Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It doesn't have to be game changing just significant enough in an emotional way for either her, the player or both. A lackluster reveal would not only be disappointing, it would undermine the interest/curious players might have in it as a result of the build up.
The interest/curiosity has been completely drummed up by the players. DPC showed a locked door and everybody's minds (at least here) went wild with theories about miscarriages, a KIA soldier husband, Bella being another Leah, sex dungeons, etc.

DPC hasn't really done anything to make this locked door seem like it's as big a deal as people here make it out to be, so if it turns out be nothing much, then they haven't undermined anything.

now would it be the fault of the players?

DPC deliberately created this mystery, making everything about Bella a series of "unspoken" facts. so it must be VERY SIGNIFICANT at least in making us understand the relationship and the problems between Bella and her husband, otherwise it will have been a waste of time.

I don't understand what you mean by game-chancing .. any truth about Bella's marriage can only be considered as such
This is what you call a "red herring". The TV series "24" did it all the time, in every season, where the first major villain/crisis was never the main one. You knew to expect it but it didn't diminish or negatively impact that show in any way so I don't see this being such a bad thing if it turns out to be nothing major.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This is what you call a "red herring". The TV series "24" did it all the time, in every season, where the first major villain/crisis was never the main one. You knew to expect it but it didn't dimish or negatively impact that show in any way so I don't being such bad thing if it turns out to be nothing major.
everyone chooses the red herring he prefers ...:D

There are only two clues to Bella's story: the locked room and the nocturnal dialogue with Jill

it doesn't seem like so many clues to me that one of the 2 could be completely meaningless

KKhalduras

Jul 8, 2017
I disagree that it is the best. It is One of the better ones though. Probably is the best college trope one. Writing could be better. Renders are great. It is popular.
as good or better ones:
Heavy Five, City of Broken Dreamers, Timestamps 1&2, Deliverance, Life Happened, Become a Rockstar, Leap of Faith, Sisterly Lust. Those are off the top of my head. Try them out. You can stop hyperventilating about this update a lot easier.
Didnt facepalm you but its just different opinions. City of Broken Dreams for example, I definitely would say that its probably one of the best written stories on here but it still isnt as fun as Being a Dik for me. Again, better written, animated and more creative maybe but the joy i for one have with Being a Dik is just way above it for now.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
The interest/curiosity has been completely drummed up by the players. DPC showed a locked door and everybody's minds (at least here) went wild with theories about miscarriages, a KIA soldier husband, Bella being another Leah, sex dungeons, etc.

DPC hasn't really done anything to make this locked door seem like it's as big a deal as people here make it out to be, so if it turns out be nothing much, then they haven't undermined anything.
I'm not talking about the dumb theories/shit posts that are always posted here, I mean the fact that DPC has had MC personally check out the door multiple times only to always have it locked, showing Bella to get akward when near it, showed her in the room but the camera angle from within facing her so that players only see her but not what's inside, and even going as far as to asking Jill about it. If it isn't somewhat significant why bother giving it this kind of attention?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
everyone chooses the red herring he prefers ...:D

There are only two clues to Bella's story: the locked room and the nocturnal dialogue with Jill

it doesn't seem like so many clues to me that one of the 2 could be completely meaningless
I'm not saying that it's meaningless, just that it might have less meaning than people are prescribing to it.

People (mostly here) have seen this locked room and assumed it might mean something dark and possibly sinister for Bella's story, but DPC hasn't hinted at that at all. They've given it a mystique, yes, but if it turned out be something as simple as a room full of James's things, then it still has meaning for Bella and her story, and any disappointment people would feel at it being that simple would be because of what they built up in their head and not because of anything DPC to suggest it was more than that.

I'm not talking about the dumb theories/shit posts that are always posted here, I mean the fact that DPC has had MC personally check out the door multiple times only to always have it locked, showing Bella to get akward when near it, showed her in the room but the camera angle from within facing her so that players only see her but not what's inside, and even going as far as to asking Jill about it. If it isn't somewhat significant why bother giving it this kind of attention?
And it would have significance if it was just a room full of James's stuff because that's significant to Bella and her story. So it's not that it would have no significance at all, but that it wouldn't have quite the significance some people might think it might have.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm not saying that it's meaningless, just that it might have less meaning than people are prescribing to it.

People (mostly here) have seen this locked room and assumed it might mean something dark and possibly sinister for Bella's story, but DPC hasn't hinted at that at all. They've given it a mystique, yes, but if it turned out be something as simple as a room full of James's things, then it still has meaning for Bella and her story, and any disappointment people would feel at it being that simple would be because of what they built up in their head and not because of anything DPC to suggest it was more than that.

And it would have significance if it was just a room full of James's stuff because that's significant to Bella and her story. So it's not that it would have no significance at all, but that it wouldn't have quite the significance some people might think it might have.
but it must be meaningful for the story, for us players, not just for Bella.

a room full of her husband's belongings reveals nothing to us. we all expect the husband to have clothes, hobbies etc.

it has to add something to the story, not fill the playtime

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Because for some reason the MC is a total nosy bastard with no respect for other people's privacy lol. Like seriously..in the real world...none of his godamn business what's in that room is it? He walks around like he owns the fucking place. This part of the storyline really annoys me actually.

KKhalduras

Jul 8, 2017

This is what you call a "red herring". The TV series "24" did it all the time, in every season, where the first major villain/crisis was never the main one. You knew to expect it but it didn't diminish or negatively impact that show in any way so I don't see this being such a bad thing if it turns out to be nothing major.

i dont know dude. By having jill suddenly stop shortly before going to the kitchen just to turn and slowly try and look into the locked roomwhile having a sad/worried face can be considered as DPC teasing the mystery and obviously emphasizing it but i do agree that people are possibly setting themselves up for dissapointment

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
but it must be meaningful for the story, for us players, not just for Bella.

a room full of her husband's belongings reveals nothing to us. we all expect the husband to have clothes, hobbies etc.

it has to add something to the story, not fill the playtime
But it is meaningful for the players if you're invested in Bella and it does mean something to Bella's story. If she is essentially hoarding all of her husband's stuff, then it begs the question, why? What happened between them? Where is he now? Why does she still have his stuff? Why hasn't he ever taken it? Does this mean she hopes to reconcile, and if so, why? Why does she keep holding on to the relationship when it seems over? Is it truly over? Could he ever return some day?

I opens up a myriad of questions, the answers to which can really help to develop Bella's character, far more than if what's in the room was something overly-dramatic.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But it is meaningful for the players if you're invested in Bella and it does mean something to Bella's story. If she is essentially hoarding all of her husband's stuff, then it begs the question, why? What happened between them? Where is he now? Why does she still have his stuff? Why hasn't he ever taken it? Does this mean she hopes to reconcile, and if so, why? Why does she keep holding on to the relationship when it seems over? Is it truly over? Could he ever return some day?

I opens up a myriad of questions, the answers to which can really help to develop Bella's character, far more than if what's in the room was something overly-dramatic.
because they are still married
because Bella says she forgave him and hopes to be forgiven.

a room full of her husband's stuff doesn't answer any new questions

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Because for some reason the MC is a total nosy bastard with no respect for other people's privacy lol. Like seriously..in the real world...none of his godamn business what's in that room is it? He walks around like he owns the fucking place. This part of the storyline really annoys me actually.
in a friend's house have you never looked for the bathroom behind the wrong door?

hoping you noticed in time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
in a friend's house have you never looked for the bathroom behind the wrong door?

hoping you noticed in time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
No..because always asked them where it is (first time visiting)..also..if I mistakenly tried to open a locked door....I then don't spend the entirety of my time there wondering WTF is behind it and getting others involved. None of my bloody business.

Like seriously..if this is the future of people in general..or the younger generation...I'm glad I never have visitors and have very few friends.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No..because always asked them where it is (first time visiting)..also..if I mistakenly tried to open a locked door....I then don't spend the entirety of my time there wondering WTF is behind it and getting others involved. None of my bloody business.

Like seriously..if this is the future of people in general..or the younger generation...I'm glad I never have visitors and have very few friends.
if your friend/guest reacted as if you were going to find the stuffed mother you would ask yourself any questions ..:eek:

I would be happy to be able to answer you about how young people behave ...:(

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
i dont know dude. By having jill suddenly stop shortly before going to the kitchen just to turn and slowly try and look into the locked roomwhile having a sad/worried face can be considered as DPC teasing the mystery and obviously emphasizing it but i do agree that people are possibly setting themselves up for dissapointment
Here's an angle; if it is a room full of James's things, Jill may, as her friend, have tried to encourage Bella to get rid of them because holding on to them wasn't healthy for her after the marriage broke up, and Bella told her she did but she actually just put them in that room. This would explain why Jill looks that way because she suspects that this is what's in the room and she knows that's not good for Bella.

because they are still married
because Bella says she forgave him and hopes to be forgiven.

a room full of her husband's stuff doesn't answer any new questions
But it can reveal something of her character. If her marriage is all but over, then why is she keeping it? Doing so would be something that seems quite worrying for her state of mind that she can't let go of him.

Or what if Bella isn't married? What if she's actually divorced but can't let go and pretends to still be married, or at least that she can get James back? This would be why she keeps his stuff because not only can she not let go of him, but she's hope he'll come back to her.

None of this means that she'll go all psycho-Leah on anyone, and I don't think we'll see anything like that in this game, but it would give her character more depth if she were this mentally scarred from her marriage falling apart.

picasso00

Jul 16, 2019
I am very worried that in the game all the turning points in college history begin 3 years ago. Bella's husband left home, Jade's husband came from a party and fucked her by calling her Katie. (Swiger party?) Maybe there is a parallel to what happened somewhere.

• Angry
Reactions: Tserriednich'sNen

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Betting that just after the MC gets to have Bella fully, James comes through the door.
what would be even better is he comes through the door and attempts to slap Bella and our long schlong MC gets to beat him up while naked. This cucking James in the process

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But it can reveal something of her character. If her marriage is all but over, then why is she keeping it? Doing so would be something that seems quite worrying for her state of mind that she can't let go of him.

Or what if Bella isn't married? What if she's actually divorced but can't let go and pretends to still be married, or at least that she can get James back? This would be why she keeps his stuff because not only can she not let go of him, but she's hope he'll come back to her.

None of this means that she'll go all psycho-Leah on anyone, and I don't think we'll see anything like that in this game, but it would give her character more depth if she were this mentally scarred from her marriage falling apart.
but I don't think about Leah either.

what you say would be important, but they are feelings that Bella must confess, we cannot guess those watching in the room, at most the room can act as a trigger for Bella's confession.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
In 24 the main villain always end up being someone in CTU or in the presidency, maybe the prez himself! TBH, they never were really all that original in that regard and some twist still blow my mind on how stupid they were so many years later.

zenaxius

Oct 13, 2019
but I don't think about Leah either.

what you say would be important, but they are feelings that Bella must confess, we cannot guess those watching in the room, at most the room can act as a trigger for Bella's confession.
Can you send me a PM explaining this whole Leah business? I have no intention of playing the other game (time restrictions) and I'd be grateful for an answer. Spoil away!

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes