felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Replying mostly to the bolded section ... I think you're misreading the situation, MC isn't an adopted kid looking for his birth parents, he knows who his parents are/were, it's the family of his mother that he doesn't know and, from what we've seen, doesn't care to know.

In this context, him being a Burgmeister means very little (him being a Royce would for the reasons you pointed out but we know that ain't happening)

As for the rest of your post, 100% agree, it would be terrible to discover that Neil had been lying about Lynette being dead for 18 years (MC is 18, nearly 19, btw, not 20), he's been presented as a loving and supportive father who, despite being broke, does everything he possibly can for his son in stark contrast to Lynette's father who cut her off for the unforgivable crime of falling in love with one of the serfs.
I probably misspelled

mine was a comparison between two situations

I meant that in movies, in books we often read about adopted children who do everything to get to know their parents

MC, who I know has not been adopted (apparently), it is hardly credible that in 18-19 years he has never asked any questions, some research, on his mother, a figure he certainly missed.

even the fact that his mother's family didn't care for him couldn't have been indifferent to him in his childhood, could he never have wanted to know who they are?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I probably misspelled

mine was a comparison between two situations

I meant that in movies, in books we often read about adopted children who do everything to get to know their parents

MC, who I know has not been adopted (apparently), it is hardly credible that in 18-19 years he has never asked any questions, some research, on his mother, a figure he certainly missed.

even the fact that his mother's family didn't care for him couldn't have been indifferent to him in his childhood, could he never have wanted to know who they are?
Considering English isn't your first language, I find you to be remarkably clear :)

However, I think you are mistaken in your assumption that, in 18 years, MC has never asked questions about his mother's family, rather, it is most likely that, by the age of 18, MC has asked every question, and recieved every answer, that he wants and is no longer curious about them.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Considering English isn't your first language, I find you to be remarkably clear :)

However, I think you are mistaken in your assumption that, in 18 years, MC has never asked questions about his mother's family, rather, it is most likely that, by the age of 18, MC has asked every question, and recieved every answer, that he wants and is no longer curious about them.
you're right, I exasperated the concept

but among all these questions would there not be the name of his mother's family? who they are? What are they doing? where they live?

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
but among all these questions would there not be the name of his mother's family? who they are? What are they doing? where they live?
Why? They've had no impact up until now on his day to day life.
Disowning is a real thing. Rich families do occasionally cut members off and by all accounts this is what happened to his mother after she married below her station. He's simply learned not to expect much from that direction.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Why? They've had no impact up until now on his day to day life.
Disowning is a real thing. Rich families do occasionally cut members off and by all accounts this is what happened to his mother after she married below her station. He's simply learned not to expect much from that direction.
Does wanting to know your mother's surname seem to you like a bizarre curiosity?
wanting to know the name of the family who ignored you all your life and who abandoned your mother because they didn't accept your father?

that his mother's surname only interests now to us, players.

but I take it for granted that MC knows it, or that at least he should have known it already

Reactions: ename144

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Does wanting to know your mother's surname seem to you like a bizarre curiosity?
wanting to know the name of the family who ignored you all your life and who abandoned your mother because they didn't accept your father?
If they ignored me all my life, I wouldn't have a burning need to know about them either.
How do you even know that he doesn't know his mother's family name?
It simply hasn't come up in any of the conversations featured because... they've had no impact on his life until now.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If they ignored me all my life, I wouldn't have a burning need to know about them either.
It simply hasn't come up in any of the conversations featured because... they've had no impact on his life until now.

perfect.

then it cannot be the twist tied to her letter. which is what I claim

Reactions: Maviarab

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018

I'm assuming that, in the 18 years that preceded the events of the game, many of these questions were asked and answered and that this explains MC's lack of curiosity regarding his extended family; he's already asked every question he can come up with and Neil, being a great dad, has answered to the best of his ability.

It is very possible that already MC knows the surname of his mother, it's just not something that will come up very often, especially in an inner monolgue.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Which logic then dictates his mother isn't connected to the college in any way (maiden name).
Not overtly anyway. At least, not the main line Burgmeisters and Royces.
She could still be peripherally related to either, or possibly even one of those wanna be bluebloods that make the ANO their home.

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
he's (Neil) been presented as a loving and supportive father who, despite being broke, does everything he possibly can for his son in stark contrast to Lynette's father who cut her off for the unforgivable crime of falling in love with one of the serfs.
This is one thing that has always left me a little confused even on multiple playthroughs at this point and off the top of my head i don't remember anything about this being mentioned but why exactly is Neil and there for our MC so broke? Neil is or has carpentry skills, works construction. He mentioned the hotel they were working on when he met our MC' mother was a really big project so likely expensive, no? I've known people in both fields of carpentry and building/construction and they make pretty sizable bank to say the least .... so my thought on this is, could there be something else going on? Like the family of our MC mother having had Neil blacklisted in some way maybe so he can't make much or something? He's clearly working as we see in the game but how is he so broke? It was just something that stuck out to me as odd. Any thought? (y)

spacekun

Mar 19, 2020
The walkthrough is pretty self explanatory....

As for scene completion, to get the extra scenes you need to be diff chick/dik status, multiple runs are recommended.
Yeah I figured it all out now with a 2nd run as Dik and was much less confusing. I still preferred my first run as i went with maya choice. Those two are bloody hot just too bad im stuck in a 3 way as I'd root Josy but like Maya as a character and partner. Good game. Is this final release or future content?

Reactions: JohnDelfino

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Technically the letter was already this episode's cliffhanger, I would't like to use the same thing twice. I'd expect to know something more about what's in it and get a WTF moment at least, not leave us with the same info two episodes in a row.

And get more info about Chad's blackmail, we don't know anything more about it since episode 2 :ROFLMAO: .
The letter wasn't a cliffhanger in ep 5, it was almost something of a throwaway mention in a text message the morning after the Prep party. It was a small tease but the episode moved on quickly and didn't dwell on it.

As for Chad, we still can't say for sure it was blackmail as that's not explicitly stated. All we know is that he feels threatened by it by not that he is being blackmailed by it.

Interesting that you think it'll be in 7 because I think it'll be 8 but I'm not sure whether I believe that for storytelling purposes or because I think the shot of MC's face, upon reading the letter, would be one hell of a cliffhanger at the end of the next Steam version.
Well I didn't think we'd even see the MC's birthday until ep 8 for that very reason, but that tweet which will be an in-game Rooster post changes things and seems to move that timeline up quite a bit.

expectations on the twist about MC's mother seem exaggerated to me.
There's a lot of exaggerated stuff in this game and a game-changing reveal about the MC's Mom would be the least of it. :ROFLMAO:

I still believe it unlikely, or in any case a stretch in the plot, that a boy of twenty has no idea who his mother is, we are used to stories of adopted children who do everything to find out who their real parents are while MC would be satisfied with know the name of a mother he has never seen..
There are people much older than the MC who have no idea who their real parents are, it's not an unusual situation. There are people who used to grow up with an "older sister" who turned out to actually be their mother because it was deemed shameful for girls under 18 and out of wedlock to have kids.

Not knowing the truth about your parents, whether you're adopted or grew up with just one parent, is not a foreign concept and happens more often than you'd think.

Why should he be upset about being a Burgmeister? it could only be good news (even though he already knew that his mother's family was rich) or at least not change anything for his life.
He wouldn't be upset, just shocked, especially due to the fact that he attends a college named after them making him a legacy, and he's met a Burgmeister who may very well be his cousin.

Replying mostly to the bolded section ... I think you're misreading the situation, MC isn't an adopted kid looking for his birth parents, he knows who his parents are/were, it's the family of his mother that he doesn't know and, from what we've seen, doesn't care to know.

In this context, him being a Burgmeister means very little (him being a Royce would for the reasons you pointed out but we know that ain't happening)
It would mean little to him but it could mean a lot to others when they find out because it adds a whole new dynamic to the MC's life even if they try to ignore it. As we've seen, the MC trying to ignore something doesn't work because it will invariably affect him somehow and this would do the same.

As for the rest of your post, 100% agree, it would be terrible to discover that Neil had been lying about Lynette being dead for 18 years (MC is 18, nearly 19, btw, not 20), he's been presented as a loving and supportive father who, despite being broke, does everything he possibly can for his son in stark contrast to Lynette's father who cut her off for the unforgivable crime of falling in love with one of the serfs.
Being a loving, supportive parent doesn't mean they're incapable of keeping secrets from their children, especially if they believe they're doing it in the best interests of their child. In that sense, I'd say it's a very parental thing to want to shield your child from something you think would do more harm than good to them.

Usually in these situations, parents will only tell their child the truth when they feel there is a need for it, like if someone who is adopted goes in for an organ transplant, that's when they find their parents aren't compatible donours because they're adopted. In Neil's case, while his son may very well be attending a college named after his mother's family, he probably didn't think there was any way the family would find out so there was no reason to tell him. But since arriving, the MC has been making some waves, including a very public fight with the Jock President, so this may be how the family found out about him and now Neil will be forced to tell him what he was keeping from him.

It seems clear he doesn't know because it's noted how his Dad never gives a full and complete story about he and his mother got together, and specifically just says she came from a "rich family". Neil's lack of clarity has led the MC to not really ask his Dad much since he never gets a good enough answer and this, to me, seems like it could be a tactic of Neil's to keep the MC from asking him rather than Neil simply having a bad memory.

spacekun

Mar 19, 2020
This is one thing that has always left me a little confused even on multiple playthroughs at this point and off the top of my head i don't remember anything about this being mentioned but why exactly is Neil and there for our MC so broke? Neil is or has carpentry skills, works construction. He mentioned the hotel they were working on when he met our MC' mother was a really big project so likely expensive, no? I've known people in both fields of carpentry and building/construction and they make pretty sizable bank to say the least .... so my thought on this is, could there be something else going on? Like the family of our MC mother having had Neil blacklisted in some way maybe so he can't make much or something? He's clearly working as we see in the game but how is he so broke? It was just something that stuck out to me as odd. Any thought? (y)
Maybe a fat mortgage and he has money tied up in the stock market or bitcoin lmao

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Being blacklisted is something I'm thinking as well, because if the Mom's family were bitter about what they viewed as him "stealing" their daughter away, them doing something vindictive like this would certainly go a long way to explaining why Neil wouldn't want them anywhere near his son.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
Might have something to do with this...
783509_Neil.jpg
As to what kind of legal issues? Beats me. I'm curious myself.

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
Being blacklisted is something I'm thinking as well, because if the Mom's family were bitter about what they viewed as him "stealing" their daughter away, them doing something vindictive like this would certainly go a long way to explaining why Neil wouldn't want them anywhere near his son.
That's kind of where my mind was going also with that. The other little niggle was from the party in Ep5. It may well be nothing at all, but do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any thoughts on who the two guests were at the party - "Red Haired guest/Blonde guest" - I'm thinking Red would be Sage' Dad since she said he was there and Blonde would be maybe Jill's Dad? I only ask because of the way the Blonde guest eye balls our MC. If both men turned and looked at him like he was nothing i wouldn't pay it any mind but there was something weird about that look to me. If he's Jill's Dad maybe he's aware of the MC sniffing around his daughter?
I do enjoy these speculation/theory talks on this board, they're fun for the most part. ;)

Reactions: Silver-Argus

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There are people much older than the MC who have no idea who their real parents are, it's not an unusual situation. There are people who used to grow up with an "older sister" who turned out to actually be their mother because it was deemed shameful for girls under 18 and out of wedlock to have kids.

Not knowing the truth about your parents, whether you're adopted or grew up with just one parent, is not a foreign concept and happens more often than you'd think.
it won't be impossible, but it is still very uncommon.

MC has a father to ask, and Neil should have given him some explanations in order not to answer him, if he had refused to answer him this would have created tension, curiosity about the matter, and it does not seem to be so

Neil may have lied to him, even in this case there must be a reason, and in any case if he had lied to him MC would still know his mother's surname, the fake one he was told, but he would be convinced that he knew.
it is very different not to know something, or to be convinced that you know it

and all this unlikely and dramatic situation would serve to make MC discover that he is a Burgmeister, who apart from exchanging Christmas greetings with Rusty, that would have additional consequences to the simple fact of belonging to a wealthy family (which he is already aware of) ?

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I think Rusty would disagree. I imagine he'd be thrilled to find out the MC is a cousin.

I think you don't understand what it means to grow up under the poverty line. Such questions are a luxury for someone who struggles daily.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes