lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I was speaking in terms of if this were a movie where the same sort of thing were to happen, and since you can very much expect the protagonist of that hypothetical movie will end up resolving the situation, then I feel we can reasonably expect the MC of this game to be able to do the same if he does indeed get drawn into it.

For me, the thing that's going on with Quinn has always been the real story of this game. It may seem like an intriguing side story that we can opt out of it, but it feels more likely to me that it will soon have far-reaching ramifications that will affect characters who are more closely connected to the MC and thus drag him into it. So, in order to help them, he'd have to help Quinn and this is where I personally have always seen where this story is going.
Ah, I wasn't as clear as I meant to be. I agree that Quinn is important but in a different way than the 5 LIs, she's a catalyst for events. Her story may be the big story but that doesn't mean it's MC's story; his story seems only peripharally related to hers in that he's willing to pay her to bang a couple of students, all of whom will go on to give it up for free anyway and accept to smoke a little weed. That, by necessity, describes a number of students on campus (the restaurant would not be successful if MC and Burke are the only clients)

What I'm saying is that MC and Quinn's stories are intersected, not connected.

Yamura

Mar 14, 2019
Since we’re getting into conspiracy theories, does anyone think somehow the Dean is involved in the drug/prostitution ring? Seems like there was a scene at the snob frat house where he was walking out of a room and Our Hero goes in to see one of the girls crying.......

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Since we’re getting into conspiracy theories, does anyone think somehow the Dean is involved in the drug/prostitution ring? Seems like there was a scene at the snob frat house where he was walking out of a room and Our Hero goes in to see one of the girls crying.......
Burke isn't the Dean. He's essentially a glorified " " who, according to Jade, bought his position in the school's faculty.

And, no, he's probably not involved in the drug/prostiution ring, but it does seem like he knows of it and purchases services from Quinn.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I agree, but it's important to note that we don't really know the scope of Quinn's problems yet. That makes a big difference in how much help the MC could be in resolving them.

For example, if Quinn's shortage stems from the fact she's been siphoning off a lot of her drugs for her own use and is thus now behind on payments, the MC could plausibly help by getting Quinn sober and organizing a one-time concert/performance/bake sale/etc to clear her existing debts. That wouldn't solve the problems of drug use in general, but it would mean the HOTs (and Quinn for those who care about her specifically) are no longer on a slippery slope.

On the other hand, if Quinn is desperate for the money because low-level organized crime is leaning on her and/or the HOTs and her 'debt' is part of their racket, suddenly it's a lot harder for the MC to fix these problems. Even if he cleared the current debt, those manipulating Quinn would just take that as a sign to increase their demands. In this scenario, the MC would need to address the problem of organized crime itself, which seems significantly beyond his skill set. (Although an Anti-Drug PSA mini-game would be hilarious!)

Episode 6 continues to tantalize us with potential answers to some of these long standing questions, so hopefully we will finally be in a position to evaluate this sort of thing 'soon.'
I don't really see episode 6 answers fundamental questions.
It's could set up potential physical consequences for when Quinn is going to be unable to pay next month. That's spomething there could be optional choice for us to help with either temporary physical protection or temporary help temporarily paying if we do come into some money.
I still think the wider shortage and her wider problems is going to be linked with a central plot and probably an antagonist we'll have to get involved with dealing with anyway

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
She is the freak in the bed .. there are no limits to how kinky or devoted she can get to stroke her desire!
physical consequences
Anyways ... MC is this krak my GAAAaaaaAAAA all around mma wanna be to trump all assailants.

probably an antagonist
MC has already tangoed with a whole house full of dastadly anti heroes ready to submit to his brand of retribution!

Amansas

Apr 17, 2018
OK... one question before i download....is the story better or worse than Acting Lessons, for now, at least?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
OK... one question before i download....is the story better or worse than Acting Lessons, for now, at least?
I think he's improved as a writer since AL (which we should expect from any writer) but, since it's incomplete, it's hard to say as he may have an house fire level event planned which, to us, comes out of nowhere.

There is one event which many people don't see coming and hate as a result but which is actually well seeded but has many of the clues locked to one path and not the other.

Amansas

Apr 17, 2018
I think he's improved as a writer since AL (which we should expect from any writer) but, since it's incomplete, it's hard to say as he may have an house fire level event planned which, to us, comes out of nowhere.

There is one event which many people don't see coming and hate as a result but which is actually well seeded but has many of the clues locked to one path and not the other.
Please... don't remind me of the house fire, I literally got over it 2 hours ago... but thanks, nonetheless

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Yeah, he purchased Mona's services from Quinn but Mona couldn't go through with it. Thoough, I'm not sure Professor Burke is the dean.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Ah, I wasn't as clear as I meant to be. I agree that Quinn is important but in a different way than the 5 LIs, she's a catalyst for events. Her story may be the big story but that doesn't mean it's MC's story; his story seems only peripharally related to hers in that he's willing to pay her to bang a couple of students, all of whom will go on to give it up for free anyway and accept to smoke a little weed. That, by necessity, describes a number of students on campus (the restaurant would not be successful if MC and Burke are the only clients)

What I'm saying is that MC and Quinn's stories are intersected, not connected.
the connection is Maya, mainly in the sense of free tuition, and Sage, mainly in the sense of the more or less luminous destiny of the HOTs.

it is not a very strong connection, and absolutely it also depends on the path we choose (whatever path we choose we will have to deal with it, but we will be more or less interested) but it is there.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I think he is referring to M&J.
I though so too, and the library scene. But I don't think that there's any significant information in their path than in other paths. It's not like you understand more when you play their route, the character development is there in all routes I'd say equally.

So I didn't know if it was that what he meant and if it were then why.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
the connection is Maya, mainly in the sense of free tuition, and Sage, mainly in the sense of the more or less luminous destiny of the HOTs.

it is not a very strong connection, and absolutely it also depends on the path we choose (whatever path we choose we will have to deal with it, but we will be more or less interested) but it is there.
I'll grant you that that is a connection but it goes against him wating to help Quinn. If MC is in a relationship with Maya then he doesn't want Quinn selling his girlfriend, if he's Maya's friend then he doesn't want his friend being sold like that and even if we eventually end up in a situation where he hates her, MC stii wouldn't his best friend's sister to prostitute herself.

With Sage I ask myself, does she want to protect the reputation of a sorority that encourages it's members into prostitution and drug use (both of which I support the legalisation of but that's for a different thread) or does she care about the girls being exploited. If it isn't the latter then I would want nothing to do with her.

As far as I tell, both connections lead to the conclusion that Quinn is a toxic influence who should be removed from the characters' lives, what am I missing?
I though so too, and the library scene. But I don't think that there's any significant information in their path than in other paths. It's not like you understand more when you play their route, the character development is there in all routes I'd say equally.

So I didn't know if it was that what he meant and if it were then why.
It is that and,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kuraii

Jul 22, 2020
Please... don't remind me of the house fire, I literally got over it 2 hours ago... but thanks, nonetheless
But precisely by entering this forum and giving BaDIK a chance was what helped me overcome what happened in AL, which was something that affected me for I don't know how many days.:cry:

So here you are safe.

Vyacheslav Grinko

Nov 9, 2018
I hope in the next update the MC can arrange a meeting with all of those sexy chicks in his DMs because most of them are really into him. I bet he will fuck them in his first date .

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes