Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I'll grant you that that is a connection but it goes against him wating to help Quinn. If MC is in a relationship with Maya then he doesn't want Quinn selling his girlfriend, if he's Maya's friend then he doesn't want his friend being sold like that and even if we eventually end up in a situation where he hates her, MC stii wouldn't his best friend's sister to prostitute herself.

With Sage I ask myself, does she want to protect the reputation of a sorority that encourages it's members into prostitution and drug use (both of which I support the legalisation of but that's for a different thread) or does she care about the girls being exploited. If it isn't the latter then I would want nothing to do with her.

As far as I tell, both connections lead to the conclusion that Quinn is a toxic influence who should be removed from the characters' lives, what am I missing?

It is that and,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But what is there on the CHICK path that's not there on the DIK path? I think all character development is there in both.

And I think it's normal if you don't see that comming. It's something that you don't expect based on the context of a game like this, so you automatically rule it out before even considering it. IRL it would be a very different situation.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
But what is there on the CHICK path that's not there on the DIK path? I think all character development is there in both.

And I think it's normal if you don't see that comming. It's something that you don't expect based on the context of a game like this, so you automatically rule it out before even considering it. IRL it would be a very different situation.
It's the caginess mostly, the desire to be open with the MC but the fear to ever say too much. There is no one thing, it's just that all the interactions with Maya (less so Josy who didn't need to be the other girl but it sure added more drama didn't it?) are a little too familiar.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'll grant you that that is a connection but it goes against him wating to help Quinn. If MC is in a relationship with Maya then he doesn't want Quinn selling his girlfriend, if he's Maya's friend then he doesn't want his friend being sold like that and even if we eventually end up in a situation where he hates her, MC stii wouldn't his best friend's sister to prostitute herself.

With Sage I ask myself, does she want to protect the reputation of a sorority that encourages it's members into prostitution and drug use (both of which I support the legalisation of but that's for a different thread) or does she care about the girls being exploited. If it isn't the latter then I would want nothing to do with her.

As far as I tell, both connections lead to the conclusion that Quinn is a toxic influence who should be removed from the characters' lives, what am I missing?
for me MC represents the good Sammaritan, his role is to bring help.

helping Quinn is not about helping her get away with it, but about helping her get out of it as unscathed as possible.

Maya needs the free tuition, if Quinn collapses then the free tuition collapses, Mc should find a way to save "goat and cabbage" (I don't know if it makes sense in English ...). right now Quinn, besides not having the money for the free tuition, seems to be drowning in debt

if the scandal erupts the HOTs are over, we have heard about suspensions for a fight, from such a scandal it would mark the end

MC has to get the HOTs out of these shady trades (about the restaurant I still have doubts that it is perceived more serious by us players than by the characters)

Quinn is absolutely a toxic influence, but bringing the problem to light would do a lot of damage, some irreparable. MC must find, or collaborate to find, a way out for everyone.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
for me MC represents the good Sammaritan, his role is to bring help.

helping Quinn is not about helping her get away with it, but about helping her get out of it as unscathed as possible.

Maya needs the free tuition, if Quinn collapses then the free tuition collapses, Mc should find a way to save "goat and cabbage" (I don't know if it makes sense in English ...). right now Quinn, besides not having the money for the free tuition, seems to be drowning in debt

if the scandal erupts the HOTs are over, we have heard about suspensions for a fight, from such a scandal it would mark the end

MC has to get the HOTs out of these shady trades (about the restaurant I still have doubts that it is perceived more serious by us players than by the characters)

Quinn is absolutely a toxic influence, but bringing the problem to light would do a lot of damage, some irreparable. MC must find, or collaborate to find, a way out for everyone.
And that runs up against the issue I was talking to Bacchus about, namely, what is it about this kid that makes anyone think he could do anything to help in most of these situations. The best he can do is encourage some of them to keep their distance and others to go to the police and try to strike a deal.

I actually quite like Quinn as a character but I think, no matter what we do, she's doomed (I'm flashing to that one O.C episode that showed an alternate timeline where Ryan didn't go to live with the Cohens and Marrissa died anyway and far sooner than she did in the real timeline)

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
I actually quite like Quinn as a character but I think, no matter what we do, she's doomed
I've thought this myself. I kind of see the love interests as pairs, Maya-Josy, Bella-Jill, Sage-Quinn but found it odd that Quinn was never a main love interest. I can't see Quinn being up graded to a main girl either sadly, but it's fun to speculate. :)

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
My theory is Arieth or Jamie blackmail Chad
I'm with you on Jamie, i can't quite put my finger on it but something seems off with him to me. And Arieth .... that would be funny if she's a secret genius just hiding it behind being the dumb slut act. (Doubtful, but funny) I can't see her being in on anything other than getting her next dick fix.

Reactions: Silver-Argus

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I've thought this myself. I kind of see the love interests as pairs, Maya-Josy, Bella-Jill, Sage-Quinn but found it odd that Quinn was never a main love interest. I can't see Quinn being up graded to a main girl either sadly, but it's fun to speculate. :)
I think you're mistaken in including Quinn as an LI; if she were one don't you think she'd be included in the end of chapter summaries? It's my belief that the seven possible Affinity positions relate to seven possible good relationship outcomes: Young, free and single - Sage - Josy - Josy+Maya - Bella - Jill - Maya.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Unless DPC is still hiding us the real "bad guy" of the game, Quinn seems the obvious troublemaker for what it's to come. At the moment, we all can see how she and her shenanigans can hurt the MC and all our main LI... except Bella and JIll. Which is what have me intrigued. We can choose a CHICK path to pursue one (or both) of them while neglecting M&J and obviously Sage, and of course we can do a run avoiding Quinn and her dirty business as much as possible. So anything bad happening to her would only affect the MC in a very slightly way (and mainly because Maya is Derek's sister). But I can't see how it could affect Jill and Bella. In this route I'm saying, DPC might have in mind another shocking event completely unrelated to Quinn. Basically because if the only 'turning point' is something related to Quinn, it won't cause an emotional impact in many players, and I doubt that's an expected outcome for this game.

Bella's secret is the main suspect for that alternative shocking event, but I'm failing to see how it could affect Jill, who seems to be in the known. So my guess is that we're still blind about the greatest turning point in the whole plot

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Unless DPC is still hiding us the real "bad guy" of the game, Quinn seems the obvious troublemaker for what it's to come. At the moment, we all can see how she and her shenanigans can hurt the MC and all our main LI... except Bella and JIll. Which is what have me intrigued. We can choose a CHICK path to pursue one (or both) of them while neglecting M&J and obviously Sage, and of course we can do a run avoiding Quinn and her dirty business as much as possible. So anything bad happening to her would only affect the MC in a very slightly way (and mainly because Maya is Derek's sister). But I can't see how it could affect Jill and Bella. In this route I'm saying, DPC might have in mind another shocking event completely unrelated to Quinn. Basically because if the only 'turning point' is something related to Quinn, it won't cause an emotional impact in many players, and I doubt that's an expected outcome for this game.

Bella's secret is the main suspect for that alternative shocking event, but I'm failing to see how it could affect Jill, who seems to be in the known. So my guess is that we're still blind about the greatest turning point in the whole plot
Quinn's actions could potentially affect the entire college so actually Bella and Jill might be affected, Bella because she could lose her job and Jill because it's her family's name on the wall.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: moskyx

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017

I think its highly likely based on what we've seen that there's real antagonist to be revealed.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
And that runs up against the issue I was talking to Bacchus about, namely, what is it about this kid that makes anyone think he could do anything to help in most of these situations. The best he can do is encourage some of them to keep their distance and others to go to the police and try to strike a deal.

I actually quite like Quinn as a character but I think, no matter what we do, she's doomed (I'm flashing to that one O.C episode that showed an alternate timeline where Ryan didn't go to live with the Cohens and Marrissa died anyway and far sooner than she did in the real timeline)
from a realistic point of view you would be right, but the protagonist of every story should make the difference, be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

my reasoning is simple: regardless of Quinn's fate, the scandal cannot explode, it would do too much damage. in this I expect MC's intervention, and it is easier for him to act with Quinn than against Quinn in this. if MC acted against Quinn this would risk making the situation degenerate, bringing matters to light that must remain "private"

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Quinn's actions could potentially affect the entire college so actually Bella and Jill might be affected, Bella because she could lose her job and Jill because it's her family's name on the wall.
Still weak connections, in comparison with 2 girls who can be directly involved in those activities and another one who could be blamed for cooperate with it or a negligent supervision. A teacher can find another job easily if her name is not directly involved in the incident. Although Jill's family falling appart due to the scandal could be a bit more serious issue, but it's still a far-fetched way as long as they are not, again, directly involved or benefited from those activities. So we still need to see more hints to calibrate the real impact of this possible scandal.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
I think you're mistaken in including Quinn as an LI; if she were one don't you think she'd be included in the end of chapter summaries?
I wasn't meaning to include Quinn in the bulk of LI's, i probably should have written that better. It just seemed odd to me that Sage seemed to stand alone but Quinn was also there in the game and is a character Sage even tries to push you towards. Of course it could also be my OCD with numbers .... i hate odds ... always evens please! lol ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Silver-Argus

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Still weak connections, in comparison with 2 girls who can be directly involved in those activities and another one who could be blamed for cooperate with it or a negligent supervision. A teacher can find another job easily if her name is not directly involved in the incident. Although Jill's family falling appart due to the scandal could be a bit more serious issue, but it's still a far-fetched way as long as they are not, again, directly involved or benefited from those activities. So we still need to see more hints to calibrate the real impact of this possible scandal.
Weak? Maybe but I wasn't looking for strong connections, merely looking to debunk your assertion that Bella and Jill weren't affected by Quinn's actions. A scandel of this nature on a college of this size (what's the highest dorm room number shown? The highest I remember is in the 70s during the second free roam)

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes