Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
First one, possibly, second one, definitely not. The "I" word is not something that this game will have so the MC being a Royce is not happening, but there's a good chance for him being a Burgmeister as it has some interesting angles to it.
That's exactly it though. I don't see Jill being ok with dating a relative so it would just blow up that relationship. Excellent way to fuck with people.

• Angry
Reactions: ThePresident451

Warped77

Jul 13, 2020
That's exactly it though. I don't see Jill being ok with dating a relative so it would just blow up that relationship. Excellent way to fuck with people.
Considering Jill's popularity with the player base, that would be a very very very very VERY bad idea. Things would go nuclear. There's no way DPC would pull that shit (unless it happened at the very end of the game or something as a punishment ending of some sort, I guess).

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Technically, the Royce clan could be big enough it may not matter. If the MC and Jill shared the same great-great-great-great-grandfather back in the gilded age, I doubt even Jill would consider that much of a problem. Of course, by the same token, it would also serve no purpose to the plot other than to needlessly confuse things.

As for blowing up a relationship option just to fuck with people, I'd certainly like to think DPC is smarter than that. Even AL at least had a narrative purpose behind its grisly plot-twists.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
And that's not even half the games I've played. At last count, I'm up to 159 and I have 3 more games lined up to start playing.

First one, possibly, second one, definitely not. The "I" word is not something that this game will have so the MC being a Royce is not happening, but there's a good chance for him being a Burgmeister as it has some interesting angles to it.
I always said that they COULD do some kind of red herring incest plot were the mc is told hes a royce and that's what causes drama between him and jill but then we eventually unravel that he is indeed not a royce but a burgmeister instead (or from some other rich family).

i wonder if some kind of jebait plot like that would still be considered incest or not on patreon.

Reactions: OneShotKiller
Sep 22, 2017
I always said that they COULD do some kind of red herring incest plot were the mc is told hes a royce and that's what causes drama between him and jill but then we eventually unravel that he is indeed not a royce but a burgmeister instead (or from some other rich family).

i wonder if some kind of jebait plot like that would still be considered incest or not on patreon.
The revelation that it was a false alarm would have to come within the same update as the initial twist, otherwise the game gets the "incest" tag for the next 4 months or so until the next one comes out and there's no way DPC is risking that with the Patreon guidelines.

Besides, he seems to be content with just messing with people who are into that by including stuff like the mom-son roleplay with Jade or Quinn teasing the MC by calling Camila "sister" while she blows him.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I think the big reveal about the mother will be that she was either a burgmeister or, if he really wants to fuck with us, a royce.
DPC doesn't do incest in his games so it is 100% guarenteed that Lynette wasn't a Royce.

I doubt she was a Burgmeister as that is something that Neil would've brought up when MC got into B&R, 'Hey son, your Mom's grandparents founded this college and a lot of her relatives went there so you should be careful who you sleep with' :LOL:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
DPC doesn't do incest in his games so it is 100% guarenteed that Lynette wasn't a Royce.

I doubt she was a Burgmeister as that is something that Neil would've brought up when MC got into B&R, 'Hey son, your Mom's grandparents founded this college and a lot of her relatives went there so you should be careful who you sleep with' :LOL:
Hey son you have a cousin and she are a futa be careful

ratttta

Jun 8, 2018
Hey son you have a cousin and she are a futa be careful
...and you are actually an incubus. That´s why women can´t resist you. :LOL: (I´m giving people ideas aren´t I? as if futa jill wasn´t enough of an absurd theory) :ROFLMAO:

Edit: edited some grammar mistakes

solarBear

Jun 10, 2020
That's a reasonable post, i agree with you on Philly being above, but i think Drifty is a little bit better, from what i'm seeing in LoF.

DPC, at least for me is doing a lot better in this than he was on AL, so he improved a lot. You can even imagine people saying the dialogue in this game, it isn't like Mr.Dots that is long-winded as fuck, and the dialogue is just atrocious most of the time.

But i think that the test of how good of a writer DPC is, will be when the answers start pouring into the game. There's a reason people started to dislike JJ Abrams nowadays. Because he is really good at setting up stories and creating an air of mystery, but he sucks at delivering the conclusion.

So, i'm curious if DPC will stick the landing in BaDIK.
Story wise I also agree Philly is the best of all
But in terms of originality and creativity the only 2 devs that blew my mind are hopes and DPC
The tv series type story telling , the episode report cards , creating another world inside the phone , little sandbox to explore inside a vn
and the list goes on and on
Drifty makes a good vn but copies a lot of these unique aspects from dpc (in a good way)

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
It's been said about a thousand times, sometime in October is the guess, but there is no set release date.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
im probably late for some of this conversation , but i just noticed at bella's house there is child mirror in bathroom (even little stair case near it) .. then there is 3 hangers near it (red , green, blue) but on the sink green one is missing , in her bedroom there is a chair which in my opinion looks like one in which you comfort child when crying at night but no child bed. in ep5 when you peek under door you can barely see some kind of boots (some kind of childs doll ?) . and this things gave me idea of bella's backstory. she and her husband got child, then something happend (probably accident in which man and child died) and she cant get over it , in the locked room is some kind of mementos of her past actions/sanctuary/cry room (most likely the room of the child) and thats why she panics when MC is near it - she fears that he find out about her past or she doesnt trust him enought for telling MC the truth.
what do you think ? did you catch something i missed ?
Possibly, but it could also be because her bathroom is the DAZ asset which has this step-stool and low mirror by default, and the only thing DPC changed about it was to remove the window.

It's possible they left those in for a reason, but it's also possible they just didn't take them out of the scene.

That would be a terrible idea for so many reasons, chief among them is creating the false impression of incest to score cheap drama points. Also, how would such a huge mistake even be made to confuse one family for another? Ultimately, this wouldn't make sense but more importantly, DPC doesn't do incest so this game won't even have the slightest whiff of it anywhere.

Or he has a compelling reason to not tell him and hopes he never finds out.

"Hey son, your Mom swore me to secrecy on her deathbed because she felt you'd be better off not knowing who her family were because of the troubles she had with them, but I'm now going to betray that promise to the dying woman I loved by telling you you're a Burgmeister."

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Are PATREON's constraints only about incest or are there other issues as well?
It's not even really Patreon, it's the card companies who don't want to be accused of funding illicit things that put pressure on Patreon to institute those rules.

Maybe he just doesn't like it ?
That is DPC's reason. They won't do it because it's not their thing.

Reactions: RustyRug
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes