AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
So, I´m kinda bummed out about the nicole scene. I like myself a good 3some but I´m really not into Sandy and I love Nicole. Wish she had a solo scene.
The Threesome was ok, but i had prefered a Nicole Solo scene too.
I wouldn't worry too much, if your still in her good books whether its on swyper or scenes meeting at the Pink Rose (If Tommy's job management comes good) you'll see her again and no doubt have a lot more fun!
(y)
I don't think it's the last time we'll see her, we just have to wait for the next chapters

I just hope we already have her phone number since she likes the MC

TheJoeFish

Oct 7, 2019
I'm becoming kinda convinced that MC is a Burgmeister. But I don't know... his dad probably would've recognized his old love's surname when the college acceptance letter came. Still, I think this theory fits better than most of the others I've heard.

Reactions: Darkcroxz

Darkcroxz

Oct 14, 2019
I'm becoming kinda convinced that MC is a Burgmeister. But I don't know... his dad probably would've recognized his old love's surname when the college acceptance letter came. Still, I think this theory fits better than most of the others I've heard.
I dont know if its true, but I think he has to be related to at least one character in the game aside from his dad

ratttta

Jun 8, 2018
I dont know if its true, but I think he has to be related to at least one character in the game aside from his dad
Having Rusty as a cousin would be cool. But part of me wishes that the mystery around the MC´s family remains a sub-plot, so no Burgmeister or Royce (please, no). Like said before, Neil should react to these names if they are connected to the mother.

Edit: fixed some grammar

ladc

Sep 4, 2020
Run Run Runnin by Grace Mesa: Scene with Isabella
Lovin Loud by Wolves: Scene with Nicole and Sandy
We cant slow down by Origami Pigeon: Song in MacAllens
Time to rise by Kensington Studios: Scene with Quinn
Ups and Downs by Production Music: Scene with Jill
Could it be that you are missing a song on the MacAllens Bar? I think there were two.

Edit: Found it: Funk'd Up- Reaktor Productions

Last edited:
Reactions: rj677

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
This is the best Adult Visual Novel I've ever played. Like seriously... can it get any better than this? Jill is by far the best girl btw. For this game, I'll definitely join the patreon. Almost every single character has depth to them. Not to mention, some of the best visual novel models I've seen to date. How talented can a person get? Still boggles my mind how DrPinkCake accomplished all of this by himself.

Reactions: ESKgamer

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
It’s James. Calling it now. Well called it before but calling it now too.
You may be right. James is definitely coming back at some point, so why not in ep. 7 after Bella and MC are well on their way to solidifying their relationship.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
She's teasing the MC just like she's always done and she even says that line on the DIK path too. Plus, Quinn doesn't exactly seem like the type of person to let something like that get in her way. If she likes the MC and wants the MC, then she'll go for him, regardless of who she thinks he likes or who she thinks likes him. Also, when it comes to that offer to help, it's just that; an offer to help, so her perceiving that him and Maya have a thing shouldn't really be an issue.

Furthermore, between the end of ep 4 and that point in ep 6, there doesn't seem to have been much that could make Quinn think there's nothing between them anymore, so when he offers to help on the non-M&J DIK path, she still thinks that there is, yet accepts the help anyway. So, since that's the case, then it would seem inconsistent to not accept help on the Neutral/CHICK paths if this doesn't bother her.
Regarding Quinn knowing about the MC getting back together with Maya, it has been three days at that point. The MC left the DIK party with Maya and Josy, had a picnic with them on Sunday, and got quite close with Maya in gender studies class (and we know Sarah was there). If Quinn was keeping tabs on the MC (and she totally would!), she would certainly have grounds for suspicion.

No, that's not what I want. I'm fine to have to create different saves for different LI paths and not simply rollback to see a different scene that's locked on a different path, but the problem is that some of the locking here doesn't make sense when you're often being locked out despite doing all the right things with the character(s) in question.

What I'm talking about is a system that's essentially the same one as AL. That was one where the MC's choices with regards to how they interacted with certain characters determined what scenes you got and what ending you got and it made sense. Once the MC has committed to Megan and/or Melissa, if he strays from them between then and the Leah kidnapping, then he faces the consequences for his cheating, and rightly so. There's no affinity system there, the ending and the lewd scenes are both based on what choices the player made when interacting with certain characters.

In this game, players can do everything with M&J, and even with Quinn, and seem to have a really good relationship with them, so you would think that they would be rewarded, but just because you're in one affinity or the other, you are denied that and it doesn't marry up to how that relationship has progressed and been portrayed throughout the rest of the game.

There are already variables for Quinn interactions, Nicole interactions, Camila interactions, etc, so it's not as if DPC doesn't have these kinds of checks and could have simply used these rather than the affinity system. The status system is fine because that's like a behaviour metric and is much better at representing the personality of the MC than the affinity system. Arbitrarily splitting up characters into different pre-designated paths that don't take key character interactions into account creates inconsistencies, and that is happening here more and more.
I think you're somewhat overstating how good even your MC's relationship with Quinn was. She clearly had an interest in him, but just like Maya had trouble processing her interest in the MC, Quinn is clearly not comfortable with liking the MC. Since Quinn is very different than Maya, her ambivalence feels very different, but it's still there. In retrospect, perhaps it wasn't a coincidence that the chance to fuck Quinn on the roof occurred during the break-up with Maya.

At any rate, while I agree the game would benefit from a simpler, streamlined systems, this the way DPC wants it. Characters will judge the MC based on a combination of his past actions and his Affinity. The past actions generally seem to be limited to things the judge could potentially know about. The Affinity system is much more of a handwave, because it's not always clear why a given action is supposedly so important, and a lot of those actions are not public knowledge. In DPC's mind, however, it clearly represents important aspects of the MC's personality.

Sadly, we just have to accept this as a heavy case of gameplay and story segregation. For better and for worse, it's how the game is designed. (Not that I'll stop snarking about it, mind you!)

Do you find any logic in not being able to keep things going with Cathy just because I was able to keep M&J, thus leading me to miss Jade's date? I've done everything right with her, yet I'm not even given the choice, I just tell her it's over. All while I keep banging practically all that moves with M&J's approval. We all get this is not an harem, paths will lock somewhere and choices should have an impact (and they will), but some of dev's locks along the way are fairly questionable. Especially by comparison
Oh, I see plenty of in-game logic to it: the MC spent two days miserable because of the whole Maya & Josy fallout. When he finally addresses the matter head on, he notes that he's been acting without thinking too much. So after reflection, he decides to try for something more, and the girls agree. In that light, it's easy to see why he would turn down a chance for casual sex with Cathy barely a day later.

Of course what I definitely do NOT see in this is consistency. We all know how the MC can bone pretty much anything with a vagina in the Prep Mansion a couple hours before he turns down Cathy. Likewise, he's happy to spend the night hobnobbing with Jill and Bella - even if he's not pursuing either - rather than return to the girls he just turned down Cathy for. And of course he'll be eager to ask if he can keep dating other women when the three get together to iron out their relationship the next day. I'd make a joke about how the MC thinks fidelity only applies to older women, but the MC is also perfectly happy to make out with Bella a couple days later if she helps clean his room; he'll even favor her help over his two girlfriends.

So like I said, I understand the logic, but that doesn't mean the implementation is any good. The game picks and chooses when to apply its logic for the sake of the meter.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Does anyone know if the relationship points from each episode carry over to the next or do they get some kind of soft reset? After six episodes, I must have at least a dozen or more points with each of the LIs. If that's true, it would be a very lengthy process to drop back down to a level where an LI doesn't like you even if you are actively pursuing ways to piss them off via the dialogue choices.

I know DPC can and probably will block most LIs with a direct choice or simple either/or choice at some point, so I'm just wondering how important RP really is. The longer the game goes on, perhaps the less important RP will be since we have already established our preferred bonds.

Sypher1976

Oct 24, 2020
Does anyone know if the relationship points from each episode carry over to the next or do they get some kind of soft reset? After six episodes, I must have at least a dozen or more points with each of the LIs. If that's true, it would be a very lengthy process to drop back down to a level where an LI doesn't like you even if you are actively pursuing ways to piss them off via the dialogue choices.

I know DPC can and probably will block most LIs with a direct choice or simple either/or choice at some point, so I'm just wondering how important RP really is. The longer the game goes on, perhaps the less important RP will be since we have already established our preferred bonds.
All mine carried over from ep1 up to ep6.

freitas10

Feb 2, 2020
I went to see her in the library but rejected/didn't make out in the sauna (I don't remember exactly what were the options) so it really surprised me that suddenly my character had sex with her (without letting me choose that he wasn't interested).
Did you stay with her at the end of episode 3? I THINK I kissed her at the library,but did not stayed with her nor had the sauna scene, so I'm hoping I can at least deny her help, but have not tried it yet.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Being meek is part of her characteristic because she is used to just believing what Tybalt said. When MC and Derek first broke into the mansion, she believed whatever Tybalt said happened. When she helped MC after the wedgie, she'd follow Tybalt soon after. When Tybalt showed up during the yoga in the park, she left MC and followed Tybalt again. When Tybalt called about the "fire at the mansion during the party", she believed that too. Even when she decided to confront Tybalt, she did it in a non-forceful ways. Commenting on rooster is easy because it's on text (and she even chose to just ignore Tybalt's other comments that Bella had to be the one telling him to stop bothering Jill). Asking Tybalt to not ban MC from entering the mansion because MC is her friend was done very politely too. All of those are consistent enough to show that she is meek. Note that being meek doesn't mean that she's only and always meek. As I mentioned previously, being meek is part of her character.
You seem to be confusing politeness with meekness. Jill is very polite, but she does not accept things people tell her without thought, nor does she abandon a course of action simply because she encounters difficulty.

She also isn't stupid. You list a lot of examples of her following Tybalt's lead, but in those cases she has no reason not to. After the wedgie, she was on her way to class. After yoga, Tybalt was offering to help her with a campaign she cared about. When Tybalt called about a fire in the mansion... there had been a fire in the mansion as far as any of the preps knew. Also... there was no downside to any of those actions, so I'm not sure what they would tell us about Jill's personality.

I disagree with your point here. I don't think Tybalt was playing both good cop and bad cop. I think Tybalt was clearly offering a transaction more in a "I scratch your back and you scratch mine" kind of deal.
Except that he wasn't simply offering to do something she'd like for something he'd like (the way Sage was when she asked the MC to spy on Chad). He gave her an ultimatum: stop seeing the MC or Tybalt sues. That at least is how Jill interpreted it:
Jill_if_I_dont.jpg

In response to the bold part, Jill accepted that because that's the kind of character she is. If she goes to war against Tybalt, she knew that the outcome was simply MC on the losing side when sued because Tybalt has the money, contacts, power where MC could not win. She accepted the bad deal to protect MC.
It's not a question of going to war with Tybalt, it's a question of accepting an ultimatum from him without any apparent resistance on her part. As I said above, Jill recognizes what Tybalt is asking of her. I could accept Jill taking a bad deal for the MC's sake if there was any indication she was also trying to get out from under that deal. She's studying economics; surely she knows enough about contracts to understand leverage and renegotiation.

But there's absolutely no sign of that. She will decline to call the MC during her piano practice if they are just friends, saying she's not even going to tell him. If they had a spectacular date she tries to find a way to break up with him gently... but never seems to consider making it temporary (even after the MC confronts her and says he won't go along with it). She doesn't even ask the MC about whether the allegations are true until after he forces her to discuss the subject.

This is a very interesting point that I feel like it commonly occurs here (and probably other games too) where the players feel like a character should behave in a certain way. You said that "Jill just comes across really badly here" and I'm not agreeing or disagreeing about that comment, but what I want to ask to you is "Why can't Jill come across badly?". It's like your expectation is for Jill to be a perfect character the way you want her to be. What is exactly wrong with Jill having flaws? What is wrong with Jill making bad decision?

This is a game where pretty much all of the characters are bad. The librarian? Oh yeah she's married but she'd fuck this student. The HOT leader? Oh she's pissed that her boyfriend is cheating on her so she'd have a fuck buddy too. The co-worker at the shop before college starts? Oh she said she had a boyfriend who turned out to be a girlfriend. Your bestfriend's sister? She too said she had a boyfriend who turned out to be a girlfriend. Your gender studies teacher? She's married to a husband who fucked students so she too want to fuck a student but add roleplaying as mother/son to it. Her son? He's the asshole that tried to blackmail Jill. So how about Jill? Follow the trend and you'd know that she is nowhere near perfect.
Yes, flawed characters can be a good thing, though I think a lot of the flaws you listed are overstated.

But there's a big difference between a character having flaws and a character having flaws that seem inconsistent with that character's prior behavior. We seem to disagree on just how Jill was presented before, but I never saw her as someone inclined to take the path of least resistance. So I find it jarring that she insists upon doing so now, when the stakes are significantly higher and the options available to her are numerous (if not necessarily easy).

What I found interesting about Jill was that she WASN'T the meek princess stereotype. She had actual experience with the world and with people. She was willing to correct her peers when they stepped out of line rather than just assume she must have been at fault. She recognized Tybalt's efforts to woo her for what they were (even if she seems to have underestimated just how twisted the guy is). And she seemed quite able to stand up for herself when needed; she said she had sworn off dating prior to the MC, and I don't get the impression that was empty talk.

As I've said, I can believe Jill would give up on the MC for his own sake, but I do not think the situation as presented would be enough to make that happen. Thus the fact that it happened feels more like poor writing than good characterization.

Last edited:

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Hey there fellow DIKs, just finished the playthrough with both affinities for the episode and want to show some of my views...

For starters, this thread is a non-stop one, so it's hard to keep up with everything =P

Well...Amazing update, no doubt about that. Lots of renders, new (and great) music, and it's a relief to see that this was a much bigger update than the last one.

Before the update, I was taking the chick affinity path as my main save, but the DIK affinity in this episode reaps some huge rewards...(Don't you guys love the sex scene with Quinn? I was thinking at some point, in Sandy's words, that she would "purr like a kitten" during the act...judging by the scene and for the phone messages, I believe that we are going for a very nice path with her in the next update....can't wait!)

I'm kinda getting a bit tired of the M&J path, my patience with Maya's issues is kinda starting to fade....that girl has to let it go and feel loose regarding the sex with the MC....maybe the next update may bring some good surprises, like a break between her and Josy?

Something quite frustrating was to have to choose between Jill and Sage....Judging by the consequences and knowing that if you pick Sage you'd be in for two AMAZING scenes with Nora (Oh Nora...I love you! Your first animation at the bar is a masterpiece! <3) and the threesome with Nicole and Sandy felt like a "go with Jill or be happy" kind of thing. I believe we're gonna get a HUGE reward in the future if we stick with Jill's path, and we better do, because this episode showed the sacrifice to be made to keep pursuing her...A very long sex scene with tons of animations and choices, the biggest of the game, is expected as compensation lol (especially after Nora)

I've seen people talking about it in the bits that I could read, and I do believe that the affinity system is not balanced at all. But on the other hand, I can see the game starting to shape itself based on it.

For now, I can say...I was happy with the chick affinity path, but I'm way more convinced now by the DIK path. I shall keep both saves anyway, so let's see what the future holds!

God bless you always, DPC!

PS: Quinn's sex scene is hardly going to get out of my head, amazing one. Nora, I love you! And Bella, oh Bella...let's see how this game goes, can't wait to have a proper sex scene with you (you're too hot for my patience to fade completely, although it is getting a bit tiring to just wait for the real scene....)

PS 2: What the bloody hell happened to Vinny?

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
So we're having an argument over DNA and dominant eye color traits, but not over the fact people can't get a cold/flu/influenza from sitting in the cold rain all day.

Seriously?
Yup, no more surreal than a dozen other unrealistic tropes in DPC's 'Realistic' VN.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes