issue28

May 17, 2020
how much content is there as of this version? i am curious if i should play now or wait for some other updates. played a few games at the 0.5 stage and was disappointed by the small amount of story/lewds.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Cool, though it seems very hard to justify that cluck in-game if Maya & Josy are supposedly trying to keep a low profile.

(Unless the MC is still living with Maya, I guess. But that would almost certainly require a lot of complicated branching.)

EDIT: Also, am I alone in thinking this would be a post from Maya? Most clucks are selfies, and having Josy post suggestive pictures of Maya is crazyit even by the normally nonsensical rules of Rooster. It could be the MC, but he almost never posts clucks and as I said it's hard to see how he could still be her roommate.

I would love another movie night with Maya, though, so I'd be delighted to be wrong about that!
I thought it was Maya at first too and that "roomie" could mean either the MC or Josy depending on the path the player is on, but considering that "roomie" is the subject of the post, I would think that it refers to the person in the picture as that would be the "roomie" in question.

It is a suggestive pic with the whole lifting of the skirt thing, but if it is Josy, would it really be any different than the pic of Mona and Camila kissing, or the upcoming post with Melanie and Lily in the shower together? Compared to those 2 this is very tame, plus it wouldn't do anything to risk "outing" them because as far as others are concerned, they can get away with it as just being old friends from school because that is technically true.

how much content is there as of this version? i am curious if i should play now or wait for some other updates. played a few games at the 0.5 stage and was disappointed by the small amount of story/lewds.
Tons. Veritable tons. You can easily spend about 8+ hours playing this on the first playthrough and there are multiple paths you can go down so you can easily get several replays out of it too.

Reactions: issue28

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I thought it was Maya at first too and that "roomie" could mean either the MC or Josy depending on the path the player is on, but considering that "roomie" is the subject of the post, I would think that it refers to the person in the picture as that would be the "roomie" in question.

It is a suggestive pic with the whole lifting of the skirt thing, but if it is Josy, would it really be any different than the pic of Mona and Camila kissing, or the upcoming post with Melanie and Lily in the shower together? Compared to those 2 this is very tame, plus it wouldn't do anything to risk "outing" them because as far as others are concerned, they can get away with it as just being old friends from school because that is technically true.
It's not that the picture itself is too racy; as you say, by Rooster standards it's pretty tame. But it IS suggestive and that's an odd thing to post when Maya has been so worried about anyone finding out she likes girls. (Again, unless it's the MC posting this.)

Josy posting the pic takes that problem to a whole new level, because we are explicitly told Maya's dad cannot learn they are roommates. I've been willing to turn a blind eye to Derek's self-incriminating clucks in the past, but if Josy really did post it would be a fatal blow to the notion that Maya's dad is controlling her life. If he doesn't notice something this blatant, how could he possibly have managed to keep the two from communicating over the summer?

That in turn would severely undermine Maya's character, because it would appear as though she put zero effort into remaining in contact with the girl she supposedly loves.

Mar 18, 2019
It's not that the picture itself is too racy; as you say, by Rooster standards it's pretty tame. But it IS suggestive and that's an odd thing to post when Maya has been so worried about anyone finding out she likes girls. (Again, unless it's the MC posting this.)

Josy posting the pic takes that problem to a whole new level, because we are explicitly told Maya's dad cannot learn they are roommates. I've been willing to turn a blind eye to Derek's self-incriminating clucks in the past, but if Josy really did post it would be a fatal blow to the notion that Maya's dad is controlling her life. If he doesn't notice something this blatant, how could he possibly have managed to keep the two from communicating over the summer?

That in turn would severely undermine Maya's character, because it would appear as though she put zero effort into remaining in contact with the girl she supposedly loves.
Did Maya, Josy, or Derek ever say why maya’s dad can’t find out she’s living with josy or seeing her?

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

You know how many girls are bi in this game?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
But her and Josy are friends from school, so friends posting mildly racy pics of each other on social media is not uncommon.

If Josy is the one who posted that then it would be a severe lack of judgement on both their parts to not think that Maya's Dad would be watching their social media pages, but it would likely happen in order to force that confrontation with her Dad. Odd example, but it reminds me of Cool Runnings where Junior doesn't want his Dad finding out he's joined the bobsleigh team but then a picture ends up in the newspaper and that's how his Dad finds out. It's not the same as him sending out that picture, but it's a similar contrivance in order to force a confrontation between the 2 characters.

This could just be a careless moment if Josy is the one who sends it, but I don't think it undermines Maya's character. There are ways her Dad could have stopped them communicating, like taking away her phone, laptop, tablet, whatever she could use to communicate with Josy, maybe even monitoring her phone to see who's calling her, not letting her leave the house by herself, etc.

To be honest though, this is probably one of those things in fictional stories that we're just supposed to take at face value and accept that he somehow kept them apart even if the methods might be hard to discern and even harder to make sense of.

Did Maya, Josy, or Derek ever say why maya’s dad can’t find out she’s living with josy or seeing her?
Not explicitly, but it's heavily implied that he's a bigot who disapproves of her relationship with Josy. He's also holding her tuition hostage on the (likely) condition that she renounce her relationship with Josy, although that is not confirmed but again, implied.

You know how many girls are bi in this game?
By my count, about 8-10.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

how Maya's father thwarted her relationship is by no means clear. I wouldn't say it prevented her from communicating with Josy, which on the other hand, in the internet age, would have been virtually impossible

I don't remember the exact words, but the night they find themselves in the dormitory, after MC leaves, Josy complains about how the last few times Maya had been talking to each other she was particularly hard on her.

so I think Maya's father just pressured her, and Maya, being a very easily manipulated person, gave in.

on the danger instead of the father discovering that Maya and Josy live together I think it is a false problem, in general they are easily obtainable information, or it would be enough that he went to visit his daughter in the morning, as Quinn did.

most likely it will be assumed that the father is not on a rooster, or that Maya has at least managed to keep his account hidden from him

Jul 20, 2020
I don't remember the exact words, but the night they find themselves in the dormitory, after MC leaves, Josy complains about how the last few times Maya had been talking to each other she was particularly hard on her.

so I think Maya's father just pressured her, and Maya, being a very easily manipulated person, gave in.
This could be true, but I don't think this is the case as thre messages sent were while maya was already away from the father and in school. There could've been some animosity after the split. Which is either still there buried, or just forgotten.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
She could quite easily block him or set her profile to private etc (if we assume rooster works like any other known real social app.
A) If she blocked him then that would be provocational, and B) in order to block him she'd have to know what his account is but he could just be using some random name. Also, C) he doesn't have to have an account as you can view Twitter posts on a browser without needing one.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This could be true, but I don't think this is the case as thre messages sent were while maya was already away from the father and in school. There could've been some animosity after the split. Which is either still there buried, or just forgotten.
so it makes even less sense to me.

Maya once admitted to college is already focused on getting the free tuition, evidently she does not consider the relationship with Josy lost, perhaps shaky, but certainly not lost, otherwise she would have no reason to give up her father's money

so what's the point of insulting Josy, or be mean with her, when she was finally free to say what she wanted?

and then I repeat: today, with the internet, the data line and everything, it is IMPOSSIBLE to prevent two people from communicating, Maya could have sent an email or a message from school, from Derek's cell phone, maybe even from the refrigerator ...

Jul 20, 2020
so it makes even less sense to me.

Maya once admitted to college is already focused on getting the free tuition, evidently she does not consider the relationship with Josy lost, perhaps shaky, but certainly not lost, otherwise she would have no reason to give up her father's money

so what's the point of insulting Josy, or be mean with her, when she was finally free to say what she wanted?

and then I repeat: today, with the internet, the data line and everything, it is IMPOSSIBLE to prevent two people from communicating, Maya could have sent an email or a message from school, from Derek's cell phone, maybe even from the refrigerator ...
I think it's either a forgotten story item or discarded for story sake, or it's something that could pop back up later down the line?

Remember, Josy was about to give it all up, move away and start over, maya also seemed that she submitted to losing josy as well. The relationship only continues because of josy showing up in that scene.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think it's either a forgotten story item or discarded for story sake, or it's something that could pop back up later down the line?

Remember, Josy was about to give it all up, move away and start over, maya also seemed that she submitted to losing josy as well. The relationship only continues because of josy showing up in that scene.
Josy is about to drop everything because she fears she won't be admitted to college, and indeed that would have been a fatal blow to their relationship.
However, Josy always considers herself "busy", so she doesn't consider the relationship closed either

Maya not knowing she is coming, may think Josy is tired of her.

however basically they are plot needs, they don't have a great sense

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes