AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Yep, and then it triggers my anxiety causing me to lose my appetite for about a week because that's how much this game has a hold on me. :cry:

P.S. Just want to say I'm so appreciative of all the Maya and M&J love these days in the thread. When I first started posting in this thread I felt like a pariah for liking them, but now I'm not alone anymore and it feels good. :giggle:
For a Maya fan, sometimes this thread becomes tedious but I will never abandon that girl who has already suffered a lot with such a father

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I agree wholeheartedly, I have the same interpretation.
Except is Jill really the type to just be like, "Oh, he doesn't want to spend time with me because he's helping out a sick friend, I guess I'll take that as a sign that we should stop seeing each other but I won't tell him and simply avoid him from now on"? Because I certainly don't think this is who she is.

Jill does not seem the type to cut off contact with someone without telling them why, so when she says, "Maybe it's best not to tell him", she must be referring to something else. Maybe she means that she won't tell him it's because of Tybalt, or maybe she won't tell him they can't see each other, or maybe the "he" is Tybalt and she's not going to tell him that she didn't break things off with the MC in the hopes that things calm down and he cools on his threat to file charges. But I don't think it means she'll just stop being with the MC without an explanation.

Regarding a man-whore route, I can't imagine Jill being too pleased to see a photo of a woman sitting on MC's lap, scrolling through the replies to find out that she's a stripper. Don't even get me started on other compromising choices you can make with other girls. At the rock paced speed Jill's route is going, man-whore MC's and maybe DIK affinity MC's probably won't be able to unlock a future sex scene with Jill.
Well, she doesn't say anything about the picture of him with Bella, so I don't think the Rooster posts really mean anything in terms of LIs getting jealous/suspicious.

Was the letter about the MC’s mom explained this update? If not then that needs to be covered and that perhaps pushes the whole Bella thing back to update 8. Feels like we only really get an answer to one mystery per update.
Yes, but it was very underwhelming considering all the theories that were floating around beforehand, many of which were better than what we got.

I guess this is what the "free-pass" on the M&J path is all about, huh? :unsure: Now we'll see how Maya handles it.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
The DIK rejection thing is messy, I agree. They do the same pleading for another chance on both paths and it very much seems like they want a relationship with the MC, which is why the rejection comes as such a shock. This is why there shouldn't be a rejection path and it should be just a friend path and relationship path, only it's the MC who automatically choosing friendship on th DIK route.

It's not that easy to just brush rejection aside and be friends that quickly, if ever, but if you choose to be just friends when it seems like they wanted more, then you're essentially telling them that you're not sure you want more, so the onus is on them to try and win you over, hence why they try so hard to be your friend.
That scene has never made sense to me. I really can't figure out if DPC just wrote it that way for plot purposes (so the MC would still be involved with M&J) or if he actually felt that the MC, as a character in his story, would WANT to remain friends with someone who just rejected him. If he did it for the plot it's just plain bad writing. If he actually felt that way, it's just unbelievable. So either way, just very bad writing.

Reactions: MrFriendly

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I'm not sure that it's a badly contrived plot. Tybalt is an unpleasant person and he definitely wants to keep the mc away from Jill. He saw this as an opportunity to drive the wedge.

When Jill asks where the fire was he tells her that he doesn't want to worry her about those details (obviously we know the truth).

When he tells Jill to stay away from the MC, we don't see that actual part of the conversation, but it's unlikely that he said, "unless you stay away from mc and suck my cock, I'm pressing charges!". He would have gone with the whole, "this mc is a really bad influence, I'm very worried about you hanging out with him, just look what he did to the mansion, if you're not going to stay away from him for your own good, I will be forced to have him charged, you know I only have your well being in mind, and by the way, my cock is very lonely. Now are you sure you don't want to partake in this watermelon?".

Whether it would stand up in court or not is not the point, it's whether it would convince Jill to back off.

To be honest, if I was Tybalt and the MC did this to me, I'd be looking at how to hit him hard, I'd look at suing for damages (I imagine there'd but a lot of electrical equipment that took a hit once the sprinklers came on).
My best friend is a lawyer. He once told me that the hardest part of his job is convincing clients NOT to pursue bad lawsuits, so maybe Tybalt's actions are believable? Of course IRL the suit would be dismissed almost immediately.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
That scene has never made sense to me. I really can't figure out if DPC just wrote it that way for plot purposes (so the MC would still be involved with M&J) or if he actually felt that the MC, as a character in his story, would WANT to remain friends with someone who just rejected him. If he did it for the plot it's just plain bad writing. If he actually felt that way, it's just unbelievable. So either way, just very bad writing.
This game, like so many AVNs, is converging down a path where you will eventually cast off the chaff to finally end up with your one (or in some cases 20) true love. My gut feeling is it will just be one (it could very well end up none), so at some point permanent decisions will be made for each other LI to be let loose.

This is where the dilemma lies. You don't know when you're making that ultimate decision for each character.

If AL is anything to go on, once you've rejected a character once, they're done, there is no rekindling.

So when you tell Sage you don't want to teach her guitar, is that it? By the end of Episode 5 you still meet up with her in Tybalt's room, but it's all business and she's still keen to be just a friend.

When you choose friendship over "something more" with M&J, is that it, or is it over when you inform Derek that you're over them, or are you lining up a couple (not threesome) when you tell Derek you still have feelings for one of them.

If you don't kiss Jill after the tennis game, will it ever progress further?

Even if we don't know the future for the relationships above, each of those scenarios was a intentional decision to not progress the relationship further at that time, so I guess it's not too bad. I think that's why everyone is getting worked up over the Jill/Sage decision. We Still Want Both!

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Except is Jill really the type to just be like, "Oh, he doesn't want to spend time with me because he's helping out a sick friend, I guess I'll take that as a sign that we should stop seeing each other but I won't tell him and simply avoid him from now on"? Because I certainly don't think this is who she is.

Jill does not seem the type to cut off contact with someone without telling them why, so when she says, "Maybe it's best not to tell him", she must referring to something else. Maybe she means that she won't tell him it's because of Tybalt, or maybe she won't tell him they can't see each other, or maybe the "he" is Tybalt and she's not going to tell him that she didn't break things off with the MC in the hope s that things calm down and he cools on his threat to file charges. But I don't think it means she'll just stop being with the MC without an explanation.
Not going with one of the girls here will consequences down the line, MC rejecting her offer will without a doubt affect her route moving forward most likely negatively. A Jill route where you went with her vs didn't will likely have huge affect with regards to pursuing her(assuming it doesn't reject her ofc). Common sense says if you like said girl you go with said girl.

Well, she doesn't say anything about the picture of him with Bella, so I don't think the Rooster posts really mean anything in terms of LIs getting jealous/suspicious.
The cluck with Bella didn't exhibit anything to make Jill assume there's anything between them unless a pic of her in a bikini sunbathing makes her suspicious which wouldn't make sense. Now a picture of a stripper sitting on his lap in a bar with Tommy on the other hand... see where I'm going with this?

Based off the scene with Tommy in the bar where he berates MC for continuously agitating the Jocks on Rooster (if you picked the first option when responding to Dawe's cluck) we can definitely say that the characters will comment on each others replies/post including MC's.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
His room was untouched by the Jocks so that makes people think he leaked the Cathy pic and that he's somehow in league with the Jocks.

Some people think so, but I don't. We still have that scene in Ep 2 where he's talking to his other "girl", but Melanie is on the treamill in the gym at that time, so it would be very risky to have that kind of conversation in such a public place.

Just because Melanie's biting her lip doesn't necessarily mean it's a sign of attraction as it can also be a sign of nervousness, but being nervous still doesn't mean he's cheating with her as she may simply be keeping a secret for him which is why she's nervous when she sees him knowing what's just happened. Also, if it was Melanie, you would think she wouldn't be so willing to have sex with the MC in Ep 4 if she wants to be in a relationship with Chad.
Episode 5 as well in the bathroom scene. Yeah, that doesn't add up at all. Someone (and I'm sorry, I've forgotten who) posted the theory that Mel is related to Troy, and was reacting to that loyalty in the context of a Troy/Chad relationship.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Yep, and then it triggers my anxiety causing me to lose my appetite for about a week because that's how much this game has a hold on me. :cry:

P.S. Just want to say I'm so appreciative of all the Maya and M&J love these days in the thread. When I first started posting in this thread I felt like a pariah for liking them, but now I'm not alone anymore and it feels good. :giggle:
I was so weary of riding DPC's emotional roller coaster after this episode that I put it aside to go off and play other games for a while. One of them was the prologue to Chasing Sunsets. Ya know, even though that game deals with some heavy topics, and ended on a very tragic piece of news, when I finished it I didn't feel nearly as emotionally exhausted as I do after an episode like this.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
His room was untouched by the Jocks so that makes people think he leaked the Cathy pic and that he's somehow in league with the Jocks.

Some people think so, but I don't. We still have that scene in Ep 2 where he's talking to his other "girl", but Melanie is on the treamill in the gym at that time, so it would be very risky to have that kind of conversation in such a public place.

Just because Melanie's biting her lip doesn't necessarily mean it's a sign of attraction as it can also be a sign of nervousness, but being nervous still doesn't mean he's cheating with her as she may simply be keeping a secret for him which is why she's nervous when she sees him knowing what's just happened. Also, if it was Melanie, you would think she wouldn't be so willing to have sex with the MC in Ep 4 if she wants to be in a relationship with Chad.
I agree Melanie is being heavily implied, but the scene of her on the treadmill makes that highly problematic. Sigh. Four episodes later and we still just don't know enough to really speculate about the side bitch.

Maybe instead of focusing on who Chad is fooling around with we should ponder why Chad decided to break up with Sage now? I mean it's pretty clear he hasn't loved Sage for some time (if ever), so why break up now? I'd have thought Melanie and Sarah seeing Sage kiss the MC would have something to do with it, but the scene seems to play out the same way (word for word) whether they kiss or not.

Clearly there is some other reason that's actually driving this. Melanie definitely knows something, but isn't happy seeing Sage furious. Chad is obviously hurting Sage, but I don't get the sense he wants to do that. So what gives?

If he really is gay and just using Sage for cover, why did that stop? Maybe it's because he's no longer with the Jocks? It sure seems like he wants to rejoin them later, so I doubt that. Maybe Melanie needs to break them up for some scheme and just feels extra guilty watching it play out? Possible, I guess, but it seems outlandish that a scheme would hinge on either Sage or Chad being single; even if the goal is just to distract Sage, that's a hell of a way to go about it!

I'm not seeing any obvious answers. Anyone else got an idea?

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I agree Melanie is being heavily implied, but the scene of her on the treadmill makes that highly problematic. Sigh. Four episodes later and we still just don't know enough to really speculate about the side bitch.

Maybe instead of focusing on who Chad is fooling around with we should ponder why Chad decided to break up with Sage now? I mean it's pretty clear he hasn't loved Sage for some time (if ever), so why break up now? I'd have thought Melanie and Sarah seeing Sage kiss the MC would have something to do with it, but the scene seems to play out the same way (word for word) whether they kiss or not.

Clearly there is some other reason that's actually driving this. Melanie definitely knows something, but isn't happy seeing Sage furious. Chad is obviously hurting Sage, but I don't get the sense he wants to do that. So what gives?

If he really is gay and just using Sage for cover, why did that stop? Maybe it's because he's no longer with the Jocks? It sure seems like he wants to rejoin them later, so I doubt that. Maybe Melanie needs to break them up for some scheme and just feels extra guilty watching it play out? Possible, I guess, but it seems outlandish that a scheme would hinge on either Sage or Chad being single; even if the goal is just to distract Sage, that's a hell of a way to go about it!

I'm not seeing any obvious answers. Anyone else got an idea?
1. He doesn't love Sage (never has)

2. He has someone else and is happy according to that one Jock.

3. He isn't with the Jocks anymore, meaning no more machismo charade to keep up meaning Sage isn't needed anymore. "Its not you, it's me"

Also I'm pretty sure his removal from the alphas is permanent. Doubt he wants to rejoin anyways.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Jill does not seem the type to cut off contact with someone without telling them why, so when she says, "Maybe it's best not to tell him", she must be referring to something else. Maybe she means that she won't tell him it's because of Tybalt, or maybe she won't tell him they can't see each other, or maybe the "he" is Tybalt and she's not going to tell him that she didn't break things off with the MC in the hopes that things calm down and he cools on his threat to file charges. But I don't think it means she'll just stop being with the MC without an explanation.
The thing I think you're neglecting is that Jill is written badly this episode. So when she says "Maybe it's best not to tell him" I think we're meant to take that at face value.

She'll completely ignore the MC if he didn't make out with her in Episode 5 (kissing her on the first date might also work): she doesn't ask for his help with the piano, nevers telling him about Tybalt and obviously trying to avoid interacting with him in the library. Even if she flirts the rules and calls the MC, she still doesn't mention Tybalt until the MC tries to make out with her again, and then only to explain why she's ending things.

I think it's fair to say that Jill really is trying to comply with Tybalt's ultimatum, so I don't see why an (alleged) show of disinterest in her by the MC would make her LESS likely to end things. Doesn't mean I buy into the reasoning, but we do have to consider what DPC seems to intend as well as what would logically happen based on earlier scenes.

That said, I'm certain this is not the last any of our MC's will see of Jill. Something will happen to force her and the MC back into contact, thus provoking a new font of drama from Tybalt. My question is specifically whether there's a new romance path on the other side, or if the only way to date her successfully is to force the issue now. My gut says this isn't the point of no return just yet, but I could be wrong.

Yes, but it was very underwhelming considering all the theories that were floating around beforehand, many of which were better than what we got.
Eh, it was about what I was hoping for. Enough money to influence the plot without trivializing everything, and some character development for the MC and his parents. I'm curious to see where the diary leads. I'm also wondering if those clothes are going to serve some purpose going forward.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes