Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
We hope not due to the different tone and feel of this game, but we truly don't know.
Are you using the royal 'we'? Because otherwise, I think it's a little bold to be making that claim for all of us.

I for one hope there's at least a few big emotional moments, even if they don't go quite as dark as AL did. The big example is if Bella's story doesn't involve some kind of significant trauma, it's going to fall super flat with all the foreshadowing and buildup.

Sep 26, 2018
Game would actually be nice (once modded to remove those STUPID minigames)

Shame the Act 2 is bugged and the free roam literrally never ends, softlocking the game

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Game would actually be nice (once modded to remove those STUPID minigames)

Shame the Act 2 is bugged and the free roam literrally never ends, softlocking the game
Just restart with minigames turned off, if you're that early in the game it's not a big deal.

Which free roam is this? Describe what's happening, maybe we can tell you what you need to do.

Reactions: Real Kreten
Sep 26, 2018
Just restart with minigames turned off, if you're that early in the game it's not a big deal.

Which free roam is this? Describe what's happening, maybe we can tell you what you need to do.
I managed to pass it (there was an arrow blocking a door so I had issues finding the last guy)

And btw the free roaming mechanic is SOOOOOO poorly done

• Angry
Reactions: der123fer

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Coming over here from Acting Lessons, I love following developers who put out great games. That being said... do I have to prepare my heart again?
I would still stay away from sharp and pointed objects ..

there probably won't be any "criminal" twists like in Acting Lessons, but the low shots won't be lacking

Acting Lessons has become famous for the death of an LIs, but emotionally making an LI unattainable would be even more cruel. and I continue to fear this

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
I‘M not anticipating a time hop this episode. We know a few things that are About to happen.

DIKs/ Rusty and Cathy
Maya/ Josy / HoTs scavenger hunt
DiKs mansion fix up
D&G
MCs Bday
More Jill Piano
Quinn & Dealer

That could easily fill a week out. Of course DPC might decide to slow things down and have those events take place over 2 weeks. Some days could be;

Go to class (30 renders)
Fix part of DIKs mansion (30 renders)
Couple of small character interactions (40 renders)

Do that 7 times and a week of days have passed, still leaving 2300 renders for everything else.
And maybe Chad breaks with Sage and MC has to "comfort" her...

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Are you using the royal 'we'? Because otherwise, I think it's a little bold to be making that claim for all of us.

I for one hope there's at least a few big emotional moments, even if they don't go quite as dark as AL did. The big example is if Bella's story doesn't involve some kind of significant trauma, it's going to fall super flat with all the foreshadowing and buildup.
He is a deity so royal 'we' is in order. ;)
Personally i do hope there's some serious drama awaiting us and I don't agree with him about the game's different tone and feel from AL, because at this stage of development (chapter 4-5) both games were quite lighthearted. Obviously BaDIK shows more crazy stuff due to all the frat things, but AL's dark turn came a bit later

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Personally i do hope there's some serious drama awaiting us and I don't agree with him about the game's different tone and feel from AL, because at this stage of development (chapter 4-5) both games were quite lighthearted. Obviously BaDIK shows more crazy stuff due to all the frat things, but AL's dark turn came a bit later
Acting lessons starts with the MC being beaten in to a coma. I forget when the cancer is revealed not to mention the physical abusive father plus the stuff that happens in the late game. BaDiK will need some pretty sudden and harsh consequences to match that.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
in AL's first half hour of play, MC ends up in a coma in the hospital following a robbery

it's not really a party:p

however, I agree with the meaning of your post: there are already many dark clouds on the horizon:(

if BADIK were a TV show once the drug topic was included I would 100% expect someone to end up in hospital at least if not worse, will it get better? could be

as there are many more LIs (5 + 1 against 4-1) there will certainly be more sentimental drama, but the low blows will not be lacking.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Acting lessons starts with the MC being beaten in to a coma. I forget when the cancer is revealed not to mention the physical abusive father plus the stuff that happens in the late game. BaDiK will need some pretty sudden and harsh consequences to match that.
we have the abusive father here too, if we don't know more psychological than physical, but it doesn't make much difference

drugs and prostitution in college, financial difficulties, beatings ...

leaving aside all the hypotheses of catastrophes that could be unleashed

and from the sentimental point of view more than half of AL is a walk by the seaside compared to this first part of BADIK

Reactions: ename144

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
we have the abusive father here too, if we don't know more psychological than physical, but it doesn't make much difference

drugs and prostitution in college, financial difficulties, beatings ...

leaving aside all the hypotheses of catastrophes that could be unleashed

and from the sentimental point of view more than half of AL is a walk by the seaside compared to this first part of BADIK
Exactly. AL's robbery is just an excuse to meet Megan and Leah. In BaDIK you're a bullyied guy who gets bullyied again on first day at college, then you have at least one big fight plus you're involved in several illegal activities (you break twice into preps mansion and once into HOT's to steal some panties, and those are just the unavoidable events), there's an abussive father too and a prostitution and drug dealing scheme running under your nose, but yeah, is all fun

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Exactly. AL's robbery is just an excuse to meet Megan and Leah. In BaDIK you're a bullyied guy who gets bullyied again on first day at college, then you have at least one big fight plus you're involved in several illegal activities (you break twice into preps mansion and once into HOT's to steal some panties, and those are just the unavoidable events), there's an abussive father too and a prostitution and drug dealing scheme running under your nose, but yeah, is all fun
and I would emphasize the sentimental aspect

in BADIK the first two girls we know have a relationship between them from which 50% of the time we are excluded, in the other 50% we will be under constant scrutiny

in AL Meghan, when she finds out we are having an affair with her best friend, she offers MC the harem ...

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Both, I guess. I certainly don't want to see anything extremely tragic like the death of a LI or any other character and I know a lot of people don't want that either, so using the collective 'we' is kind of in-line with the general sentiment when it comes to something like this.

It's funny when you put it that way, because we're always saying on this thread that this game has a much lighter tone and general subject matter than AL, but really it's started off much harsher than AL because of all these things. Things didn't really start to get heavy in AL until we met Melissa's step-Dad, and even then it just felt like other games with asshole guys who are usually harmless, until we see Melissa with a black eye and he attempts to rape Megan, at which point we realise this guy's more extreme than what you normally see in these games.

At the moment though with BaDIK, even though we have those issues of drugs, bullying, prostitution, etc, it frames it in a way that makes it feel like it's not a big deal, like these are issues that can easily be overcome as they are in many seriaised TV shows where the characters go through hard times but come out smelling like roses on the other side with few long-lasting consequences. But some shows don't shy away from showing a harsh reality and BaDIK may very well do the same, it's just a question of how it might do that and if it will do things differently from AL, i.e. no deaths or having to choose who lives or dies, but something that will still be gut-wrenching for players.

Reactions: OneShotKiller
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes