moxyy

Nov 21, 2019
to me it remains ridiculous.

what memories are you talking about? his clothes will be in wardrobes like any normal person's, his photos are lying around the house, what needs to be locked in a room to be protected?
the famous boots that don't even deserve a place in a shoe cabinet?

even if it were her husband's stuff, it must still be something special: weapons, valuable collection ...
Memories of something they loved and did together, doesn't have to be clothes. Could be some valuable collection, book collection and all that stuff i don't know, and it's not like the place is locked with a safe code maybe it's just that Bella doesn't really trust the MC yet? just because they've been intimate ( lust ) doesn't mean she'll tell him everything about her.

That's to be expected when we have this issue for many, many updates.
Yes that's on DPC for not moving the story forward.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Memories of something they loved and did together, doesn't have to be clothes. Could be some valuable collection, book collection and all that stuff i don't know, and it's not like the place is locked with a safe code maybe it's just that Bella doesn't really trust the MC yet? just because they've been intimate ( lust ) doesn't mean she'll tell him everything about her.
however, it must be something very special and personal.

if they were books (or something like that) there was no need to rush the door shut, Bella would tell MC not to enter that room and that was it, she wouldn't have to give any explanation. her gesture creates far more questions than a room full of books

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's quite obvious it's her Sex Dungeon. She will bring the MC down there to Fifty Shades Of Grey him.
it was my funny theory, the dramatic one was about the room of the child who was never born or died prematurely.

but let me discard it, I think Jill would know in case

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Bella still cares about her husband and is holding on his memories by keeping some of his stuff and whatnot, i know some people do this so i don't think it's as ridiculous as it may seem.

I'd love it to be a DPC joke because another Leah would ruin the game for me.
It could certainly go in one of 2 ways; either it was deliberately set up to seem dark and foreboding but it will be totally benign and a clear signal that this game is not going to go the same way as AL, or it will still be benign but in order to lure people into a false sense of security so that a dark twist later involving a different character hits you harder because you didn't see it coming.

Reactions: ename144

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You can only drag mysteries for so long until people became annoyed, and this one is getting too long already. I think we will have confirmation soon.
the reverse also works though, indeed it tends to work more: as long as there is mystery, interest remains.

the best solution would be to carry all the stories forward with the same speed, but for now it has not been so, and I have no reason to think things change particularly.

the hypothetical happy ending with Bella is the one that has to overcome more objective obstacles, this makes me think it will be the story that will take longer to define itself. then it may be that the mystery of the husband is solved relatively shortly (from the previews I would not say in the next chapter, therefore at the shortest in 5-6 months), but it will be long.

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Rudy286

Dec 16, 2019
I have the walkthrough mod installed and I do have the mod error fix too but what will happen once I update the game from 0.5 to 0.6?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Regarding Bella's mysterious locked door all I'll say is that if doesn't turn out to be something really serious or impactful then that entire plot point will fall completely flat on it's face given the build up and attention it's been getting.
But what does "serious or impactful" mean, exactly? It can mean different things to different people, and for me it would be enough if it did turn out to be a room full of her husband's things that she's keeping in the hopes he'll one day return. This would be "impactful" from an emotional standpoint as it would reveal her character to be someone who's holding on to the past too much rather than moving on in order to live in the present and embrace a new future. This would give her character some much needed depth and be more than enough for a story like this without having to take Bella in too dark a direction.

Also, just because it's perceived that this has been given a lot of attention doesn't mean that it has to be particularly game-changing. It could just have been DPC deliberately sowing seeds of suspicion of a dark twist in order to have bit of fun with people who think this game is going to be dark like AL, but it isn't, and so this could turn out to be something very simple and not at all dark.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
the reverse also works though, indeed it tends to work more: as long as there is mystery, interest remains.

the best solution would be to carry all the stories forward with the same speed, but for now it has not been so, and I have no reason to think things change particularly.

the hypothetical happy ending with Bella is the one that has to overcome more objective obstacles, this makes me think it will be the story that will take longer to define itself. then it may be that the mystery of the husband is solved relatively shortly (from the previews I would not say in the next chapter, therefore at the shortest in 5-6 months), but it will be long.
Yeah, I agree. But at some point you have to solve some things and open others. Shift the mystery a bit, so it doesn't get old. The boots are kind of that, but you have to show the room at some point, even if we don't get to what happened to the husband yet.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But what does "serious or impactful" mean, exactly? It can mean different things to different people, and for me it would be enough if it did turn out to be a room full of her husband's things that she's keeping in the hopes he'll one day return. This would be "impactful" from an emotional standpoint as it would reveal her character to be someone who's holding on to the past too much rather than moving on in order to live in the present and embrace a new future. This would give her character some much needed depth and be more than enough for a story like this without having to take Bella in too dark a direction.

Also, just because it's perceived that this has been given a lot of attention doesn't mean that it has to be particularly game-changing. It could just have been DPC deliberately sowing seeds of suspicion of a dark twist in order to have bit of fun with people who think this game is going to be dark like AL, but it isn't, and so this could turn out to be something very simple and not at all dark.
I agree with you that I would like the "mystery" to have a plausible solution, but not that it proves to be a waste of time.

to be emotionally meaningful for us players it would mean that we should become so involved in Bella's bond with her husband to feel it too. it seems very difficult to me. 80% of the players do not care about either Bella or her husband, the remaining 20% only care about Bella, and the husband is just an obstacle.

it is as if in the letter from MC's mother there was written "only" how much his mother loved him, sentimentally important but for the plot it would be an absolute disappointment

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

It doesn't have to be game changing just significant enough in an emotional way for either her, the player or both. A lackluster reveal would not only be disappointing, it would undermine the interest/curious players might have in it as a result of the build up.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Just because this has been given a lot of attention doesn't mean this has to be something really serious or game-changing. People are giving this attention because there is nothing going on with Bella regarding her story, it's been the same since the beginning and now people are overthinking this.
now would it be the fault of the players?

DPC deliberately created this mystery, making everything about Bella a series of "unspoken" facts. so it must be VERY SIGNIFICANT at least in making us understand the relationship and the problems between Bella and her husband, otherwise it will have been a waste of time.

I don't understand what you mean by game-chancing .. any truth about Bella's marriage can only be considered as such

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes