Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
i could understand with losing an already born child, but a miscarriage means losing a child that is yet to be born, yes it's a tragedy but leaving your companion in their weakest moment because you can't deal with it in my eyes marks you as a waist of air and a person i'll avoid associating with
and i'm talking about the man leaving the woman in this particular case, not about losing an already born child or any other variant
with that i can understand that the mental trauma of an event like that can lead to the ending of the relationship
just my opinion
A miscarriage very late in the pregnancy can be just as stressful and impactful as losing an infant... especially since in those cases, the mother has to then deliver the dead child.

Anyway, yeah, the topic is super dark... but Bella's story has to involve something super dark. There's been too much foreshadowing for it to be otherwise. If the door is opened and there's just some old junk, her husband really is just off on some trip, and there's nothing at all behind Bella's 'mysterious' demeanor... it's going to seriously knock the wind out of the story.

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
This is what happens when you make a game like AL; people start to think the dev is always going to go down some really dark rabbit holes.
To be fair, he does call himself an "adult story writer" (or something along the lines) , in the little Jill speech when you first boot up the game, so he kinda warn us that this shit can get daaark .

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
To be fair, he does call himself an "adult story writer" (or something along the lines) , in the little Jill speech when you first boot up the game, so he kinda warn us that this shit can get daaark .
let's just hope there won't be a fire at the end

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
Like Darkdevil says, it's her default pet name for the MC. You can just change it to whatever you want on your phone...

1598568815784.png

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Then that's where we differ on who we both think are wastes of air. I could say the same for unsympathetic assholes too. I'm glad you've never had to deal with/see such a situation which is why you're probably completely clueless as to what people go through.

Just my opinion.
Funny to assume i've never had to deal with such situations as if you knew me :)
Actually i'm an active EMT and i had to deal with situations like those many times, if you really want to know i've actually delivered 2 babies who were dead at birth and had a one month old child die in my arms while i was administrating cpr with both parens on the ambulance with me
I guess that make people like me develop a different kind of sensitivity so i suggest you too not to be so quick to judge me and call me an unsympathetic asshole, thank you

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Ep2, after the cumpetition only if you defend Maya.
More specifically, only if you're a DIK and defend Maya when Quinn berates her for trying to make out with the MC. (I think it's an affinity trigger, but I have never tested it.)
quinn_barbie_101.jpg quinn_barbie_102.jpg quinn_barbie_103.jpg quinn_barbie_104.jpg quinn_barbie_105.jpg quinn_barbie_106.jpg quinn_barbie_107.jpg quinn_barbie_108.jpg quinn_barbie_109.jpg quinn_barbie_110.jpg

If the MC is CHICK, Quinn doesn't make her Ken Doll crack and skips the Barbie comparison in the process.
quinn_barbie_01.jpg quinn_barbie_02.jpg quinn_barbie_03.jpg quinn_barbie_04.jpg quinn_barbie_05.jpg

So I think her reference in Episode 4 is technically a continuity mistake for some playthroughs, if a relatively minor one. Definitely confused me until I tried a DIK run.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Regarding Bella's mysterious hubby who may or may not return? He is an asshole.

He has to be. Because if he is not. If he is a sort of victim well that would put us Bella pursuers in an impossible position, or i should say in a position that is pure guilt tripping. Imagine if Tybalt would be an absolutely blast of a cool kid. A nice, smooth, funny, loving caring individual who really would want the best for Jill and all. How would that feel. It would suck.

One way or the other, the competition has to be easily dislikable. Otherwise its a very uncomfortable, awkard situation. Not something you necessarily want your players to endure extensively. It kills the fun. Japanese level of drama about absolute hopelesness with an unavoidable bad ending. It would suck.

So in my mind, Bella's side of competition whom we believe to be her mysterious James.. simply must be someone who we can easily condemn and with good reasons. He cannot be a hero. If he is.. he has to die or be dead already.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
i really like this game alot . but i gotta say i'm not a dick .. altho i like being a DIK , but just not the dick some people are thinking atm .... aww fuck it .. i'm a DIK ok .. that make everyone happy now :ROFLMAO:

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

He has to be. Because if he is not. If he is a sort of victim well that would put us Bella pursuers in an impossible position, or i should say in a position that is pure guilt tripping. Imagine if Tybalt would be an absolutely blast of a cool kid. A nice, smooth, funny, loving caring individual who really would want the best for Jill and all. How would that feel. It would suck.

One way or the other, the competition has to be easily dislikable. Otherwise its a very uncomfortable, awkard situation. Not something you necessarily want your players to endure extensively. It kills the fun. Japanese level of drama about absolute hopelesness with an unavoidable bad ending. It would suck.

So in my mind, Bella's side of competition whom we believe to be her mysterious James.. simply must be someone who we can easily condemn and with good reasons. He cannot be a hero. If he is.. he has to die or be dead already.
Perfectly said. Look at Stephen and Chad both are prime examples of this.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

So in my mind, Bella's side of competition whom we believe to be her mysterious James.. simply must be someone who we can easily condemn and with good reasons. He cannot be a hero.
When I read this, I see all the reasons why DPC could actually do this.

Having her husband be the asshole character who doesn't treat her well, cheated on her, etc, etc, is what's done in pretty much every other VN and it's too easy. But if he was actually an alright guy and the problems they're going through were either Bella's fault or just typical marital issues that have been blown out of proportion, it would put the MC in a much more interesting position because continuing to pursue Bella could make him the bad guy in this situation if his pursuit of her damages her marriage further, but at the same time it could mean something so it might be worth pursuing.

It honestly presents a much deeper scenario than the typical "bad husband" that we see all the time and I think it could actually be quite interesting to see something like this.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes