crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
help me take away a curiosity.

What were the previews of the fifth episode?
Were they all key moments or in the end quite random moments?
one of new Swyper contacts

Quinn lying on her bed

Bella's OMG story

Sage sitting outside with a book (when MC shows up with his guitar)

M&J lying on a blanket

You miss M&J preview render if you're not with them, so maybe not all previews appear on all paths

EDIT:
missed a preview of the DIKs flashback and there was at least one more preview that I cannot find on this thread

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Quinn lying on her bed

Bella's OMG story

M&J lying on a blanket

You miss M&J preview render if you're not with them, so maybe not all previews appear on all paths
thank you so much.

therefore, on the whole, clues more to curiosities than to plot twists

from this point of view I would exclude that the preview on Sage in an elegant dress is linked to the D&G game, it would be an oddity

w1drng22

Jun 26, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers
There are some pretty fantastic games out there but this one tops them all. The best game ever. I just finished #5 and I am looking forward to starting over, taking a totally new direction. But I can hardly wait for #6. I am drooling for the opportunity for our hero to fully get with Bella. I have to say the image detail is incredible, the movie-like imagery outstanding, and the interlacing stories fascinating. I applaud you and your creation.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
help me take away a curiosity.

What were the previews of the fifth episode?
Were they all key moments or in the end quite random moments?

Quinn lying on her bed

Bella's OMG story

M&J lying on a blanket

We also had these preview renders for ep 5:
ep5_intro_part6_1.jpg ep5_bjc4.jpg

thank you so much.

therefore, on the whole, clues more to curiosities than to plot twists

from this point of view I would exclude that the preview on Sage in an elegant dress is linked to the D&G game, it would be an oddity
Generally speaking, yes, the previews don't seem to point to major plot points but they can point to connected scenes like the 2 Bella previews for ep 5 which may have been separated by the Prep free-roam, but they're both part of a somewhat long event when you consider that Bella and Jill have been having this get-together for all of this time. So that preview of Sage can still be from a DnG game, but maybe there's a break in between where we get a side scene with Quinn, the DIKs, or even the Jocks, and then it will jump back to the DnG game. Or maybe DPC doesn't want to spoil the most important parts of the episode so they're showing 2 renders from one event.

Remember that we never saw anything of the Prep party or even staying with Bella which were the most significant parts of ep 5, so these previews that seem to hint at a DnG game could be a misdirection in the sense that we generally assume the previews span the length and breadth of the episode from start to finish, but maybe these particular previews are just related to one event because the bulk of the episode is something they want to keep under wraps.

i feel like ep 6 is gonna have a timeskip
(just a gut feeling)
As much as I am all for time jumps, I'm not sure they'd do one during an episode as it could not only be a little jarring, but this particular episode is a big one since it's the 2nd week of the HOT Scavenger Hunt and M&J still have tasks to be completed. To potentially wrap all that up halfway or 3/4 through the episode and then jump forward a few weeks could make those weeks events fall short if it feels like they're being squashed or the week is being rushed through in order to fit in a time jump for the latter 1/2 or 1/4 of the episode.

I did think that, given the way the MC spoke about his birthday to his Dad in the text, that it would be some ways away and we wouldn't see for it another 1 or even 2 episodes after 6, but now it's seemingly going to be in the next episode. So maybe we will get a time jump and a free-roam event too since that's how we can view Rooster posts, but I feel like time time jumps are best done either between episodes or after a prologue at the beginning of a story which is why I'm not convinced we'll get one during the episode but that maybe the birthday is just sooner than we thought.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I’m not a fan of big time jumps but I can definitely see small jumps skipping ahead a few days.
the story is still too much alive for an important time jump.

but 2-3 days are minimal jumps, as an excuse it would be enough that they have to prepare for an important exam / test

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
if, as it seems, it will cover at least a week it is likely that some days will be skipped
I don't think there will be a time skip at this point. My guess is the days will just be a little less packed so we can zip through them at a more reasonable pace. That, and the episode may run longer than Episode 5.

IMHO the glacial (in-game) pace of the last episode came because he wanted it to be a fun celebration ending with the MC getting his DIK jacket at long last. But in if it ran into Monday the episode would have to address the whole Cathy-cluck situation and he didn't want to include that in the episode (either because it was too serious to fit the theme, or because it needed to take place after the MC was a DIK and DPC couldn't delay giving him the jacket any longer).

Hence the extremely tight focus on a single night. It let him end the episode on the desired scene without getting into the weeds on other topics. Episode 6 will probably have a lot more latitude to advance the clock.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think the best time for larger time jumps would be between actual chapters. We have discussed this before, without huge time-jump, the game wouldn't even last one semester would it.
so however you miss the chance of the twist at the end of the chapter, and the next big bang if it is not at the end of this, then it will be at the end of the next chapter

it seems simpler to me within the chapter, the problem is that there must be no big issues pending.

I'll give the most banal example: if there was a jump of a month forward, it would be inconceivable that in the meantime MC hasn't asked Jill for the second, third, fourth ...date
and the one with Jill is the most peaceful relationship

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dashxp4k

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
so however you miss the chance of the twist at the end of the chapter, and the next big bang if it is not at the end of this, then it will be at the end of the next chapter

it seems simpler to me within the chapter, the problem is that there must be no big issues pending.

I'll give the most banal example: if there was a jump of a month forward, it would be inconceivable that in the meantime MC hasn't asked Jill for the second, third, fourth ...date
and the one with Jill is the most peaceful relationship
Maybe Jill and MC needs to take their time to know each other and MC needs even more time to know each girl ... Jill needed/wanted Bella's approbation too.
Also, the 5 episodes are only 2 weeks in the game. The next dates will come one by one in the next episodes...
DPC needs to build all the stories with each girls in the same time.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Maybe Jill and MC needs to take their time to know each other and MC needs even more time to know each girl ... Jill needed/wanted Bella's approbation too.
Also, the 5 episodes are only 2 weeks in the game. The next dates will come one by one in the next episodes...
DPC needs to build all the stories with each girls in the same time.
it is difficult to make a general speech because every game follows its own path

but let's say that for all those interested in Jill, they had a first date that went very well (for both MC and Jill), there are no credible reasons to postpone the second date

so if the next chapter will last a week I expect there is the possibility of having this second appointment, but if it lasts a month (assuming there are time jumps) or there is an explanation (Jill goes skiing for a month to Aspen ...) or I wouldn't like them to hang out without experiencing those moments, nor that their relationship remains frozen.

and of course the reasoning I made for Jill applies to every LI

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
so if the next chapter will last a week I expect there is the possibility of having this second appointment, but if it lasts a month (assuming there are time jumps) or there is an explanation (Jill goes skiing for a month to Aspen ...) or I wouldn't like them to hang out without experiencing those moments, nor that their relationship remains frozen.
What is this? Where exactly are you getting this all from? This your version of events or DPC?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What is this? Where exactly are you getting this all from? This your version of events or DPC?
which part?:eek:

that the next chapter can last at least a week is a deduction linked to MC's birthday (the photo with Derek and the cake)

the discourse on time jumps are hypotheses that have often been talked about here

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
which part?:eek:

that the next chapter can last at least a week is a deduction linked to MC's birthday (the photo with Derek and the cake)

the discourse on time jumps are hypotheses that have often been talked about here
The Jill to Aspen part? :LOL: Is that just some scenario you think could happen?

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes