Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
Listening to the majority when it comes to the story? Brrr! Sounds horrible. I mean its his story. He should be telling it instead of just echoing back what he heard from the crowd :sneaky:

Because NOT listening to constructive criticism is a good thing for a writer, right?

Sep 22, 2017
Listening to the majority when it comes to the story? Brrr! Sounds horrible. I mean its his story. He should be telling it instead of just echoing back what he heard from the crowd :sneaky:
Jokes aside, listening to the audience of an adult game does sound like a bad idea. I know many of us play BaDIK for the story and characters too, but I'd never delude myself into thinking the majority isn't just here to bust a nut. It's the curse of also having A+ character design and animations in addition to the excellent storytelling and dialogue.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Because NOT listening to constructive criticism is a good thing for a writer, right?
Ok, let's imagine for one second it would actually be possible to DPC, as a lone developer, to sort through all the feedback they get and actually find the contructive critisism, a lot of will be contradictory and therefore completely useless.

Reactions: flippityflop

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
The problem with these sites and I'm sure Patreon as well is weeding out the "constructive" from all the bullshit.
Of course. But people would be surprised just how much is picked up. Js, it happens. I've been a ghostwriter for 1 year, and no one will ever know just how much help that Author actually had.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Except we're not talking about people being critical of their writing style, their character development, or pointing out plotholes and plot contrivances, but about allowing a vocal few to dictate the direction and events of the story.

If certain people don't like a certain character and would want to see them get killed off or otherwise removed from the story, DPC should not ever listen to those people if he doesn't plan on doing that because it is not up to them to tell him what he should and shouldn't do with his characters. The same thing if people start asking for some kind of sexual kink like BDSM or incest; if DPC doesn't plan on doing it, then he shouldn't do it just because some people might want it.

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
Except we're not talking about people being critical of their writing style, their character development, or pointing out plotholes and plot contrivances, but about allowing a vocal few to dictate the direction and events of the story.

If certain people don't like a certain character and would want to see them get killed off or otherwise removed from the story, DPC should not ever listen to those people if he doesn't plan on doing that because it is not up to them to tell him what he should and shouldn't do with his characters. The same thing if people start asking for some kind of sexual kink like BDSM or incest; if DPC doesn't plan on doing it, then he shouldn't do it just because some people might want it.
Right. I was referring only to a post that tried being funny by calling someone an idiot and that DPC doesn't listen to what the Majority says or thinks, which again, is wrong. He very much listens, which is still a shocker to me.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Of course. But people would be surprised just how much is picked up. Js, it happens. I've been a ghostwriter for 1 year, and no one will ever know just how much help that Author actually had.
Mhmm, mhmm... Tell me about your Pulitzer Prizes.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I'm sure. However I would bet that most of the "constructive criticism" that DPC gets is all about how he screwed this or that up, how someone's favorite girl didn't get enough game time, how he needs to add more of someone's favorite fetish, etc. etc. Honestly I feel sorry for developers today who actually get a "fan base".

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I understand your point, but I don't quite agree. I think there are three scenarios.

Sage path. Not much to say. I'm breaking with Chad so we might as well make it official kind of route. Pretty straightforward.

Other LI path with a MC who didn't have anything with Sage (Sarah and Melanie lie and have no evidence). Some drama with some LIs but nothing major. They should believe the MC's innocence.

Other LI path with a MC who had something with Sage. (Sarah and Melanie tell the truth and have evidence, maybe more than we think) That's the complicated stuff. Technically the MC can still fool around with anyone, specially after Maya's no strings attached last episode. But some LI (looking at you Jill) might not aprove. Jill knows we're dating other girls, but I don't know if that in her mind includes having sex with them. So despite not cheating on her she might want to stop it.

I don't think the it has to impact every LI route equally. It could still have a big impact on the story (demoting Sage, HOT trouble) but not affecting a Bella (to name one) path much.
On scenario 2, if the other girls believe the MC easily (since there is no evidence on account of nothing actually happening), why bother accusing that MC in the first place? Why not just cut that subplot entirely for those not on the Sage path?

I can think of only one benefit of such an easily dismissed allegation: an MC who has been 'loyal' could get a pat on the back (or elsewhere...) from his preferred girl. That could be a fun moment, and it would provide a nice opportunity to strengthen the commitment between them.

And to be clear - I'd absolutely love that! The problem is that it only works if those other relationships are ready for that level of commitment. Based on how quickly Maya shoots down an exclusive relationship in Episode 5, however, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Hope I put them up correctly.

We're going jet-skiing with Cathy in the daily render of the Beach fun series.
4k and full HD versions in the attachment of this post.
Enjoy!
Dr PinkCake

View attachment 749290 View attachment 749290

View attachment 749292 View attachment 749292
What a strange render.

I think I like the idea, but putting Cathy in a full suit, deliberately uncovering her breasts, then shooting her from the side just feels... convoluted. I think he should either have left her 'fully clothed' or put her in a topless swimsuit.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Right. I was referring only to a post that tried being funny by calling someone an idiot and that DPC doesn't listen to what the Majority says or thinks, which again, is wrong. He very much listens, which is still a shocker to me.
And we know this how? I mean, I'm sure he sees what people say on Patreon, and on Discord, and maybe even here if he's lurking, but just because he may be aware of people's views doesn't necessarily mean he will make any changes. If DPC doesn't plan to do anything tragic or fatal to Quinn later in the game, then he shouldn't do anything to her just because some people express a disliking for her character. People may like KRJ, but that doesn't mean he should give her a sex scene if he never planned on her having one.

I honestly would lose a lot of respect for DPC if we found out that they made any changes to the story or a character's arc on the basis of what their supporters say in the Patreon comments or on Discord. Whether a character or story thread is perceived to be popular or unpopular, they shouldn't allow this perception to dictate or alter their originally planned story.

I'm sure. However I would bet that most of the "constructive criticism" that DPC gets is all about how he screwed this or that up, how someone's favorite girl didn't get enough game time, how he needs to add more of someone's favorite fetish, etc. etc. Honestly I feel sorry for developers today who actually get a "fan base".
I think sometimes that the crowdfunding Patreon model gives people a false sense of control, that some people believe because they're paying this developer to produce content that this makes them the creator's boss and that they can dictate what kind of content gets produced otherwise they will pull their support. But they are not the bosses, they are supporters in the same way that sports teams have supporters, and just because a few of them might threaten to not buy new jerseys for the upcoming season doesn't mean you have to do the trades they want or play the team the way they want.

JohnDelfino

Mar 27, 2020
While I don't think DPC would alter the story based on fan feedback,most of it would be asking for Jill to be the MC's aunt, I do feel like the dialogue and interactions with Maya/Josy in episode 5 were influenced by the reaction to episode 4. Especially Derek's 'third wheel' line.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
What a strange render.

I think I like the idea, but putting Cathy in a full suit, deliberately uncovering her breasts, then shooting her from the side just feels... convoluted. I think he should either have left her 'fully clothed' or put her in a topless swimsuit.
Only on or off? Umm...okay.

I found the composition very cool, and Cathy very sexy in it. I think it is one of the better preview images so far.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
On scenario 2, if the other girls believe the MC easily (since there is no evidence on account of nothing actually happening), why bother accusing that MC in the first place? Why not just cut that subplot entirely for those not on the Sage path?

I can think of only one benefit of such an easily dismissed allegation: an MC who has been 'loyal' could get a pat on the back (or elsewhere...) from his preferred girl. That could be a fun moment, and it would provide a nice opportunity to strengthen the commitment between them.

And to be clear - I'd absolutely love that! The problem is that it only works if those other relationships are ready for that level of commitment. Based on how quickly Maya shoots down an exclusive relationship in Episode 5, however, I don't see that happening any time soon.
Because that could fit with the ousting Sage out of presidency plot, so it would still be central to the story. In that particular case it wouldn't mix as much with the romantic plot, no more than a fidelity check. But yeah. I don't see many relationships on that level. Jill is the only one I see getting mad for it (if it's real). But it doesn't have to happen right now, maybe a couple of episodes down the road still.

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
And we know this how? I mean, I'm sure he sees what people say on Patreon, and on Discord, and maybe even here if he's lurking, but just because he may be aware of people's views doesn't necessarily mean he will make any changes. If DPC doesn't plan to do anything tragic or fatal to Quinn later in the game, then he shouldn't do anything to her just because some people express a disliking for her character. People may like KRJ, but that doesn't mean he should give her a sex scene if he never planned on her having one.

I honestly would lose a lot of respect for DPC if we found out that they made any changes to the story or a character's arc on the basis of what their supporters say in the Patreon comments or on Discord. Whether a character or story thread is perceived to be popular or unpopular, they shouldn't allow this perception to dictate or alter their originally planned story.
How can you lose respect for someone for changing a story you don't know about yet? That's a conundrum now, isn't it?

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I think sometimes that the crowdfunding Patreon model gives people a false sense of control, that some people believe because they're paying this developer to produce content that this makes them the creator's boss and that they can dictate what kind of content gets produced otherwise they will pull their support. But they are not the bosses, they are supporters in the same way that sports teams have supporters, and just because a few of them might threaten to not buy new jerseys for the upcoming season doesn't mean you have to do the trades they want or play the team the way they want.
I have always somewhat agreed with the opposite of this. If I'm giving you money then I want to see the game and things I'm interested in. The whole false advertising thing comes to mind. If Im giving you money to support a game/fetishes and you start a new game or change the fetishes then thats bullshit. Its not about control but if the developer significantly changes his output of whatever then it serves him right for getting not so constructive criticism and a loss of $/patrons.

Reactions: ename144 and Manuka
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes