tro911

Sep 2, 2019
On Episode 7, I am stuck trying to assign people for the second task and can not progress. What am I missing to move the game forward

aarbei23

Jan 14, 2018
I also noticing the thing with swiper and the girl on it, it gets denied no matter what you pick and says deleted user. Is it a bug or something to be explored in the future.
I thought the 'deleted user' refers to Cathy.

On Episode 7, I am stuck trying to assign people for the second task and can not progress. What am I missing to move the game forward
Try to scroll down in the right menu to select Nick?

aarbei23

Jan 14, 2018
Could be, but I am talking about that blonde. Clicking swiping up gives a broken heart thingy as if you swiped down.
That's the cat-fishing whale (i.e. the ugly chick that uses her friends' pictures). My guess is you can't talk to her if you already made fun of her the last time.

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017
That's the cat-fishing whale (i.e. the ugly chick that uses her friends' pictures). My guess is you can't talk to her if you already made fun of her the last time.
Oh you mean that one from earlier episodes with the fat chick behind her friend but this time only her friend because people smelled something fishy with the other one?

And when can I make that decision? The day after my birthday I can call sage and ask for help, but Jill doesn't congratulate me or contact me in any way...
If you have enough points with her and are on her path she will show up and you have to make a choice.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I really wanted that chunky monkey for my trophy case. Just slap the fat and ride the wave in.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
So, I've been thinking a lot about the ending of this episode and how it would seem to set us up for a major confrontation with Maya's Dad in the next episode, and whilst that is very likely, I feel like it could go in one of several different ways.
  1. The MC is waylayed by somebody and isn't with M&J when they enter the room.
    • This would certainly fit DPC's overly dramatic moments because those 2 walking in together would obviously be very bad for Maya and could cause some serious repurcussions, like her Dad forcing her to leave the college and go home with him to get her away from Josy.
  2. Maya goes ahead of the MC and Josy and enters the room first.
    • If Maya enters first and calls out, "Dad!", it would allow for Josy to be able to hold back from entering and either the MC stays with her and there could perhaps be a choice to stay outside or enter the room, and this might be followed by a choice to either confront her Dad or pretend to be her boyfriend.
  3. All 3 enter the room at the same time.
    • Similar to the previous one only this time the Dad will see Josy and start to become enraged, again leading to a possible choice to either confront the Dad or pretend to be Maya's boyfriend.
  4. Maya's Dad isn't in the room when they return.
    • This is another thing I think could be possible because of what it could mean for later and how it would fit DPC's penchant for shocking drama. We know he has a key and can get in any time he wants, but they don't, so if he's not in the room and ended up leaving because he couldn't find her, it means he could come back at an even more inconvenient time, say, when Josy and Maya are in bed together. This could cause her Dad to fly completely off the handle and maybe even drag Maya out and take her home to get her away from Josy.
Right now I really can't say which one I feel is more likely, but 2 & 3 are the kind of thing you might see in a rom-com type movie and I feel like this game largely doesn't have that tone anymore, so 1 & 4 are possibly more likely as they're much more dramatic and more emotionally impactful, which seems to be DPC's bread and butter.

What do you guys think?
I doubt it will be 1. It's very unlikely anything so important would come up on the walk back to their dorm, but more importantly it wouldn't really change anything; Maya is either going to have a confrontation with her father now, or not. If the MC isn't there for it he will just have to be filled in later, so I see no point to diverting him.

So the real question is if there will be a confrontation or not. I think that will depend on how close we are to the end game. If Maya is caught with Josy, her dad would pretty much have to take drastic action, something like dragging Maya out of college. I could see that happening; Episode 6 put a lot of focus on Maya, so if she was missing for most of Episode 7 the difference would be stark. It would also give Josy a chance to stand on her own for a bit. That could be useful for an eventual solo route, or just to develop her further than just being Maya's girlfriend. I can see some advantages to this approach (from a narrative perspective; don't hurt Maya!).

Still, that can only last so long. I doubt Maya'd be sidelined for more than an Episode, and I'm not sure there would be too many obstacles left to stand in the way of romancing her after that. So this seems like it could only happen if we're closer to then end than we thought.

It's also possible her father would instead carry through on his threat and terminate her loans (however that is supposed to work). That could put us in a position of having to scramble to find some way to help Maya, possibly using the $5000 as a partial payment. This seems like a more workable crisis for the mid-game. The MC can buy time to keep Maya in the picture (or not), but the final resolution is still a ways off. The question then is what happens for those who don't help Maya. Perhaps she drops out like above? Or just abandons Josy (much like Jill abandoned the MC)?

Alternatively, Maya won't have a confrontation with her dad just yet. Instead we'll get a taste of what's to come: a near miss, or Josy manages to hide in time so we get more threats and the uneasy sense the other shoe is waiting to drop. This is the most mid-game friendly, option, but it's a bit of an anticlimax. Yes, there are a bunch of other dramatic reveals for Episode 7 to deal with (Mona, Burke, Cathy, and all the older ones still awaiting resolution), but it will leave us more or less the same place we've always been with Maya despite all the buildup.

Tough call, but I guess I would go with 3, 2, then 4. I think some sort of near miss is the most likely, followed by a real crisis or heated confrontation. The dramatic irony of the characters not realizing he was there is a distant third place, IMHO.

But I reserve the right to change my mind once we learn anything about the new episode!

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
So Mona is getting kicked out of college because she didnt wanted to serve professor burke? or am i getting something wrong, bc the person that walked away from the college at the end with the suitcases must have been mona then...

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
And also i cant be the ONLY one who think that Nick from the Diks is really sus.... like his room is the only one untouched in the mansion. he always stays alone in the background with his mind off... like kinda regretting or feeling bad for something idk..

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
So Mona is getting kicked out of college because she didnt wanted to serve professor burke? or am i getting something wrong, bc the person that walked away from the college at the end with the suitcases must have been mona then...
Yes that's Mona, we don't know if she got kicked or not probably just decided to leave before things get worse.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
And also i cant be the ONLY one who think that Nick from the Diks is really sus.... like his room is the only one untouched in the mansion. he always stays alone in the background with his mind off... like kinda regretting or feeling bad for something idk..
Nick's best friend is Vinny, another drug dealer working with Quinn's family(?). Vinny left the DIKs under seemingly unpleasant circumstances. I'm sure it was Vinny who trashed the DIKs mansion but I'm not sure if Nick was aware. I think Vinny is also responsible for framing the DIKs in the Cathy cluck, since he probably has the original password for the DIK laptop too (although Nick may have been involved since he is suspiciously hanging out in the library when the laptop went missing). Nick's room not being trashed is definitely a sign that Vinny is responsible, and it couldn't have been Nick that trashed the DIK mansion because he was with the group the whole time they were casing the Prep's mansion.

Last edited:

DarkLup

Sep 14, 2018
Why do I dread a dilemma in the form of "How do you want to use your 5000 $ of inheritance ? By giving it to your first friend of college therefore freeing her from an ultimatum with her father and allowing her to live in a lesbian/polyamorous relationship with her girlfriend/you or giving it to a drug dealing chick who is in a shitty situation that could well be life/death"

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Burke cancelled her "scholarship" for obvious reasons, but I don't think he kicked her out. Likely, she is probably scared and just trying to remove herself from the situation based on Quinn's warning.
I said this earlier, but I think its possible Vinny is somewhat responsible for the DiK's mansion being destroyed and maybe even Cathy's cluck. Nick was being suspicious when they were looking for the laptop, his room was barely messed up, he is close friends with Vinny and keeps in touch with him. Nick couldn't have helped destroyed the mansion, but possible he assisted in setting it up or knowing about it beforehand. For the Cathy cluck, same thing, but also possible Nick could've been the one who sent the cluck.

Reactions: Jackie123

happysin08

Nov 9, 2019
Pros:
  • Awesome renders.
  • All the characters look detailed.
  • Interesting story with a bit of humor in it.
  • Plethora of angles,poses on each scene.
  • Scenes feel alive(there's background ppl).
  • Masterpiece animation-s.
  • Alot of minigames,which are also skippable for ppl that dont like them.
  • 2(maybe 3) possible routes.
  • A lot of collectables secrets.
  • Proper english.
  • A uuuuuuge amount of BG music.
Cons:
  • None!
  • Ok maybe the image puzzle minigame could be a bit easier.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes