Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
already with NTR I am more confused than before ... apparently in games if there is no Mc it is always NTR

what is strictly meant by the "corruption" tag?

in the Hentai field (the only one I know) would correspond to a permanent change in the "morality" / "sexuality" of a character

it does not necessarily go that far
Lot of confusion over it's meaning...basically as far as we are concerned, any character we have an interest in, doing something with someone other than us.

Which is exactly what would apply to Maya whoring herself out yes?

It definitely won't go that far. We will stop it long before that plot wise regardless of what path/LI we're interested in.
That's a definition for 'NTR', yes (although it's more about characters we're involved with, rather than 'interested in').

'Corruption' applies more to taking a pure, innocent character, and slowly (usually through blackmail or psychological abuse and manipulation) 'breaking' them and turning them into a whore.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
Why do people have to be pedantic? It was a simple explanation for him without making it over-complicated.

So you agree with me regarding corruption. Are you just debating semantics for the sake of it?
I wasn't trying to be pedantic at all. I honestly just don't see anywhere in your response where you define 'corruption', which was his specific question. Instead, you defined a version of NTR, which is completely different. He also mentioned NTR in his post, so I thought you had read his post as a question about NTR and that's why you were answering in that way.

As far as a 'simple' explanation (of my understanding of the tags, at least)...

NTR = cheating or sharing
Corruption = turning an 'innocent' girl into your own personal cumdumpster, sometimes using not very nice means. (no 3rd party involvement required)

Last edited:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Thats a frigging huge slice of cake! A fat one i dare say! Pink's dreams are getting bold :cool:
Derek lost his shirt again.
Why is he so tanned. I bet he lives semi-permanently on that beach we get the beach series pictures from. I hate Derek even more :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: MarinBladewing

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I wasn't trying to be pedantic at all. I honestly just don't see anywhere in your response where you define 'corruption', which was his specific question. Instead, you defined a version of NTR, which is completely different. He also mentioned NTR in his post, so I thought you had read his post as a question about NTR and that's why you were answering in that way.

As far as a 'simple' explanation (of my understanding of the tags, at least)...

NTR = cheating or sharing
Corruption = turning an 'innocent' girl into your own personal cumdumpster, sometimes using not very nice means. (no 3rd party involvement required)
A (very broad) definition of NTR would be doing something that would cause jealousy on the reader. Someone whoring themselves or cheating, even off-camera, could fit under this definition. Maybe it's too broad, but that's what the consensus is imo and what I think DPC seems to be doing too.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Thats a frigging huge slice of cake! A fat one i dare say! Pink's dreams are getting bold :cool:

Why is he so tanned. I bet he lives semi-permanently on that beach we get the beach series pictures from. I hate Derek even more :cautious:
You're just jelly!

Okay, I guess I'll be the first one to ask. Is this tweet/cluck an indication that we'll be celebrating MC's birthday in ep.6?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
A (very broad) definition of NTR would be doing something that would cause jealousy on the reader. Someone whoring themselves or cheating, even off-camera, could fit under this definition. Maybe it's too broad, but that's what the consensus is imo and what I think DPC seems to be doing too.
so technically Maya and Josy's flashback could also fall into the definition

it seems to me that there is an excess of sensitivity on the issue

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
More likely a cake to celebrate becoming a Dik

View attachment 784585
It's his birthday. Having a wet vagina around his neck is much more literal in that context :ROFLMAO: .

Absolutely. It's one of the rumored reasons why Chad is so cold towards Sage even in the flashback. We know they must have been close at some point, but I think it's to placate NTR-haters even if we can later rationalize it as Chad never loved her.

M&J's flashback... I don't know. I think I recall someone saying they didn't like it because of that in this thread but I'm not sure...

Last edited:

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
Agreed.

Again, though... the original question was:

what is strictly meant by the "corruption" tag?

...which is completely different than NTR (though obviously NTR could certainly be a part of a corruption storyline).

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020

By some people's definition of NTR, absolutely. There have definitely been instances in other games I've played that people have gotten upset about scenes with the girls in the game having sex with other guys before a potential romance with the MC started or before she had even met the MC and people have claimed it was 'NTR'. I disagree... but that is semantics.

That said, people do seem to be far more forgiving when the third party is a female. Take DMD, for instance... the LIs mess around with each other constantly behind the MC's back, and there's no complaining about it. However, there is one male character that can get involved optionally with the main LI, and that specifically is labelled as NTR content.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
By some people's definition of NTR, absolutely. There have definitely been instances in other games I've played that people have gotten upset about scenes with the girls in the game having sex with other guys before a potential romance with the MC started or before she had even met the MC and people have claimed it was 'NTR'. I disagree... but that is semantics.

That said, people do seem to be far more forgiving when the third party is a female. Take DMD, for instance... the LIs mess around with each other constantly behind the MC's back, and there's no complaining about it. However, there is one male character that can get involved optionally with the main LI, and that specifically is labelled as NTR content.
also in "Melody" it is full of "feminine" infidelities, which are not given weight

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes