Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Absolutely. It's one of the rumored reasons why Chad is so cold towards Sage even in the flashback. We know they must have been close at some point, but I think it's to placate NTR-haters even if we can later rationalize it as Chad never loved her.

M&J's flashback... I don't know. I think I recall someone saying they didn't like it because of that in this thread but I'm not sure...
I've previously said that it's difficult to watch since I'm heavily invested in these characters, but I wouldn't go so far as to describe it as NTR. For me, NTR is about when the protagonist is deliberately forced to watch a LI get fucked in front of them to torture them, and it's most especially NTR if the LI is the one who wants to do it as a way of flaunting it in the protag's face.

The M&J scene, for me, is more like watching a sex tape of your girlfriend with her ex; you accept that she's had relationships before but you don't want to see it because you'd rather not know what their previous relationship was like.

Agreed.

Again, though... the original question was:

what is strictly meant by the "corruption" tag?

...which is completely different than NTR (though obviously NTR could certainly be a part of a corruption storyline).
Corruption is basically when you take someone with little to no sexual experience and turn them into a totally cock hungry slut who will do pretty much anything. But this can also be linked to NTR if making the wrong choices with a LI can lead them down a corruption path. Case-in-point would be a game like Good Girl Gone Bad, which when I played the first time saw the friend Eva become a total whore and it wasn't pleasant to see, but making better decisions didn't lead her down that path.

it seems to me that we do not know the exact day, we only know that the father is waiting for the weekend to celebrate it together

the most likely solution is that they also organize a college party for him before MC's departure

since there is a cake I don't think there is only Derek, but it could also be a party with only DIKs present, but I doubt, even if it becomes difficult to establish who can be there given the different possible Paths (Sage could be excluded like Jill and Bella it is difficult to imagine participate in something public) but it is not to be excluded that all LIs are present regardless of the type of relationship, in the end they are all at least "acquaintances"
Oh boy, I don't know if I like the idea of double relationship drama with a LI-centric DnG game AND a birthday party with all the LIs in attendance in one episode. :oops: Hopefully it won't be, but I can't really see a scenario where the MC doesn't have invite all the LIs to celebrate his birthday.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I've previously said that it's difficult to watch since I'm heavily invested in these characters, but I wouldn't go so far as to describe it as NTR. For me, NTR is about when the protagonist is deliberately forced to watch a LI get fucked in front of them to torture them, and it's most especially NTR if the LI is the one who wants to do it as a way of flaunting it in the protag's face.

The M&J scene, for me, is more like watching a sex tape of your girlfriend with her ex; you accept that she's had relationships before but you don't want to see it because you'd rather not know what their previous relationship was like.
I mentioned in other post that NTR could be considered (not that is my definition, but I see lots of people going by that) anything that's designed to (or just could) make the player/reader feel jealous. Chad and Sage could fall into that, for M&J... People usually view girl on girl differently for this stuff.
While I'm not arguing that the high level of sensitivity towards NTR content may have played a role in the way Sage and Chad's relationship is portrayed... I'm not sold that it has to be that. In my eyes, it simply serves to make Sage a more sympathetic and realistic character, overall.

IRL, women tend to cheat because they feel they're not getting their emotional or physical needs met by their significant others. Chad is not giving her the love she needs, emotionally or sexually, so she ends up seeking it elsewhere... with the MC (she won't admit the 'emotional' part of that, but it's pretty obvious while you're living with her). If she and Chad were in a happy relationship, we'd basically be forced to fall back on the stupid 'magic dick' trope so prevalent in adult VNs as justification. I don't think it's a coincedence that we find out that Josy and Maya's rocky relationship contributed to both of them cheating on each other as well.

It also serves to make her more desirable as a LI. As the MC, we can look at her actions and say "she's only cheating because Chad doesn't treat her right... as long as I don't make that mistake when she's my girl, she'll never cheat on me!".
Yeah, I agree with everything or mostly everyhing. I'm not saying it's portrayed that way because no NTR exclusively, but it can be a reason among others.

Reactions: Warped77

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

Corruption is basically when you take someone with little to no sexual experience and turn them into a totally cock hungry slut who will do pretty much anything. But this can also be linked to NTR if making the wrong choices with a LI can lead them down a corruption path. Case-in-point would be a game like Good Girl Gone Bad, which when I played the first time saw the friend Eva become a total whore and it wasn't pleasant to see, but making better decisions didn't lead her down that path.

Oh boy, I don't know if I like the idea of double relationship drama with a LI-centric DnG game AND a birthday party with all the LIs in attendance in one episode. :oops: Hopefully it won't be, but I can't really see a scenario where the MC doesn't have invite all the LIs to celebrate his birthday.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Derek there.

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
This screen panel is definitely a class on its own and definitely the best parts for the new episode. :love:

Tbh I did not care for Maya much at all, appearance and personality wise, but seeing how Maya fans have shown very friendly, rational, heart filled affections for actual best girl Josy:cool:, it definitely makes me smile and appreciate Maya more.

For their sakes, I hope Maya gets good character development and not let anyone put her down. Hope she can stand up for herself when the going gets tough.

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
Exactly...
I mean, respect for the mods for keeping things civil. But not gonna lie, there are moments when I wish they would look the other way.
I can definitely relate. While I understand why some of my posts were deleted, it definitely feels annoying.

Sometimes I wanna go ham on some of the idiotic things that are posted here but hold back due to the warnings.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes