. I am therefore playing with the assumption that the Affinity metre works as a compatability metre so that the best final girl is the one who is alligned with the MC once it's been whittled down to a single point; it's then up to the player whether you choose to be with them or not and that's your happy or sad ending.

I am not trying to make the game not work. I actually have my "Me Route" or as close as I can get.

However most of the flaws I have noticed are along the rest of the routes trying to see all the rest of the content.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
But that's what I did and that's the reason why the game leaves me a poor impresion narrativewise! You just told me to take into account who the MC is, and then to play as myself. Well, that's what I try to do in every game I play but in BaDIK it's just not working for me, the closest MC to myself is a conflicted 'dramaqueen' that don't let me get rid of a potentially toxic relationship with Maya&Josy (and I feel bad because I really liked Maya, but as for now I can't have anything exclusive with her). That's the weakest point of this game, which otherwise is technically superb.

I've never posted on this thread before (submitted a 4star rating last month, though) but today I took a look and found several comments that more or less expressed my own concerns, so I decided to come along. I want to emphasize that I wish this game and his dev a long, successful and prosper life, and from this last pages I don't get that feeling of people wanting the game to 'not work' (I don't think that's even possible considering its numbers and the general praise it's getting). We're just expressing some issues we have with the storytelling and agency
I think you misunderstand, I don't mean they want the game to fail, I mean like people are trying to break the game/story by deliberately picking choices that are bound to create conflict. The fact that, at the end of chapter one we are clearly shown 5 LIs tells all of us that these are the women who are important to the story; trying to minimise their role is going to be a problem (I liken it to refusing to jump onto Goomba's heads because you believe that, irl, Mario would be able to kick them out of the way)

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes