Kuraii

Jul 22, 2020
Mostly because it's a game where we've already seen our main guy get pulled into multiple peoples messes. Not to mention the story possibilities could go in any direction. How the MC could help, again, could go in many ways. Whether on the DIK/Chick path you still help people along the way. Quinn is surely getting in over her head and i'm guessing at some point we as the player will get sucked into it and will likely get a choice as to how we help. Quinn clearly has affection for the MC so if she's had other avenues closed off such as help from Tommy, she can't get help from Sage with what she's been up to but the MC knows about both the drugs (To a lesser extent) and the pay for girls scheme she's running whether you've indulged in it or not, you still learn of it in game.
Perhaps your right and it won't be a thing but i think Quinn will certainly be in deep shit at some point and who knows, maybe she'll be the "AL" sacrificial lamb! lol (Hope not) And to your point of thinking it should be optional - I would likely think there will be some choice there, much like the Hell Week tasks where you can pass the buck on to Derek more, you know, if you want to be a complete pussy .... ;) But i understand some people might not want to be forced into something like helping Quinn. She seems to be the Marmite of this game .... Love her or hate her. Very little to no middle ground. (y)
Despite the things she does (like manipulating Maya, for example), I would never hesitate to help her either on the DIK or Chick path. I really like her character, so I would also like to see her other side.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That'll probably depend on weather the 2nd date is only for those on her route or for everyone regardless.

I believe that the second date is accessible to all players (who have not rejected her), regardless of affinity, but I do not think you can go further without the right affinity.

already the question of the abuse of poor Tybalt risks being a very critical point

Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

Danny Manning

Aug 13, 2018
Well, I’ve (fortunately) never had crabs. But whenever people tell stories about them I think they can pass through households through laundry. As far as we know the DIKs have them but the alphas don’t even though most of them have also fucked Arieth.

It was also not made clear if Derek had them, though it was suggested he might.

Bella is traumatised and or heart broken. For whatever reason she is attracted to the MC, I think this could be a maternal feeling (perhaps playing in to the dead kid theory). Think about the MC for a moment;

In shape
intelligent
kind
funny
flirty
needs her help
gets on with her best friend
big ol‘ D

For whatever reason he’s unlocked her repressed sexuality, perhaps just because it’s the first time she has let her guard down in recent times.

What do we know about her personality outside her relationship with MC. She’s 36 give or take. Has been married, possibly had a kid. She has a sense of humour (which I like alot) but it’s very deadpan seemingly because of her trauma. She cooks, she keeps in shape, she likes wine tasting for fun. She keeps her axe and Boots clean and sharp (lol). Her idea of a date night is sitting quietly in her study reading.

The ‘she doesn’t know what she wants‘ side Is all part of her trauma. She doesn’t want to ‘cheat’ on her husband, but she knows the relationship is over (either because she murdered him and chopped his body into iddy biddy pieces or because he left for other reasons). She is also probably torn about the age differences, And about MCs relationship with Jill. I actually think those issues are part of her maturity rather than evidence of a lack of it.

I personally think Bella might be Jill's Bio Mom, seeing she is so protective of her and influential in Jill's life. MC can't date without Bella's approval. I'm more interested in this story arc than any other due to the fact of Bella's Past and the locked room. I'm of the opinion that husband is MIA there doesn't seem to be any communication between the two of them. at the very least there would be Emails. SERIOUSLY can't wait to find out more. Such a great game so far.

On a off topic note ( Can't believe they never egged the preps)

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Mostly because it's a game where we've already seen our main guy get pulled into multiple peoples messes. Not to mention the story possibilities could go in any direction. How the MC could help, again, could go in many ways. Whether on the DIK/Chick path you still help people along the way. Quinn is surely getting in over her head and i'm guessing at some point we as the player will get sucked into it and will likely get a choice as to how we help. Quinn clearly has affection for the MC so if she's had other avenues closed off such as help from Tommy, she can't get help from Sage with what she's been up to but the MC knows about both the drugs (To a lesser extent) and the pay for girls scheme she's running whether you've indulged in it or not, you still learn of it in game.
Perhaps your right and it won't be a thing but i think Quinn will certainly be in deep shit at some point and who knows, maybe she'll be the "AL" sacrificial lamb! lol (Hope not) And to your point of thinking it should be optional - I would likely think there will be some choice there, much like the Hell Week tasks where you can pass the buck on to Derek more, you know, if you want to be a complete pussy .... ;) But i understand some people might not want to be forced into something like helping Quinn. She seems to be the Marmite of this game .... Love her or hate her. Very little to no middle ground. (y)
It comes down to your version of 'help' I guess. I'm looking at the MC, an 18 (maybe 19 by then) year old freshman and wondering just what help he can possibly provide.

What are his choices? We know he can fight so that's one possibility but one I don't see ending well since, unless he kills the dealers (which I can't see happening) then they're bound to come back armed.

He could encourage her to go to the police or He could take her to see Cathy/Jade who would do the same, with Jade also then having something more of Stephen should she need it.

Or he leaves her to sort out her own mess.

Last edited:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
So the next episode is meant to be final for season 1 or is it still not confirmed?
Chapter 4 was the end of season 1, chapter 6 is the second part of season 2.

The season are really for Steam, the chapter 5 content is not included in the version you buy from there and won't be added until after chapter 8 has been released to patrons.

Reactions: Luther9555

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
when is the next update
Since you're new I'll tell you that, based on the dev's progress reports and extrapolating from their past update schedule, mid to late October is the best guess but nobody can tell you more than that.

I'll also tell you that this question gets asked multiple times a day (yours is the third so far) so, in future, try looking back over the previous 3-5 pages because it gets annoying seeing this all the time :)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It comes down to your version of 'help' I guess. I'm looking at the MC, an 18 (maybe 19 by then) year old freshman and wondering just what help he can possibly provide.

What are his choices? We know he can fight so that's one possibility but one I don't see ending well since, unless he kills the dealers (which I can't see happening) then they're bound to come back armed.

He could encourage her to go to the police or He could take her to see Cathy/Jade who would do the same, with Jade also then having something more of Stephen should she need it.

Or he leaves her to sort out her own mess.
I think it's best not to imagine this in a real world context and imagine it more in the realm of fiction where it exists, a realm where ordinary people get dragged into extraordinary situations but somehow manage to sort their way out of it in exaggerated and often contrived ways.

Things like what Quinn is doing don't have easy solutions in the real world but they generally do in the fictional world, so whatever "help" the MC provides will work within the context of the story even if it does stretch the believability of how it could ever work in the real world.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
I personally think Bella might be Jill's Bio Mom, seeing she is so protective of her and influential in Jill's life. MC can't date without Bella's approval. I'm more interested in this story arc than any other due to the fact of Bella's Past and the locked room. I'm of the opinion that husband is MIA there doesn't seem to be any communication between the two of them. at the very least there would be Emails. SERIOUSLY can't wait to find out more. Such a great game so far.

On a off topic note ( Can't believe they never egged the preps)
I don’t think that will be the case as the ages don’t line up very well. (Plus some other things). We know Bella is around 36 (having attended Uni 18 years ago) we know Jill is around 21. That would have meant Bella was 14/15 when she got pregnant/ gave birth. Not impossible, but unlikely.

My prediction Jill‘s ’twist’ is that her sister committed suicide after a getting bullied.

My prediction Bella’s husband either left after the death of a kid or someone else has left. He is in some way responsible for the death. Possible he is MIA.

Jill and Bella met During a group trauma meeting.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I think it's best not to imagine this in a real world context and imagine it more in the realm of fiction where it exists, a realm where ordinary people get dragged into extraordinary situations but somehow manage to sort their way out of it in exaggerated and often contrived ways.

Things like what Quinn is doing don't have easy solutions in the real world but they generally do in the fictional world, so whatever "help" the MC provides will work within the context of the story even if it does stretch the believability of how it could ever work in the real world.
There's a sentence (or extract of one) in need of context, by that arguement I could expect the MC to fix everything with the Infinity Gauntlet :ROFLMAO:

That aside, I agree with you that, in fiction, exaggerations and contrivences are possible, for example, that Josy, a girl who clearly grew up in the same town as him and lived within cycling distance, would have a secret girlfriend who just happened to be one of the first people he met at B&R and, through a series off bizarre circumstances, just happened to end up living with. Nevertheless, there is a point at which a story goes too far and MC being in any way capable of solving Quinn's problems beyond what I already stated is it for me.

Reactions: ename144

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
There's a sentence (or extract of one) in need of context, by that arguement I could expect the MC to fix everything with the Infinity Gauntlet :ROFLMAO:

That aside, I agree with you that, in fiction, exaggerations and contrivences are possible, for example, that Josy, a girl who clearly grew up in the same town as him and lived within cycling distance, would have a secret girlfriend who just happened to be one of the first people he met at B&R and, through a series off bizarre circumstances, just happened to end up living with. Nevertheless, there is a point at which a story goes too far and MC being in any way capable of solving Quinn's problems beyond what I already stated is it for me.
I agree, but it's important to note that we don't really know the scope of Quinn's problems yet. That makes a big difference in how much help the MC could be in resolving them.

For example, if Quinn's shortage stems from the fact she's been siphoning off a lot of her drugs for her own use and is thus now behind on payments, the MC could plausibly help by getting Quinn sober and organizing a one-time concert/performance/bake sale/etc to clear her existing debts. That wouldn't solve the problems of drug use in general, but it would mean the HOTs (and Quinn for those who care about her specifically) are no longer on a slippery slope.

On the other hand, if Quinn is desperate for the money because low-level organized crime is leaning on her and/or the HOTs and her 'debt' is part of their racket, suddenly it's a lot harder for the MC to fix these problems. Even if he cleared the current debt, those manipulating Quinn would just take that as a sign to increase their demands. In this scenario, the MC would need to address the problem of organized crime itself, which seems significantly beyond his skill set. (Although an Anti-Drug PSA mini-game would be hilarious!)

Episode 6 continues to tantalize us with potential answers to some of these long standing questions, so hopefully we will finally be in a position to evaluate this sort of thing 'soon.'

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
On the other hand, if Quinn is desperate for the money because low-level organized crime is leaning on her and/or the HOTs and her 'debt' is part of their racket, suddenly it's a lot harder for the MC to fix these problems. Even if he cleared the current debt, those manipulating Quinn would just take that as a sign to increase their demands. In this scenario, the MC would need to address the problem of organized crime itself, which seems significantly beyond his skill set. (Although an Anti-Drug PSA mini-game would be hilarious!)
To me, this would be no different than if the same scenario were to play in some 'college-comedy-romp' movie. Sure, it might seem like it would be impossible for one person, especially a 19 year old college student, to bring down a small-time drug dealer and his cohorts, but he will and whilst it might seem crazy and contrived yet conveniently works out for them, your mind just accepts it because we're not watching something that's meant to be ground in total, 100% reality.

So many stories are about a character who's out of their depth and encountering things that should be beyond their skill set, but they succeed anyway despite these shortcomings. Why? Because it's supposed to work out for them in a way that neatly wraps things up.

Reactions: OneShotKiller

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
To me, this would be no different than if the same scenario were to play in some 'college-comedy-romp' movie. Sure, it might seem like it would be impossible for one person, especially a 19 year old college student, to bring down a small-time drug dealer and his cohorts, but he will and whilst it might seem crazy and contrived yet conveniently works out for them, your mind just accepts it because we're not watching something that's meant to be ground in total, 100% reality.

So many stories are about a character who's out of their depth and encountering things that should be beyond their skill set, but they succeed anyway despite these shortcomings. Why? Because it's supposed to work out for them in a way that neatly wraps things up.
He will, will he? Are you admitting that you're DPC under an alt? :oops:

I might be willing to accept this from the MC if Quinn was an LI but, as she has never once appeared in the end of chapter summaries it is only logical to treat her as a side girl, the most important side girl maybe, but a side girl nontheless and a good person to waste a potentially immersion breaking plot contrivence on.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
He will, will he? Are you admitting that you're DPC under an alt? :oops:

I might be willing to accept this from the MC if Quinn was an LI but, as she has never once appeared in the end of chapter summaries it is only logical to treat her as a side girl, the most important side girl maybe, but a side girl nontheless and a good person to waste a potentially immersion breaking plot contrivence on.
I was speaking in terms of if this were a movie where the same sort of thing were to happen, and since you can very much expect the protagonist of that hypothetical movie will end up resolving the situation, then I feel we can reasonably expect the MC of this game to be able to do the same if he does indeed get drawn into it.

For me, the thing that's going on with Quinn has always been the real story of this game. It may seem like it's just an intriguing side story that we can opt out of, but it feels more likely to me that it will soon have far-reaching ramifications that will affect characters who are more closely connected to the MC and thus drag him into it. So, in order to help them, he'd have to help Quinn and this is where I personally have always seen where this story is going.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes