bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Nope. For starters: you quoted just a half of my statement.
And the second thing: I'm not even talking about my subjective view of her character. I'm talking objectively, like someone who had some experience in writing, about Quinn's traits.

She isn't misunderstood rebel, she isn't secretly caring for gravely ill old mother, she isn't an excellent student leading a double life, she isn't helping in the local dog shelter... She is a whore, junkie and sadist. Basically, that's all her traits through 2 episodes.

You want a bad guy turning good? SHe doesn't provide any clue. And if you think that's normal - nope. It's enough to take a look at Troy again. He is bitter, hostile, bitchy... And yet he shows he is not just that in that one small scene when MC plays on guitar. Again - Quinn didn't show anything remotely similar.
That's the point people have been making about her character on whole. She's got the development of a fly dying on the wall, you'll take a brief glance, if that and then be on your merry way to where the substance is at. An empty character serves only one purpose, a dish rag. I guess in that regard, she plays that role well. Nothing stellar or interesting about it, people just look at the model being used and let the blood flow somewhere else.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
And the second thing: I'm not even talking about my subjective view of her character. I'm talking objectively, like someone who had some experience in writing, about Quinn's traits.

She isn't misunderstood rebel, she isn't secretly caring for gravely ill old mother, she isn't an excellent student leading a double life, she isn't helping in the local dog shelter... She is a whore, junkie and sadist. Basically, that's all her traits through 2 episodes.

You want a bad guy turning good? SHe doesn't provide any clue. And if you think that's normal - nope. It's enough to take a look at Troy again. He is bitter, hostile, bitchy... And yet he shows he is not just that in that one small scene when MC plays on guitar. Again - Quinn didn't show anything remotely similar.
Except a character doesn`t have to have a secret identity to be a character or have a personality or be interesting - she is outgoing and transparent - that`s who she is and that`s perferctly fine.
You don`t find her to be interesting,that`s also perfectly fine but if,like you said,you`re trying to be objective,you`re not.

Reactions: Freezer14

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Yes, because that half i found unjust. I mean.. what if i find her emotionally interesting? You say there is nothing interesting in her emotionally. I disagree. Hence i explained that this is a subjective issue. You say: nope. Nope? What do you mean Nope. I find her emotionally interesting. I can't? :p

She is a whore, junkie and sadist.
Yes, sooo? Those are interesting traits for some and we don't know how her story will unfold.

You want a bad guy turning good? SHe doesn't provide any clue. And if you think that's normal - nope. It's enough to take a look at Troy again. He is bitter, hostile, bitchy... And yet he shows he is not just that in that one small scene when MC plays on guitar.
I never said i want the bad guy turn good :sneaky: Thats a possibility but i never said that is what i want. Clues are curious little things. How many clues did we get in AL exactly? :unsure: Regardless of that, so you are saying that since Quinn is like this.. she HAS TO stay like this too? Because i totally disagree on that. Whether she will or not is an entirelly different matter.
Quinn didn't show anything remotely similar.
Which proves nothing really. Only that she can end up one dimensional indeed.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
View attachment 334536

First Maria praises Sage,than some dude says Quinn`s ass is flat,now Quinn doesn`t have a personality?
OK now I`m certain we have travelled to some other dimension.

She has the most distinct,well written personality of them all - she`s up front,she`s honest af,she`s funny in a very specific way,she likes to take charge,she`s smart,competetive,rough on the edges,confident,fiesty....
Shiet I`ll even take everything she was accused of being - manipulative,slutty,evil and so on but to say she doesn`t have a personality?What?

"She isn't an interesting character - she is an interesting antagonist." - you realize that`s a contradiction?
Antagonist is a character,protagonist is a character,side character is a character,pedestrain on the street you see in only 1 scene is a character.

I expect more form you fren.
That my statement wasn't contradictory at all. There is a reason why sentences shouldn't be cut out from wider context.

She isn't an interesting character as possible LI - there is zero quality in her personality for that - so far.
She is an interesting antagonist because she is doing all the bad things but not going over the top like most antagonists in adult games. Her cruel jokes, her remarks, her sadistic acts - they are all perfectly placed for a credible "bad guy".

Her traits as possible LI? 0.
Let's say MC starts dating her - where would they go? What would they talk about? Pussy prices? Which dealer has better goods?

She doesn't have ANY LI trait. And if her character doesn't get a surprising overhaul in next update, she'll remain just evil plot device.

AdliQuiBoit

Feb 21, 2019
That my statement wasn't contradictory at all. There is a reason why sentences shouldn't be cut out from wider context.

She isn't an interesting character as possible LI - there is zero quality in her personality for that - so far.
She is an interesting antagonist because she is doing all the bad things but not going over the top like most antagonists in adult games. Her cruel jokes, her remarks, her sadistic acts - they are all perfectly placed for a credible "bad guy".

Let's say MC starts dating her - where would they go? What would they talk about? Pussy prices? Which dealer has better goods?

She doesn't have ANY LI trait. And if her character doesn't get a surprising overhaul in next update, she'll remain just evil plot device.
Who cares if she's not LI material, she's just there so you can ram it in her. Not all female characters have to be LI..

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Nope, I had never heard of this dev before playing this game. I do hope we'll be able to protect the other characters.
There will be drama, there will be grim moments you can count on that. Trust us, the warning is there with good reasons. Seriously. But since there are many possible outcomes we probably can save the ones we care about the most in a single playthrough but his game is one of those that begs for a couple of playthroughs.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
First Maria praises Sage,than some dude says Quinn`s ass is flat,now Quinn doesn`t have a personality?
OK now I`m certain we have travelled to some other dimension.

She has the most distinct,well written personality of them all - she`s up front,she`s honest af,she`s funny in a very specific way,she likes to take charge,she`s smart,competetive,rough on the edges,confident,fiesty....
Shiet I`ll even take everything she was accused of being - manipulative,slutty,evil and so on but to say she doesn`t have a personality?What?
You just effectively described hyper aggression. That's all her personality is, there's zero development there. Beyond being superficial it holds no substance. If something more isn't added then the character is a plot device at best to progress whatever the dev wants to antagonize the mc with. There's no reason for the players to invest the mc with her as an Li. She's effectively a character model meant to titillate and nothing more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I disagree but i also repeat this is only the second update, in truth when the first update came out almost none of the girls were even remotely interesting to me outside their looks, that's because the game just started and there is way more time for them to get developed and fleshed out as their own full blown characters.
In second update alone i got more interested in 2 previous girls i haven't been(outside their looks). Bella and Sage became more interesting to me in this update. Next update who knows, maybe some other girls become more interest, maybe some become less interesting, maybe some of them do something that makes me love them while others do something that makes me hate them.

It's only the second update and already we know that she literally runs a whore house and is doing/distributing drugs LOL, how more do you want her to go over the top so far? Was DrPink suppose to reveal she is behind 9/11? Or something? She is doing just fine IMO

You see that's the problem you make, you treat her and the potential relationship she and MC could have as you would with everyone else. Clearly Quinn is not the type you would take to the movies or bring on romantic dates, if the MC were to ever have a relationship it would be a Bonnie and Clyde type of thing, they would need to bond over doing some fucked up things to other characters in the game, maybe some of the girls or maybe to Chad and some other assholes of the game, it depends what DrPink has in plan if anything yet.

She might just be an evil plot device it entirely depends on what DrPink has in store for her, personally i think he will do a lot more with her because he seems to be having the most fun writing her.
People just need to remember they can't treat her LI trait the same as with other girls, she is more complex than that, taking her to the movies or on a picnic is not gonna cut it, taking her on a mission to frame that guy that sniffs after Jill as a sexual harasser or burning down the whole damn college is the kind of dates she would love to go on. And personally i find those way more interesting then "pick me up at 8 so we can go to dinner" kind.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017

Are you messsing with me now?
I quoted your entire post and adressed a specific part of it,one that was a contradiction,which is why you now rephrased it to:

"She isn't an interesting character as possible LI...
She is an interesting antagonist...
"

Which makes more sens,however that is purely subjective opinion,of yours.I find her the most interesting LI of them all,because of her edgy personality,confidence,to a degree even her life style and so on.

"Let's say MC starts dating her - where would they go? What would they talk about? Pussy prices? Which dealer has better goods?"

Stay in bed for a month of rough fucking for starters,party,mess with people etc...talk about her business,his past,her past,their future whatever etc...
Just because you peronaly don`t find those perspectives attractive doesn`t mean they aren`t attractive for anyone.

"She doesn't have ANY LI trait."
...that are attractive to you personally. :LOL:

You are making absolute statements while superimposing your own personal preferences as an absolute standard.

"And if her character doesn't get a surprising overhaul in next update, she'll remain just evil plot device."

To make her more to your personal taste,than she`ll be worthy:LOL:
C`mon man.

Rehab :p but taking Quinn out on a date at least it would be nice and cheap either way we would be in for a wild ride and I'm certainly not against that idea :LOL:
Dinner with Josy
Movie with Maya
or
Possibility of waking up in Nikaragua with absolutly no recolection of wtf happened and where are my pants with Quinn
I`m the only one finding the last option interesting?

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Who cares if she's not LI material, she's just there so you can ram it in her. Not all female characters have to be LI..
By that reasoning, then yeah, she serves her purpose well. Which is to have her flat and loose booty, get pumped hard. Joking aside, the character model's ass looks firm and tight but it ain't no bubble butt sadly. Those are the best.

Rehab :p but taking Quinn out on a date at least it would be nice and cheap either way we would be in for a wild ride and I'm certainly not against that idea :LOL:
Just make sure you stop at the nearest hospital for a full examination, immunization, and perhaps quarantine after the ride is over.

• Wow
Reactions: Mormont

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
You just effectively described hyper aggression. That's all her personality is, there's zero development there. Beyond being superficial it holds no substance. If something more isn't added then the character is a plot device at best to progress whatever the dev wants to antagonize the mc with. There's no reason for the players to invest the mc with her as an Li. She's effectively a character model meant to titillate and nothing more.
You say hyper aggression I say hot - see how that works?What you find to be unattractive might turn out to be extremely attractive to someone else.

Yeah after 2 episodes she did not completed the entire "heroes journey"(like all the other girls did...oh wait they didn`t) and yet I have the most to say about her,out of all the girls she gets the most descriptors,yet she`s the most shallow one?Well I disagree.

Reactions: Freezer14

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
You say hyper aggression I say hot - see how that works?What you find to be unattractive might turn out to be extremely attractive to someone else.

Yeah after 2 episodes she did not completed the entire "heroes journey"(like all the other girls did...oh wait they didn`t) and yet I have the most to say about her,out of all the girls she gets the most descriptors,yet she`s the most shallow one?Well I disagree.
Never said anything about her being the most shallow. The winners of that one would have to be the myriad of characters being used in the background that the mc gets to destroy if the players make the correct decisions. Those are shallow that the only thing they exist for is a momentary romp or two. As far as the attractiveness of the character, that's not in debate. It's precisely as I've stated already, the character model and the hyper aggression it's designed around is meant to titillate the audience. That's always been the purpose of hyper aggression in women by the way, it's meant to gain attention.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes