Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I’m not a fan of big time jumps but I can definitely see small jumps skipping ahead a few days.
the story is still too much alive for an important time jump.

but 2-3 days are minimal jumps, as an excuse it would be enough that they have to prepare for an important exam / test
The thing is that, so far, this game has included several things happening every day so it's potentially a bit of a hard sell to just skip over a few days mid-week. Not saying it can't be done, but just that they'd really need to justify how the story can skip over days that isn't simply the MC or someone saying, "I'll see you on Thursday", and then we jump from Monday to Thursday.

Let's just take a look at how the MC's time can have unfolded since they arrived at B&R:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think that covers pretty much all if not most of what the MC has done and can have done in these 1st 2 weeks. When we look at it like this, a lot happened in the first couple of episodes even if they were relatively short moments, and we had nearly a full week in just the 1st episode.

So perhaps ep 6 can advance a similar amount of time, if not a greater amount of time, if it too has just a few short moments each day of that week but also some larger moments like the DnG game and the potential M&J threesome. Perhaps this will be the "longest episode" not only because it will take the longest time to complete but will also span the longest amount of in-game time because if it were to take something like an hour and a half of play time to get through the whole third week, then a time jump at the end to something like a week later wouldn't be so bad as at least this week will have gotten a substantial amount of episode time.

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: all my fault
This is meant to be an example of even a trivial reason, which could justify Jill's absence for a few weeks
I see well I guess it could all depend on which path is taken but it seems she is going to play quite the role in the story with other characters the preview with Maya and Josy says she won't be going far any time soon.

Reactions: Homemade and Meushi

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: all my fault
This is meant to be an example of even a trivial reason, which could justify Jill's absence for a few weeks
I don't think we need to have something quite as drastic as Jill leaving right at the start of the semester on an improptu skiing holiday to explain what characters are doing during a time jump. Whether it's between episodes or within an episode, a time jump can work as long as it can be established that the MC's life has some kind of a day-to-day rhythm to it where each day just kind of blurs into the next without significant things happening. This way it's easier to accept the time jump since you don't feel you're missing out on anything.

However, I think that given this is the 2nd Scavenger Hunt week and we have other things like dealing with the fallout from the Cathy pic, cleaning up the DIK mansion, etc, we won't be skipping any days during this week but just might have short days with not much going on in order to get to the end of week and finding out which girls made into the HOTs. Then the story can skip ahead if necessary, but this upcoming week should still be the most substantial part of the episode.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think we need to have something quite as drastic as Jill leaving right at the start of the semester on an improptu skiing holiday to explain what characters are doing during a time jump. Whether it's between episodes or within an episode, a time jump can work as long as it can be established that the MC's life has some kind of a day-to-day rhythm to it where each day just kind of blurs into the next without significant things happening. This way it's easier to accept the time jump since you don't feel you're missing out on anything.

However, I think that given this is the 2nd Scavenger Hunt week and we have other things like dealing with the fallout from the Cathy pic, cleaning up the DIK mansion, etc, we won't be skipping any days during this week but just might have short days with not much going on in order to get to the end of week and finding out which girls made into the HOTs. Then the story can skip ahead if necessary, but this upcoming week should still be the most substantial part of the episode.
for that reason I used the example of Jill (which I think is simpler, as for now it is the most peaceful relationship)

if Mc is interested in Jill, it is not credible that although they are working at the DIK headquarters they do not find time to meet
and if they see each other, as a player, I want to know what happens, I don't like playing tennis games to pass the time, it's a relationship I expect progress from over time

practically the same thing I could do for Maya + Josy, if a week passes "off video" there must have been progress and I'm not happy not to see them

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
for that reason I used the example of Jill (which I think is simpler, as for now it is the most peaceful relationship)

if Mc is interested in Jill, it is not credible that although they are working at the DIK headquarters they do not find time to meet
and if they see each other, as a player, I want to know what happens, I don't like playing tennis games to pass the time, it's a relationship I expect progress from over time

practically the same thing I could do for Maya + Josy, if a week passes "off video" there must have been progress and I'm not happy not to see them
But the point is that by establishing their life has a general day-to-day rhythm would mean that nothing is really happening; he wakes up, goes to class, hangs out with different people, then goes to sleep. There wouldn't be any significant progress or moments worthy of seeing during this time.

It's the same thing with TV shows where a week of time might pass between one episode and the next, but we don't need to see what happened during that week because nothing happened and no progress was made. Even though these games grant more agency to the player to feel like they're part of the story, we don't need to see every single moment of their lives or have every single moment be filled to the brim with action and drama. They can have some time where things just move forward without much significance, and when the next bit of drama starts to unfold, we can take control again.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
After rusty’s Cathy Meeting I could easily see a couple of days being skipped. If the diks and Mc have to keep their heads low in the aftermath and tidy the mess that’s the mansion, that’s something eminently fast forwardable.

Reactions: flippityflop

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I don't like playing tennis games to pass the time, it's a relationship I expect progress from over time
I'm sure it's not everyone's favourite but it's just one of those things you have to do I thought it was a good bonding session between them both and was probably one of the big first steps in their relationship or the start of a relationship.

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
I'm sure it's not everyone's favourite but it's just one of those things you have to do I thought it was a good bonding session between them both and was probably one of the big first steps in their relationship or the start of a relationship.
The tennis match wasn't that hard (even on the harder difficulty)... it's the damned final fence painting stage that was sheer torture (pretty sure it was fixed in the last patch, though?).

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But the point is that by establishing their life has a general day-to-day rhythm would mean that nothing is really happening; he wakes up, goes to class, hangs out with different people, then goes to sleep. There wouldn't be any significant progress or moments worthy of seeing during this time.

It's the same thing with TV shows where a week of time might pass between one episode and the next, but we don't need to see what happened during that week because nothing happened and no progress was made. Even though these games grant more agency to the player to feel like they're part of the story, we don't need to see every single moment of their lives or have every single moment be filled to the brim with action and drama. They can have some time where things just move forward without much significance, and when the next bit of drama starts to unfold, we can take control again.
if we talk about days I agree with you, but if we talk about weeks no.

MC's personal life has higher rates, which are not consistent with a week of idleness, routine (at least at this time)
I don't want to see every school test that MC takes, but every encounter with an LI, being all fluid situations, interests me
but it was great as a first date

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
After rusty’s Cathy Meeting I could easily see a couple of days being skipped. If the diks and Mc have to keep their heads low in the aftermath and tidy the mess that’s the mansion, that’s something eminently fast forwardable.
"Keeping their heads low" doesn't stop the MC from doing things with the LIs or going to classes with Jade and Cathy if these moments are significant for advancing the plot and the relationships. They might have few moments each day, but the MC pretty much had a low profile in the first few episodes and look at how much happened to them then. So things don't necessarily have to stop for him in the event that the DIKs will be on a tight leash.

if we talk about days I agree with you, but if we talk about weeks no.

MC's personal life has higher rates, which are not consistent with a week of idleness, routine (at least at this time)
I don't want to see every school test that MC takes, but every encounter with an LI, being all fluid situations, interests me
But if the encounters with LIs are just become generally inconsequential chit-chat without any lewd action, then we don't need to see that, and if that is what their life is like for a week or so then it should just be skipped.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2020
one of new Swyper contacts

Quinn lying on her bed

Bella's OMG story

Sage sitting outside with a book (when MC shows up with his guitar)

M&J lying on a blanket

You miss M&J preview render if you're not with them, so maybe not all previews appear on all paths

EDIT:
missed a preview of the DIKs flashback and there was at least one more preview that I cannot find on this thread
There were also some .

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
"Keeping their heads low" doesn't stop the MC from doing things with the LIs or going to classes with Jade and Cathy if these moments are significant for advancing the plot and the relationships. They might have few moments each day, but the MC pretty much had a low profile in the first few episodes and look at how much happened to them then. So things don't necessarily have to stop for him in the event that the DIKs will be on a tight leash.
Sorting house/room seems reasonable excuse as to why he’s not doing things with li for a few days. I don’t really see the value in a couple of moments a day over jumping a couple of days and have more substantial moments in the rest of the days with them.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
The tennis match wasn't that hard (even on the harder difficulty)... it's the damned final fence painting stage that was sheer torture (pretty sure it was fixed in the last patch, though?).
:LOL: Yeah, as far as I'm aware it was fixed. He's very fond of his mini-games DPC, sometimes these games are okay I've always thought about disabling them but wouldn't want to miss out on the fun and the rage at the same time :LOL:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

But if the encounters with LIs are just become generally inconsequential chit-chat without any lewd action, then we don't need to see that, and if that is what their life is like for a week or so then it should just be skipped.
ok, but they have to become, for now they are not, or rather they could be for some players but not for others

if we are "just friends" of Maya and Josy, then MC will have only a few meaningless chat with them, but if we are "more than friends" no

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
ok, but they have to become, for now they are not, or rather they could be for some players but not for others

if we are "just friends" of Maya and Josy, then MC will have only a few meaningless chat with them, but if we are "more than friends" no
That's a good point... Maya and Josy still have their 'list' to complete, and if you're in a relationship with them the MC will almost certainly be lending a hand (or other body parts) in the next few days.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Sorting house/room seems reasonable excuse as to why he’s not doing things with li for a few days. I don’t really see the value in a couple of moments a day over jumping a couple of days and have more substantial moments in the rest of the days with them.
Even that won't get skipped because we're undoubtedly going to get mini-games for that, especially after ep 5 introduced the painting mini-game. A lot will also depend on the classes the MC has that week as well and whether or not we're still going to have to do those mini-games too because so far the MC has only had one day (excluding weekends, of course) where they haven't had any classes.

So maybe DPC will give him a couple of days off this week to help with fixing up the DIK mansion, but I reckon we'll still have other events on those days like meeting up with a LI or side girl before and/or after working on the mansion.

Even as "more than friends", they can still have innocuous chats and just be going through the motions, especially if this week establishes that they've taken their throuple relationship to the next level by having a threesome.

It honestly wouldn't bother me one bit if this game moved on a week or even a month without our involvement if it's established that things have just kind of plateaued for the MC and his relationships, because we only need to to see the important moments and we don't even need to see every time he has sex with a main LI once we know he's at that stage with them. Things would just be "going steady" for him, and we don't need to be there for every moment of it.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Considering all the potential drama that Maya's Scavenger hunt can still bring to the plot, I wouldn't expect big time leaps in next chapter(s). Even if there's no drama at all, some of those tasks will probably involve the MC so that's a lot of content anyway. And players who are not in Maya's route will need some alternative content with other girls within the same period of time, so we'll probably see some of those 'second dates' or meaningful interactions felicemastronzo is talking about.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

always86

Mar 19, 2020
Considering all the potential drama that Maya's Scavenger hunt can still bring to the plot, I wouldn't expect big time leaps in next chapter(s). Even if there's no drama at all, some of those tasks will probably involve the MC so that's a lot of content anyway. And players who are not in Maya's route will need some alternative content with other girls within the same period of time, so we'll probably see some of those 'second dates' or meaningful interactions felicemastronzo is talking about.
I‘M not anticipating a time hop this episode. We know a few things that are About to happen.

DIKs/ Rusty and Cathy
Maya/ Josy / HoTs scavenger hunt
DiKs mansion fix up
D&G
MCs Bday
More Jill Piano
Quinn & Dealer

That could easily fill a week out. Of course DPC might decide to slow things down and have those events take place over 2 weeks. Some days could be;

Go to class (30 renders)
Fix part of DIKs mansion (30 renders)
Couple of small character interactions (40 renders)

Do that 7 times and a week of days have passed, still leaving 2300 renders for everything else.

Reactions: OneShotKiller
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes