N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

I've been playtesting and polishing the game and the PCs are rendering animations.

16 animations remain in the render queue.

The speed right now is ~8 animations per week. A few demanding animations are left in the queue and some easy ones as well.

Based on this, it looks like beta testing will start in late October/early November.

Beta testing is allotted 2 weeks, but if great results are achieved earlier than that, the release date will be earlier too.

November is going to be the month of release, but at what date I can't say accurately yet.

Next Friday, I will post a preliminary changelog for Episode 6.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah. I love Jill. She is awesome, but after going through Sage's path a couple of times I would pick her. Redheads are also my thing. Specially ones that have freckles covering their whole body. Insta boner even at my age. And her story actually paints her as a very good person. She even risks bringing MC into the house because he needs help. Hard to decide between her and Jill and Bella, but I'd probably go with her as my main save. I still don't really like how we were pushed to date Jill. I wish it was more natural than MC doing it just to piss on Tybalt's parade. Even if we can choose "I did it for Jill" it still feels like MC only asks her on a date because the whole prep fruitcake is there. Not cool.
I have said this before, Jill got the short end of the stick when compared to the other love interests. Hell even Quinn (antagonist, maybe future LI?) and Jade (the cheating wife) got more and better development than her so far.

Also agree about Sage. Her route turning up to be the focus of my first playthrough. Plus Jade. :love:

I've been playtesting and polishing the game and the PCs are rendering animations.

The speed right now is ~8 animations per week. A few demanding animations are left in the queue and some easy ones as well.

Based on this, it looks like beta testing will start in late October/early November.

Beta testing is allotted 2 weeks, but if great results are achieved earlier than that, the release date will be earlier too.

November is going to be the month of release, but at what date I can't say accurately yet.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Seems like a middle of november release is pretty much written in stone.

Mar 18, 2019

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Mid November

Reactions: Mr. Mayhem

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
This is really good news. Will also distract us Americans from inevitable chaos on and after Election Day.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Looks like I'm going to have to choose between playing Ep 6 or the PS5. :oops:

Dammit, why must life be so hard?! :cry:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

This week I've been coding and polishing the episode while the PCs render animations and static renders.

Approximately 50 static renders and 25 animations remain in the render queue.

Some of the animations are more demanding to render than others, meaning that the number of frames per animation and render speed per frame vary.

It's too early to try and predict the remaining time accurately, I have a few demanding animations left in the queue and also some faster ones to render.

I estimate that we're waiting for something like 2000-3000 animation frames to render in total.

I have plenty of things to do while waiting. This week I've been putting together the remaining free roam events and they are now playable.

The next week will be spent on playtesting the episode thoroughly, making sure everything I want in the episode is there and that the content is polished.

I have a bit of content left to produce for the phone and the free roam events, but not a lot.

The final few percent of every update, or any project really, are the ones that take the longest time. But rest assured that every day we're one day closer to the release of "Episode 6 - Damage control".

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
More or less as expected. DPC completed 9 animations and - presumably - the 50 remaining static renders. Technically, DPC's average speed since September is only about 7.1 animations per week, but it's possible he can up the numbers slightly if he re-purposes the machines which are no longer processing static renders.

So all in all it looks like he'll finish the queue around 10/30, and can then begin beta testing. I know he says he might accelerate testing if it goes smoothly, but I think he'll be hard pressed to get the queue done fast enough to shave a whole week off the process. That means November 13 is still the best bet for a release date. The 6th is still just barely in play, but hinges on most of the animations being short and his rate increasing.

We're getting there. Just need to stay sane for four more weeks. And not die of pandemic. And survive the elections. And don't break the internet when we can finally download this.
It's going to be tough.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
So "Go Nut November"? I like that. :LOL:
I never thought to name it but that's good, with your permission I'm going to use that from now on.

I suppose there should be rules in place:

1 - Participants in Go Nut November (hereafter referred to as GNN) must agree to nut at least once per day between Nov 1st and Nov 30th.

2 - Nah, that's it :LOL:

Last edited:

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
I never thought to name it but that's good, with your permission I'm going to use that from now on.

I suppose there should be rules in place:

1 - Participants in Go Nut November (hereafter referred to as GNN) must agree to nut at least once per day between Nov 1st and Nov 30th every year.

2 - Nah, that's it :LOL:
Only if I can get a render of Jill and Sage in the shower (at the tennis club) fingering each other while Josy and Maya are tied in the next stall and used by Quinn.
On second thought.. Never mind. I'll just do it anyway.

Reactions: lemonfreak
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes