Mistrophera

Apr 26, 2020
the other LIs are in the same video game, and they don't have Jill's problem, or at least it happens less often, even in the avatars on Discord I notice this.

probably it depends on the "technical" fact that Jill's character was added later and is the one that remained most similar to the original model, but this is my guess
Yeah yeah yeah go talk to DPC on Discord so that he can fix these "problems" to make her better so that you can stop criticizing her once and for all, you know I truly wish that too for the good of the character. We will see if they will bring improvement in the future but I very much doubt it's going to go downhill.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Deoku and moskyx

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Hate's a strong word. They're just not as popular as the other main girls.
I'd be curious to know what the exact reason for that is. I've seen people in this thread genuinely hate on them for a number of reasons, but the general consensus here these days seems to be that it stems from how poorly that situation was handled in Ep 4 and that had it been done better then maybe they wouldn't be so unpopular.

So I wonder if it's the same thing with the Patrons or if they're more aligned with the more vicious opinions that are often seen in this thread. :unsure:

BabyYoda

Too cute I am
Mar 20, 2018
I know someone have asked that already but i'm too lazy to read all pages. Do we have a release date? Thanks.

Mistrophera

Apr 26, 2020
Hate's a strong word. They're just not as popular as the other main girls.
I suspect Maya might be one of his favourites characters but just hated by many people, and Josy hum a character that reminds DPC of one of his ex lol ? DPC doesn't like to make her their avatar for now and it's easily noticeable.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I'd be curious to know what the exact reason for that is. I've seen people in this thread genuinely hate on them for a number of reasons, but the general consensus here these days seems to be that it stems from how poorly that situation was handled in Ep 4 and that had it been done better then maybe they wouldn't be so unpopular.

So I wonder if it's the same thing with the Patrons or if they're more aligned with the more vicious opinions that are often seen in this thread. :unsure:
If I had to guess, I'd say it's the way their routes were handled as well as the forced entaglement in their relationship that put his Patrons off.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If I had to guess, I'd say it's the way their routes were handled as well as the forced entaglement in their relationship that put his Patrons off.
I also think it's a bit of the "Meghan" syndrome, that annoyance for an LI that is assigned to you and you can't get rid of it even in the face of predictable difficulties.

for this reason I think that now this feeling of annoyance should fade a lot, from the fifth chapter onwards those who do not want will probably only do the scavenger hunt

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Nah, what is killing her off are her fans, they always find something to cry about. If I remember correctly someone made a spreadsheet with the calculations M&J have more screetime than anyone, the entire season one was about them and yet they complain.
Wanna bet that there will be complaining after ep6 release about special render since it's quinn's turn? :cautious:
I love the character but fans are a bit of snowflakes
As Quinn is not a love interest, but an antagonist, I doubt she gets a "turn". She might get some righteous justice for pimping and dealing drugs though and that would be great. If the MC gets a chance to intervene to save her some grief I guess that would be another opportunity for a freebie with her. I just don't see her getting true LI status. She isn't set up that way, and their are lots of side girls, so she could be the queen of sides I guess.

Reactions: KristopheH

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Just wait until the dark turn the developer promised at the begining happens.
We will see a bunch of fragile egos crying, issuing death threats and rage quiting from this thread. I bet it will be similar to the shitstorm that happened in the Acting Lessons thread. :LOL: :FacePalm:
If DPC pulls AL bullshit with this story he will lose a lot of money and fans, and rightfully so. He will also show he has limited story telling depth and breadth. Which I believe is the case anyway. Time will tell if he is really that shortsighted.

• Angry
Reactions: dosenspezi

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
Mods messes up saves and persistent files so you have two options:
1) After the release wait for a new mod so you can use your saves
2)Delete your saves,mods,persistent files, download 0.5.0 and start all over again

wherever you decide good luck
It's MUCH easier than that. Just unzip your new version. Then go into your old version, copy (ctrl C) your Save folder and paste it into your new folder.

Boom. Done.

I've been using Mods for my last several run throughs and have made a clean non-mod for the release and have had no problems.

SenkuIshigami

Jun 12, 2019
the other LIs are in the same video game, and they don't have Jill's problem, or at least it happens less often, even in the avatars on Discord I notice this.

probably it depends on the "technical" fact that Jill's character was added later and is the one that remained most similar to the original model, but this is my guess
Actually the other LIs do suffer the same issue, some more frequently than others, but it just narrows down to minor inconsistencies from DPC.
Like Maya looking like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Or Bella sometimes looking crosseyed, Sage's ass being tweaked etc.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
If someone used the mod to unlock the scenes and render galleries it messes wth the persistent file, but for those who unlocked them without the mod then the persistent file should be fine even if they used the mod to occasionally change some variables on another playthrough.
True. Besides...I plan to start from Scratch when it comes out anyway. It's only going to be a few hours of playtime so I want the full experience. I don't want to finish in a single afternoon then wait for another 6 months!

I also if Doc made any technical "gameplay" changes, I'll want to experience those from the beginning as well.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020

I think it's because of Doc writing skill, Bacchus. Because he did such a great job at making the Player empathize with the MC, WE experienced all of the emotions he felt. Including heartbreak. I felt the same hurt he felt and remember thinking "DrPinkCake is a genius...how did he do that?" Just amazing.

I loved both of them (and I was struggling with the idea that Maya may well be my favorite next to Jill bumping out Sage). Then Josey walked in the dorm-room and I felt the same as the MC. Interestingly enough, I still don't like Maya and Josey anymore. Hats of to Doc for his clever writing.

Reactions: uberbomb

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
True. Besides...I plan to start from Scratch when it comes out anyway. It's only going to be a few hours of playtime so I want the full experience. I don't want to finish in a single afternoon then wait for another 6 months!

I also if Doc made any technical "gameplay" changes, I'll want to experience those from the beginning as well.
I'm also planning to run through it again, but at skipping speed to redo my saves with this slightly changed code, then it will be on to Ep 6.

I don't mind completing the new update on the first day because I'll still have to go back to try and find the special renders and unlock the other scenes from different paths, so there's still plenty to do.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I think it's because of Doc writing skill, Bacchus. Because he did such a great job at making the Player empathize with the MC, WE experienced all of the emotions he felt. Including heartbreak. I felt the same hurt he felt and remember thinking "DrPinkCake is a genius...how did he do that?" Just amazing.

I loved both of them (and I was struggling with the idea that Maya may well be my favorite next to Jill bumping out Sage). Then Josey walked in the dorm-room and I felt the same as the MC. Interestingly enough, I still don't like Maya and Josey anymore. Hats of to Doc for his clever writing.
I think I might be one of the few who, despite still deeply disliking the way it went in Ep 4, am all in on M&J. I like the other LIs too and almost all the side girls, but I'm totally smitten with M&J and was struggling with the prospect of having to choose one of them, but now I don't have to and being in a relationship with 2 sexy girls like them is what I'd call "life goals". :giggle:

Boy Blue

Sep 12, 2020
As Quinn is not a love interest, but an antagonist, I doubt she gets a "turn". She might get some righteous justice for pimping and dealing drugs though and that would be great. If the MC gets a chance to intervene to save her some grief I guess that would be another opportunity for a freebie with her. I just don't see her getting true LI status. She isn't set up that way, and their are lots of side girls, so she could be the queen of sides I guess.
Quinn turn into a LI has nothing to do with what i said, but OK, whatever floats your boat. Maybe my english is worse than I thought :KEK:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Quinn turn into a LI has nothing to do with what i said, but OK, whatever floats your boat. Maybe my english is worse than I thought :KEK:
You said it was Quinn's turn. There is no Quinn's turn. She is a constant through the chapters/episodes as the main criminal antagonist. So in effect, every single step of the way she has had a part to play. This should be no different unless it is somehow the crumbling of her financial and criminal empire and involves the HOTs as a whole as they crash down. Even then, she still plays her part as a villain of sorts.

• Angry
Reactions: mamameolhando
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes