-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
it would put the MC in a much more interesting position because continuing to pursue Bella could make him the bad guy in this situation if his pursuit of her damages her marriage further, but at the same time it could mean something so it might be worth pursuing.
Of course it could all go to hell, but it could also be a way for Bella to turn a page on a part of her life where she's clearly unhappy and generally miserable
i might be forgetting something, but before mc entrered her life her only miningful human interactions where with Jill, as far as i remember, treating everyone else with a extremely cold demeanor
As far as i can see, apart from Jill, only the mc can break that protective shell she built around herself

Chad seems to me to be on a bit of a 'redemption path' which may end up making him more sympathetic... which would certainly add some tension to Sage's storyline.
I'm still on the fence for Chad
he's a bully, yes, but ultimately from some of the interactions with him he doesn't seem like an evil guy

Reactions: Warped77

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
More specifically, only if you're a DIK and defend Maya when Quinn berates her for trying to make out with the MC. (I think it's an affinity trigger, but I have never tested it.)
View attachment 790296 View attachment 790297 View attachment 790298 View attachment 790299 View attachment 790300 View attachment 790301 View attachment 790302 View attachment 790303 View attachment 790304 View attachment 790305

If the MC is CHICK, Quinn doesn't make her Ken Doll crack and skips the Barbie comparison in the process.
View attachment 790306 View attachment 790307 View attachment 790308 View attachment 790309 View attachment 790310

So I think her reference in Episode 4 is technically a continuity mistake for some playthroughs, if a relatively minor one. Definitely confused me until I tried a DIK run.
Yep. My memory was a bit hazy. I only remembered this scene to be a bit more "physical" compared to what you get on the CHICK route.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Of course it could all go to hell, but it could also be a way for Bella to turn a page on a part of her life where she's clearly unhappy and generally miserable
i might be forgetting something, but before mc entrered her life her only miningful human interactions where with Jill, as far as i remember, treating everyone else with a extremely cold demeanor
As far as i can see, apart from Jill, only the mc can break that protective shell she built around herself
She's been miserable, yes, but the question is why? The typical view from most people would be to say that there are problems in the marriage and generally those problems are with the husband, and we do have that line in ep 3 about how she "forgives" him, but for what? Again, the natural assumption be that he cheated and was maybe the typical bad husband, but what if he wasn't? What if Bella was the problem and he left because he couldn't deal with her anymore which why she "forgives" him because she recognises and accepts that it was her that drove him away?

This would honestly put a much more interesting spin on things than if the husband were the usual inattentive, loveless type we see all the time because it would cast doubt on the LI and could make things very interesting if James were to come back and Bella is torn between patching things up with him or pursuing something that could damage her marriage completely.

Reactions: ename144

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
This would honestly put a much more interesting spin on things than if the husband were the usual inattentive, loveless type we see all the time because it would cast doubt on the LI and could make things very interesting if James were to come back and Bella is torn between patching things up with him or pursuing something that could damage her marriage completely.
might be me, but i personally think that when a marriage is at a point where one or both of them has to go away because they can't deal with the other party anymore there is not much left to save
and the distance only adds to the problems, since it's not hard to meet someone else and fall for them (as we can see happening with Bella and Mc), especially if the initial spark is dwindling

Reactions: Warped77

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
might be me, but i personally think that when a marriage is at a point where one or both of them has to go away because they can't deal with the other party anymore there is not much left to save
and the distance only adds to the problems, since it's not hard to meet someone else and fall for them (as we can see happening with Bella and Mc), especially if the initial spark is dwindling
Probably, but there's always the chance of reconciliation if one or both parties have grown during their separation and they feel that there is a spark that can be rekindled. This is what could make Bella's story so interesting because it would be a much greater internal struggle for her than if the husband were a typical asshole as she would be fighting between re-starting what may have once been a happy marriage and could be again, or risking it all for a guy who's probably about half her age and who a close friend also has feelings for.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Regarding Bella's mysterious hubby who may or may not return? He is an asshole.

He has to be. Because if he is not. If he is a sort of victim well that would put us Bella pursuers in an impossible position, or i should say in a position that is pure guilt tripping. Imagine if Tybalt would be an absolutely blast of a cool kid. A nice, smooth, funny, loving caring individual who really would want the best for Jill and all. How would that feel. It would suck.

One way or the other, the competition has to be easily dislikable. Otherwise its a very uncomfortable, awkard situation. Not something you necessarily want your players to endure extensively. It kills the fun. Japanese level of drama about absolute hopelesness with an unavoidable bad ending. It would suck.

So in my mind, Bella's side of competition whom we believe to be her mysterious James.. simply must be someone who we can easily condemn and with good reasons. He cannot be a hero. If he is.. he has to die or be dead already.
Not really, they could easily make him a soldier who's just MIA, with the assumption to be KIA and i get the feeling that's the route the dev is planning for Bella's husband, especially since we've seen the military boots in the locked room. I expect these forums to explode once he returns and Bella starts neglecting the MC.

Reactions: chociar666

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Not really, they could easily make him a soldier who's just MIA, with the assumption to be KIA and i get the feeling that's the route the dev is planning for Bella's husband, especially since we've seen the military boots in the locked room. I expect these forums to explode once he returns and Bella starts neglecting the MC.
..and how do you think that would end, hmm?

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Once Bella gets to use MC's third leg she'll forget all about her husband.
Bella is going to have AL levels of drama but at this point i'm pretty sure most Bella fans already know that and are preparing for some sort of heartbreak to happen sooner rather then later.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Stuck in version 5.0.2 at "I wanna check out the Cluck that Jill posted." I go look at the post and I am still stuck with the same statement repeating. Is some variable supposed to flip to let me get beyond that point?

Nevermind. I had to click on the Cluck then post a response. Once I did that I could get past that screen

Last edited:
Reactions: OneShotKiller
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes